Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 16, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
GOLDENi

Hey, just wanted to start one up since it the big dance starts Thursday.

Just want to know your upsets, Final 4, & Championship game.

Upsets (if they beat a team that is a higher seed then them)--
MIDWEST
N. IOWA > UNLV
Oklahoma State > Ohio State
Michigan State > Maryland
Georgetown > Kansas

WEST
FL. STATE > Gonzaga
Butler > Vandy
Pittsburgh > Kansas State

EAST
Missouri > Clemson
Missouri > W. Virginia
Temple > Wisconsin
New Mexico > Kentucky

SOUTH
Louisville > California
Saint Mary's > Richmond
Notre Dame > Baylor

**Ones in italics are the ones that I am not too sure on just going by gut.
But you never know in the big dance, things happen.

FINAL 4
GEORGETOWN
SYRACUSE
NEW MEXICO
DUKE

CHAMPIONSHIP
SYRACUSE
DUKE

WINNER: DUKE

**I know I'm going to get shitted on for DUKE but I think they got a legitimate chance this year, we'll have to wait & see. Jon Scheyer & Kyle Singler have been playing amazing & Brian Zoubek with the Plumlee brothers, too dominant.

Now let's see what you got!
March 16, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
Scotty

SMH at u not putting Kentucky in the final four? And then have duke winning it! hahha
March 16, 2010 @ 01:24 PM
Juki

yea hes crazy. Ill have my picks later. Its kind of early but Im saying Kentucky's gonna be at-least final 4. Duke will lose in sweet 16 as usual.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

March 16, 2010 @ 02:36 PM
GOLDENi

Lol Scotty I knew you'd say something about it.

Haha oh yes you're the Kentucky fan. They're good, yes but I got a huge feeling they're going to get upset, just watch. New Mexico is that dark horse.

& we'll see about DUKE, they seem to be a better team this year with presence down low with the Plumlee brothers & Zoubek & then we got the big 3 Scheyer, Singler, & Smith.
March 16, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
Pinhead Larry

SMH at u not putting Kentucky in the final four? And then have duke winning it! hahha

Kentucky has no tournament experience at all. All its veterans were on shitty non-tournament teams, and all the young talent in Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins won't be used to the post-season urgent environments. Those games in the regular season where they almost lost to really bad teams, puts them on upset alert in the tournament.

Duke at least has that veteran leadership and drive to get to the Final Four with Singler, Scheyer, Smith, Zoubek, and Thomas all being 3 or 4 year players, who have been to the tournament every year.

That being said, I pick Duke to make it to the Final Four, but lose to WVU then. I have a hot Ohio State team beating Kansas in the Elite Eight,to match up with K State in the final four, beat them, and beat WVU in the final to get the title.
March 16, 2010 @ 03:37 PM
GOLDENi

Yeah that is why I put Kentucky losing, they had too many close games during the season & the there are basically no veterans who have experience. You explained it perfectly.

Hm.. Ohio State, I see them getting upset, they had that lucky shot against Michigan but I don't know. I got Ohio State going out in the 2nd round against Oklahoma State. But I got a big feeling that is a bad choice but hey gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
March 17, 2010 @ 05:21 PM
WhiteMike

Arent you a duke homer? smh at betting on a team you love to win. Bad strategy. Remove emotion!!!

Anyways, Duke wont make it past Villanova or Baylor. Duke struggles against athletic teams and Baylor and 'nova are very athletic. Plus the ACC sucked ass this year

As far as upsets go, I don't consider 8-9 or 7-10 games to be upsets because a lot of times they're coin flips anyways.

I think NMSU has a chance over MSU. MSU has had some injuries and suspensions as well as chemistry problems. They're a bit over-seeded I would have to say.

Washington over Marquette: Marquette relies on shooting the 3, Washington defends the 3 well. Plus they're playing in san jose, a non-basketball arena. Rims are gonna be tight and the hp-pavilion has a cavernous feel, making it harder for shooting teams. UW has a very athletic and quick team, able to defend the guard heavy lineup of MU. MU has nobody big enough to defend a 6-9 center (MU's biggest guy is 6-6) and he is athletic enough to be able to run the floor with MU and UW.

I think Sienna has a good chance against Purdoodoo. Purdue lost their best player in Hummel and haven't been playing great. Realistically they are also over-seeded, Sienna has a good shot.

Everyone seems to be picking Tennessee to lose to SDSU but they beat Kansas and Kentucky I believe. I think Tennessee's a sleeper and potential bracket buster in that region.

Murray State has also been picked to beat Vandy, but they have no real marquee wins. MSU played close in a couple games but haven't won the big one this season.

Cornell won't beat Temple. Temple is one of the best at defending the 3 in the nation and Cornell needs to hit from outside to have a shot.

My final 4:
Kansas
Cuse (hopefully they can make it past first weekend until they get their center back)
Baylor
Kentucky (by far the most talented team in the nation in a very weak region)

Champ: Kansas

Everybody and their mother is picking KU but theres a reason. They're very very good.
March 17, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
AntonyT

yo i made this exact thread.

anyway i got 'cuse going all the way
March 18, 2010 @ 02:24 AM
tyler:

i got Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and Syracuse losing in the first round...
LOL but serious, I got KU, WVU, Cuse, and Duke. didnt wanna pick all 1's and a 2 but w/e
darkhorse is Baylor and i got UW getting to sweet 16 as my upset pick
March 18, 2010 @ 06:12 AM
shaq32

Kansas University
March 18, 2010 @ 08:50 AM
skivic35

pure, u have WVU not making the elite 8? ur insane
March 18, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
GOLDENi

Haha I know skiv. I was thinking of a big upset that might break everyones bracket & hopefully keep mine alive but it might turn out to be the other way around haha.
March 18, 2010 @ 11:06 AM
Guapamole

anything but Duke FTW
March 18, 2010 @ 03:18 PM
Pinhead Larry

Arent you a duke homer? smh at betting on a team you love to win. Bad strategy. Remove emotion!!!

Anyways, Duke wont make it past Villanova or Baylor. Duke struggles against athletic teams and Baylor and 'nova are very athletic. Plus the ACC sucked ass this year

Villanova almost lost to Robert Morris today. This Nova team probably won't even make it to the Elite Eight.
March 18, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
GOLDENi

Yeah Nova didn't do too hot. Too many upsets right now!! It's MADNESS!

Notre Damn lose sad
Amazing Murray State vs. VANDY game.. Murray State!!!! Even though I had Vandy winning, awesome game.

That Butler vs. SHS was a good game, stupid Sam Houston.. Cavell is a beast!
March 18, 2010 @ 08:04 PM
shaq32

its late and off topic but did anybody see that "Our Noah is better looking than their Noah" sign during the Florida - BYU game?
March 18, 2010 @ 08:25 PM
faust

my school is going to get ass raped by kansas.
March 19, 2010 @ 12:15 AM
northwest

i got Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and Syracuse losing in the first round...
LOL but serious, I got KU, WVU, Cuse, and Duke. didnt wanna pick all 1's and a 2 but w/e
darkhorse is Baylor and i got UW getting to sweet 16 as my upset pick

hell yeah cuhh. i missed their game vs. marquette though. only got to watch the first half then had to leave while they were down 10. then i heard they won. i hope they win even though it's nearly impossible
March 19, 2010 @ 01:05 AM
J THRILLLAH

my brackets are fucked.

March 19, 2010 @ 01:18 AM
Guapamole

UW so swag.
March 19, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
WhiteMike

Man UW - Marquette game was that shit tonight. I had a final so I DVRed it, turned my phone and shit off and came home and watched it and was going nuts.

I was hoping Montana would take care of NM, seeing as how UW already spanked them this year. But hopefully we can beat NM. Dunno much about them besides that they ran away with the MWC, so not much to analyze for me...
March 20, 2010 @ 12:19 AM
Scotty

Round 1 over

How did everyone do? Some crazy upsets which screwed me..

First round = 23/32
March 20, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
ateeeewuh.

bracket busted. had louisville going to the elite 8.
March 20, 2010 @ 09:34 AM
GOLDENi

Round 1 over

How did everyone do? Some crazy upsets which screwed me..

First round = 23/32

I had 23/32 also.

Haha you had Louisville beating DUKE.. tsk tsk.
March 20, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
Pinhead Larry

what a dumbass. Lousiville was one of the most inconsistent teams in the nation this past season.
March 20, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
GOLDENi

LMFAO damn WordLife, you just heatin' on people. WordLife = Bracket Master

Villanova fucked me, I had them going to the Elite 8, dumb move on my part.
March 20, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
ateeeewuh.

ricky p. hoes.
March 20, 2010 @ 07:16 PM
WhiteMike

damn how about NI and UW
March 20, 2010 @ 09:43 PM
ateeeewuh.

lol @ people who had kansas.
March 20, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
shaq32

theres gonna be no stopping the kentucky bandwagon now