Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 16, 2011 @ 09:05 PM
alberto.1989

5'8 155lbs
WSP DEN

Here's what my workouts looked like when i was cutting. Keep in mind I switch up my workouts a lot, this is just an example.

Supplements I was taking:
Jack3d & ON Whey & Casein

Mon/Wed/Fri (Chest/Back/Legs/Lower abs)

Chest:
Incline bench 3x12
Regular bench 3x12
Decline bench 3x12

Back:
Pull ups 50+ (different types)
Deadlifts 3x12

Legs:
Squats 3x12
Leg extensions 3x12
Calf-raises 5x15

Lower abs:
Leg raises 3x25
Weighted side bends 3x25

Tues/Th/Sat (Bi/Tri/Shoulders/Upper abs)

Bi-ceps:
Hammer curls: 3x12
Precher curls 3x12
Reverse curls 3x12

Tri-ceps:
Lying Barbell Extensions 3x12
Tri-cep push downs 3x12
Weighted dips 3x12

Shoulders:
Arnold Dumbbell press 3x12
Upright rows 3x12
Seated lateral raises 3x12

Upper abs:
- Weighted ab crunch machine 3x12

Cardio 3x a week
- HIIT

yo damn how the hell do you get through this work out? i did chest back and legs today but i substituted leg extensions for leg presses and omg i felt like passing out lmao fuck, took me like 2 hrs
May 16, 2011 @ 09:55 PM
brannen

I'm sure this has been asked before, but which is a better way to get rid of fat: cardio then weight training or vice versa? I'm just tryna lose weight. I'm fat.
May 16, 2011 @ 10:18 PM
alberto.1989

i don't think it matters bruh
May 16, 2011 @ 11:09 PM
Awww SNAP

i've been on p90 for a week, and i'm trying to add in lifting now to TRY and bulk up a bit. anyone have any routines for that? i wanna factor in workouts on a bench, barbell, exercise machine (for pulldowns,butterflies,etc). any advice is greatly appreciated.
May 17, 2011 @ 02:06 AM
LJuni0r

I'm sure this has been asked before, but which is a better way to get rid of fat: cardio then weight training or vice versa? I'm just tryna lose weight. I'm fat.

doesn't matter. youre thinking too hard bro.
May 17, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Weight training then cardio

My brother sent me this months ago had to dig it up in my emails

www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201104/warm-cardio-then-go-weights-right-wrong

What I've been doing lately has been before work I'll hop on the bike and do 5-10 miles. Then after work depending on what day it is I'll either do 2 stations of cardio (Heavy Bag + HIIT/Bike) (Heavy Bag + Jump Rope) or (Jump Rope + HIIT/Bike) or I'll do my lift day + more bike cardio after.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

May 17, 2011 @ 12:54 PM
brannen

Good looks man!
May 17, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
azix

just reached 315 max on bench!
May 17, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
ClydeFrazier

i've been on p90 for a week, and i'm trying to add in lifting now to TRY and bulk up a bit. anyone have any routines for that? i wanna factor in workouts on a bench, barbell, exercise machine (for pulldowns,butterflies,etc). any advice is greatly appreciated.

if you wanna focus on bulking, drop p90x all together. your diet should be carb/protein heavy with some fat and your lifting should focus on compound exercises for mass gains using heavy weight and low reps.

Melo Gang All Day

May 17, 2011 @ 08:31 PM
therealness99

yo good looking.
May 20, 2011 @ 02:17 AM
Tommy [F4F]

crossfit
May 20, 2011 @ 10:39 AM
jkatakoon

if you wanna focus on bulking, drop p90x all together. your diet should be carb/protein heavy with some fat and your lifting should focus on compound exercises for mass gains using heavy weight and low reps.

Can you elaborate more on "compound" exercises?
May 20, 2011 @ 10:58 AM
ClydeFrazier

compound exercises include: bench press, squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc

Melo Gang All Day

May 20, 2011 @ 02:18 PM
ahhhrt

Stuff that doesn't focus solely on one muscle/group.
May 21, 2011 @ 12:24 AM
zyezye

fuck machines.

if you wanna bulk stop doing p90x, its mostly cardio, calisthenics and minimum weight resistance. you dont get bulked with p90x, they advertise the opposite.

if your gunna start lifting to bulk, start doing power lifts. better to have functional strength than have giant biceps that just turn your wrist.

also eat like a mother fucker, if you're skinny then dirty bulking shouldn't be a problem.

you should do deadlifts, squats and front squats, bench(close grip/wide grip/ normal). all on olympic bars. you can add in standing/vertical rows and over head presses as well. those are all compound exercises btw.

and the reason i say fuck machines is because of the physics of using machines (you're really not pushing/lifting the amount of weight you really think you're doing) and the fact you gain no stability aswell. I used to rep 180+ lbs no problem on a bench press iso machine, but when i got on the bar, i had to start from square one because my muscle stability was none existent

Weight training then cardio

My brother sent me this months ago had to dig it up in my emails

www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201104/warm-cardio-then-go-weights-right-wrong

lmao people actually do a full cardio work out THEN hit the weights? lmao you cant do both on one day. If you still have energy after doing weights to do 30 minutes of legit cardio, you were not pushing yourself to the point of failure for your muscles

go by this, after a work out in the change room, if you DONT struggle to change your clothes, you didnt push yourself hard enough.
May 24, 2011 @ 12:55 AM
nickchiang

Exercise and Nutrition Vlog
I'm starting a new YT channel soley for nutrition and exercise vlogs
if you guys are interested the first intro video will be up in a matter
of days. Please subscribe ! :D

youtube.com/nickchiang001
May 31, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
IrvinAmbil

Hey guys so im trying to get some input on my workout.,
I go to the gym 4 days a week this is my routine

Sunday && Wed
Upper/middle/Lower Chest
3x10 sets each (upper mid and lower)

dumbell Shoulder press
3x10

front raises/lateral raises
3x10

Tricep
skull crushers
3x10

straight bar pull down ( if that makes sense) on a machine
3x10

dips (machine weighted)
3x10

Rope pull down
3x10

and ill throw in some abs

Tues && Thursday
Back ( sorry im not completely sure of the names for these)
Lateral pull downs ( Machine)wide grip
3x10

Reverse lateral pull downs ( machine palms facing me)close grip
3x10

Bicep curls
3x10

Barbell curls
3x10

Rope curls ( rope attached to the bottom of the machine keep my hands as if im doing a hammer curl)
3x10

Dumbell trap raises
3x10

Forearm
3x10

MY goal is to get stronger but i want to make sure my workouts are good enough.
Right now im taking EAS 100% whey protein after workouts and jack3d pre workout. And i take oxyelitepro ( i switch off jack3d and OEP every 8 weeks)

i know its basically impossible to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time ( at a significant rate) but does anyone have suggestions on how that might be possible?
I know a good diet is the main part but is there anything else im missing?
May 31, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
Scotty

^ Are u trying to just get stronger or get strong and bigger? If u are trying to just get stronger and conditioned.. The u will want to find strength and conditioning exercise routines.. But if u are trying to get bigger and stronger then u want be able to lose fat and gain muscle.. Cause u will be eating more calories than i fu were trying to lose fat..

Where is your leg day? U need a leg day(squates, lunges, deadlifts, preses, extensions, curls).. Also why dont u have any rows for your back? Add a bent over barbell row and one arm dumbell row.. And if u looking to get stronger get rid of 3x10 and start doing 5x5..
May 31, 2011 @ 12:23 PM
alberto.1989

any of you bros have a degree in fitness? is it worth pursuing?
May 31, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
IrvinAmbil

^ Are u trying to just get stronger or get strong and bigger? If u are trying to just get stronger and conditioned.. The u will want to find strength and conditioning exercise routines.. But if u are trying to get bigger and stronger then u want be able to lose fat and gain muscle.. Cause u will be eating more calories than i fu were trying to lose fat..

Where is your leg day? U need a leg day(squates, lunges, deadlifts, preses, extensions, curls).. Also why dont u have any rows for your back? Add a bent over barbell row and one arm dumbell row.. And if u looking to get stronger get rid of 3x10 and start doing 5x5..

Yeah im looking to add a leg day even though i hate it but everyone needs to.,
I also got another question. Say you lift then you drink your protein right after., would it be dumb to do cardio after drinking protein? or does it even matter?
June 1, 2011 @ 12:56 AM
Scotty

^ Why wouldnt u just drink the shake after u do the cardio? haha

If its something u want to do then its worth it.. Also there isnt just a degree in fitness is different things such as Physical therapy, Kinesiology, nutritionist, and personal training.. Some go hand and hand with each other.. Like alot of people who study kinesiology become personal trainers cause they know how the body moves.. So its just what u want to do in the fitness world.. Me personally i have been asked many times especially in the last couple months if i would want to get into training or u should make the career change into personal training.. Which i have thought about many times and its become more of a thought.. But its a career change and something i really have to think cause i like what i do now but im also really into fitness now..
June 4, 2011 @ 07:02 PM
frzn

Ive been on strength routine for a few months now
but strength isnt a goal for me really
im lookin to put on mass, at what point should i switch from a low rep strength routine? i was just doin this to get a base going
June 4, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
Scotty

^ 5 x 5's(5 reps of 5 sets of each) of heavy weight, u will build strength and will build mass.. Also eat about a 1000-1500 more calories, more protein and carbs..
June 4, 2011 @ 10:36 PM
401Dom

I dont but I interned at a gym for 4 years and worked with personal trainers. I also considered going to college for exercise science/nutrition and researched it extensively. Its not worth it unless you go on to get your masters and even then you'll still have trouble finding a job and the payout at the end of the day isnt worth the effort.
June 5, 2011 @ 12:49 AM
frzn

^ 5 x 5's(5 reps of 5 sets of each) of heavy weight, u will build strength and will build mass.. Also eat about a 1000-1500 more calories, more protein and carbs..

thanks
i've been doing 3x5 of big compound exercises (squat/bench/ohp/deadlift)
when should i be moving to a split with more isolation stuff
June 5, 2011 @ 02:01 AM
uusunn

I do 5x5 but alternate my routines on Mondays/Saturdays (Squats, Shoulder press, deadlifts) with Wednesdays (Squats, bench, rows). Three times a week.. days I don't do anything I try to go for at least six sets of high intensity interval training (running) which ends up to be around 2.5 miles with a 5 minute warmup beforehand, and then swim 2200m, 1000m intervals in 50m free or play basketball. Whey after lifting only... Cardio I go more natural and just stay away from whey because of my paranoia with kidney stones.

Breakfast I try to go with omelets, lunch a sandwich (I know, I know.. stay away from bread), and dinner is usually whatever food is on the table for the night.

Am I over-stressing my body? Ideally, I want to be athletic and not a complete meathead, so i'm going for as lean as I can with muscle on top of it.

http://waynesun.com

June 5, 2011 @ 02:08 AM
ClydeFrazier

you want SOME carbs, especially following a workout.

Melo Gang All Day

June 5, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
spitvicious

someone help your fellow hb fam out.
i'm 5'8 and 135 lbs (skinny fuck, im aware) and i'm tryin to get in the 150-160 range. i go to the gym but i dont really have a specific routine. i'm allergic to whey protein so im really at odds on what supplements to take. i'm looking to make some mass gains over the summer and totally change how my body looks. help me out yall.
June 5, 2011 @ 03:44 PM
ClydeFrazier

just get on a weight gainer and do 5x5 powerlifting workouts

truly a shame you're allergic to whey though, it helps a lot

Melo Gang All Day

June 5, 2011 @ 03:58 PM
Scotty

^ Yup, get some weight gainer, there is other protein u can drink such soy, hemp, and casein, eat about 3000 calories, make sure u eat around 150 grams of protein, ALOT of complex carbs, and just like we been stated for everyone who wants to put muscle on 5x5's of heavy lifting.. Other supps: (Glutamine, BCAA, Creatine, Multivitamin, fish oil) those should be your daily routine as well...

A simple routine of 5x5 is to just do 4 day week Monday/Tuesday Thursday/friday... Rest is key when doing heavy weights cause your muscles need more rest then other type of lifting.. U also can throw in a mid cardio/ab day in there as well on like saturday..

Also for the regular posters in this thread and nutrition/supps thread... Im going to combine the 2 threads cause they always go hand in hand.. And most people asking for advice always ask about both as well.. So what should we call the thread? Post what u think the new thread should be and we'll pick one.. Remember its about EVERYTHING!

Please login first to reply.