Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 23, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
WatchMeSink

How do you? Lol I'm skinny already, just have no muscle. I've heard doing situps are outdated and bad for your back..
February 23, 2010 @ 09:48 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Reverse crunches du. Easiest way to do it is sit at the edge of any chair, lift your legs up together off the ground about 6 inches and bring your knees up to your chest.

Oooorrrrr check out my buddy Joe's way of doin it(at around 1:42). Same concept different way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBEVRLkziA

If that link don't work, my bad....I'm doin this off my blackberry son. Youtube Joe's wrkout video2.
February 23, 2010 @ 08:47 PM
gnar

Protein it up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_usVg7Fp0

This guy does it!

Haha, that guy looks so awkward holding his flex while talking.
February 23, 2010 @ 10:28 PM
Vancouver

theres tons of ab exercises just google it or youtube em. also you need a low bodyfat % for them to show
February 23, 2010 @ 10:30 PM
SkeeM

hangin leg raises, srs
February 24, 2010 @ 10:41 AM
TheWho

crunches
February 25, 2010 @ 05:16 PM
regg78

cardio and abwork............but since your skinny already...u just have to do abwork
February 26, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
ClydeFrazier

just do as many different ab exercises as possible erryday

Melo Gang All Day

February 26, 2010 @ 01:26 AM
Donatello

How do you? Lol I'm skinny already, just have no muscle. I've heard doing situps are outdated and bad for your back..

If you really are skinny than you should be able to see your abs...
If not then change your diet, eat proteins and vegetables, stop with the junk food, and stop eating carbs after noon. Do that for two months or so, and keep on working out, you should see your abs.
February 26, 2010 @ 11:43 AM
Ascoli

If you really are skinny than you should be able to see your abs...
If not then change your diet, eat proteins and vegetables, stop with the junk food, and stop eating carbs after noon. Do that for two months or so, and keep on working out, you should see your abs.

can't go wrong if you follow this.
February 27, 2010 @ 10:08 PM
burninator

Situps are bad for your back, and there are more efficient ways to work your abs. Although as people are saying, abs are mainly about eating healthy
February 28, 2010 @ 05:36 PM
604_mike

just because youre skinny, doesnt mean you have low body fat%. Which is the key to showing your abs, everyone has abs but in order to see them, you have to shed any fat ontop of them. Then if you want them to "pop" you need to do core excercises, doesnt really matter wich one's as long as you feel them.

Warning though, you'll look silly if all you do is abs all day. No point in getting a beach ready stomach with no pecs back or arms.
February 28, 2010 @ 07:15 PM
NOTOR1OUS

to get those abs poppin -decline situps with a plate
February 28, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
cbk

sit-ups arent necessarily bad for u, its just that too many ppl do them incorrectly. Either get a workout ball and do crunches on that or do bicycle sit-ups. Just a warning though if you want them to show you have to do a lot on a regular basis. w/e u do just make sure to keep ur neck aligned with ur back, most ppl pull their neck and end up with neck cramps
March 1, 2010 @ 07:34 AM
rUmmeh

just because youre skinny, doesnt mean you have low body fat%. Which is the key to showing your abs, everyone has abs but in order to see them, you have to shed any fat ontop of them. Then if you want them to "pop" you need to do core excercises, doesnt really matter wich one's as long as you feel them.

Warning though, you'll look silly if all you do is abs all day. No point in getting a beach ready stomach with no pecs back or arms.

This is the only post worth reading.

+ I'd like to expand on the last bit. If you're skinny you should consider packing on mass first and then cutting down. Skinny people dropping bodyfat = no no, because you'll just hit unhealthy levels. Do some heavy weights, eat a shit load of good food and the abs will follow up later.

Ignore everything else in this thread. Especially people saying do a million ab exercises, they'll make your abs bigger, but as long as you have that layer of fat on top of them they won't show much, if at all.
March 10, 2010 @ 04:22 AM
99problems

quit drinking..i take that back, you're skinny anyways..go get the PX90 and go from there..you should be able to crush cans with your abs in no time.
March 10, 2010 @ 08:42 PM
urbandelusion

quit drinking..i take that back, you're skinny anyways..go get the PX90 and go from there..you should be able to crush cans with your abs in no time.

Hmm... so that thing is not just a gimmick? If it really works I just may give it a try
March 11, 2010 @ 01:59 AM
99problems

it DOES work. But, you must be COMMITTED to the program. Since you have a slim build, it shouldn't be too hard for you to get a set of abs..but, i suggest you try hitting the gym and put in some work before relying on the videos..just keep thinking "GIRLS + BEACHES" while you're crunching and you'll achieve your goal.
March 13, 2010 @ 05:02 AM
FlightSchool89

Ive found the conventional method of getting abs doesn't work. I just watch and run a whole lot. That seems to shed pounds and tone muscle pretty easily.
March 13, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
Failure Pt.4

Don't overcomplicate it. Just do a bunch of different ab exercises and shit. There's plenty of google. For overall core strength do some planks and side planks and maybe even some ab based yoga. Since you're skinny I doubt u have much stomach fat anyway so u might not have to do cardio and shit to shed fat
March 15, 2010 @ 12:33 PM
TH9

The one I've been doing is the 5 minute exercise, done before and after every workout.
1st minute: pillars - hold yourself in the diamond pushup position for a minute
2nd minute: crunches
3rd minute: "suspension" - i'm not sure the name, but essentially you balance facedown on your stomach and lift your head and legs off the ground.
4:00-4:30: pushups
4:30-5:00: rest
5th minute: pillars again

The last minute kills! No joke!
March 31, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
MRB614

kids a fucking beast
March 31, 2010 @ 09:31 PM
Brandon

Even if you're skinny does not mean you have low body fat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but its 8-12% for visible abs [not the whole 6/8 pack]. So far I have the top 2 visible abs; they're the easiest. Last 2 are a fucking pain in the ass.

FYI, I weigh 175 lbs 5'10 with top 2 abs and when I weighed 165 lbs I had top 4 abs. I bulked up in the winter so I might be able to get the full 6 pack if I drop down to 165 lbs again..
April 15, 2010 @ 01:28 AM
ajaniphoto

Abs
First and foremost, come up with an ab/core-related goal and be specific about it.

In fact, write down your goal.

Then develop a diet that renders your metabolism more efficient, whether you develop that diet through reading and internet research, or by talking to a few trainers, or a combination of a number of sources.

The more fat you burn, the more your abs will show.

After that, it's just a matter of developing a weight training program that incorporates core exercises and compound exercises.

Compound exercises are exercises like squats, dead lifts, shoulder press and so on and so forth.

Basically, compound exercises are exercises that use more than one muscle group and put a great deal of stress on your core -- your core being your abs and lower back.

Regardless of what your goal is, be sure to plan carefully and stick with it.

It will take hard work and discipline and there's no way around it.
April 20, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
Brian@ONLY

all good stuff posted here, some tips about core exercises --

There are 2 types of core exercises you can do, muscle contracting and muscle stabilizing. For contracting exercises I would stick to reverse crunches, leg lifts, oblique bends/twists, v-up's, stability ball pull ins, and side crunches. You can normally stack 2-4 muscle contracting exercises with stability exercises. Core stability exercises are variations of plank and side plank. Good to build core endurance.

A very true statement is that "abs are made in the kitchen" so if you want them to pop you need to drop your body fat so they show through.
April 24, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
SDES

SQUATZ
OATZ

And deadlift if you want.
May 10, 2010 @ 10:53 PM
GrainBelt

This is the only post worth reading.

+ I'd like to expand on the last bit. If you're skinny you should consider packing on mass first and then cutting down. Skinny people dropping bodyfat = no no, because you'll just hit unhealthy levels. Do some heavy weights, eat a shit load of good food and the abs will follow up later.

Ignore everything else in this thread. Especially people saying do a million ab exercises, they'll make your abs bigger, but as long as you have that layer of fat on top of them they won't show much, if at all.

Good post here.

Abs take low body fat. Period.

Treat your abs like any other body part. Weighted, high intensity, low rests.
May 12, 2010 @ 07:45 AM
currysauce13

Funny as it is, the ab rocket actually worked for me. I got a legit two pack now from nothing after like 2 weeks hahaha
March 14, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
Trollinator

bump

seriously spring break is here and i want to work out for a whole month 3times a day and see what results i can get for my abs is there an effective way

im 5'9 155lbs

Thanks

I want to see the world burn

Please login first to reply.