FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
February 2, 2010 @ 08:07 PM
timmehboii

just got some whey protein and i need a good schedule to take it. i work out everyday from 3 to 4:30 and then i go running. at what times should i take my whey protein. btw, im 5'11, 210lb if thats important.
February 2, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
AntonyT

breakfast, about an hour before working out, and get some Casein protein to take before bed
February 2, 2010 @ 09:22 PM
bobbivie

Whoa
February 2, 2010 @ 09:38 PM
dizzzzle

if you're not taking any other supps id say morning, directly post workout, and casein or soy before bed.

id look more into your routine though. over an hour and a half in the gym seems OD...try to get on a program
February 3, 2010 @ 02:28 AM
Scotty

If u are going to the gym at around 3 everyday, have a protein shake between breakfast and lunch as snack and then drink one while u are cooling off after your workout.. Also working out that long u should think of taking NO Xplode so your muscles dont fatigue during the long work out(if u arent already taking it)...
February 3, 2010 @ 06:14 AM
timmehboii

its not just straight lifting weights the whole time, its football workouts so i have to run drills and do sprints part of the time too
February 3, 2010 @ 10:03 AM
viktorious

If u are going to the gym at around 3 everyday, have a protein shake between breakfast and lunch as snack and then drink one while u are cooling off after your workout.. Also working out that long u should think of taking NO Xplode so your muscles dont fatigue during the long work out(if u arent already taking it)...

Do not take NO Xplode. If you are going to take NO Xplode, you better have been working out for some years and you've hit a plateau that you want to overcome and you need some extra drive. Using it now will diminish its effect later on in life when you actually need it.
February 3, 2010 @ 02:05 PM
Eugene K.

Take it before and after if you can... but nitric oxide I would pass. Shit isn't healthy for you at all due to rapid drops in blood pressure.
February 3, 2010 @ 02:17 PM
bison

- when you wake up (not too important if you plan your breakfast correctly)
- 30-40 minutes prior to workout (helps with endurance)
- directly after workout (most important for gains)
February 3, 2010 @ 02:20 PM
Scotty

Do not take NO Xplode. If you are going to take NO Xplode, you better have been working out for some years and you've hit a plateau that you want to overcome and you need some extra drive. Using it now will diminish its effect later on in life when you actually need it.

yeah NO was just an example to take something so his muscle dont fatigue during long workouts.. I dont know what other supps. do this so i just suggested Xplod cause i see people take it before we start training(Muay thai and JJ).. Fatiguing during long work outs isnt good but if u want to keep doing it u are going to need something so it doesnt happen..

but for protein, i take as snack between breakfast and lunch and then after i train or workout..
February 3, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
jaded

Don't waste your money on NO Xplode or Casein. All you need is whey. You want to try to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight each day from the food you eat and the whey protein (chicken breasts are a good source, canned tuna is also good). People who are trying to make gains will bump that up a bit. If you want to use whey before and after your workout, then I would take about 50g of whey within two hours of starting your workout, and another 50g no more than a half hour after your workout. 50g is generally two scoops, but your container will tell you. You will also need to mix that with some carbs both before and after. I will generally have my protein with a measuring cup of pasta, or a couple slices of whole wheat bread (you could also use a cup of cooked rice, cup of beans, packet of instant oatmeal, etc.), but I am also dieting so my carb intake is lower.

If you're going to spend money on anything, spend it on good whey. I only use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey. Don't waste your money on all these other supplements. With a proper diet, you won't need garbage like NO Xplode to force your body through a workout.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 3, 2010 @ 06:11 PM
timmehboii

thanks guys
March 3, 2010 @ 10:36 PM
itZj0k3R

I just take em after my workouts.

Is there really any benefit taking them before working out? I mean I'm sure it'll help you work harder, but I read somewhere that it uses the protein you just took before working out as energy so I'm guessing it's somewhat kind of a waste? I dont know can someone clear that up.
March 3, 2010 @ 10:53 PM
Scotty

^ it depends what your schedule is.. i wake up in the morning i eat breakfast, and for a snack in between breakfast and lunch i have a shake.. Then lunch then workout and after workout drink protein shake.. Also some people have to drink more protein to get enough of there daily requirements but u definitely dont have have two shakes a day...
March 4, 2010 @ 03:16 PM
uncle kwan

Don't waste your money on NO Xplode or Casein. All you need is whey. You want to try to get at least 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass each day from the food you eat and the whey protein (chicken breasts are a good source, canned tuna is also good). People who are trying to make gains will bump that up a bit. If you want to use whey before and after your workout, then I would take about 30g of whey within two hours of starting your workout, and another 30g no more than a half hour after your workout. 50g is generally two scoops- dont really need this though., but your container will tell you. You will also need to mix that with some carbs both before and after. I will generally have my protein with a measuring cup of pasta, or a couple slices of whole wheat bread (you could also use a cup of cooked rice, cup of beans, packet of instant oatmeal, etc.), but I am also dieting so my carb intake is lower.

If you're going to spend money on anything, spend it on good whey or more food to get unprocessed proteins[b]. I only use Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey. Don't waste your money on all these other supplements. With a proper diet, you won't need garbage like NO Xplode [b]or any other prooteins for that matter.

small edits made. some stuff seemed unnessecary if you dont know his physical condition. 50g's per serv. srsly? he'll be shitting diamonds from all that pressure in his intestine lol.

i feel protein should be taking after workouts, its the rebulding and replenishment your body need, at this time is the most catobolic state besides when you wakue up in the morning.
March 6, 2010 @ 11:25 AM
joka22

No explode is the biggest waste of money ever, just marketing/branding hype.Stick to whey proetein and take it after your workout.Try and get some optimum nutrition 100% standard gold whey( rich dark chocolate is my preferred choice).
March 6, 2010 @ 04:19 PM
Scotty

^thats what use.. taste like rich chocolate milk!

Also if u cant eat eggs or anything with protein in the morning.. Take a scoop of vanilla protein shake, some bananas & strawberries, and oatmeal.. Put it in a blender, great for breakfast in the run! Taste pretty bomb too...
March 6, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

hemp protein yay or nay?

is it better to drink protein shake with fibers or no fibers?

thank you.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

March 6, 2010 @ 10:01 PM
Scotty

^with especially in the morning if u can.. Reason i mix it with oatmeal sometimes!
March 9, 2010 @ 11:10 AM
JesusHadDreads

I take Bodytech Whey Tech protein before and after a workout with one Teaspoon (5g's) of 100% Creatine Monohydrate in each shake. Like stated before, try and eat 1g of Protein for every LB you weigh. So since I'm 186lbs I wanna try and eat 186g's of Protein a day.
March 9, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
Scotty

I take Bodytech Whey Tech protein before and after a workout with one Teaspoon (5g's) of 100% Creatine Monohydrate in each shake. Like stated before, try and eat 1g of Protein for every LB you weigh. So since I'm 186lbs I wanna try and eat 186g's of Protein a day.

Thats way to much, this is how u calculate protein intake... u have to break your body weight down into kilograms.. Calculation is Your weight/2.2 x .8-1.2(depending on what your workout is) = total daily protein intake, so for u its:

186/2.2 x .8-1.2 = 67-101 grams of protein daily
March 10, 2010 @ 04:04 AM
99problems

5'11 and at 210?!?..you're already huge! I hope you plan to lean down if you're trying to add some more mass. Anyways, shake at lunch (1:30pm) and later after my workout.
April 16, 2012 @ 11:42 AM
rampage18567

Protein is good nutrition. Protein helps build muscle. I eat 6 meals a day of protein.

Dymatize Elite Whey Dymatize Elite Whey Dymatize Elite Whey

April 18, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
nicka

take before and after workout

Olive Field Pullover L FS

Please login first to reply.