Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 4, 2010 @ 01:26 AM
Lew

i'm 5'11 around 210-215 with a small frame so i look around 170-175 but im trying to drop down to 165

After searching through various sites i've learned that people make losing weight harder than what it really seems. Is there any clear simple way i can simply just lose weight without being overwhelmed by a list of instructions and guidelines i have to follow everyday ?. I don't want losing weight to become a burden on my life, i'd still like to have fun and do everything i normally do without it affecting me

My goal isn't really to gain any muscle i just want to lose weight that's it, should i still be doing weights and working out or just pure diet and cardio?

In the past while trying to lose weight i've failed because ive been overwhelmed with stuff people have been telling me to do to lose weight.

Is it as simple as

-Don't eat/drink junk foods
-Eat healthy non salty food and fruits
-Do cardio

or is there more to it? I just want the simplest way to lose weight so i don't have tons of information overwhelming me while im doing it. I want it to be a process where it's easy and simple and i don't have much to think about other than eating right and doing what i'm supposed to do.

I'm a avid weed smoker, would smoking weed negatively ruin my goal of losing weight? I've heard of people losing tons of weight while smoking but i'm still not sure. I'm willing to drop the habit aslong as it will help me reach my goal.

thank you guys for the help
January 4, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Its as simple as eat more often than your use to.
Nutritionists aren't lyin when they say to eat 6-8 times a day....pretty much the goal is to eat so that you don't feel hungry but don't eat till your stuffed if that makes sense.
Work out on a regular basis...
Drink lots of water...
You'll be good
January 4, 2010 @ 01:37 AM
WAAA524

Your list pretty much sums it all, eat healthy, stick to cardio, and avoid fatty/extremely sugary foods. You should probably set an agenda for your cardio, such as running like two miles a day whenever you can. If your looking to purely lose weight, sauna/steam rooms should help out too after a long run (just make sure to stay hydrated with plenty of water.)
January 4, 2010 @ 01:52 AM
Lew

i think my main problem is my mind is always on food while trying to lose weight, i always feel hungry and i stay up pretty late and i end up eating something i'm not supposed to, added onto the fact that the healthy food i end up buying all the time is nasty to me, maybe i'm just buying the wrong stuff.I end up buying the healthiest stuff i could find and i always hate the taste of it, i think thats the main problem, the healthy food i pick is stuff i generally don't like and that leads me to eating junk food etc.

are there any alternatives to water? I know i will be drinking tons of water but i know at the same time i will want to try something different once in a while, also i don't drink tea.

Also should i avoid red meats? what are some tasty but nutritional foods, whether it be frozen or not, i can buy that'll satisfy me for dinner and lunch. I think my diet would be wayy easier if i enjoyed the food that consists in my diet
January 4, 2010 @ 03:10 AM
Ferris.Bueller

Dude again, just trust me. It seems like your the one making it hard for yourself to lose that wanted weight. Its ok to eat whatever you want just know that its all in moderation and set in portions. Always carry around a snack. Some almonds, grapes, trail mix... Some shit so you can snack on. You DON'T want your body to go into that hunger mode. Have you ever noticed that when you feel hungry you tend to eat more? Or eat till the point where you eat so fuckin much your full and can't like move? Lol you don't want that b. It not rocket science. Eat in portions and drink water. Once you get used to water...everything else will taste like shit.

Also everything is good for you if your atleast workin some of it off. Just don't start calorie/carb counting cause if you don't know what your doin, shit could back fire.
For example, just the other day I ordered Chinese take out...instead of getting chow mein and fried rice I just had them substitute both for steamed rice and chicken.
January 4, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
drewAM

You're on the right track. Just remember: to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you take in. Figure out what your average daily calorie intake is, and figure out how many calories your daily exercise burns. Generally, if you burn off 500 more calories than you eat everyday, you should lose about a pound a week.

FUCK MY NIGGER DAD

January 4, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
Electric Devil

eat vegetables they'll fill you up and you wont be hungry for awhile.also a glass of water or milk.
what i do is eat some of those mixed vegetable bags that way you get alittle of everything peas,carrots etc
January 4, 2010 @ 08:10 PM
Marky Mark

Even if you don't wanna put on muscle, I'd do some weight training. More muscle means you can burn more calories. Also, have a variety of cardio activities you like to do (run, bike, rowing machine, etc) cause it's easy to plateau with cardio.
January 4, 2010 @ 08:22 PM
Scotty

Simpe way of losing weight:

- eat good food (everyone knows that)
- eat the right proportions of food.. People miss this, they think its healthy they can alot of it.. ONLY SERVING SIZE
- Work out for atleast an hour a day(p90x shit will fuck u up but amazing workouts)
- Drink lots of water
- Dont eat before bed, food just sits in your system
- Protein is huge ( have a good amount in your diet)
- eat 5 times a day( your 3 regular meals with 2 snacks inbetween)
- when u feel hungry drink water

* Also there is NO easy way to lose weight! U dont have to have a strict schedule but u have to keep with it!
January 5, 2010 @ 04:42 AM
Lew

thanks everyone you've all been great help (Not being sarcastic)

but what about smoking weed while doing my diet? would it effect it, in some cases ive heard of people losing even more weight while smoking, is this true? any weed smokers in here who've been through a diet while smoking?

And also what are some good frozen foods and foods to buy to make during my diet? i think my main problem is the stuff that people tell me to eat i find disgusting, i think finding some shit that tastes good would help me even more.
January 5, 2010 @ 05:18 AM
Ledger

Snack on fruit - but nothing too excessive, while fruit is good for you it contains sugar which you don't need too much of. Also nuts are good but stay clear of salted ones, almonds are def good.

IMO have a decent sized breakfast and gradually smaller meals, this always works for me. Muesli, low fat yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, meat + veg for lunch and then tuna and salad for dinner. Lots of water and tea at night; plus stop the booze.
January 6, 2010 @ 06:10 PM
Lew

any foods you guys recommend thats tasty but healthy whether its frozen or just snacks, im going grocery shopping tomorrow so it'll be the shit if i know which stuff to buy already
January 9, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
quiwi

get some small healthy snacks to curb your appetite like nuts (almonds) and fruit/veggies (spinach, grapes, baby carrots). just a few ideas

also, Christian Bale lost 60 lbs in a few months by only eating an apple and a cup of coffee. that'll do it for ya
January 9, 2010 @ 06:14 PM
damnodalis

What everyone said and to address smoking weed. The whole losing weight thing is bullshit. I took a whole class on this shit. Its a myth, in fact ppl eat more when they smoke bc they get the munchies. It does nothing to you to make you lose weight.
January 15, 2010 @ 10:08 AM
supreme86

anyone knows how to lose the extra fat on cheeks?
January 15, 2010 @ 01:08 PM
unknown force.

anyone knows how to lose the extra fat on cheeks?

as my nutrition teacher and my kine teacher said, YOU CAN NOT SPOT REDUCE. everything you see about spot reducing to get a 6pack is fake. you can't choose where your body will lose weight unless you get LIPO.

and to the OP, watch what you eat make a calorie deficit. then do whatevs
January 30, 2010 @ 06:17 PM
chaobro

when almost everyone here doesnt know what the fuck theyre talkin about you know youre in a forum full of girls

go to a different forum or pm me
January 31, 2010 @ 04:19 PM
Rugby Seigel

Eat a big meal, then try and find it in your stomach.
February 2, 2010 @ 11:34 PM
DaTruth1

Search for a torrent of Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook. It is a great and easy diet to follow, especially if you are already lifting weights
February 2, 2010 @ 11:47 PM
buffaloclone

i think my main problem is my mind is always on food while trying to lose weight, i always feel hungry and i stay up pretty late and i end up eating something i'm not supposed to, added onto the fact that the healthy food i end up buying all the time is nasty to me, maybe i'm just buying the wrong stuff.I end up buying the healthiest stuff i could find and i always hate the taste of it, i think thats the main problem, the healthy food i pick is stuff i generally don't like and that leads me to eating junk food etc.

are there any alternatives to water? I know i will be drinking tons of water but i know at the same time i will want to try something different once in a while, also i don't drink tea.

Also should i avoid red meats? what are some tasty but nutritional foods, whether it be frozen or not, i can buy that'll satisfy me for dinner and lunch. I think my diet would be wayy easier if i enjoyed the food that consists in my diet

Arizona diet green tea, its a whole new level of tea....

http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/ follow ya boi, its pretty much all puppies and babes

February 12, 2010 @ 11:18 AM
rUmmeh

Whoever mentioned 'cutting back on fats' is an idiot. Fats aren't bad for you, you just need to get the right kinds in you, things like mixed nuts are full of fats but they do amazing things for your diet.

And trust me, you need to stop looking at the number you weigh, it's not a real indication of what you want. I bet more than anything you just want to appear slimmer, not weigh less. You just need to lose bodyfat, not just weight. More muscle = slimmer apearance. Best thing would be to pack on muscle and shed fat while maintaining a good weight. I'll explain it with numbers:

2 guys (A and B), both are 5'11" and weigh 200lbs. But one appears to be fat and the other is muscley. How?

A: Has a bodyfat percentage of 12% (10% is when your abs show)

B: Has a bodyfat percentage of 30% (Pretty unhealthy)

You want to lose bodyfat, not weight.
February 12, 2010 @ 09:29 PM
droalex

Turkey Chicken and Tuna is awesome =o
February 15, 2010 @ 12:47 AM
Calborn

don't smoke. it's bad for you (obviously)

find your caloric maintenance level
www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

and eat 400-500 calories below that.

you dont HAVE to give up on junk food, but wholesome meals are much more satisfying and wont clog your heart. and they'll give you more energy.

and exercise. i don't care if you have to run around your house/apt because you dont have a treadmill or lift milk containers as replacement weights. get active.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

February 17, 2010 @ 11:42 AM
JesusHadDreads

You don't sound very motivated at all bro.
If you wanted it bad enough you should be willing to eat shit you don't like and be in the gym.
February 17, 2010 @ 11:40 PM
Calborn

You don't sound very motivated at all bro.
If you wanted it bad enough you should be willing to eat shit you don't like and be in the gym.

this

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

February 18, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

counting calories can be pretty helpful but i guess that could be burdensome to some people. still, if you're serious about it, i'd try to find how many calories (at least estimate it) you eat a day and then, like someone else said, start eating a few hundred less. i started counting calories but i didn't actually know how much less i was taking daily because i didn't count them before i started eating less. my diet was actually pretty strict for a while, then i started boxing, and i started eating a few hundred calories more than what i did when i started changing my diet because you have to supply your body with a sufficient amount even if you're trying to lose weight. i haven't become some unbelievable expert on this but i've educated myself to know much of the fundamental concepts to losing fat, gaining muscle, etc and then some from reading and personal experience.

and another key thing to know is that it takes patience to lose fat and keep it off. if you lose it fast, you are somewhat likely to gain it back just as fast if you don't manage things right. it's advisable to try to lose fat gradually/progressively. i kind of lost weight a bit faster than a lot of people would be advised to because i didn't really know at the time but i was able to speed up my metabolism, sustain the weight and then gain muscle on top of it. it's worth it once you start seeing results.

and i'd suggest not smoking, but that's just me

p.s. using saunas and sweat suits unfortunately don't exactly help you lose weight in the long run. sweating itself can be healthy because it takes toxins out of the body and stuff but what you're losing is water weight. this water weight comes back immediately once you hydrate yourself again though. but if you don't drink water, you put yourself in danger of more health risks like dehydration. i wouldn't be concerned with trying to sweat all your fat away because it won't necessarily happen that way. people using those things are often boxers and wrestlers who may be trying to make weight the next day. although that still isn't healthy nor advisable.
March 10, 2010 @ 04:17 AM
99problems

You don't need to work with weights right now. Your main goal is lose weight and then re-build your body from there. Create a diet plan you'll FULLY COMMIT; do not cheat your diet! Cut back at eating so late and do cardio 3-4xs a week! My brother is about your height and weighs a little more. He started his diet 2weeks ago and has lost 8lbs at this point.
March 31, 2010 @ 09:00 PM
MRB614

yea when u get the munchies you eat a shit ton olollol
April 16, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
ajaniphoto

Some things you have to do..
Some things you have to do, no matter what, if you're trying to lose weight is to eat foods that increase your metabolism and render you digestive system more efficient, eat often -- 4-6 times a day, with snacks, incorporate some cardio with your weight training program and eat the right kinds of carbs, proteins, fats and so on. The right ratio of nutrients will help you lose weight, it's just a matter of knowing your body type and understanding your own metabolic predisposition.

--

a j a n i photography: digital image solutions

www.ajani.ca
www.ajaniphotography.com
www.ajani.ca/blog

Please login first to reply.