Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 19, 2010 @ 03:30 PM
Shaun

I'd like to try 4-2-3-1.
July 19, 2010 @ 03:43 PM
sjem

So would I but as of right now we don't have anyone to play in the attacking midfield position other than maybe Scholes.

Edit: Unless you were talking about England, then we could play Gerrard there with Carrick and Barry, (or Rodwell/Wilshire if they get picked) in the 2.
July 28, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
go0seMUFC

It's an outdated formation definitely but it's still effective if you have centre mids that can play competently as a pair. I mean look at Bayern Munich they played 4-4-1-1 (not exactly 4-4-2 I know) and they got to the Champions League final but they had balance in the midfield whereas England, and even United to an extent, don't have 2 midfielders that can play well alone with the right mix between creativity and defensiveness.

Dude, Bayern CANNOT be used as the example! The way they got that far was just unthinkable considering the situations they were in and how they managed to get through.

Two in the middle is simply not enough. Also considering you're playing 2 lines of 4 and not 3 more compact, and more effective lines.

Please login first to reply.