Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 14, 2010 @ 06:14 PM
go0seMUFC

Brazil hasn't been playing that actual Brazilian football which they are known for. They look like England on the field. Horrible to watch and boring. Dinho is what Brazil needs to bring that rhythm.

As for Argetina, I hope their planes crashes and they all die. I hate them fucking pricks. I hope they fail to get out of their group.

So you think boring football is balance between attacking & defense? Because it seems to me they are more sound in their defensive end as well as the attacking section. To me, Brazil has been playing just fine as they've been getting the wins under their belt. Smashing the previous Argies in Copa America and taking over the Confederations. They'll prove if they have the meddle in them by facing a world class team at the World Cup.

BTW, did anyone read the Spanish 30-man roster? No David Silva!!! =( Don't think he's injured. Someone keep me posted on that.
May 14, 2010 @ 06:41 PM
Shaun

BTW, did anyone read the Spanish 30-man roster? No David Silva!!! =( Don't think he's injured. Someone keep me posted on that.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8675997.stm

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), David De Gea (Atletico de Madrid), Diego Lopez (Villareal), Jose Manuel 'Pepe' Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona).

Defenders: Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabier Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Javier Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), David Silva (Valencia), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona).

Forwards: Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Daniel Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia).
May 15, 2010 @ 08:02 AM
DStyles

They are playing fine...they're the best team right now but like I said they lack that rhythm that they had. They're just boring to watch.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 15, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
V.Lopez

spain boring to watch?
May 16, 2010 @ 08:09 PM
go0seMUFC

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8675997.stm

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), David De Gea (Atletico de Madrid), Diego Lopez (Villareal), Jose Manuel 'Pepe' Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona).

Defenders: Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabier Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Javier Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Marcos Senna (Villarreal), David Silva (Valencia), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona).

Forwards: Santiago Cazorla (Villarreal), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Daniel Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), David Villa (Valencia).

Thank goodness. That squad right there looks like they'll be lifting the cup this summer.
May 17, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
nogi-drew

just think of the talent spain is going to leave home.
May 17, 2010 @ 12:42 AM
Sensesmilla

This World Cup is going to be incredible. Anyone with me on Ivory Coast advancing from the group of death? I hope USA can at least draw England, and for the sake of the home nation, I really hope South Africa can advance to the knockout rounds.
May 17, 2010 @ 12:48 AM
alberto1989

Nah south africa ain't gon do shit
May 17, 2010 @ 06:46 AM
Ledger

Ballack is out.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8684774.stm

Bad news for the Germans but good for us Aussies although I don't wish any player to be injured and miss something like the WC.
May 17, 2010 @ 07:07 AM
dunkingdeutsch

sad news for us germans. it would have been ballacks last world cup and i feel sorry for him!
now the others especially the youngsters have to pick it up big time!
May 17, 2010 @ 08:55 AM
V.Lopez

they r really gonna b relying on Ozil and Marin now for the creativity
May 17, 2010 @ 09:01 AM
blunt_trauma

Does this mean torstan frings in ?
May 17, 2010 @ 09:22 AM
Fran Cois

i hope he will bring sami khedira from vfb stuttgart, i think schweinsteiger will lead the team now
i don't think löw brings frings back

For Sale: http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/197080#3923051 ///// http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/203591

May 17, 2010 @ 10:25 AM
Silver Bullet

Yeah Khedira has impressed me this season.The Germans have CRAZY talent for the future Khedira,Ozil,Marin,Kroos,Muller,Boateng,Aogo,Neuer etc.I would have to make them very early favourites for 2022.A few of them might have to start playing abroad though,i'd love to see Ozil in the Premier League.
May 17, 2010 @ 10:49 AM
blunt_trauma

This World Cup is going to be incredible. Anyone with me on Ivory Coast advancing from the group of death? I hope USA can at least draw England, and for the sake of the home nation, I really hope South Africa can advance to the knockout rounds.

lol i almost feel bad for north korea.. scorelines will probably run a long the lines of 4-0,5-0,7-0... can't really root for a country ran by a psychopath like that of Kim Jong-il
May 17, 2010 @ 03:54 PM
Pinhead Larry

I think this will be Messi's year to just go off, he's got so much pressure to perform after what he has done at Barca in the last few years. Argentina will be dangerous.
May 17, 2010 @ 04:10 PM
sjem

Portugal would be my outside bet, they're not in the top 8 on any betting sites I've looked at and with Nani and Ronaldo both in great form I don't think you can really count them out.
May 17, 2010 @ 10:08 PM
bromorrow

Portugal would be my outside bet, they're not in the top 8 on any betting sites I've looked at and with Nani and Ronaldo both in great form I don't think you can really count them out.

completely agree.
May 18, 2010 @ 07:05 AM
Ledger

Alrite boys and girls, i've started a Hypebeast FIFA WC Fantasy league:

If you want to play sign up: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

If possible please create the same username you have here, if it's not available then put HB in front of it, eg. "HBLedger" and please when choosing your team name, don't put anything stupid or the site will suspend your account.

There's 2 leagues, you need to enter both

Classic leagues

In a classic league your overall score is ranked against all other players in the league.

Head-to-head leagues

In a head-to-head league you play a game each round against another team in the league. Your score versus your opponent's score. 3 points for a win and 1 points for a draw

Enter the following leagues:

Hypebeast - Classic : 100998-23914

Hypebeast - H2H : 100998-23982

You need to sign up before June 4th and from then, you've got up to June 11th to choose your team.

Closer to the start date i'll create a thread and hopefully more people than just us who post about football join.

Can everyone just post that they've joined and if someone has taken your username, lmk. Hopefully we can get this going and if we've got enough people, we can possibly organise prizes for the winners providing people are happy to pay a minor entry fee.
May 18, 2010 @ 08:40 AM
Silver Bullet

Ite i'm in.Got a team in my mind.

EDIT:Couldn't fit my name in so i'm HBSilverB.
May 18, 2010 @ 09:35 AM
swistak

spain are probably rock it until semi-finals at least, the quality of their play has been amazing recently.
argentina is a lost cause, maradona has completely no idea what he is doing, cambiasso and zanetti are left at home, so their defense is gonna have more holes than swiss cheese
portugal might surprise everyone, what c.ronaldo did in real madrid this season was quite unbelievable, but a lot depends on the team spirit in portugal, you can't say that they play one another too often
May 18, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
sjem

I signed up for that thing but how do I join the league, I can't see where I need to type those codes in.

Edit: Don't worry I think I've got it now.
May 18, 2010 @ 01:21 PM
blunt_trauma

just signed up, thanks for setting this joint up ledger
May 18, 2010 @ 07:30 PM
MRB614

can't wait for w.c. to start
May 18, 2010 @ 08:02 PM
vagabond

im so in!!

FC Catalonia
May 19, 2010 @ 02:09 AM
Ledger

just signed up, thanks for setting this joint up ledger

No worries mate, bout time we got a fantasy league happening. Will def set up another for the next EPL season.

Btw - who the is "arrive", team name "Reddish" ? LMK other wise i'll leave them out of the league.

So far we've got 7 people in, let's hope we can get double that.
May 19, 2010 @ 02:43 PM
Shaun

Argentina's 23-man World Cup squad.

Goalkeepers

Sergio Romero AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Mariano And
May 19, 2010 @ 02:48 PM
blunt_trauma

lol argintina has never had a good keeper...that guy with the long name, abendiziari?(spelling in a major way) was alright...
May 19, 2010 @ 03:10 PM
V.Lopez

abondonzzieri or Pato that was his nick name. Juan pablo carrizo was supposed to b the next big thing but he flopped at lazio. Mariano Andujar is quality i saw him training in person in La Plata. either him or romero will start at the WC
May 19, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
J THRILLLAH

Please login first to reply.