Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 16, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
loop

With their new additions of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, and Benzema, do you think Real Madrid will do it big this year or will it be another fluke. It is clear that they are hyped up to be the best team in the world and that tey will be unstoppable. They definitely have a great squad that can win everyting but it all depends on how well the players will mesh together. Hopefully it goes good for them. I think that will do okay but not as good as Barca's treble.

Your thoughts and opinions? discuss.
July 16, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
teov

I hope that they will win nothing , crack financially , fail and disappear from the world of football .... for

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

July 16, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
nogi-drew

Well either see the greatest attack in recent history or the greatest flop in football history.

Something tells me if things go sour pellegrini won't be able to handle it. Ronaldo will cry kaka will get hurt and benzema france place will suffer. Something tells me the special one will be at the bernabeu very soon.
July 17, 2009 @ 01:48 AM
doogle

they're under tremendous pressure to do well next yr, let's see if they can handle it.

with the 10 surplus players they're trying to get rid of, they may get stuck with 6-7 of them by the time transfer window closes.
July 17, 2009 @ 02:16 AM
Dorfmeister

anything but a treble will be considered success. btw, ibrahimovic to bar
July 17, 2009 @ 03:01 AM
go0seMUFC

Was it here that I heard that all teams will wait until the last week of the transfer window to poach off their surplus players? Because then they're fucked either way. To sell to a low price or get stuck with extra fat. Either way, they should take advantage of the depth they have instead of selling off. They will pay dearly in the end.

Also, I read that Pellegrini is already testing a squad in practive which included Benzema and Raul upfront with Ronaldo as a Right Winger. So we'll see how that goes. Because I've read comments stating that any team with Raul will faulter since he has options in Higuain and such. I don't know. I just hope to watch good football and Real getting knocked out of Champions League.
July 17, 2009 @ 03:40 AM
Dorfmeister

I hope juve knocks them out again like last season - lol.
July 17, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
sjem

I hope United knock 'em out.

If they don't do at least the double this year i can see a new manager on the way in. They'll try and get Wenger then Mourinho but will fail with both.
July 17, 2009 @ 04:09 PM
Shaun

From what I saw, Real's biggest problem last season was there lack of enthusiasm to defend as a team especially at home, & I wouldn't say from front to back because Raul/Higuain close down defenders well. Without changing what they do off the ball they'll win nothing.
Remember though, for all the plaudits Barcelona get & deserve, there successful periods are usually quite short.
July 18, 2009 @ 01:24 PM
london says

they have poor defense. regardless, I've liked real madrid historically, but during the galactico era, ronaldo zidane, beckham, etc. They'll truly need good chemistry to win against a passing machine/scoring machine like barcelona.
July 19, 2009 @ 02:36 AM
doogle

I hope United knock 'em out.

If they don't do at least the double this year i can see a new manager on the way in. They'll try and get Wenger then Mourinho but will fail with both.

i can see a new manager on the way in mid season..
July 19, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
mr.orange

This'll be their dream line up;

GK: Casillas
RB: Ramos
LB: Heinze/Marcelo
CB: Albiol
CB: Pepe
RM: Ronaldo
LM: Robben/Sneijder
CM: Alonso (if they can)/Diarra
CM: Kaka
FC: Raul/Higuian
ST: Benzema

If they gel, then all hell will break loose. The newly-promoted teams in Spain have notoriously poor defences, so there may just be 6/7 goal hauls.
July 19, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
sjem

i can see a new manager on the way in mid season..

Yeah maybe, but I haven't got a clue who.
July 21, 2009 @ 05:00 PM
Silver Bullet

I want to see them have a trophyless season again and finished behind Atl
July 21, 2009 @ 07:31 PM
nogi-drew

This'll be their dream line up;

GK: Casillas
RB: Ramos
LB: Heinze/Marcelo
CB: Albiol
CB: Pepe
RM: Ronaldo
LM: Robben/Sneijder
CM: Alonso (if they can)/Diarra
CM: Kaka
FC: Raul/Higuian
ST: Benzema

If they gel, then all hell will break loose. The newly-promoted teams in Spain have notoriously poor defences, so there may just be 6/7 goal hauls.

i dont see garay sittin behind albiol or pepe. hell start over them by seasons end.
July 22, 2009 @ 02:52 PM
Silver Bullet

i dont see garay sittin behind albiol or pepe. hell start over them by seasons end.

No he won't.
July 25, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
loop

Real Madrid plays tomorrow, lets see how they do. Benzema scored the first goal of the pre-season vs Shamrock Rovers.
August 4, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
go0seMUFC

I just saw a video of RM training under Pelegrini back in Spain after their Peace Cup exit, and must say that the side is coming together quite well through his training methods and such. It seems like Pelegrini is trying to mesh them deeper than football. To get them comfortable amongts one another without the whole Galactico feel.

theoriginalwinger.com/2009-08-04-real-madrid-continues-fitness-sessions-ahead-of-dc-united#respond
August 6, 2009 @ 04:41 PM
imtheman

I just wonder if Pellegrini can handle and maintain a squad full of stars, egos, and talent at the highest level!? When he won the title with River in like '03 i think, losing D'Alessandro and a couple others prompted him to quit the following season and Argentina's media and people are pretty critical.. can you imagine the pressure and all the eyes on him now in Spain?!!
Its like, when you become the manager of Madrid, the time clock of your reign begins and eventually ends, so hopefully he can handle all the pressure, players, and issues that comes with that post.
I'm no Madrid supporter, but I just like watching entertaining football, so if this squad molds well.. holy crap Europe - be warned!

I think the Madrid board has played FIFA or Football Manager too much!
August 7, 2009 @ 12:49 AM
nogi-drew

I just wonder if Pellegrini can handle and maintain a squad full of stars, egos, and talent at the highest level!? When he won the title with River in like '03 i think, losing D'Alessandro and a couple others prompted him to quit the following season and Argentina's media and people are pretty critical.. can you imagine the pressure and all the eyes on him now in Spain?!!
Its like, when you become the manager of Madrid, the time clock of your reign begins and eventually ends, so hopefully he can handle all the pressure, players, and issues that comes with that post.
I'm no Madrid supporter, but I just like watching entertaining football, so if this squad molds well.. holy crap Europe - be warned!

I think the Madrid board has played FIFA or Football Manager too much!

the answer is no!

raul should hang it up and manage real he will command respect and noone knows the club better than him. hes been through all of reals bullshit and is still class and he actually loves the club not the money they offer!
August 7, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
imtheman

^^^^^
Yeah thats a good suggestion, just like Pep @Barcelona.
August 10, 2009 @ 08:13 AM
srconan

I'm so excited for La Liga to start, don't get me wrong the Premier League is where it's at, but it's definitely gonna be exciting. Kaka is just too good, along with Cristiano(He's actually good) and I'm a Liverpool fan i can say that, and Benzema is just brilliant, aghhhh this season UEFA is gonna be crazy. socccer FTW!

Fuck Off

August 10, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
WAJ2

i could talk for hours on this subject but ill just make it brief... first of all its ridiculous to spend that much money for these players, i just hope they havent messed up the transfer market for good cause now great players think theyre worth that much money. secondly madrid are composed of individuals, they have never played as a team and thats been their biggest problem, so what do they do? they buy some more individuals... when the going gets tough for them (which it will) theyll have no team unity and strength to overcome it. you cant expect to buy these players and mold a team. i feel sorry for pellegrini because no one can control the egos on that team and when things go wrong it will snowball from there
August 11, 2009 @ 05:18 AM
go0seMUFC

^^^^^
Yeah thats a good suggestion, just like Pep @Barcelona.

Guardiola at Barca is totally different than the Madrid situation, Apples & Oranges my friend. While Raul may know the inside on Madrid, Madrid has no philosophy, just money to launder around from their dear friends in the government. As opposed to Guardiola at Barcelona where a philosophy and system is enthralled upon every member that joins La Cantera. It was all given to Guardiola actually as Cruyff instilled Total Football in the minds of footballers alike. If you pay close attention, Pep started coaching the Barcelona B squad, much like Solskjaer is doing with the reserves at Manchester United. So he got an idea of coaching and managing a squad molded to his own ideology in football. I mean, you see his interpretation and a reincarnation of 'Total Football' through his 4-3-3. As much as I hated to admit it before the UCL finals, he had the best Starting XI in Europe. He had less depth than the likes of United and Chelsea, but it mattered less as his squad played less games. The only team at the time that could take on his Barcelona was Manchester United at their full disposal and Chelsea as we saw in the semi-finals by parking the bus. Possibly Liverpool with their domestic form. Still, Raul has nothing on Pep's career as a manager.

Please login first to reply.