Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 4, 2009 @ 02:24 AM
JU$TIN

Heres some proof. I know Kobe fans really gonna hate me now:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDu-tlXE8f8

who won that game?

Iverson doesn't do anything better than Kobe, and never has.
July 20, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
Juki

Anyways, back to Jordan. Part 2 baby!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6BEk3ktAQ

After watching this Id say the 5 things Jordan definitely did better than anyone to ever to play the game:

Dunk (of course)
Reverse Layup
Fadaway Jumpshot
And-1/trickshots
buzzer beaters

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 20, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
mixtape_03

^ i think all 5 of those could be argued easily
July 20, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
cbk

personally saying that jordan is the best dunker is foolish, cuz the size of the players in his day a lot different than it is now. Kobe pretty much throws down in-game dunks just like Jordan. But top dunker of all time has to b VC, he does dunk contest dunks in-game
July 20, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
Juki

^I hear you, I was thinking VC too but Jordan did it with a style that most people still mimic to this day although no one really can do it like him. Jordans got a couple of slam dunk titles to prove it just like Carter.

Aye Mixtape, did you even watch the video? You should watch it. Ill give you Dunker, but who can be argued as a better Closer? Plus Jordan practically invented the Reverse Lay-up, and Post up Fade away, (which Kobe copies very wellsmile). Noone has made the amount of trick shots as MJ period.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 20, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
mixtape_03

^I hear you, I was thinking VC too but Jordan did it with a style that most people still mimic to this day although no one really can do it like him. Jordans got a couple of slam dunk titles to prove it just like Carter.

Aye Mixtape, did you even watch the video? You should watch it. Ill give you Dunker, but who can be argued as a better Closer? Plus Jordan practically invented the Reverse Lay-up, and Post up Fade away, (which Kobe copies very wellsmile). Noone has made the amount of trick shots as MJ period.

yeah i watched like 5-6 mins of it. all your posts for some reason just try to slight kobe in some way. from the lal thread, nba disc thread, kobe who thread? i dnt know where you're coming from bashing kobe in this way. but to say mj INVENTED the reverse lay-up that's just not true. how many ppl before michael attempted a reverse lay-up in the NBA and made it? he was the first act of high-flyer i'll give you that. which kobe copies very well? just like lbj copies kobe? just like stephon curry copies copy? and vince copying kobe trying to show range? just like lbj copies copy attempting to be in the dunk contest this coming season? like wade/lbj copy kobe and his defensive intensity when kobe taught them some things during the olympics when kobe drove them for gold? and what do you mean by trick shots? and one count the basket 3 pt play shots? so everyone after jordan, has copied jordan right? since everything was invented by mj and there is nothing else new to create within the human capacity in basketball? kobe has countless buzzer beaters, 4th qrter game-tying/game-winning shots. even when he was real young.
July 20, 2009 @ 10:07 PM
Juki

I might be a little hard on Kobe but thats only because hes THAT GOOD. Most players cant even COPY Jordan. Dont get me wrong Kobes the best in the NBA. I just hate Jordan comparisons. Jordan didnt invent these shots but he did it better than anyone else and more often. Im partial to Jordan mainly cause growing up everyone around me idolized Jordan, Penny and Iverson and good shooters like Ray Allen and tried to play like them. They were the most influential from late 90's to early 2000's. Now Kobes the only one left in my opinion and new guys like Lebron, Wade, Chris Paul etc that have really impacted the game.

The best parts of the video are 6:30 to the end by the way. Alot of fadeaway shots, and trick shots (off balance, back towards the rim, not looking at the basket, luck type shots).

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 20, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
mixtape_03

all right, fair enough man. real good post. yeah jordan is the GOAT, even kobe said it himself. appreciate you speaking the truth, and i'll check out the vid for those spots you mentioned
July 20, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
Juki

Thanks dude, likewise. Im not trying to make anyone angry, but just have good discussion. Make sure you watch it in HDcool

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 21, 2009 @ 03:53 PM
Failure Pt.4

Of course Kobe copies MJ. Everyone knows how much Kobe wants to be MJ....dude probably jacks off the same videos of MJ posted in this thread.

If anything, all u can say is Kobe has done a DAMN GOOD job at copying MJ....he's the closest thing we have ever seen and might ever see to MJ. MJ will always be the GOAT, but Kobe could very well end up Top 3 ever....maybe even the 2nd ever or GOAT II.
July 22, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
HeroesHustlers

People should try to be like mike more often.
July 25, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

www.NickyDsss.com

July 25, 2009 @ 01:55 PM
mixtape_03

just watched that whole vid ^

beautiful, just beautiful. kobe's so fundamentally sound it's insane. so ambidextrous. i could watch that clip for days, love the HD + the music
July 25, 2009 @ 01:58 PM
sneakerhead24

damm MJ was insnae
July 25, 2009 @ 03:40 PM
sargasm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FpzQiERt8I&feature=player_embedded

This is a great clip of Kobe; shows off his vast variety of offense along with some defensive skills. Like mixtape said, his fundamentals are just so sound and defined it's incredible. Kobe may not be the absolute best at everything, but he doesn't have any pieces missing in his game. Combine a perfect midrange J, great post moves, solid defense, ability to get the and-1, first-rate passing, and awesome court vision, combine it with IQ, experience, athleticism, and leadership; you have the best player in the league.
July 25, 2009 @ 11:36 PM
JU$TIN

peeped that vid on NT, best mix i've seen in awhile.

also, MJ and Wade just said recently that Kobe is still the best player in the game. MJ talks real shit about Lebron as well.
July 27, 2009 @ 12:13 AM
Erikuff

Why does duncan get no love? sad
July 28, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
cbk

cuz he isnt as dominant like kobe and mj, hes a great C/PF but hes not even the low-post player like shaq or howard. Plus he has parker and ginobli on his team both those guys give d more trouble than he does, and he has a tendency to either just play at the same level throughout the game he doesnt dominate the 4th quarter like the greats
July 28, 2009 @ 05:16 PM
JU$TIN

^lol, that's all false.

duncan get's no love cos he's been so consistently great his whole career, people seem to overlook that.
July 29, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
Juki

Plus Duncans kinda boring, he has no style to his game but he does have a pretty good bank shot.

That Kobe videos good also. Kobe really looks like Mj on those fadaway jumpshots. I cant deny no one in NBA now matches Kobes intensity during a game

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 15, 2010 @ 11:54 PM
Juki

bump for all you Kobe stans in the MJ vs Kobe thread

Doubleclutchhoops.com

Please login first to reply.