Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 14, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
Juki

So im predicting Lakers will win the title this year, if not tonight then later this week. Afterwards, the Jordan comparisons will begin again. Post in here if you think Kobe is or will be better than Jordan, but FIRST watch the video below and then go ahead, if you dare. cool

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvxijHNWB4&feature=related

PART 2 COMMING SOON!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM1LmJpbOHA

Kobe a better offensive player than Jordan? psssssssshhhhhh

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 14, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
&bullshit

lol
dude, you do know Jordan had way bigger hands than kobe right? He can palm the ball, making these sort of plays a bit easier.

I know MJ is better but you can't really base the comparisons on these vids.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

June 14, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
Failure Pt.4

all i gotta say is....before we here all the "Naw man, Kobe didnt do shit...Fisher and Ariza won the ship for the Lakers"

No one took away the credit from MJ to John Paxson in the 93 Finals

No one took away the credit from MJ to Steve Kerr in the 97 Finals

Kobe was still the leader the whole way and the tablesetter for the big shots by Fisher and Ariza...Kobe's avg'd 30+ and 8 assists this finals....he's done his thing as the leader. game 1 performance was amazing
June 14, 2009 @ 09:14 PM
Juki

Lol I cant deny MJ had a good supporting cast. I heard someone say the other day, they wish Kobe had a player like Pippen on his team and I was thinking if Gasol is as good as Pippen. But Lakers got a good team almost similar to Jordans first 3 titles, same coach and same offense. But Kobes titles with Shaq definitely had a better team than Jordan had.

But these Videos are pretty Crazy. I just wanna see if anyones crazy enough to say Kobes better now (that theyre about to take it in about 8 minutes). Just reminds you how good Jordan was though.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 14, 2009 @ 09:16 PM
Eaton

kobe may be better or he may not be, but he will never be the icon that mike was and still is today.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

June 14, 2009 @ 09:35 PM
Failure Pt.4

if u wanna talk about supporting casts

Magic had 2 HOF's
Larry had 2 HOF's
MJ had 1 HOF (2 if u think Rodman is a HOF)
Kobe had 1 HOF for 3 titles, and 0 for 1

none of those other guys did it without a HOF....i mean, I don't think Gasol is a HOF, and if Bynum develops into one, he wasnt playing at a HOF level when Kobe got the ring so yeah

but Kobe is a pretty be icon....in China he's fucking HUGE, and he's huge here, look at the puppet commercials and shit. He took a hit with the rape trial or whatever....he'll never be MJ status cuz dude revolutionized so many parts of the marketing and endorsement and gear.....but Kobe is still that dude
June 14, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
Failure Pt.4

Lets go!!!!!!!
June 15, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
JU$TIN

And I better not see any posts in here LOL.

why would you make this thread then?

of course MJ is better than Kobe, nice useless thread.
June 15, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
Kris Breezy

Mvp
June 17, 2009 @ 09:22 PM
brasil

mvp

enough said.
June 19, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
viktormonkey

KOBE > jordan. stupid asses.
June 19, 2009 @ 01:39 PM

Inactive

KOBE > jordan. stupid asses.

Oh the irony...
June 25, 2009 @ 12:16 PM

Inactive

KObe is by far my favorite athlete that has walked the earth. Buuuut. I have MJ #1 and Magic and Kobe 1a and 1b. The thing that set Jordan ahead imo is that he was 6 for 6 in Championships. I do think Mike played in a weaker era though.
June 25, 2009 @ 12:52 PM
mixtape_03

KObe is by far my favorite athlete that has walked the earth. Buuuut. I have MJ #1 and Magic and Kobe 1a and 1b. The thing that set Jordan ahead imo is that he was 6 for 6 in Championships. I do think Mike played in a weaker era though.

finally, thank you. someone who speaks the truth. giving credit where credit is due and stating it like it is. yeah kobe's playing in a much stronger era where you have an abundant amt of superstars, who are all strong too. mj was the best in his generation and kobe is the best in his, even pippen said that in a recent interview as well.
June 30, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
Little2josh

michael who?
June 30, 2009 @ 04:08 PM
Failure Pt.4

Kobe will end up at the 3rd best ever after Mike and Magic
June 30, 2009 @ 05:28 PM

Inactive

If Kobe gets 5, (assuming he wins the next one he's in) he'll have 5 ring in 7 finals. Magic had 5 in 9. I'd put Kobe firmly ahead of Magic then.
July 1, 2009 @ 08:58 AM
cbk

Only person kobe goes behind in my book is Jordan, cuz those 2 as of right now r the best all-around players in league history. Magic had a huge height advantage being a 6'9" pg, not to take away from his acomplishments because he is obviously a great player but when you go in with tht much of a size advantage its not hard to see why he was so dominant
July 2, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
Juki

Kobe will end up at the 3rd best ever after Mike and Magic

I can agree with this, maybe add Lebron over Magic and Kobe in acouple of years.

If Kobe gets 5, (assuming he wins the next one he's in) he'll have 5 ring in 7 finals. Magic had 5 in 9. I'd put Kobe firmly ahead of Magic then.

Thats a big "if" cause too many teams are stacked now. Kobe didnt really seem to get challenged this year. So next year will prove if hes in the same class as Magic.

^ And if your taking into account height disadvantages or advantages, I'd still put Iverson over Kobe just based on stats cause he does way more considering his size but hes got to win a championship first which probably wont happen.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 2, 2009 @ 03:21 AM
JU$TIN

I can agree with this, maybe add Lebron over Magic and Kobe in acouple of years.

Thats a big "if" cause too many teams are stacked now. Kobe didnt really seem to get challenged this year. So next year will prove if hes in the same class as Magic.

^ And if your taking into account height disadvantages or advantages, I'd still put Iverson over Kobe just based on stats cause he does way more considering his size but hes got to win a championship first which probably wont happen.

Iverson is no where near Kobe, hell he's not deserving of being considered in the upper level calibur players anymore. He's trash.
July 2, 2009 @ 03:32 AM
Juki

Iverson in his prime > Kobe in his prime. Until kobe won this Championship by himself I have Iverson over Kobe. Iverson could have won one with Shaq instead of Mutombo easily.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 2, 2009 @ 03:37 AM
Juki

Heres some proof. I know Kobe fans really gonna hate me now:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDu-tlXE8f8

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 2, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
mixtape_03

"I can agree with this, maybe add Lebron over Magic and Kobe in acouple of years."

Iverson in his prime > Kobe in his prime. Until kobe won this Championship by himself I have Iverson over Kobe. Iverson could have won one with Shaq instead of Mutombo easily.

who out of kobe's generation has gotten better + better up to this point? only kobe. you had the vince carter, tracy, allen, duncan, nash, pierce. you know kobe is the shit when it's always kobe vs _____. but it's the "could have" that did not happen and we'll nvr know. sure there was a chance, but def. not guaranteed to 3 peat. kobe is on a lvl vastly superior to lbj it's not even funny. maybe down the line you can argue a lbj vs kobe but until lbj wins some rings, there should be no debate. same with iverson.
July 2, 2009 @ 07:16 PM

Inactive

First of all Lakers just landed Artest.

Second of all...no offense but in terms of NBA knowledge, you're dumb as fuck. You cannot compare Iverson who has 0 rings and no one even wants him on their team anymore to Kobe, who has 4 rings and 6 finals appearances. No
July 2, 2009 @ 08:29 PM
Failure Pt.4

LOL is this dude serious? Lebron over Magic and Kobe in a couple of years? So winning 1 or two titles puts him over Magic and Kobe? And Iverson over Kobe? Dude....stop hating
July 3, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
Juki

I hate how Iverson has one bad year and everyone wants to forget how good he was only a year or two ago. Kobes titles with shaq didnt validate him and everyone knows this. Thats why everyone made a big deal with him winning this year. Now that Kobe has 1 alone hes over Iverson in my opinion. I wouldnt have said this 2 years ago and neither would most NON-LAKER fans lol.

Give Lebron 5years (I know I said a couple) but I really meant enough time until hes where Kobe is at now. You know many argue Lebrons better than Kobe right now. And if Kobes right under Magic then Lebrons right-right under Magic....right?

So let me reiterate. Kobe has 1 championship as the Leader of the Lakers. Hes the best in the NBA if you take in to account all the championships along with all the other stuff hes done. To me Lebron is more dominant. More like a young MJ. If Lebron wins the championship the next 2 years no doubt everyone will put him over Kobe (but since he has Shaq now maybe not) like they would have done if he had won it this year.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 3, 2009 @ 12:12 AM
brights

kobe can't touch jordan, and I'm a laker fan.
July 3, 2009 @ 07:34 AM

Inactive

I hate how Iverson has one bad year and everyone wants to forget how good he was only a year or two ago. Kobes titles with shaq didnt validate him and everyone knows this. Thats why everyone made a big deal with him winning this year. Now that Kobe has 1 alone hes over Iverson in my opinion. I wouldnt have said this 2 years ago and neither would most NON-LAKER fans lol.

Give Lebron 5years (I know I said a couple) but I really meant enough time until hes where Kobe is at now. You know many argue Lebrons better than Kobe right now. And if Kobes right under Magic then Lebrons right-right under Magic....right?

So let me reiterate. Kobe has 1 championship as the Leader of the Lakers. Hes the best in the NBA if you take in to account all the championships along with all the other stuff hes done. To me Lebron is more dominant. More like a young MJ. If Lebron wins the championship the next 2 years no doubt everyone will put him over Kobe (but since he has Shaq now maybe not) like they would have done if he had won it this year.

Okay.
July 3, 2009 @ 12:35 PM
Juki

Okay.

Thanks. Am i still "dumb as fuck"?

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 3, 2009 @ 12:59 PM
Turnswagon

MJ is still the best...KOBe is right up there, now with Artest in the mix its huge

Please login first to reply.