FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
May 24, 2009 @ 08:51 PM
urbanleg3nd

kid is a beast, anyone watch the fight?
May 25, 2009 @ 10:51 PM
ieatkr4yonz

fucking wrecked rashad. i didn't like rashad anyways, just fought the people he beat at the right time. i mean look at lidell and forrest. lidell is going downhill and forrest got the title by luck
May 26, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
datxiecray

fucking wrecked rashad. i didn't like rashad anyways, just fought the people he beat at the right time. i mean look at lidell and forrest. lidell is going downhill and forrest got the title by luck

lol first of all, thers no such thing as got the title by luck, forrest is a tough kid, he understands the value of winning, he's been working on his game well. and realy...lyoto is an extremely boring fighter, we all knew that he was gonna win, his style is just run around and counter.
May 27, 2009 @ 12:16 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

lol first of all, thers no such thing as got the title by luck, forrest is a tough kid, he understands the value of winning, he's been working on his game well. and realy...lyoto is an extremely boring fighter, we all knew that he was gonna win, his style is just run around and counter.

It's all a matter of perspective and opinion. I've like Machida since 2 fights after he KO'd Rich Franklin. I like his style. It's entertaining to me. It takes skill to not get hit. And F whatchu heard son, cuz KO's are entertaining, and he's finished 3 of his last 4...2 by KO, one by sub. Honestly, his counter style is more fun for me to watch than wrestlers who lay on top and rabbit punch their way to a decision.
June 3, 2009 @ 07:16 PM
urbanleg3nd

yessirr
June 4, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
Innate

Future #1 p4p. He's a beast and will dominate any division he enters.
June 4, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

that's been my dude for a while....and I'm dead serious when I say, I called exactly how he was gonna win when I was at the bar with my dudes...and I'm dead serious when I say, I jumped out of my seat when he got the KO....He can be beat....but I can't see it happening until someone figures out how to get into his range and touch him without eating a counter punch right on the button. Like I've said before, you can have a chin, but EVERYONE has a button...all it takes is that one stiff shot to the button and you're down...and machida is starting to show that he knows how to touch that button.
June 4, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
BobtheFoB

truth.
no such thing as luck.
forrest is a best as well.
lyoto is a boring ass fighter, but skillful nonetheless

investment banking pays the bills

June 5, 2009 @ 02:04 PM
Innate

truth.
no such thing as luck.
forrest is a best as well.
lyoto is a boring ass fighter, but skillful nonetheless

I disagree. There is luck and some people do win by luck. So you're telling me that a guys that is getting his ass kicked for 4 rounds throws a wild haymaker, KOs the other guy and that's not luck?

Forrest didnt win by luck though. He barely won a decision against Rampage but he still won. The guys is tough as nail. Technically he isnt that good but he's got one of the biggest hearts in MMA and never quits.
June 10, 2009 @ 08:49 AM
s1llyph1lly

hopefully he keeps the belt for a very long time!!!!!
June 10, 2009 @ 09:17 AM
Glaq

I disagree. There is luck and some people do win by luck. So you're telling me that a guys that is getting his ass kicked for 4 rounds throws a wild haymaker, KOs the other guy and that's not luck?

Forrest didnt win by luck though. He barely won a decision against Rampage but he still won. The guys is tough as nail. Technically he isnt that good but he's got one of the biggest hearts in MMA and never quits.

yeah i agree with this guy, there is luck in fighting one example is when rampage KOd chuck he was just throwing punches not knowing where its going to land, second example is when anderson silva got caught in a flying scissor heel hook by ryo chonan, anderson was dominating the whole fight but ryo got lucky...anyway im rooting for Forrest but surely Anderson will win
June 11, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
jaygt911

Lyoto Machida's reign will resemble Anderson Silva's reign, he is as dominant as Silva & is my favorite fighter.
June 13, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
datxiecray

machida is a skilled fighter regardless his style. what im trying to say is that he will never be as big as liddell, gsp, silva, tito and randy. he will never become an icon of ufc simply because he's NOT that exciting to watch. ufc is not gonna promote him as much because they know fights of him don't draw as much ratings. i admit, im not a pure mma fan. i buy ufc to watch someone get blitzd. if i want to see someone run around the octagon for majority of the fight, i might as well watch boxing. there are so many reasons why ufc is popular. but machida isnt one.

-

luck does happen. but when your talking about two guys getting down to a fight from months of training it's not luck. it's simply experience, attitude and intelligence. when brock lost to mir it wasnt luck, it was because lesnar lacked experience in mma situations. when gsp got knocked by serra it wasnt luck either. he just underestimated the serra and broke him the next fight. if you know anything about sports then you should know that luck is never a good enough of an excuse.
June 14, 2009 @ 08:05 AM
Innate

"luck does happen. but when your talking about two guys getting down to a fight from months of training it's not luck. it's simply experience, attitude and intelligence. when brock lost to mir it wasnt luck, it was because lesnar lacked experience in mma situations. when gsp got knocked by serra it wasnt luck either. he just underestimated the serra and broke him the next fight. if you know anything about sports then you should know that luck is never a good enough of an excuse."

Agree to disagree. I've had this discussion before and I still think that if a guy loses 99/100 fights and that 1 win is because of a fluke punch then its luck not skill that won that fight.

A good example is Benji Radach Vs. Danny LaFevre. Danny LaFevre had little to no MMA training and took the fight because him and Benji were basically fighting over a girl. Benji had already fought 15 mma bouts with opponents including Nick Serra, Sean Sherk and Steve Berger.

Benji and Danny square off and, boom, Danny kos Benji. Benji was already a UFC vet and would beat Danny 99/100 times but Danny just landed a lucky punch.

I Danny a better fighter? No. He just got lucky.

Please login first to reply.