FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
April 23, 2009 @ 08:49 PM
Juki

So hes officially in the 2009 Draft. I think its a good decision but I honestly thought he'd stay and maybe get Davidson back in the NCAA tournament. This years Drafts turing out to be real interesting. There's three players who could all go number one depending on who has the first pick, Curry being one of them in my opinion. How high do you think he will go?

1.Blake Griffin
2.THabeet
3.Curry

Doubleclutchhoops.com

April 23, 2009 @ 09:20 PM
Nover

I think he'll go in the first round but i guess it just depends on the draft order and if there are any trades. I think he could be a pretty good point guard if he worked on his ball handling, he already has a nice jumper.
April 23, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
AntonyT

i agree curry will go early in the 1st. anybody hear anything about tyler hans? i heard ellington and lawson were entering the draft, but nothing on tyler
April 23, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
Nover

im pretty sure Tyler Hansbrough is a senior so he was already leaving.
April 23, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
Juki

Haven't heard anything about Tyler. He could end up like a Shane Battier type player to me. Hes not too exciting but real fundamental and consistent. But Curry can be real good if he gets on the right team. I mean like another Reggie Miller, Rip, or Ray Allen type and if he can develop into a decent point guard, watch out. Anyone would be stupid to pass up on him if they already have a big man.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

April 23, 2009 @ 10:07 PM
DRIFT

If the Suns get the chance they better get him >sad
April 24, 2009 @ 06:57 AM
cbk

^i dont think the suns need any more offense, we alrdy know they can put up 140+ points in regulation how about some defense so they can win a game
April 24, 2009 @ 08:43 AM
Tiger Woo

So hes officially in the 2009 Draft. I think its a good decision but I honestly thought he'd stay and maybe get Davidson back in the NCAA tournament. This years Drafts turing out to be real interesting. There's three players who could all go number one depending on who has the first pick, Curry being one of them in my opinion. How high do you think he will go?

1.Blake Griffin
2.THabeet
3.Curry

There is absolutely no way the Curry goes that high. He's undersized, didn't play in a major conference, will have a hard time matching up with NBA-sized guards because of his lack of strength and he is a liability on defense. He'll get picked in the 2nd half of the first round and could slip to the second round if he has a poor showing at the draft camps. Yea he can shoot the lights out, but he's not going to be able to get his shot off in the NBA like he did at Davidson.

The top 10 will look something like this:

1- Blake Griffin
2- Ricky Rubio
3- Hasheem Thabeet
4- Demar DeRozen
5-James Harden
6- Brandon Jennings
7- Jordan Hill
8- Wayne Ellington
9-Chase Budinger
10- Eric Maynor or Gerald Henderson

And if Tyler Hansborough goes any earlier than 20th that GM should be fired. He is nothing more than a more agile Mark Madsen.

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

April 24, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
Tiger Woo

Haven't heard anything about Tyler. He could end up like a Shane Battier type player to me. Hes not too exciting but real fundamental and consistent. But Curry can be real good if he gets on the right team. I mean like another Reggie Miller, Rip, or Ray Allen type and if he can develop into a decent point guard, watch out. Anyone would be stupid to pass up on him if they already have a big man.

You compared Curry to two of the greatest shooters in the history of the game (Miller and Allen). I doubt his career ends up resembling theirs. Shane Battier is one of the better defenders in the league (he almost always locks up Kobe) so to say that Hansborough will end up like him because they both have good "fundamentals" is absurd.

For Sale:Supreme SNY New Era (http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/172934/? topic_page=1#post-3530817)

April 24, 2009 @ 02:25 PM
easy-e

Because of his absence from the NCAA tourney, I think his draft stock has dropped from last year. I'm guessing a mid to late first round pick. I can't believe names like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen have been thrown around. SMH.
April 24, 2009 @ 02:27 PM
Juki

You compared Curry to two of the greatest shooters in the history of the game (Miller and Allen). I doubt his career ends up resembling theirs. Shane Battier is one of the better defenders in the league (he almost always locks up Kobe) so to say that Hansborough will end up like him because they both have good "fundamentals" is absurd.

Whoa, easy there Tiger hahaha. Ive heard all the critiques of Curry. Theres even a thread somewhere about it. Yea hes too small and whatnot but can also play point and he has better quickness and hadles than the average shooting guard. So he can cause trouble matching up at the two and eventhough his smaller he can get his shot off because bigger slower players will have to back up off him right?. Barley 6'0 Iverson never had a problem getting his shot off at the 1 or 2. At the point Currys about average height at 6'2-'3 and will get his shot of easily maybe easier cause in college he was getting doubled all the time. In my opinion based on what ive seen from Curry and my own knowledge of Basketball (Im a similar type of player so I can relate cool ) I think its best to compare Curry to Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Rip, Allen Houstion etc type shooters. These are some of my favorite players so I can only hope he ends up like them but he definitely has the potential to be that good and thats a risk I think any NBA team will take. Call it wishful thinking on my part but we will see.

As far as Hansborough, I just compared him to Battier because they remind me of each-other off the top of my head. They both do have good defense but I dont think Hansborough is as athletic or nearly as good so your right on that one but Curry will go top 10 at least.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

April 30, 2009 @ 01:38 PM
TheRKO

I think he's overrated. He's more of a Trajan Langdon/JJ Reddick type than a Reggie Miller
April 30, 2009 @ 01:52 PM
TheCityOfChi

Whoa, easy there Tiger hahaha. Ive heard all the critiques of Curry. Theres even a thread somewhere about it. Yea hes too small and whatnot but can also play point and he has better quickness and hadles than the average shooting guard. So he can cause trouble matching up at the two and eventhough his smaller he can get his shot off because bigger slower players will have to back up off him right?. Barley 6'0 Iverson never had a problem getting his shot off at the 1 or 2. At the point Currys about average height at 6'2-'3 and will get his shot of easily maybe easier cause in college he was getting doubled all the time. In my opinion based on what ive seen from Curry and my own knowledge of Basketball (Im a similar type of player so I can relate cool ) I think its best to compare Curry to Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Rip, Allen Houstion etc type shooters. These are some of my favorite players so I can only hope he ends up like them but he definitely has the potential to be that good and thats a risk I think any NBA team will take. Call it wishful thinking on my part but we will see.

As far as Hansborough, I just compared him to Battier because they remind me of each-other off the top of my head. They both do have good defense but I dont think Hansborough is as athletic or nearly as good so your right on that one but Curry will go top 10 at least.

your basketball knowledge lacks
May 2, 2009 @ 01:30 AM
Bill B.

Stephen Curry is overreated.
He is frail and in a bad division playing bad teams.
He can and will get eaten up by NBA players.

And Hans is one of the best NCAA players ever but that never correlates to the pros. Ever. Look at JJ.
May 2, 2009 @ 01:40 PM
craigRNCKSF

agreed i can see stephen curry doing alright on certain teams he does have a shot but definately shouldnt be a top pick and tyler hansborough wow im not even gonna say anything about that lol
May 2, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
Failure Pt.4

only thing Hansborough reminds me of is Mark Madsen. Don't compare him to Battier plz
May 2, 2009 @ 10:55 PM
Juki

Dang, whats up with all the Curry hatred....

I think he's overrated. He's more of a Trajan Langdon/JJ Reddick type than a Reggie Miller

Umm Both these guys aren't as talented as Curry in my opinion although good comparisons. On paper they were just as good or even better as college players but Currys got more dimensions to his game and more potential. By the way, Reddick had a pretty good game acouple days ago I think, so he hasnt been a complete failure. and he did go pretty high in the Draft so expect Curry to go just as high or better. I used to like Langdon in Duke, what ever happend to him in the NBA? Anyway, he was strictly a shooter and like said Curry has more to his game.

Stephen Curry is overreated.
He is frail and in a bad division playing bad teams.
He can and will get eaten up by NBA players.

And Hans is one of the best NCAA players ever but that never correlates to the pros. Ever. Look at JJ.

Overated again? Nope. Frail? Yea, but I'd take skill over size any day. Size doesn't matter when your good (unless your really short). He will have difficulty on defense though. Speaking of defense, in college Curry got doubled consistently by "bad teams" and still put up near 30 consistently while playing on a "bad team" with players who couldn't play on his level. Imagine if he played for a better coach/program. Then in the tournament he put up 30+ on single defense by "good teams" and took Davidson to the elite8 singlehandedly.

Hes proven him self in college. In the NBA it may be a different case but I doubt it. However high he gets drafted will depend on how well he does in the NBA camps/workouts but right now hes one of the top 5 players coming out college no doubt. I'll leave Hans out of this now. Its pretty clear now he has no NBA future lol.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

May 4, 2009 @ 09:17 PM
Bill B.

Elite 8 last year wasn't just Stephen Curry. I felt the other guard Jason Richards did incredible paired with Curry plus teams didn't properly scout him. Although skill is there I would choose Tywon Lawson over Stephen. I'm not completely dissing Stephen though, if he commits to the weight room I could see him being like Monta Ellis.
May 9, 2009 @ 06:17 PM
VADO-U.N.

whoever thinks tyler handjob is gonna be a star in the nba is really retarded..the guys probably wont even start in the nba
May 10, 2009 @ 06:03 PM
wilsonj3

i think he will be great in the NBA after a few years of learning.
May 19, 2009 @ 10:45 PM
Juki

It looks like he'll be going to NY at the 8th pick possibly.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

May 25, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
datxiecray

hes most likely going to land to knicks if nobody else before takes him. not gonna lie, after seeing jj redick's career turn, being an elite, no, LEGENDARY shooter in the ncaa don't mean shit in the nba unless he can create his own shot or increase his versatility. hes easily the best shooter in the draft. hes gonna need somebody to work with him, and not just jack up shots but be a valuable combo guard
June 2, 2009 @ 08:00 AM
shaq32

Curry at best is going to be like jannero pargo. If this was last years or next years draft he would be in the late lottery-late first round. On the other hand the knicks drafting him makes sence because his style fits them...but drafting a career bench player #8? They might as well keep nate who has shown he can be the offense off the bench for the team
June 2, 2009 @ 10:03 PM
Juki

Yall know Currys also friends with Lebron. So him going to NY could be interesting especially if they have a good year. I think hell fit well with Dantoni also. Whether off the bench or not its still NYC and hell get some hype.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 5, 2009 @ 04:44 PM
OnDog

i dont think ny needs another shooter
June 6, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
huesaturated

word
June 17, 2009 @ 12:09 AM
datxiecray

true but ny promised to draft him if he's available for that 8th seed. i think it's to lure lbj since curry and him are good friends...
June 17, 2009 @ 01:30 AM
Juki

He could also end up at Charlotte if not NY cause Im sure h'ed also want to go there to be close to home. Still I think if the NBA has its way he'll end up in NewYork. But now they say Shaqs coming to Cleveland so who knows about the Lebron thing.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

June 21, 2009 @ 03:06 AM
BttrDys

the knicks will pick him, he will be a bust, the knicks will remain the knicks....
June 22, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
dizzzzle

could not agree more....with bttrdys

Please login first to reply.