September 9, 2009 @ 05:58 PM
nogi-drew

England are through to South Africa! Just beaten Croatia with IMO their best performance under Capello. We looked solid all over the pitch except for Glen Johnson. He's good attacking but will easily get caught out against a team like Brazil or Spain, but admittedly he is the best we have.

i have a feeling wes brown will be playing against those teams come next summer.

glen johnson is going to turn into englans sergio ramos soon if capello dosent pull the reins in!
September 9, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
alex.

Slovakia for the motherfuckin win!!!!!! &)&)&)coolcoolcoolcoolcool

vladimir weiss is gonna be a superstar &)&)

he's like messi, no bullshit..
September 9, 2009 @ 07:08 PM
brasil

brasil will win.
September 9, 2009 @ 09:16 PM
The Legacy

hoping spain takes the momentum from the euro cup and wins the world!
September 9, 2009 @ 10:29 PM
iownyourface

sorry budday but the soca warriors arnt goin newhere ..we lost to honduras and usa tonight 1-0 ..i think its over...
September 10, 2009 @ 02:26 AM
imtheman

I CANNOT STAND.... the way some teams waste time!! I mean I know pretty much all teams do in some sort of fashion, but GOTTDAMMIT MEXICO, THEY ARE AMONG THE WORST!! Cuauhtemoc Blanco especially!!
I'm mexican and I HATE seeing that shit!! Even on my own team, when I play, I HATE divers or time wasters! I'd rather show my superiority over an opponent by controlling the ball, making the opposition run, or instead of falling over for a cheap call - fight the defender off or catch my balance and take the shot!!!!
Sorry for my rant but I saw the second half of the Mexico game earlier tonight and I HATE seeing that in games.
September 10, 2009 @ 04:01 AM
alex.

brasil will win.

im betting 200euro on spain
September 10, 2009 @ 06:20 AM
Ledger

England are through to South Africa! Just beaten Croatia with IMO their best performance under Capello. We looked solid all over the pitch except for Glen Johnson. He's good attacking but will easily get caught out against a team like Brazil or Spain, but admittedly he is the best we have.

Fuck you guys played bloody good, bout time tbh. Might have taken a while but i'm kinda glad to see England do well. Now we've gotta hope your boys defeat Ukraine.

LOL @ Argentina, they're fucked. Goddamn Maradona thinking he's jesus or something - great player, shit coach. Will be massive news if they miss. Imagine a WC without Messi !
September 10, 2009 @ 08:20 AM
brasil

Fuck you guys played bloody good, bout time tbh. Might have taken a while but i'm kinda glad to see England do well. Now we've gotta hope your boys defeat Ukraine.

LOL @ Argentina, they're fucked. Goddamn Maradona thinking he's jesus or something - great player, shit coach. Will be massive news if they miss. Imagine a WC without Messi !

It's better off that way, the world cup does not need Argentinian trash.
September 10, 2009 @ 10:23 AM
sjem

Imagine a world cup without Ronaldo and Messi!. Portugal aint looking good, 5 points off top with 2 games left. It's England's best chance this year especially if some of the big teams don't make it. As much as i wanted Harry Rednapp to take over i have to admit Capello has done a very good job.
September 10, 2009 @ 10:53 AM
imtheman

Well theres been quite a few World Cups without big countries and or stars in the past, so it wouldnt be too surprising if the likes of Ronaldo or Messi didnt make it.

I'd place my bets on either Brazil or Spain winning it all.. theyre just stacked in all positions and I think the only ones to beat them would be themselves?!!
September 10, 2009 @ 10:54 AM
Silver Bullet

Was so pleased with the way England played last night.Admitedly Croatia were poor,but they are still a higly rated side.Was a little disapointed when they pulled one back but it is a marathon not a sprint i guess.Aaron Lennon was good.Always thought he was better than Theo Walcott.We are definetly a wildcard for the World Cup.

Plus Argentina,Portugal and France may not qualify.While i am somewhat pleased with it,i still would have liked to play them and thrash some of them.Oh well i guess there is still Germany.
September 10, 2009 @ 11:05 AM
jingerBread

Was so pleased with the way England played last night.Admitedly Croatia were poor,but they are still a higly rated side.Was a little disapointed when they pulled one back but it is a marathon not a sprint i guess.Aaron Lennon was good.Always thought he was better than Theo Walcott.We are definetly a wildcard for the World Cup.

Plus Argentina,Portugal and France may not qualify.While i am somewhat pleased with it,i still would have liked to play them and thrash some of them.Oh well i guess there is still Germany.

The germans will wipe the floor with england.

im betting 200euro on spain

Well then lets hope they don't meet the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND EVERYTHING THAT IS BADASS NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM again.
September 10, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
sjem

Lol shut up, Germany play the worst football out of any of the "big teams". With a decent referee and an even spread of luck England can beat Germany easily.
Apparently there's a friendly being set up against brazil for later on in the year. If we win that or at least perform well then we can begin to hype up our chances for the wc.
September 10, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
go0seMUFC

I CANNOT STAND.... the way some teams waste time!! I mean I know pretty much all teams do in some sort of fashion, but GOTTDAMMIT MEXICO, THEY ARE AMONG THE WORST!! Cuauhtemoc Blanco especially!!
I'm mexican and I HATE seeing that shit!! Even on my own team, when I play, I HATE divers or time wasters! I'd rather show my superiority over an opponent by controlling the ball, making the opposition run, or instead of falling over for a cheap call - fight the defender off or catch my balance and take the shot!!!!
Sorry for my rant but I saw the second half of the Mexico game earlier tonight and I HATE seeing that in games.

I feel you. Mexico could only pull that shit off at Azteca or Concacaf WCQ, but not against superior countries. This regions is straight up gargabe. BTW, I was the only dude cheering for Honduras in El Ipodromo in Tijuana yesterday. I've always known this, but never in a deeper level, but Mexican families IN MEXICO are down as fuck about football. Two of my roommates cousins play for a local football club down in TJ. That's the only thing that keeps me from fully hating the Mexican federation and footballers like that. Literally, the whole country backs that team.
September 10, 2009 @ 05:10 PM
alex.

Yeah man. Look @ Argentina or France players and they are struggling to qualify to the next WC. They should fire their couches ASAP

Everyone loves england over here, imo they wack as fuck. but it's maybe because in the states they only showin the premier league matches/there are lot of uk members here or you just dont like a nice looking fooball :/ they wont do good at WC, quarterfinal at best IMO.

Imo no one can beat Spain atm, look @ their middfield or their attack power

senna, xavi, silva, fabregas, xavi, iniesta, mata, casorla, torres, villa gg no re...

the only problem with spain is that their best players get injured easily..their whole middfield was missing at the confederation cup :/ but if silva,xavi,iniesta, senna are iight next year, they gon win easily.

the best three teems atm

Spain
SLOVAKIA
Brazil

(:
September 10, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
Silver Bullet

Lol shut up, Germany play the worst football out of any of the "big teams". With a decent referee and an even spread of luck England can beat Germany easily.
Apparently there's a friendly being set up against brazil for later on in the year. If we win that or at least perform well then we can begin to hype up our chances for the wc.

I get the feeling neither of the teams will want to be there or will they take it seriously.It is going to be played in the middle east after all midway through the season.That is what i will say if we lose.If we win it would be a different story all together....
September 10, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
Ledger

Was so pleased with the way England played last night.Admitedly Croatia were poor,but they are still a higly rated side.

We were utter shit. I know one player doesn't carry an entire team but shit it feels bad not to have Modric there. We're are decent team, got a lot of recognition by beating England @ Wembley to keep them out of Euro 08 - if we get into the WC, doubt we'll do much damage.

Yeah man. Look @ Argentina or France players and they are struggling to qualify to the next WC. They should fire their couches ASAP

Imo no one can beat Spain atm, look @ their middfield or their attack power

senna, xavi, silva, fabregas, xavi, iniesta, mata, casorla, torres, villa gg no re...

the only problem with spain is that their best players get injured easily..their whole middfield was missing at the confederation cup :/ but if silva,xavi,iniesta, senna are iight next year, they gon win easily.

(:

Have to agree, Maradona and Domenech must go after the qualifiers are done. Both teams have huge potential but shocking game plans.

Honeslty I think Spain are in the best position to win the WC but think Brazil or England will be the biggest threats. England just need to hope they have no injuries and an easy draw in the group stage.
September 10, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
imtheman

I feel you. Mexico could only pull that shit off at Azteca or Concacaf WCQ, but not against superior countries. This regions is straight up gargabe. BTW, I was the only dude cheering for Honduras in El Ipodromo in Tijuana yesterday. I've always known this, but never in a deeper level, but Mexican families IN MEXICO are down as fuck about football. Two of my roommates cousins play for a local football club down in TJ. That's the only thing that keeps me from fully hating the Mexican federation and footballers like that. Literally, the whole country backs that team.

HoLy shit dude, thats pretty ballsy of you cuz TJ gets ROWWDDDYYYYY when Mexico plays!
Yeah they are really committed to El Tri, no matter how bad they do, but just the way they play at times is what pisses me off?!!! And yeah youre right, Mexico can only get away with that at home or in qualifiers, which makes it more frustrating because I want to see them play, not lag!!
I'm not a huge supporter of El Tri but I'm Mexican/American and support both national teams (even though I enjoy watching other nations play for their skill & players), mainly for the attitude of the squad at times and because sometimes, the selection of players appears to be "influenced" by other sources other than the coach only.... IDK, one day USA & Mexico will be mentioned in the same line as Brazil, Italy, etc w/o any shock.. one day.
September 10, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
brasil

United States is the best team in the world, they will certainly win.

Landon Donovan is the greatest player to ever live.
September 10, 2009 @ 10:16 PM
nogi-drew

--------foster/green--------
johnson---rio--terry---cole
lennon---barry----lampard---walcott
---------gerrard-----------
-----------rooney----------

id like to see capello experiment with this now that qualification is done.
September 11, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
go0seMUFC

HoLy shit dude, thats pretty ballsy of you cuz TJ gets ROWWDDDYYYYY when Mexico plays!
Yeah they are really committed to El Tri, no matter how bad they do, but just the way they play at times is what pisses me off?!!! And yeah youre right, Mexico can only get away with that at home or in qualifiers, which makes it more frustrating because I want to see them play, not lag!!
I'm not a huge supporter of El Tri but I'm Mexican/American and support both national teams (even though I enjoy watching other nations play for their skill & players), mainly for the attitude of the squad at times and because sometimes, the selection of players appears to be "influenced" by other sources other than the coach only.... IDK, one day USA & Mexico will be mentioned in the same line as Brazil, Italy, etc w/o any shock.. one day.

Fuck yeah that was ballsy. My homie was trippin' cause I was the only dude complaining against the penalty in the middle of the crowd. Fuck it.

And I feel you on squad selection. Politics in football ruin the game. Specially in Mexico, El Salvador, etc. Back to the fan base in Mexico. Ya'll are pretty fucking down. I respect that cause I wish it was like that here. The US pisses me off though. Their system is fucked up and they try to make everything all americanized. They should realize that shit won't work in football. They need to revamp their style of play and work hard on the basics cause they get rolled by any team that possesses any sort of skill on the ball. Not to change subject, but America's interpretation of the Freeway is pretty fucked up and erroneous. They should have stuck to the Germans..

Aaron Lennon to United! Him + that 80 mil investment in the Villa/Silva partnership and you got serious contenders on all fronts again. Plus the ability to control strong assets of an already strong Spanish side. Opens possibilities for other Spaniards in the near future..
September 11, 2009 @ 02:05 AM
Alan_Watts

tjhis is a sick line up|0
September 11, 2009 @ 02:27 AM
sjem

If you swapped Walcott with Gerrard that would be a great team. Oh and i think we need to try out some new right backs. Micah Richards or Wes Brown.
September 11, 2009 @ 02:25 PM
nogi-drew

If you swapped Walcott with Gerrard that would be a great team. Oh and i think we need to try out some new right backs. Micah Richards or Wes Brown.

gerrard is already on the left as of now. id like to see gerrard play behind rooney like he does with torres for the scouse. lennon and walcott would terrorize a backline and gerrard can play box to box and rooney can track back. i think the lineup i posted with wes brown at right back is how we should play a spain holland or brazil. our two fast wingers would challenge brazils wingback play of alves and maicon.
September 11, 2009 @ 03:05 PM
sjem

Well i don't think Gerrard needs testing in any other position as his performance on saturday shows. And with that formation across the midfield Lampard and Gerrard seem to finally be able to play well together. Also i don't think Rooney can play lone striker, even with a shadow striker, because his tendancy to stray would get rid of the possibility to play long balls up to the top. Especially if players like Beckham and Carrick were on their pitch as their ability to play inch perfect balls over the top brings another dimension to the team. I would like to see Defoe and Cole start alongside Rooney (seperate games) as Defoe is on fire at the moment and deserves the chance to prove how he can play upfront with rooney. And IMO Cole is a younger, faster version of Heskey and can finish better than him. Not saying Heskey doesn't bring something to the team but i don't think he should be first choice.
September 12, 2009 @ 01:34 AM
nogi-drew

Well i don't think Gerrard needs testing in any other position as his performance on saturday shows. And with that formation across the midfield Lampard and Gerrard seem to finally be able to play well together. Also i don't think Rooney can play lone striker, even with a shadow striker, because his tendancy to stray would get rid of the possibility to play long balls up to the top. Especially if players like Beckham and Carrick were on their pitch as their ability to play inch perfect balls over the top brings another dimension to the team. I would like to see Defoe and Cole start alongside Rooney (seperate games) as Defoe is on fire at the moment and deserves the chance to prove how he can play upfront with rooney. And IMO Cole is a younger, faster version of Heskey and can finish better than him. Not saying Heskey doesn't bring something to the team but i don't think he should be first choice.

keep defoe on the bench its working and if it aint broke dont fix it!
September 21, 2009 @ 08:27 PM
rcoles

Spain Baby!
September 22, 2009 @ 12:22 AM
TdotOdot

Netherlands baby
October 13, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
Alan_Watts

soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=685106&sec=global&cc=5901

my house is 10 minutes from the crash site... GW parkway is pretty fucked....
broken femur... good bye world cup...his starting spot would had been a lock to...charlie davies, you just killed your childhood dreams...

how big of a heart do u need to come back from an injuy like this? ask Eduardo

Please login first to reply.