Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 28, 2007 @ 11:51 PM

Inactive

I never recieved an e-mail or anything but I noticed yesterday so I'm guessing its a forum glitch or error.

I sent an e-mail to Kevin asking about it and there hasn't been a response.

Just wondering what's going on...?

PM or talk to kevin for me if you can!

Thanks,
Jack
October 1, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
Crook

There's a thin line with expressing your thoughts constructively and using your superior "MOD" powers to lay down the law.

I agree...i had a debate with Jack and the dude went crazy and after a lil back and forth he told me "i should give you an infraction" You cant tell mods anything because they always have their fingers on the ban/infraction button and try to scare you with it once they feel like their losing a debate. I was happy to see hes no longer a mod cuz he was too opinionated>sad
October 1, 2007 @ 05:12 PM
dagig

I agree...i had a debate with Jack and the dude went crazy and after a lil back and forth he told me "i should give you an infraction" You cant tell mods anything because they always have their fingers on the ban/infraction button and try to scare you with it once they feel like their losing a debate. I was happy to see hes no longer a mod cuz he was too opinionated>sad

co sign
October 1, 2007 @ 05:30 PM

Inactive

B.S.

I have never threatned to ban anyone because i have disagreed with them. I welcome constructive debate and disagreement and so do most of the other mods. As moderators or authority for anything people come off as assholes becuase its thier job to enforce the rules. Also, people have the misconception that because we're moderators we cant have an opinion or ecpress it even if its in a forcefull matter. We're still opinionated members of the board and as long as it stays civil we have the right to express that as much as anyone. In fact most people have become mods because they can express thier opinions in such a manner. Some people would rather mods be like robots whos only job it is to ban smappers and clean up the board, so they get pissed when a mod has something to say they dont agree with and all of a sudden the mods "to opinionated". I agree that if it gets outa hand the mod should be delt with and that includes me. But at the same time people will fault the mods if they're not doing thier job up to thier standards. Or if a mod says something sarcastic or funny at the expense of another then all of a sudden thier abusing thier duties. If I banned everyone i disagreed with they'd be a long list. One dude even made fun of the fact that i lost everything in the storm and i didnt ban him. SO its a lose lose situation. It is what it is...but dont lump everyone into one becuase of some problems you've had with one.
October 1, 2007 @ 05:47 PM
That Cat

why isnt jack a mod anymore
October 1, 2007 @ 05:52 PM
G60

if you guys think the mods are heavy-handed, how would you like it if they followed to the letter, the user agreement every member here signed when they registered?

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Hypebeast Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
"

take a look at every thread you participate in, and see how many users violate those rules (violating those rules on many forums results in an instant-ban). you should all be lucky that the mods let the members here get away with as much as they do.

you really have nothing to complain about, as you can see, the administrators actually DO something about mods who have abused their powers.

i was a member of a very large hockey gear forum, which was run like absolute crap. they had a moderator who would routinely engage in public flame wars, name-calling (his favorite was calling other members 'faggot'), and other such immature things with any member on the forum who disagreed with him. i called him out on it in a very mature manner, and he couldn't handle someone who could argue with him intelligently, so of course, i was banned. i got a PM from the admin saying "yeah, we have talked to XXX about his behavior before, but we're friends, so i'm not going to do anything about it"

you think you've got it bad here, at least i have never seen that type of behavior from a moderator, and if it does go on, at least there's proof the administration doesn't turn a blind eye towards it.

moderators are held to higher standards of conduct, that's true, but they're also members of the forum, and it's unfair to say that they're supposed to act like mindless zombies.
October 1, 2007 @ 05:57 PM

Inactive

^

Some one lock this mother fucker!

nuff said
October 1, 2007 @ 06:01 PM
Crook

B.S.

I have never threatned to ban anyone because i have disagreed with them. I welcome constructive debate and disagreement and so do most of the other mods. As moderators or authority for anything people come off as assholes becuase its thier job to enforce the rules. Also, people have the misconception that because we're moderators we cant have an opinion or ecpress it even if its in a forcefull matter. We're still opinionated members of the board and as long as it stays civil we have the right to express that as much as anyone. In fact most people have become mods because they can express thier opinions in such a manner. Some people would rather mods be like robots whos only job it is to ban smappers and clean up the board, so they get pissed when a mod has something to say they dont agree with and all of a sudden the mods "to opinionated". I agree that if it gets outa hand the mod should be delt with and that includes me. But at the same time people will fault the mods if they're not doing thier job up to thier standards. Or if a mod says something sarcastic or funny at the expense of another then all of a sudden thier abusing thier duties. If I banned everyone i disagreed with they'd be a long list. One dude even made fun of the fact that i lost everything in the storm and i didnt ban him. SO its a lose lose situation. It is what it is...but dont lump everyone into one becuase of some problems you've had with one.

Youre right Sub i made a mistake by lumping everyone together. I posted too fast and i shouldve just wrote Jack/Moderator as the problems. I have no problem with you and I think you are the best mod when it comes to debates and discussions because you always make your point but dont threaten those who dont agree. I shouldve wrote Moderator/Jack as the problem that was my fault and i admit i was wrong.
October 1, 2007 @ 06:04 PM

Inactive

Thats fair enough. But real talk If i was to get out of hand...I should be un moded too. Same rules should apply to everyone. I'm not gonna speak to who gets out of hand or what not as a moderator because thats not my place or decision to say things like taht or put others on blast. But I will say that Kevin handles this board very fairly and professionaly and when anyone including a moderator does something wrong he addresses it.
October 1, 2007 @ 06:08 PM
Crook

Fair enough....IB4TL!
October 1, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
L

IB4TL. smile

Please login first to reply.