July 6, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
sublime

Confirmed scammers on this site are still able to log in to this site and dupe more people!

watch out for dopestash!

why not just ban the scammers so they can't log in? or ban ip addresses

the confirmed scammer list isn't even stickied in the 3 marketplace sections like it should be..

why not just disable members being able to make listings til' they meet requirements?
July 6, 2012 @ 05:41 PM
jaded

One member accused dopestash of being a scammer, everyone else in his feedback thread gave him a positive review. I don't know the details of the case where he was accused of scamming another member, but I'm pretty sure Revolver looked into it and resolved the issue. He can chime in if that's not the case.

I can assure you that confirmed scammers who ignored mods messages and/or didn't resolve the problem they had with another member are permanently banned from the forum. A majority of the time, the mods are able to work with both members until the issue is resolved, if that can't be done, the scammer is banned. Yesterday a member PM'd me and made a thread accusing someone of scamming him, and I talked with both members and the issue was resolved this morning with a full refund because it was just a misunderstanding between them. We can't just ban someone the minute a member accuses them of scamming, we have to look into it and hear from both members involved and figure out what happened and if it can be resolved.

A confirmed scammer list is pointless because if a user is banned for scamming and they want to do it again, they can just register with a different name. That's why it's important to follow the rules and guidelines we've laid out in the sticky's in the marketplace. We have a sticky that warn users about the gift option on PayPal and we have guidelines for making trade agreement threads and people choose to ignore them. I can tell you that in both cases I've dealt with since I've been a mod, the users handled everything in PM's and the buyer paid the seller using the gift option on PayPal, which are two things we warn people not to do in the sticky's.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 6, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
sublime

One member accused dopestash of being a scammer, everyone else in his feedback thread gave him a positive review. I don't know the details of the case where he was accused of scamming another member, but I'm pretty sure Revolver looked into it and resolved the issue. He can chime in if that's not the case.

I can assure you that confirmed scammers who ignored mods messages and/or didn't resolve the problem they had with another member are permanently banned from the forum. A majority of the time, the mods are able to work with both members until the issue is resolved, if that can't be done, the scammer is banned. Yesterday a member PM'd me and made a thread accusing someone of scamming him, and I talked with both members and the issue was resolved this morning with a full refund because it was just a misunderstanding between them. We can't just ban someone the minute a member accuses them of scamming, we have to look into it and hear from both members involved and figure out what happened and if it can be resolved.

A confirmed scammer list is pointless because if a user is banned for scamming and they want to do it again, they can just register with a different name. That's why it's important to follow the rules and guidelines we've laid out in the sticky's in the marketplace. We have a sticky that warn users about the gift option on PayPal and we have guidelines for making trade agreement threads and people choose to ignore them. I can tell you that in both cases I've dealt with since I've been a mod, the users handled everything in PM's and the buyer paid the seller using the gift option on PayPal, which are two things we warn people not to do in the sticky's.

if they can just create a new account why not ban ip addresses

the entire situation above happened because a july 2012 member was able to post a listing. there should be a system to automatically not let people post til they meet the requirements
July 6, 2012 @ 07:39 PM
jaded

If someone is dedicated to trying to run scams in the marketplace here, an IP ban isn't going to keep them away for long. The point I'm trying to make is that if members would read the sticky's, which are at the top of the page in each marketplace forum, then sale threads and trade agreement threads would be created, the terms would be laid out in the thread, and both members would agree to the terms of the sale/trade in the thread before the transaction takes place.

The problem we're having is that people are ignoring the sticky's, they are handling everything in PM's, and they are paying with the gift option on PayPal. The minute you use the gift option to pay someone, you lose all support from PayPal, there is no longer any buyer protection. It's probably the best method of payment for a scammer to use, because you lose the option to dispute it with PayPal. A scammer probably won't make a thread agreeing to the terms of the trade and agree to be paid through a standard PayPal payment, which is why we ask users here to make a trade agreement thread and to be cautious of the gift option on PayPal. As I said before, in both cases I've dealt with since I've been a mod, the users handled everything in PM's and the payment was made using the gift option on PayPal.

If users here choose to ignore the sticky's and conduct a trade or sale that goes against all of our recommendations laid out in the marketplace, there isn't a lot we can do. We always work to try and resolve the issue if something doesn't go as planned, and in the event that we can't (which hasn't happened in the cases I've dealt with), the scammer is permanently banned. As a member here, you can always let us know if we've missed a thread that doesn't meet marketplace requirements by private messaging one of us or posting it in the feedback forum. You can also protect yourself as a buyer or trader by following the guidelines we've laid out in the sticky's.

July 6, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
sublime

If someone is dedicated to trying to run scams in the marketplace here, an IP ban isn't going to keep them away for long. The point I'm trying to make is that if members would read the sticky's, which are at the top of the page in each marketplace forum, then sale threads and trade agreement threads would be created, the terms would be laid out in the thread, and both members will agree to the terms of the sale/trade in the thread before the transaction takes place.

The problem we're having is that people are ignoring the sticky's, they are handling everything in PM's, and they are paying with the gift option on PayPal. The minute you use the gift option to pay someone, you lose all support from PayPal, there is no longer any buyer protection. It's probably the best method of payment for a scammer to use, because you lose the option to dispute it with PayPal. A scammer probably won't make a thread agreeing to the terms of the trade and agree to be paid through a standard PayPal payment, which is why we ask users here to make a trade agreement thread and to be cautious of the gift option on PayPal. As I said before, in both cases I've dealt with since I've been a mod, the users handled everything in PM's and the payment was made using the gift option on PayPal.

If users here choose to ignore the sticky's and conduct a trade or sale that goes against all of our recommendations laid out in the marketplace, there isn't a lot we can do. We always work to try and resolve the issue if something doesn't go as planned, and in the event that we can't (which hasn't happened in the cases I've dealt with), the scammer is permanently banned. As a member here, you can always let us know if we've missed a thread that doesn't meet marketplace requirements by private messaging one of us or posting it in the feedback forum. You can also protect yourself as a buyer or trader by following the guidelines we've laid out in the sticky's.

thanks for the time, but ip addresses still aren't banned and july 2012 members continue to be able to list posts and get buyers and scam people before they meet requirements. i guess those two issues are not going to be resolved.
July 6, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
jaded

I appreciate your concern, but you haven't pointed out a case where someone was actually scammed. You used dopestash as your example, and as I said before, dopestash has all positive feedback in his thread except from one user, and I'm pretty sure Revolver Ocelot resolved the issue they were having.

If you can post links to threads created by July 2012 members that you feel are potential scams, I'd be happy to take a look at them and run them by the other mods as well. If they don't meet the requirements, we can take care of it. If you don't mind doing that, I'd really appreciate it. I've already let the other mods know that you're concerned, so we'll definitely be looking into it.

July 6, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
sublime

kidjx was attempted to be frauded by swesty for air yeezy 2. there was a thread about it. someone deleted it though.

swesty was a july 2012 member. my point is why not have a system where if you haven't been a member for a month and have 50 posts THE SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAKE A LISTING?
July 6, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
jaded

Well that is an example of a scam attempt being taken care of. You stated that there are current July 2012 members running scam threads, that's what I was hoping to get an example of.

July 6, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
sublime

my point is why not have a system where if you haven’t been a member for a month and have 50 posts THE SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAKE A LISTING?
July 6, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
jaded

The current system is a 50 post requirement and 1 month of membership here. If we miss a thread created by a member who doesn't meet those requirements, you can always PM a mod with a link or post a link in the feedback forum. The marketplace is pretty active, occasionally threads will be missed by mods. The board doesn't have a system in place to block someone from making a thread in the marketplace if they don't meet the requirements, it's handled manually.

We try our best to stay on top of it, and hopefully if members follow the guidelines we've laid out in the marketplace, there will be very few issues. As I said before, I've only had to deal with two issues since I've been a mod here, and both were resolved within a day or two.

July 7, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
outchea

Hope this clears Dopestash's name, but I just finished a completely legit deal with him. No problems for me,

July 7, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
Trollinator

Confirmed scammers on this site are still able to log in to this site and dupe more people!

watch out for dopestash!

why not just ban the scammers so they can't log in? or ban ip addresses

the confirmed scammer list isn't even stickied in the 3 marketplace sections like it should be..

why not just disable members being able to make listings til' they meet requirements?

First of all, I let a member know to watch out for dopestash...meaning someone has accused him of scamming a member and for the sake of the member, I just give him a fair warning "watch out" meaning be careful. I can't ban a member just because another member said so. We go through a process. Hear both sides of the story!

Hope this clears Dopestash's name, but I just finished a completely legit deal with him. No problems for me,

Yeah i was giving this guy the heads up!

Good to hear everything went well outchea.

OP I don't understand why you are so upset? The forum is always being working on. New things come and go.
Do the best of your judgement when it comes to trading or selling. Make sure you have a backup meaning paypal will cover your all of your COSTS. It's that simple. We have the smart ones that know what they are doing and the ones that will just ship? which one are you?

I want to see the world burn

July 7, 2012 @ 05:51 AM
nikebridge

tried to spoke to a mod about the situation..guy asks for the agreement thread...what the fuck??? the guy tried to scam me and actually did scam another member due to the gift method..how bout reading ppls threads instead of giving stupid generic answers...it would be good for the site and you wouldnt have to "blow off" so many ppl in yall inboxes....I will post the mod here and maybe he can get his title revoked since he was of NO help at all
July 7, 2012 @ 06:00 AM
Trollinator

Just because we couldn't help you at all doens't mean you can take it out on us.

We are limited.

July 7, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
jaded

tried to spoke to a mod about the situation..guy asks for the agreement thread...what the fuck??? the guy tried to scam me and actually did scam another member due to the gift method..how bout reading ppls threads instead of giving stupid generic answers...it would be good for the site and you wouldnt have to "blow off" so many ppl in yall inboxes....I will post the mod here and maybe he can get his title revoked since he was of NO help at all

There is a sticky in every forum in the marketplace asking members to make trade agreement threads where both users agree to the terms of the trade before it occurs. There is also a sticky warning users to be cautious of paying with the gift option on PayPal, because it removes all buyer protection, once they have your money you cannot dispute it with PayPal. Whichever mod responded to you didn't give you a "stupid generic answer", he was asking if you followed the guidelines laid out for users in the marketplace. If people would follow the guidelines, they wouldn't get scammed. If you choose to ignore them and handle everything via PM's and use the gift payment option on PayPal, there is nothing we can do for you. At the most, we can ban the scammer, which is what we do once it's confirmed.

July 7, 2012 @ 06:53 AM
nicka

I am the member who accused dopestash! i sent him 300$ but he hasn't sent me a jacket i bought from him. it has been over 2 months and he won't refund me. i can't even get a message back from him! i have previous messages to prove it.

Olive Field Pullover L FS

July 7, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
Trollinator

If it's been two months... that says something

July 7, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
nicka

wow joined june 2012!! i bet ur dopestash's other account. trying to make him seen legit

Olive Field Pullover L FS

July 7, 2012 @ 03:19 PM
jaded

wow joined june 2012!! i bet ur dopestash's other account. trying to make him seen legit

Dopestash has positive feedback from buyers in his feedback thread, you're the only person who has left him negative feedback. I don't know the details of your situation with him, but you are welcome to PM me and let me know what happened. This is the first I'm hearing about it. If there's something I can do to help after hearing from you, I'll do what I can.

I'm going to close this thread now, there isn't anything left to discuss that's relevant to the original post.

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.