Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 30, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
Gregoire_J

Note: This is a suggestion for an official thread somewhere in the forums or a sub-forum within the Marketplace.

Everybody from Europe/UK knows how frustrating it is not having (easy) access to certain stores and brands, leaving every european HB member with the only option of paying high prices for goods in the Marketplace.

I'm suggesting a place where European/International HB members can 'ask/hire/recruit' American HB members to buy something for them from an American store and then ship it over.

This will be different from simply buying in the Marketplace as members can build relationships and reputations as 'Store-Runners'

- European/International members should express their desire to purchase certain goods which they can't easily purchase for themselves

- American members should (hopefully) offer their service of going to buy the goods and ship them to the person who they agreed to buy it for.

- The person receiving the item should pay extra for the troubles & shipping expenses incurred by the 'Store-Runner'

- The total price payed by the person receiving the item should be negotiated and confirmed by the two members carrying out the transaction.

- Whether or not the buyer pays in full before the 'Store Run' is made should be decided between the members carrying out the transaction.

Once two people make one transaction it creates the opportunity for them to build a healthy and regular relationship.

People can give good feedback allowing others to build themselves a good reputation for going on 'Store-Runs' making them a 'go-to' member, which could make them extra cash.

This will benefit everyone because buyers will be paying a fairer price for their desired goods and 'Store-Runners' will be making a profit on every item they pickup.
July 1, 2011 @ 02:45 PM
drewblocka

This is a good idea but can easily be abused. Most of the time proxies are done by sending the money via paypal before they go to the store. I have no doubt that people would just use this to scam people out of money. This can be done without a whole thread and sub forum as it has been done in the past.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

July 1, 2011 @ 03:21 PM
Gregoire_J

I appreciate that people may use this as a means of scamming but it wouldn't be much harder for the same scammer to scam people in the marketplace where, like in this suggested thread/sub-forum, a great deal of trust is put into HB members. All it takes is a few honest people to get the ball rolling towards creating good reputations and a list of trustworthy names and happy customers. To ensure safety for buyers and a deterrent for scammers, buyers should not pay for the item as a 'gift' and could request to see tagged pictures of the goods from the 'store-runner' before sending any/full payment to confirm.

It doesn't surprise me that it has been done before in the past between members, but I'm sure many many more members will be encouraged to do the same if they can see a place specific to this type of transaction, filled with useful suggestions and trust-worthy 'store-runners'.
July 2, 2011 @ 04:41 PM
NBLZG

i saw few times in marketplace listenings with offer of supreme and other ny stuff for foreign HB users - maybe bapesupplier idea can work
July 3, 2011 @ 10:02 AM
imreaestoa

te
delete
July 14, 2011 @ 12:51 PM
AEIOU

http://downtilimunderground.vsco.co

Please login first to reply.