Recommend me a teched out jacket

August 01, 2007 @ 16:03:21

Inactive User

i want a military style waterproof technical jacket...light decently wind proof. good for late fall semi cold..not full blown artic shit. leaning towards nylon or like some kinda north facey type jacket with pockets.

reccommed me brands if you dont knwo of a specific jacket. i was looking at carhartt jackets. how do you guys feel about it.

their tech line is not to be slept on. also if you think its corny you need to check out their euro shit. its up there. theres a techy green wtaps jacket at union and at half price its still way out of my range 330! for a thinish raincoaty looking goretex jacket
August 02, 2007 @ 07:24:19

Inactive User

how come none of you guys have an opinion? like if i asked about some rainbow nikes you guys woudl be quick to say its hot or it sucks
August 02, 2007 @ 07:40:47
I think this ones pretty cool. http://www.the-glade.com/brands/one_true_saxon/stainless_steel_composite_parka.php only in XL though. Its a lot easier to recommend things if you tell people what size you are, your budget etc. Just a thought
August 02, 2007 @ 18:50:12
I was honestly suprised with the quality of the Kid Robot tech jackets. They're expensive as all get out, but the material was fantastic, fit is solid; overall a lot more mature than most of their stuff.

http://kidrobot.com/products2.cfm?ID=4997&cfid=2811243&cftoken=20781460&nav_chooser=&dept=APPAREL&typ=OUTERWEAR
August 02, 2007 @ 18:51:38

Inactive User

I got a bbc silver jacket and a original fake reflective for this fall.
August 02, 2007 @ 23:42:55

Inactive User

if
if i had to choose between a 130 dollar carharrt ..a 130 dollar one true saxon made out of steel, any northface out there for 150 bucks or a 400 dollar kid robot jacket you can best believe if jump off a cliff backwards before i drop 400 on a kid robot anything.

im not buying a toy ass jacket. and def not for 400. it can be rolls royce X kid robot for all i care shit is bunz
August 02, 2007 @ 23:49:52
If you can afford it:

Idiom
Acronym
Northface
August 03, 2007 @ 01:44:39
NBHD m65
August 03, 2007 @ 10:10:17
August 03, 2007 @ 14:31:09

Inactive User

Vexed Generation.
August 03, 2007 @ 14:37:04
Helly Hansen, Karbon, DNA... Go with companies that specialize in the winter outerwear shit. Skiing and snowboarding Companies will get you the best quality.
August 03, 2007 @ 17:32:58
patagonia ;)
August 03, 2007 @ 18:34:26
Since you live in NY, I was there last week and at Burton they have Idiom Jackets 50% off and theyre pretty dope. Check them out. Also the Visvim Goretex Camo that they have a Union is fresh
August 24, 2007 @ 08:25:00
hey man,

If you do some research. Acronym is the top of the line. Im selling a gt-j9 (their top of the line shell) in sz xl on the sale forum. I'm a new member but am a longtime member at superfuture with a good reputation. I can also do meet up in nyc.

give it a look.

August 24, 2007 @ 14:32:38
-idiom (burton) is tight, but damn pricey and hard to find.
-know1edge had some okay mil/style jackets last year for a decent price
-addict? never seen up close, but their line seems tech and cheap.
August 24, 2007 @ 14:57:36
Addict is nice, but they pretty much only do camo,
One true saxon jackets are really nice, but I dont know what the prices would be like over in the US
August 24, 2007 @ 16:08:27
that acronym jacket is great. love that brand.
August 24, 2007 @ 22:07:44
the new crash crew military by obey looks pretty dope too. check DG or Karmaloop.
August 24, 2007 @ 23:00:14
http://www.scottevest.com

TRULY tech'ed out jackets. Started in like 2001 or so, so they're on like version 4.0 or something. Every year they improve the jacket. Pockets for all your gadgets, conduits for your wires, cool as shit. these guys were the first. now all mainstream companies have been copying their shit for years.
August 24, 2007 @ 23:21:24
August 26, 2007 @ 06:57:53
im lookin for a tech jacket too. for this snowboard season. one of the only ones ive found/liked was the white one from kidrobot. but thats too expensive! anyone know of any other jackets? im guessing more will come out as winter gets closer.
August 26, 2007 @ 12:33:05
http://orageski.com/ usually has some nice stuff.
August 27, 2007 @ 16:04:06
I can talk ad nauseum about jackets so here I go.

ACRONYM is high on my list of jackets, but it is overpriced; on the other hand no one even comes close to ACR's functionality. However, no one will ever use that superman escape thing in their life. Sooooo, moving on.

Arcteryx is dope. I currently own the Stingray and it is great for snowboarding. I have also owned the Gamma MX, and the Episolon, but of which was returned to REI once I got the Stingray. Arcteryx contracts some of the highest quality waterproofing, and breathable material. They also employ seam sealing, plus seam sealed zippers.

Visvim M-65. These use Gore-Tex and look dope. They are currently on sale at union for about 4 bills with tax. However, at 4 bills you can easily get Gore-Tex XCR, instead of the basic gore-tex. Again, this is functionality versus aesthetics.

Idiom - If you can get it for 50% this is really good. However, at retail these jackets are crap. 4 bills for some polka dots? The zippers are not seam sealed, and the fit is a little tight around.

Burton - 3L, and 2.5L. I have a 3L jacket and it's well made and fits better then Idiom. Plus, I wouldn't get clowned on wearing stripes or polka dots. Again, anything at 50% is good. Check www.sierrasnowboards.com for some good deals on last season's stuff, all 50% off.

Patagonia - Overpriced, but great warranty. Had a backpack that I thought looked dated. Took it back and got the new model. Nuff said.

North Face - Hyvent is crap. It does not breath well at all. Again, this only applies if you are an avid winter sportsmen, because walking to the bus stop is not sweat inducing. North face overall is really good, but I go with Arcteryx because the Canadians are just way better about Quality Control, however I have learned only the higher end jackets are made in Canada now.

Helly Hansen - They have their own proprietary weather gear so most of the time users don't know what's up. But, trust, these guys are good, and for the fraction of the price. Sad thing is that people spend this kind of money to look good, not stay warm. So, moving on....

Cloudveil - Dope brand. Get it with Schoeller anything. Cloudveil is well made and not yet recognized unless you are a mountaineer and scaling el capitan. They are better then good, and with the right search you can find some good deals.

Marmot - French brand that knows whats good.

Orage - Dope ski company.

I have owned every brand mentioned and I have a season pass to Mammoth, and got to Whistler at least once a year (mammoth and whistler = same owners, so crazy discounts). I speak from experience, but take everything with a grain of salt. These are my opinions as an extensive boarder.

On the cheap? - Go to www.sierratradingpost.com and do a gore tex search. You will find jackets, a lot of good jackets, at great prices. Best part is that there is usually a coupon floating around, and they have a great warranty.
August 29, 2007 @ 11:37:08
I was gonna throw in my 2 cents but I can't follow that guy hahah

I've usually rocked North Face. Right now I'm rocking the 2006 Free Thinker Jacket which I'm happy with.

If money was not an issue, I would definitely rock Acronym - that is a fresh company, but I don't have like a G to drop on a jacket
August 29, 2007 @ 13:02:44

Inactive User

Originally posted by Inactive User
I was honestly suprised with the quality of the Kid Robot tech jackets. They're expensive as all get out, but the material was fantastic, fit is solid; overall a lot more mature than most of their stuff.

http://kidrobot.com/products2.cfm?ID=4997&cfid=2811243&cftoken=20781460&nav_chooser=&dept=APPAREL&typ=OUTERWEAR

to 390 for a shell i say thbbbbbpttttt

regardless of the quality
August 29, 2007 @ 13:04:00

Inactive User

this year im getting my new winter jacket from burton and i strongly suggest you do the same thing...especially if you snowboard

go to the nyc store if you live in ny...if not, check out their website

they have some of the best quality jackets ive seen
August 29, 2007 @ 13:04:42

Inactive User

im lookin for a tech jacket too. for this snowboard season. one of the only ones ive found/liked was the white one from kidrobot. but thats too expensive! anyone know of any other jackets? im guessing more will come out as winter gets closer.

for all snowboarding needs go with burton like i said ^^^
August 29, 2007 @ 13:26:30
I already have two technical jackets, countless track jackets and windbreakers, and a bomber...I think this season I'm gonna cop the MHI P-Coat...new look steez...I've never been a fan of M-65's, and Kidrobot would need to cut that price tag in half for me to even consider...
Please login first to reply.
x