January 1, 2008 @ 01:54 PM
arphilippe

They are the illest suprised

sans-coeur.com

January 1, 2008 @ 06:03 PM
ThePepperSkull

Does anyone know if they make their shoes in a 13? Every e-store that I've seen that sells them has them in full size runs up to 12 only.
January 1, 2008 @ 09:29 PM
thunderchunk69

I hope you guys can buy this with a healthy conscious, without any proof that they aren't made from the same factories and owners of variant factories.
And since you kids are far removed from poverty, seeing how you're paying $150 for variants with vulcanized soles, I'd like to let you'll know that yes, there have been XIs and VIIs in the slums made of denim.
January 1, 2008 @ 11:41 PM
&war Carrots

the new colors are sweet as fuck sonn! cool
January 2, 2008 @ 03:34 AM
ThePepperSkull

I hope you guys can buy this with a healthy conscious, without any proof that they aren't made from the same factories and owners of variant factories.
And since you kids are far removed from poverty, seeing how you're paying $150 for variants with vulcanized soles, I'd like to let you'll know that yes, there have been XIs and VIIs in the slums made of denim.

So what you're saying is we should feel guilty for buying gourmet because poor children in third world countries make them in variant sweatshop factories as opposed to feeling righteous when we buy jordans made in sweatshop factories where workers are abused physically/sexually?

It always perplexes me how people preach about this shit. I agree, it is really REALLY shitty that people are being exploited for profit, but don't act like the shoes YOU buy are completely free trade. There are very few shoe companies that do not employ foreign production because of cost cutting; and most likely if you dog on someone for wearing gourmet, you've probably at one point in your life owned or do own a pair of jordans or adidas or converse or vans etc.
January 2, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
thunderchunk69

So what you're saying is we should feel guilty for buying gourmet because poor children in third world countries make them in variant sweatshop factories as opposed to feeling righteous when we buy jordans made in sweatshop factories where workers are abused physically/sexually?

It always perplexes me how people preach about this shit. I agree, it is really REALLY shitty that people are being exploited for profit, but don't act like the shoes YOU buy are completely free trade. There are very few shoe companies that do not employ foreign production because of cost cutting; and most likely if you dog on someone for wearing gourmet, you've probably at one point in your life owned or do own a pair of jordans or adidas or converse or vans etc.

No, I'm not making a statement against/for variants or sweatshops for that matter.

I only made those statements because I'm POSITIVE that most of this board is anti-variant yet gives these a pass thinking there was some originality involved by making them canvas with vulcanized soles. I believe, since we have no proof otherwise, that the variant makers just made a hip way to sell their overstock by simply changing the soles. and again, i have seen canvas variants a year ago, only difference is that poorly sewn tag on the front and the sole.

edit:

The canvas isn't as finely woven as that of a pair of Vans

My pair based on the VII's has a neoprene booty, surprisingly comfortable for a shoe that is pretty low tech.
January 2, 2008 @ 07:00 AM
Willt_8

I believe, since we have no proof otherwise, that the variant makers just made a hip way to sell their overstock by simply changing the soles. and again, i have seen canvas variants a year ago, only difference is that poorly sewn tag on the front and the sole.

from what I seen the quality is good and plus there limited, the variant makers how you call them are designer Greg Johnsen (Situationormal/Hall of Fame) Jon T. Buscemi (DC shoes) and Greg Lucci (Zoo York)
January 2, 2008 @ 02:08 PM
thunderchunk69

from what I seen the quality is good and plus there limited, the variant makers how you call them are designer Greg Johnsen (Situationormal/Hall of Fame) Jon T. Buscemi (DC shoes) and Greg Lucci (Zoo York)

well thats not proof enough that the 'designers' how you call them didn't simply contact the variant factory(s) for the supplies or to simply change the sole.

Im not knocking the shoe, im knocking the people that are blindly buying them for $150, asking no questions, yet they'd spend hours typing about some kid in sponge bob jordans.

ps.

Hypebeast is full of designers and "industry insiders" so I assume im being "offensive" and overly "annoying" by being a conscious consumer, sorry.
January 3, 2008 @ 10:08 AM
nick

well thats not proof enough that the 'designers' how you call them didn't simply contact the variant factory(s) for the supplies or to simply change the sole.

Im not knocking the shoe, im knocking the people that are blindly buying them for $150, asking no questions, yet they'd spend hours typing about some kid in sponge bob jordans.

ps.

Hypebeast is full of designers and "industry insiders" so I assume im being "offensive" and overly "annoying" by being a conscious consumer, sorry.

Nah, you are just being dumb. Fakes and variants are exactly that because they try to pass off their product as being an authentic brand. Gourmet has nothing to do with that. They simply took an idea and made it into their own. Sure it looks alike but they are not trying to pass it off as a Nike or a Jordan. Same goes for Bapes and Greedy Genius. They have a close similarity to air force ones but they do not try to pass it off as Nikes.
You are just being silly and not actually thinking.
It's like saying that no one can make a full zip hoody except for Bape since they did it "first."
January 3, 2008 @ 02:50 PM

^^agreed

they are simply mimicking the design...and the design isn't exact either. They just took the basic design of the upper and flipped it into their own. Peronsally I think these are nice. They take the classic look of Jordan that we've all come to love, but made it slightly more grown. These are kicks I would rock to a bar and not feel ghetto.....
January 3, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
thunderchunk69

Nah, you are just being dumb. Fakes and variants are exactly that because they try to pass off their product as being an authentic brand. Gourmet has nothing to do with that. They simply took an idea and made it into their own. Sure it looks alike but they are not trying to pass it off as a Nike or a Jordan. Same goes for Bapes and Greedy Genius. They have a close similarity to air force ones but they do not try to pass it off as Nikes.
You are just being silly and not actually thinking.
It's like saying that no one can make a full zip hoody except for Bape since they did it "first."

I'd agree, if it was proven to me that they didn't goto the same factory and used the same materials(since there have been canvas variant 7s for close to a year).
Do you have proof other than the names tied to the brand, is that even proof?
Until then you're making an assumption and I'm just asking a question. Which is dumber?
>sad
January 4, 2008 @ 08:17 AM
nick

I'd agree, if it was proven to me that they didn't goto the same factory and used the same materials(since there have been canvas variant 7s for close to a year).
Do you have proof other than the names tied to the brand, is that even proof?
Until then you're making an assumption and I'm just asking a question. Which is dumber?
>sad

The "question" you are asking is what is dumb even though I have yet to see you ask an actual question. In your previous responses you said you were making a statement.
However, the style alone proves that they are not variants of a jordan. They have different specs and details from that of a jordan so there goes your whole argument.
I mean you can keep on trying to go around in a circle here but the point is that they took a basic idea and created it into something of their own.
January 4, 2008 @ 01:35 PM
thunderchunk69

The "question" you are asking is what is dumb even though I have yet to see you ask an actual question. In your previous responses you said you were making a statement.
However, the style alone proves that they are not variants of a jordan. They have different specs and details from that of a jordan so there goes your whole argument.
I mean you can keep on trying to go around in a circle here but the point is that they took a basic idea and created it into something of their own.

The only different specs and details are the soles and the poorly stitched tag, I have held them and seen them in person, which makes me ask the question I asked previously, "did they simply just contact (AND SUPPORT) Jordan Variant makers"?

And I realize I have disrupted the flock of sheep on HB, sorry store/brand owners/employees, I'll keep thoughts to myself next time, I'm not trying to disrupt anyones cashflow I'm just used to actually asking questions and coming forth with information on messageboards, unlike Hypebeast which is obviously divided into the shepards and sheep.

Just drop another "industry name" and you'll be able to have their attention again.

EDITED TO ADD A QUESTION MARK SO IT WOULDN'T BE MISSED THIS TIME
January 4, 2008 @ 02:35 PM
dollabill

the new colors are sweet as fuck sonn! cool

co-signage to the max

android users get on g+

January 4, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
nick

The only different specs and details are the soles and the poorly stitched tag, I have held them and seen them in person, which makes me ask the question I asked previously, "did they simply just contact (AND SUPPORT) Jordan Variant makers"?

And I realize I have disrupted the flock of sheep on HB, sorry store/brand owners/employees, I'll keep thoughts to myself next time, I'm not trying to disrupt anyones cashflow I'm just used to actually asking questions and coming forth with information on messageboards, unlike Hypebeast which is obviously divided into the shepards and sheep.

Just drop another "industry name" and you'll be able to have their attention again.

EDITED TO ADD A QUESTION MARK SO IT WOULDN'T BE MISSED THIS TIME

But that is the thing, they aren't exactly the same. If you are going to say that they contacted the variant makers they would have to be exactly the same in every way (even with disregard to the sole). And this is not the case so that answers your question right there. And for proof, check out the new pics of some of the upcoming shoes and you can clearly see the difference.

And again, I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as the whole industry crap goes. I'm just another kid here on the messageboard that happens to think most of this stuff is stupid anyway. I just pointed out that your thoughts are flawed.
January 4, 2008 @ 04:39 PM
pfortades

I live in LA. any store in LA carry gourmet?

http://www.pfotography.tumblr.com

January 4, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
thunderchunk69

But that is the thing, they aren't exactly the same. If you are going to say that they contacted the variant makers they would have to be exactly the same in every way (even with disregard to the sole). And this is not the case so that answers your question right there. And for proof, check out the new pics of some of the upcoming shoes and you can clearly see the difference.

And again, I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as the whole industry crap goes. I'm just another kid here on the messageboard that happens to think most of this stuff is stupid anyway. I just pointed out that your thoughts are flawed.

For the last time, it was a question, a question I'm surprised no one else is asking before putting $150 down.
THAT IS ALL.
Of course I can be wrong, that would actually be the best case scenario.
January 4, 2008 @ 05:13 PM
Alicks

How do the gourmets fit?
January 4, 2008 @ 05:38 PM
nick

For the last time, it was a question, a question I'm surprised no one else is asking before putting $150 down.
THAT IS ALL.
Of course I can be wrong, that would actually be the best case scenario.

And I answered your question, based on their appearance they are not made from "variant" factories.

How do the gourmets fit?

I've heard that they are running a tad bit big. You could go with your normal size or possibly be fine in a half size smaller.
January 4, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
YoungAce816

How do the gourmets fit?
They fit a little on the big size. We still have some in our store, but they are going fast.
January 4, 2008 @ 07:40 PM
Citizen-16657

We still have some left also. if you want some feel free to hit us up. a lot of people have been impressed with the product in our area.
January 5, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
Dany Yamz

And I answered your question, based on their appearance they are not made from "variant" factories.

Ok I just wondered after reading this part. What about the appearance makes it seem "not made from "variant" factories" because(This coming from someone who doesn't know the cost of producing a shoe) I always figured a that the type of sole in question & canvas body was cheaper than what a lot of companies use. Based on the fact that more value minded brands use those materials(Skippy's & the like)
January 5, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
ThePepperSkull

any of you guys carrying these have them in a 13?
January 5, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
hypism

Would wearing black Gourmets with black APC's be too much black. Can't decide which color to get.
January 5, 2008 @ 03:39 AM
arphilippe

Wow some of the new colors also got new designs and some look wack at first glance confused

sans-coeur.com

January 5, 2008 @ 10:16 AM
YoungAce816

any of you guys carrying these have them in a 13?

They do not make 13's, I am a 13 and can fit in there 12's.
January 5, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
YoungAce816

Would wearing black Gourmets with black APC's be too much black. Can't decide which color to get.
I would rock it all black like that. The Gray would like nice too though with the right fit.
January 5, 2008 @ 06:16 PM
fang

just felt the gourmets in person @ undftd. quality is shit for their asking price(even though it is quite "cheap" in terms of the average sneaker buyer's wallet). it definitely LOOKS cool but feels like garbage.
January 5, 2008 @ 07:07 PM
Del

really?^
i thought they were pretty comfy
January 5, 2008 @ 11:32 PM
STNDRD

i want the 13s, are there any out now or only in summer?

Please login first to reply.