David "DMWalking" Rosado Tackles the Tough Questions in Life

April 14, 2009 @ 02:12:29
April 14, 2009 @ 02:15:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YasO5-hnIkU

one of eminem's best verses ever. back when he was dope.
April 14, 2009 @ 02:19:54
idc, i like thirstin howl....master fuol was whatever...his energy was comedic...they were always dope together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnf2OS7AoY
April 14, 2009 @ 02:23:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2yxipOxxPY&feature=related

i wish ralphy would bring back that old vibe to his stuff...i mean, not the whole line of course, but bring back that dope polo sport vibe man. It was so fly.
April 14, 2009 @ 02:27:43
April 14, 2009 @ 02:28:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S07Q1yKLMkE


I think this was the specific song that made me realize that OB4CL was amazing...
April 14, 2009 @ 02:29:16
April 14, 2009 @ 02:29:53
oops...double post.
April 14, 2009 @ 02:31:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxDIY5sR1-E


something about this song makes me feel like a g
April 14, 2009 @ 02:38:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtCdpvJ3UMg&feature=PlayList&p=519E60455018FC3C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=61

I like this dude...just cuz, i mean, dude has that normal street dude vibe...none of this unrealistic, "I move more keys than a locksmith" type nigggas....feds woulda knocked you a long time ago if it was like that. I Like Sean P
April 14, 2009 @ 02:43:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibfK4qMKoA&feature=related


idgaf what the clubs is poppin....this is hip hop...


I was thinking about what hip hop was/is. For the longest i'd be like, man, it may suck, but it's ALL hip hop....now i'm like, nah....hip hop was what we made it, not what the media/industry made it. What we have now is hip hop's slutty twin sister. So it looks like her, sounds like her, but when you f*ck with it, it doesn't feel the same...why? cuz it's not really hip hop. Industry rap is hip hop's slutty twin sister.

That's how I feel about it.
April 14, 2009 @ 02:48:42
April 14, 2009 @ 02:51:51
awesome story telling track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks8utuCOINs
April 14, 2009 @ 02:57:24
another great story telling track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZnmnj5cjA
April 14, 2009 @ 03:12:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygAu1x2uQo


i know she's a drug addict, but man, I love her voice...
April 14, 2009 @ 03:51:00
April 14, 2009 @ 17:58:23
^^^^ I would delete you if I could. LOL

BTW, my boy posted this and it took me back man. The video is so dope the way they recorded it doing everything backward and then played it in reverse.....so dolp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0
April 14, 2009 @ 18:12:05
Grave digging but this is the girl i hooked up with, if you remember me asking how to pull off a tall chick.
April 15, 2009 @ 01:43:20
Grave digging but this is the girl i hooked up with, if you remember me asking how to pull off a tall chick.


well done sir.
April 15, 2009 @ 02:15:33
idc, i like thirstin howl....master fuol was whatever...his energy was comedic...they were always dope together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnf2OS7AoY


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2yxipOxxPY&feature=related

i wish ralphy would bring back that old vibe to his stuff...i mean, not the whole line of course, but bring back that dope polo sport vibe man. It was so fly.


smokeyface Thistin howl AND old 'lo ftw.
April 15, 2009 @ 02:21:47
DAY-vid or Dah-VEED?
April 15, 2009 @ 02:31:44
DAY-vid or Dah-VEED?


both...depends on what language you're speaking.
April 15, 2009 @ 02:32:08
April 15, 2009 @ 02:48:12
Qigong, the magic this person is using in the video, has been proven time and time again to be illusion and slight of hand by skeptics who research this method. Setting fire out of "nothing" has been debunked as well as other things. The medicinal properties that his Qigong has demonstrated, however, are real to some extent, as they do cure various ailments, but the explaination are almost always scientific and not supernatural.

With that in mind, I have a question. Seeing as very secluded areas in the world have varying belief systems about everything in contrast to the more globalized and so called "Modern" societies, do you view them as "primitive" or less sophisticated? By primitive or less sophisticated, I mean to ask if you think that these traditions and way of life are so outdated to the point that they could be abandoned for new ways and be extinct in a few years time or if you believe that such belief systems will remain in these societies and communities as science and technology advances or gets introduced?

Also, do you think it matters? In some areas or the Phillippines (Very close regionally to java, Indonesia, where that man in the video was from), Christianity is practiced very differently than in North America, and has become more of a mix of Christian faith with old Phillippine white magic tradition, complete with amulets that people believe to hold supernatural capabilities: before through the power of white magic, but in recent centuries the belief has changed that these same amulets have gained their powers through prayer to various saints and God. Do you think it detracts from your faith as a Christian or perverts it in some way, or do you think that this is merely a small/minute aspect changed in order to better accomodate the Christian belief in its essence to a new culture?

Long post, but I hope you'll enjoy answering it :D

EDIT: Here's a picture of a man wearing various Christian "Anting-Anting", or amulets. These are imbued with magic or supernatural qualities from its owner by praying to God (or jesus, or Mary, who is a very common subject of prayer as catholiciam is the basis for christianity in the Phillippines) constantly in order to bless the object. The belief is that the object itself has no power and that the faith of its owner "charges" it, if you will.



EDIT 2:

a bigger picture. This one is an Anting-Anting of Jesus



Is this idol worship like in the golden calf story or do you believe it's a conduit for legitimate christian prayer and meditation?
April 15, 2009 @ 03:08:50
April 15, 2009 @ 03:35:34
Qigong, the magic this person is using in the video, has been proven time and time again to be illusion and slight of hand by skeptics who research this method. Setting fire out of "nothing" has been debunked as well as other things. The medicinal properties that his Qigong has demonstrated, however, are real to some extent, as they do cure various ailments, but the explaination are almost always scientific and not supernatural.


were those scientists bought? Seemed pretty cool either way.

Originally posted by Inactive User
With that in mind, I have a question. Seeing as very secluded areas in the world have varying belief systems about everything in contrast to the more globalized and so called "Modern" societies, do you view them as "primitive" or less sophisticated? By primitive or less sophisticated, I mean to ask if you think that these traditions and way of life are so outdated to the point that they could be abandoned for new ways and be extinct in a few years time or if you believe that such belief systems will remain in these societies and communities as science and technology advances or gets introduced?


I believe that all religions are primitive by definition and I predict that all religions will become extinct temporarily.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Also, do you think it matters? In some areas or the Phillippines (Very close regionally to java, Indonesia, where that man in the video was from), Christianity is practiced very differently than in North America, and has become more of a mix of Christian faith with old Phillippine white magic tradition, complete with amulets that people believe to hold supernatural capabilities: before through the power of white magic, but in recent centuries the belief has changed that these same amulets have gained their powers through prayer to various saints and God. Do you think it detracts from your faith as a Christian or perverts it in some way, or do you think that this is merely a small/minute aspect changed in order to better accomodate the Christian belief in its essence to a new culture?

Long post, but I hope you'll enjoy answering it :D


If you're a Christian, you're to be conformed to the scripture, not conform the scripture to yourself. No graven images. No excuses.

Originally posted by Inactive User
EDIT: Here's a picture of a man wearing various Christian "Anting-Anting", or amulets. These are imbued with magic or supernatural qualities from its owner by praying to God (or jesus, or Mary, who is a very common subject of prayer as catholiciam is the basis for christianity in the Phillippines) constantly in order to bless the object. The belief is that the object itself has no power and that the faith of its owner "charges" it, if you will.


Catholicism shouldn't be lumped together with Christianity imo. The bible also makes mention how all graven images are dead and have no power. For them to believe that blessing them gives them some sort of power is anti biblical. But that's the lovely thing about catholocism...the regular man is not allowed to read the bible for themselves in their own language. Awesome, so they're pretty much at the mercy of the pope's interpretation.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Is this idol worship like in the golden calf story or do you believe it's a conduit for legitimate christian prayer and meditation?


Not intentionally. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're genuine in their attempts to please who they believe God is...but it's still idol worship if we take the word worship for it's proper definition.
April 15, 2009 @ 03:36:07
April 15, 2009 @ 03:51:16
Catholicism shouldn't be lumped together with Christianity imo. The bible also makes mention how all graven images are dead and have no power. For them to believe that blessing them gives them some sort of power is anti biblical. But that's the lovely thing about catholocism...the regular man is not allowed to read the bible for themselves in their own language. Awesome, so they're pretty much at the mercy of the pope's interpretation.


Well, The bible is openly read nowadays by catholics both here and in the phillippines so I don't where you're getting at with this part of the post. Maybe a reference to the past when scripture was read aloud to the masses in Latin, which was and still is unintelligible ballble because it's not a language anyone speaks haha.

As for the rest of the post, I find your insight very interesting. I don't believe in anting-anting (although I do find it fascinating and I have a collection of them, although the ones I have are considered blanks. I'm not catholic or christian and nor do I believe in phillippine white magic so imbuing them with powers is a moot point. It's the cultural aspect of it that captivates me) but I can see where they're coming from. I can also see where you're coming from though, and this leads me to my next question:

What defines religion? Is it religious text? Is it tradition that has come along with the religion? You said that (and I agree, but I just would like to see your reasoning) I should not lump Catholocism and Chritianity together, but I implied so in part because they share the same religious text. In their essence, what differentiates one from the other (aside from the Pope)? Are they different paths to the same goal or are they completely different entities altogether? The same question applies with all religion as well.

PS: I love getting the Christian perspective on things. It's all very fascinating to me. I was raised catholic (not a catholic as of now, though), and I can immediately spot the differences in philosophy. I'll post up my observations after I get your feedback on these questions.

EDIT: and to be a little lighter in subject, I have another question.

Was there anything that made you go apeshit crazy as a kid? something that held your attention and kept you captivated and even to this day at least gets some of your attention when it;s mentioned? A toy, a movie, anything?

For example; I'm always reminded of my childhood when I listen to The Pharcyde and I used to go batshit crazy for Star Wars as a little one. Those yellow letters scrolling up screen still give me goosebumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgmR5YHM2k
April 15, 2009 @ 04:06:54
Well, The bible is openly read nowadays by catholics both here and in the phillippines so I don't where you're getting at with this part of the post. Maybe a reference to the past when scripture was read aloud to the masses in Latin, which was and still is unintelligible ballble because it's not a language anyone speaks haha.


my mistake...I'm only aware of what I'm aware of and the catholics I know are forbidden from reading the scriptures on their own.

Originally posted by Inactive User
As for the rest of the post, I find your insight very interesting. I don't believe in anting-anting (although I do find it fascinating and I have a collection of them, although the ones I have are considered blanks. I'm not catholic or christian and nor do I believe in phillippine white magic so imbuing them with powers is a moot point. It's the cultural aspect of it that captivates me) but I can see where they're coming from. I can also see where you're coming from though, and this leads me to my next question:

What defines religion? Is it religious text? Is it tradition that has come along with the religion? You said that (and I agree, but I just would like to see your reasoning) I should not lump Catholocism and Chritianity together, but I implied so in part because they share the same religious text. In their essence, what differentiates one from the other (aside from the Pope)? Are they different paths to the same goal or are they completely different entities altogether? The same question applies with all religion as well.


By definition religion can be anything that a number of people believe in. You can make anything religion. Science is a religion. Catholicism, Mormon, etc.

What defines the Christian faith is the bible. If your beliefs do not line up, then according to the book that you claim to believe in, you're not a Christian.

What separates Protestant Christians from Catholics is and adherence to scripture. We share a similar text. They have books that are not accepted by Protestants. But aside from that, they believe in a works based salvation in which you earn your way to heaven. That is anti biblical seeing how the bible says it's by grace through faith...not by works....that a man is saved.

Unfortunately, Catholics also have given the Pope higher authority than the scriptures and whatever the Pope declares is considered divine and just as good as scripture even if it contradicts scripture. It is an inconsistent religion. And again, the very book that they claim to believe denounces them as not being true fruit of the vine (ie not Christian).

And I'm not catholic bashing. I'll bash anyone who claims Christianity and yet denies the authority of scripture in their lives or twists scripture to fit them and not vise versa.
April 15, 2009 @ 04:17:22
EDIT: and to be a little lighter in subject, I have another question.

Was there anything that made you go apeshit crazy as a kid? something that held your attention and kept you captivated and even to this day at least gets some of your attention when it;s mentioned? A toy, a movie, anything?

For example; I'm always reminded of my childhood when I listen to The Pharcyde and I used to go batshit crazy for Star Wars as a little one. Those yellow letters scrolling up screen still give me goosebumps:


Van Damme movies....i used to draw fight scenes when I was a kid...re enact fight scenes with my friends and cousins. Chow yun fat/John woo hong kong flicks!

Silver hawks, he man, thundercats, gi joe, voltron, MASK, transformers.

Vintage polo sport. Man, just scrolling through flicks of it just makes my heart flutter. I remember my uncle (cuz I didn't have any brothers growing up) in the mid 90's would stay dipped in lo all day....crispy Caesar cut..heavy gold chain...it was such a fly time back then. A masculine time. A time full of real swagger....none of this myspace face peace sign taking my own picture with my favorite outfit swagger...genuine, niiiggas look at me and either admire, or hate because I'm being admired, swagger. Back when it was actually in style to be a hood dude and still be intelligent beyond the block.

Sorry, I was reminiscing.
Please login first to reply.
x