Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 26, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
go0seMUFC

All started with this article I found through Yelp:

www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/fashion/26eaglerock.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&%2359;8dpc&

I know some of you are from this area and I wanna know how this has affected you guys personally or how the opening of these new stores has influenced where you hang out, what music you listen to, what you eat, anything and everything. I heard something similar was going to happen. or began to happen in the San Fernando Valley. The city of North Hollywood to be more specific. They have opened bars, restaurants, small boutiques along with condos and shit. This is all by the end of the Metro Red Line around Lankershim and Magnolia. This was supposed to expand to the whole Van Nuys area on Van Nuys and Vanowen, I'd say the heart of the latin soul in the valley. They even closed down a couple of shops I would frequent on Laurel Canyon and Victory. It sounds like a cool idea and all, but property prices would sky rocket along with the rent. And with hard times along the way, I don't think the lower, working-class would appreciate such a rapid change. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way then now. I mean, North Hollywood got much safer as the years passed. It's pretty chill and if you wanna go out and have a good time, there are plenty of places you can drive you that aren't very far at all. Shit, there's even a Metro Line that can hook you up to all these places for a minimal cost. So how do you guys feel about the area you currently reside, and how will change affect you and those around you?
February 26, 2009 @ 02:32 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

one word: Harlem

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

February 26, 2009 @ 03:42 PM
FreshAddict

a few words: Parkdale & Regent Park

fixed.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:05 AM
JKISSI

one word: The Bronx

more like it like ant said.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
!OhYesHeDid!

I dont like it. Especially in my neighborhood.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
Joao.

fixed.

Grew up on Jameson Ave. Head over time too time too visit family. Still nothing but shit, rampid poverty, influx of immigrants (I am first generation, so I'm obviously not against it), gangs, etc. I've been saying for years they should tear down everything, I know it sounds harsh, but it is declining so much. You head 5 minutes down Queen West and you got brand new condo's, nice new neighbourhoods, parkdale is shit atm
February 27, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

In Maryland the hospital known as Johns Hopkins a.k.a Umbrella Corporation damn near has bought out public living in southeast baltimore city for more land to develop their their world wide agenda

Please login first to reply.