Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 4, 2006 @ 08:14 AM
yimmy

Ok so me and my brother are planning a world trip at the end of the year and I wanna hit up either Singapore, HK or Tokyo. Maybe 2 of the 3?

What I wanna know is which is best for shopping? Food? Sightseeing? How expensive is tokyo cause I hear so many different opinions.

Any help would be awsome

smile
March 4, 2006 @ 08:42 AM
CAtoNY

Tokyo and HK for shopping. Tokyo and Singapore for nightlife. Any of them for good food.
March 4, 2006 @ 01:25 PM

Inactive

night life i prefer HK.. everything doesnt close..well till like after 2 AM. and still theres loada ppl on the streets haha. yeah rest i agree wid Catony
March 4, 2006 @ 07:30 PM
Chopstickz

Tokyo > HK > Singapore in that order ;)
March 5, 2006 @ 01:16 AM
L. Ruano

note: tokyo has the most expensive living rate in the world just letting u know
March 5, 2006 @ 07:27 AM
yimmy

I found this cool place where you can stay in 'capsules' for like 4,000 Yen a night right near tokyo... so I think its a mos def.
March 5, 2006 @ 07:34 AM

Inactive

hahha capsules? got pics?
March 5, 2006 @ 10:54 AM
yimmy

reading on it more, Im becoming a little scepticle.. (spellingconfused

www.economist.com/cities/displayobject.cfm?obj_id=2380890&city_id=TK
March 5, 2006 @ 01:48 PM
Tiffany Chan

off-subject

yimmy whats those for dunk highs? is it a SB line?
March 5, 2006 @ 05:06 PM

Inactive

haha capsules hotel.. must go!!
March 5, 2006 @ 05:28 PM
yimmy

Nah they're customs by Insa

http://insaland.com/blog/
March 10, 2006 @ 06:41 AM

Inactive

singapore for food and more authentic stuff.
March 11, 2006 @ 02:47 PM
qeemon

i'm going to hk and tokyo in november!!! if ya there we can meet up and chill
November 4, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
funaki619

i slept in a capsule hotel in tokyo. do it its a good experience
November 5, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
Beez

good luck with tokyo, really expensive. only had a stop over here but food for 2 was like almost 80 in USD for two people at a hotel.

hk is a dope city, been there. very fun to explore. if you go visit take a ferry to maccao, you won't regret.

singapore, haven't gone yet but i know it's one of the cleanest places ever.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

November 5, 2009 @ 01:35 AM
Ledger

I found this cool place where you can stay in 'capsules' for like 4,000 Yen a night right near tokyo... so I think its a mos def.

Most capsule hotels don't allow foreigners to stay for long periods. Anyway there isn't a reservation system with them, everyone packs up before midday, then at a certain time they re-open just in time for the salarymen to miss their trains and need a bed for the night. I used one after a big night in Shibuya, being 6ft 4, shit was mad claustrophobic - can't recommend it at all.

If you do Tokyo, you're gonna need a LOT of time there to really explore the city; not to mention a fair bit of cash. Very average hotels are around the $1K USD for 7 nights, basic small room with nothing extra.

Out of your list, I would skip Singapore, instead focus more on Tokyo + HK (with a trip to Macau).
November 5, 2009 @ 02:18 AM
CONQ

Hit all three, stay in hostels and make the most of it.. serious, you won't regret this plan if you want to see the world
November 5, 2009 @ 04:22 AM
AW

03-04-2006, 06:14 AM

why do people like to grave dig?

edit:
is there a site for finding hostels/reviews?? (just for future reference)
November 5, 2009 @ 05:30 AM
VANCITY

Most capsule hotels don't allow foreigners to stay for long periods. Anyway there isn't a reservation system with them, everyone packs up before midday, then at a certain time they re-open just in time for the salarymen to miss their trains and need a bed for the night. I used one after a big night in Shibuya, being 6ft 4, shit was mad claustrophobic - can't recommend it at all.

If you do Tokyo, you're gonna need a LOT of time there to really explore the city; not to mention a fair bit of cash. Very average hotels are around the $1K USD for 7 nights, basic small room with nothing extra.

Out of your list, I would skip Singapore, instead focus more on Tokyo + HK (with a trip to Macau).

did they call you a gai-jin
November 5, 2009 @ 05:33 AM
Yom

03-04-2006, 06:14 AM

why do people like to grave dig?

edit:
is there a site for finding hostels/reviews?? (just for future reference)

http://japaneseinngroup.com/

pow

www.nagoyayom.com

November 5, 2009 @ 06:00 AM
clutchin.

helgen.
November 5, 2009 @ 12:56 PM

in august/sept, i went to both hong kong and tokyo. the trip was amazing. i loved both cities. theres definitely a good nightlife in both cities. in hong kong there are way more ways to get home than tokyo. Tokyo if u like to go out and such, i suggest u stay in the shinjuku district. the nightlife there is amazing. shoppingwise both cities are great, but make sure u do enough homework ( such as locating all the shops u wanna go) before going on ur trip. trvaeling in tokyo would be quite confusing especially taking the train. just make sure u find out more about the city railway maps, or else its really easy to get lost.

both cities have amazing food. make sure when ur in tokyo try their cold udon, their curry and rice, japanese style fried pork and rice, and of couse the conveyor belt style sushi bars. Even their wendy's and mcdonalds is worth trying cause it has all sorts of different items that are not on the american menu. in hong kong, every possible kind of food is available. just make sure u kno where to look. u should definitely try the buffets at the 5 star hotels in hong kong. the most famous one is the one in the shang gra la hotel. the buffets are amazing, and have fresh oysters and lobsters to choose from.
November 5, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
Beez

You must have been one of the few people who've been hustled then, because I never paid more than $10 for a meal.

dawg wsup with you hating? every reply i've gotten from you been negative. it's annoying.

good for you that you paid no more than $10 but I FRIGGIN SAID I HAD A STOP OVER FLIGHT IN TOKYO AND STAYED AT A HOTEL so of course it's going to be expensive? plus you don't know where i was or what i ordered. and don't tell me Tokyo isn't expensive because that'd be BS, fall back on that one man and lighten up I don't care who you are damn.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.