Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 28, 2009 @ 08:13 PM
dhunda1

I'm really torn between northeastern in Boston and Fordham in the bronx so lets voice our opinions guys based on city life, night life, events...etc.
January 28, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
pnsho

This should be in the high school discussion thread, but whatever.

I don't know much about Northeastern, but I've visited BC and Harvard. I liked both and the city overall. Harvard Square is especially nice.

And Fordham, you have the city in your hands. If you do choose Fordham, I'll probably see you there.
January 28, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
Crooksdakix

new york wins for events,parties, night life.
but boston is the mecca of college education after oxford and some others.
fordham is a great institute dont get me wrong

so it depends what your really goin to school for.
boston does have a night life, and being a college student it's easy to find parties.

if your goin for the streetwear scene then obv New york.

p.s.
boston sports own.
if you need someone to root for
January 28, 2009 @ 08:31 PM
koedog.

wow those are both schools i really wanted to go to lol

well i would pick fordham because of the city life, but northeastern has alotttt of kids and probably so many parties

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

January 28, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
JIBBA

dood go to northeastern. first the school is amazing and is surrounded by a ton of other schools so theres a shit load of college kids. Plus northeastern has insanely hot girls all over the place and there is just a retarded amount of parties in/around the area every night because of all the college kids. and boston is just a better place than ny. and like crooks said boston sports are fuckin insane so if you like baseball, baseketball or hockey your fucken set.

so i mean its up to you but i would say go with northeastern.

I'm not talking about dance lessons. I'm talking about putting a brick through the other guy's windshield.

January 28, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
sargasm

I'm thinking something similar to this, but it's Northeastern and University of Oregon.
January 28, 2009 @ 09:06 PM
only cure

eh college in the bronx is not the way to go
its all about soho

just a quick train ride away

http://omgadamho.tumblr.com/ http://cargocollective.com/adamho

January 28, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
randomgrandeur

Boston is a great city to go to college in. I've been here for the past 4.5 years, have my degree and live right outside the city. It's been a great time. I love visiting NYC, but I can imagine going to school there to be overwhelming for a first-year student.

The only downsides I would foresee for you would be:
--Everything shuts down at 2AM, which means you need to be on the "T", in a cab or in your car at around 1AM.
--Did I mention the cab fare here is ridiculous? A ride from BC to Harvard Ave will cost me $13-$20. If you know how close the two are, you'd want to stab a knee. Get yourself a Charlie Card and a monthly pass and call it a day.
--The people...stop...the locals are annoying sometimes.
--If you're not a fan of the teams, the locals are even more annoying. They whine when they win. They whine when they lose. It's absolutely ridiculous.
--Drivers here = fucking awful.
--The accent is ass. How hard is it to pronounce "R"s?
--Being harassed in downtown crossing by dudes selling CD-Rs of their wack rap group.
--It's absolutely dead in the summertime since most college kids leave.

Other than that, the environment is filled with mad college students so you're always bound to meet someone in the same age group.
January 28, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
SBJmarT

I go to northeastern, its fuckin awesome man. you dont even need to go off campus for parties and shit, at most some people live in mission hill off of huntington ave, thats 5 minutes away and you can walk back to your dorm. great education too
January 28, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
zangetsu13

Fordham...the Bronx is developing, much to do around the area...and the city is a quick ride downtown.Plus i peeped a few Fordham shorties....they Aight, no let downs!
January 28, 2009 @ 09:30 PM
pnsho

--Everything shuts down at 2AM, which means you need to be on the "T", in a cab or in your car at around 1AM.
--Did I mention the cab fare here is ridiculous? A ride from BC to Harvard Ave will cost me $13-$20. If you know how close the two are, you'd want to stab a knee. Get yourself a Charlie Card and a monthly pass and call it a day.

If you go to Fordham:

-- NYC never sleeps.
-- Subways aren't expensive. If you're broke, just hop and hope no NYPDicks see you.
January 28, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
cs02132

Boston is a great city to go to college in. I've been here for the past 4.5 years, have my degree and live right outside the city. It's been a great time. I love visiting NYC, but I can imagine going to school there to be overwhelming for a first-year student.

--The people...stop...the locals are annoying sometimes.
--If you're not a fan of the teams, the locals are even more annoying. They whine when they win. They whine when they lose. It's absolutely ridiculous.
--Being harassed in downtown crossing by dudes selling CD-Rs of their wack rap group.

Other than that, the environment is filled with mad college students so you're always bound to meet someone in the same age group.

LOL everything he said is true. i love boston though. if you learn to drive here you can drive anywhere.

we hate yuppies so you better not act like one
January 28, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
blunt_trauma

i go to school in boston.... and its pretty dope i guess alotta college kids everywhere.... new york is a much better city though... and the northeastern freshmen dorms areeee shiiit
January 28, 2009 @ 10:25 PM
The Main Event

NYC is definitely the better city, but I hated Fordham when I visited it.
January 28, 2009 @ 11:04 PM
McTease

You post on Hypebeast and you're asking which city would be better?
This can't be a real question.
January 28, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
RyanFBaby.

boston ftw...my boy goes to North Eastern and i visited him there and man is that place fucking bomb...and thats coming from a dude from NYC...fordham is in the BX where there aint shit poppin, youll have to travel in to manhattan every night whereas NE is right in the heart of the city
January 28, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
RyanFBaby.

and the northeastern freshmen dorms areeee shiiit

truth but once you move up in U status, the dorms get pretty nice, and if youre honors you get nice dorms from the start
January 28, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
JIBBA

^ see even ryan is sayin northeaster and he's a nyc kid so thats gotta say somethin.

I'm not talking about dance lessons. I'm talking about putting a brick through the other guy's windshield.

January 29, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
tommyroks

how u gona compare boston to nyc? its like comparing old navy to lv.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:32 PM
orucker

I was between Fordham LC and Boston University. Im from north jersey but my parents are lazy enough that NYC was too much of a hassle to be around all the time.

I was gonna write a long response but basically, I chose BU and have no regrets. But new york as a city was is the best in the country. let me know if you have any want to know anything speciific about Boston.

O yea, NE is generally a 5 year school which is a bigger plus than you think.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:36 PM
orucker

and the streetwear scene in boston is growing btw. Bodega, Laced and Concepts are solid. Karmaloop sucks in my opinion but its there and since the trends are moving to higher end stores and labels and Boston is all new money so thats easy to find. my favorite vans i found at barneys in copley.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:44 PM
orucker

--The people...stop...the locals are annoying always.

I was too lazy to read at first but this is dead on. and to the 2 am shut down time, it just means you start drinking earlier and have more time to have "afterparties" at your house/dorm with whatever girls you meet/know
January 29, 2009 @ 12:56 PM
UGH.

eh college in the bronx is not the way to go
its all about soho

razz
we are talking about education here
fordham is a great private institution &
even though youre still in the city
its less expensive than other boroughs
theres always something to do in NYC
good luck
January 29, 2009 @ 01:10 PM
owensA

LOL everything he said is true. i love boston though. if you learn to drive here you can drive anywhere.

we hate yuppies so you better not act like one

I went to school in Boston (BU) and enjoyed it, it's very expensive even living in Allston, a "cheap" student neighborhood (I come from Philly where beer, food, rent is dirt cheap tho so it's all relative) but NYC even more so. Boston's got plenty of yuppies though esp. downtown (see Newbury st), I mean Boston isn't a working class city, it's got a bunch of yuppies, preppies, etc, not sure what you're talking about.

And FYI, Boston College is not in Boston incase your confused by whoever posted bout that, it's a few miles outside, and really Boston cab fare is average, prolly damn near the same rates as NYC
January 29, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
orucker

OwensA, whend you graduate?

Please login first to reply.