Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
January 15, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
t( ' ' )t

^ ROFL

but its chill ive seen Nuguz call like white kids and pinoys and mexicans N!@&#

then they start arguin bout how oprah tells em to lay off and he talks bout biggie and 2pac
January 15, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
!OhYesHeDid!

I call my teachers niigga, they hate it but fuck them

Damn son you call your professors niiggas? Shoot I use to drop bombs in lunch and mad teachers would be down my throat. I went to an all white high school my last 2 years of high school so they was like mad shocked by me.
January 15, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
TheCityOfChi

im white so i dont use it, but pretty much all of my freinds use it openly and refer to me as a ***** lol
January 15, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
internet

black people are marginalized in America. People nowadays like to confuse "racism" with "bigotry". Those are two different things, the differences are subtle but they're definitely existent.

Truer words never spoken. I've heard few actual black racists in my time. I must say that most people confuse bigotry as racism these days.

As a white person the "N word" makes me super uncomfortable when I hear it dropped in the middle of a conversation or casually. Doesn't bother me that much in music but herein lies the problem. Society can't rid a word that has been so popularized and misconstrued.
January 15, 2009 @ 11:33 PM
JKISSI

Lets end it off with this for the little ignorance in this thread

nice little thing we had going on here

im out i love all you niggas lol

peace and love :d
January 15, 2009 @ 11:35 PM
Jim Jardashian

JKISSI single handedly abolished slavery.
January 15, 2009 @ 11:35 PM
TerenDelvonJones

are they praying, high fiving, or is it just a person with a strange birth defect?
January 15, 2009 @ 11:40 PM
TwiggyDig

Lets end it off with this for the little ignorance in this thread

nice little thing we had going on here

peace and love :d

cosign jkissi. peace and love son
January 15, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
internet

As a white person I don't know how to properly respond to this.

That's my generic response to when someone calls me the "n word".
January 15, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
minusind

jkissi wakes up to a cup of whole milk and a cup of chocolate milk every morning
January 15, 2009 @ 11:57 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

I'm not racist at all and haven't faced much racism towards me so I am not catching feelings. Are you afraid to answer your own question though? Why do you feel you have to use it?

Why can't you answer that?

Also, the "cool" thing came from the point of you saying you could walk up to anyone and say it. You made it sound like you were superior in the sense that you could say it and do that. Believe me I could too, so could anyone in the world, but I wouldn't because I'm respectful of how others feel about the word.

real talk, as a person who says it, i really don't HAVE to say it...it's just part of my language...and i still think white people sound stupid saying it...it's my opinion.

A black comedian could make an entire dvd talking about his disgust for white people, and they will eat it up. IF a white man makes an indirect comment about something, sometimes not even with racist attention, the entire nation shuns him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0xqe9vVSHk

i lol'd
January 16, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
london says

Julian Curry - ******s *****s & *****z

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-UpHlB9no
January 16, 2009 @ 01:45 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

wow that's deep....real talk b....we really should kill that word.
January 16, 2009 @ 01:48 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

related video....lolz....Ethiopian kings lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCeMayUjk&NR=1
January 16, 2009 @ 02:10 AM
london says

yea, the Julian Curry vid is a great piece of spoken word. As for the "N" word, it really shouldn't be used by anyone- especially black people, it really is unfortunate to note the evolution of the word and how it is used. Even in the "common" context, above anything else it carries such baggage- which to me is hard to understand, so ironic. ? thoughts...
January 16, 2009 @ 02:15 AM
Darter

Thank god for this, that was simply amazing. I hope everyone watches this and truly listens to what this man is saying.

Thanks London Says for posting that, all the knowledge that has been dropped on this thread can't come close to how well he drove that message.
January 16, 2009 @ 01:17 PM
karl winslow

Y'all are beating a dead horse. The word will exist forever, good or bad, through thick and thin. Either you embrace it or you die trying to get rid of it.

Also, look at the word like this. Yes, it was originated as a derogatory term against blacks/slaves. Now, the word is EMBRACED by blacks as a term of solidarity, brotherhood, and strength of a people. People from all over the world now want to use it in the same sense, ALMOST erasing its negative pretenses. That's how I look at it, call me an Uncle Tom, I don't give a fuck, I'M A REAL ASS NIGGA
January 16, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
UGH.

Great topic and I applaud you for your responses JKISSI smile
January 16, 2009 @ 03:58 PM
nadu

Damn you beat me to it I was gonna post this i remembered I showed my aunt this last year and she and her friends where all shocked my favorite def jam poetry piece.
January 16, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
london says

Richard Pryor anyone?
January 16, 2009 @ 07:21 PM
Cali Agent

I used the word very loosely prior to a conversation I had with a black friend. And hes a very stand up guy. Runs his own business aspiring entertainer, ect, ect.... As for the useage it gets to him becuase of where the word originated from. And as far as terms of indearment he'd rather not be identified by it but he understands why so many people use it. Ever since then I very seldomly use it. If Im drunk enough maybe but not so much anymore.
January 16, 2009 @ 07:23 PM
Domo

January 16, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
Joao.

wow that's deep....real talk b....we really should kill that word.

That's all it took. Weren't you the same guy who is always talking about how shit is acceptable and it's because you from new york...
January 16, 2009 @ 07:34 PM
kdiddy

Random question, and apologies if this dips away from thes serious tone of this thread, but does anyone call you "Quarterblack"?

I'm 1/4 black, too, and some of my friends jokingly call me "The Quarterblack" and follow it up with a football joke. I think it's random as hell and don't mind it at all because it's funny, just wondering if anyone else hears that shit lol.

Not really, I also have Creole on my dad's side and though I have black and white blood as well, I look more Creole than anything. I usually just say "mostly Creole" if anyone asks what I am. It makes things less complicated, I hate having to explain the same thing over and over. But no, no one's called me that, shit's funny though.
January 16, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

That's all it took. Weren't you the same guy who is always talking about how shit is acceptable and it's because you from new york...

yup...and i still say it...i mean, the video is deep...i should quit...we all shoudl quit...but it's like cigarettes...i been using since i was a kid...it's gonna be hard to quit....that's IF i quit...EDIT...it's also like those videos that vegans show people about how chickens get mistreated before we eat them....but real talk b, i'm a still eat chicken.

and it's still socially acceptable if you live in the tri state.
January 16, 2009 @ 07:53 PM
Joao.

yup...and i still say it...i mean, the video is deep...i should quit...we all shoudl quit...but it's like cigarettes...i been using since i was a kid...it's gonna be hard to quit....that's IF i quit...EDIT...it's also like those videos that vegans show people about how chickens get mistreated before we eat them....but real talk b, i'm a still eat chicken.

and it's still socially acceptable if you live in the tri state.

Not too even bring this up, but...are you black? I could have sworn I saw a post of you saying you were hispanic...
January 16, 2009 @ 07:55 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Not too even bring this up, but...are you black? I could have sworn I saw a post of you saying you were hispanic...

100% puerto rican.
January 16, 2009 @ 08:01 PM
JKISSI

Y'all are beating a dead horse. The word will exist forever, good or bad, through thick and thin. Either you embrace it or you die trying to get rid of it.

Also, look at the word like this. Yes, it was originated as a derogatory term against blacks/slaves. Now, the word is EMBRACED by blacks as a term of solidarity, brotherhood, and strength of a people. People from all over the world now want to use it in the same sense, ALMOST erasing its negative pretenses. That's how I look at it, call me an Uncle Tom, I don't give a fuck, I'M A REAL ASS NIGGA

pretty much.
January 16, 2009 @ 09:12 PM
skool6

IMO, only azns are allowed to use the N word because they piss in your Chinese Food yo!
January 16, 2009 @ 10:59 PM
PepShe

This word.. like many other aspects of the street culture has become an accessory to a portrayed image. Its just said...

granted the word does have history and to those it effected it does have meaning behind it... but to those who just picked it up while rapper the lyrics to their favorite rapper... and gradually merged it with their everyday language.. its an accessory.

and lol to you saying "hb is a diverse place where the "n" word can be discussed" .......

......... :/ not really my ni66a........ |0

Please login first to reply.