Powerful Pictures Thread (stupid replies = infraction)

May 19, 2014 @ 06:57
Dec 17, 2014 @ 22:15

Dec 18, 2014 @ 05:39
Two engineers trapped on top of a burning wind turbine, hug each other. One jumped off, while the other stayed. They were 19 and 21.
man, this is terrifying

ig quinnandres

Dec 19, 2014 @ 16:33
Jan 04, 2015 @ 18:13
Jan 04, 2015 @ 19:08
That is amazing. What's the story behind this?
Jan 04, 2015 @ 19:23
Jan 04, 2015 @ 19:52
REVS
Feb 11, 2015 @ 00:54
Teddy Roosevelt's dairy the day both his wife and mother died. 

Canadian soldier face to face with Mohawk warrior during the Oka Crisis 1990

11 year old who suffers from a brain tumor, donates organs before his death to save others. Doctors bow to the boy in the ICU before his death. His organs saved several lives.

The Washington Monument, unfinished during the civil war due to lack of funding. 

H-Day. The day Sweden switched driving lanes 1967

A south Korean man cries as his brother is on a train back to North Korea. Separated by the war, they have not seen the other since 1950, they were only able to spend 3 days together. 

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

Feb 11, 2015 @ 00:58
Love this thread smokeyface

Aussie Diamond Lifer Instagram/twitter/snapchat : dadonnyd

Feb 11, 2015 @ 06:58
Some of this just breaks my heart
Feb 11, 2015 @ 07:02

1st is Costa Condordia and the 2nd is outside of the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado
REVS
Feb 16, 2015 @ 02:41
Peruvian boy cries after finding his sheep dead from a hit and run driver. 

Castro at the Lincoln Memorial. 

Ali talking down a jumper, 1981. 

REVS
Mar 04, 2015 @ 03:18
Worker standing on an unfinished Golden Gate Bridge, 1935.

Original filming of the crawl of Star Wars

Ali after defeating Liston, becoming the new heavyweight world champion, 1964.

Carlee Soto, receiving the news of her sister Victoria's death during the Sandy Hook shootings. 

An expectant Sharon Tate holding baby socks shortly before the Manson murder spree. 

Starving Sudanese child stalked by a vulture 

George Rockwell with members of the American Nazi Party at Malcolm X's speech to black Muslims at the International Amphitheater in Chicago

Mar 05, 2015 @ 10:47

A deer caught in a tree when desperately trying to flee from a forest fire. 

Resting on a frozen lake. Mongolia.

A Confederate soldier using a slave as a seat in 1862.

Instagram - @octose // I promote music - Youtube.com/thephuzz

Mar 14, 2015 @ 08:39
I'll remember to come here when I feel like what I'm doing doesn't matter. Most are very brand new. Some are not. I'll have to find something to contribute.

If I don't respond in 2 days msg me at http://streetkitten.tumblr.com/ & http://threadstreet.tumblr.com/

REVS
Apr 16, 2015 @ 02:52
Images from the Voyager Golden Record (aka the Voyager Program)

Info for anyone who does't know

"Voyager 1 and 2 both carry with them a 12 inch golden phonograph record that contains pictures and sounds of Earth along with symbolic directions on the cover for playing the record and data detailing the location of our planet. The record is intended as a combination of a time capsule and an interstellar message to any civilization, alien or far-future human that may recover either of the Voyager craft."

Some of the images that, if we all die, disappear, etc, this will what will be left...

Full Album:

http://imgur.com/a/CvEvO

Apr 16, 2015 @ 04:00
^ kinda gives goose bumps just to read... A bit immature and no its not possible but wouldn't it be funny if we somehow intercepted this and added more shit.  I think a pic of lil B would be great mixed in there....maybe even throw in some pics from the hb jailbait thread and call it good.
Apr 16, 2015 @ 04:57
wow, love all of the pics, some of them actually made me sad. Nonetheless, interesting thread!
Apr 26, 2015 @ 04:18

A boy looks through the sight of a weapon during a display of Israeli Defence Forces’ equipment at the West Bank settlement of Kiryat Arba during celebrations of Israel’s independence day.Photograph: Ronen Zvulun/Reuters

TRYING REALLY REALLY HARD ------------------------------------- FEELINGS WILL BE APPREHENDED

Apr 26, 2015 @ 07:56

Migrants trying to reach Greece are rescued by members of the Greek coastguard and locals just off the island of Rhodes.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

Apr 29, 2015 @ 00:09

A man rides a bicycle through heavy smoke from a nearby store on fire.
Baltimore Riots 2015

credit: http://www.npr.org/2015/04/28/402761088/-aint-no-way-you-can-sit-here-and-be-silent
Apr 29, 2015 @ 05:05
Originally posted by Inactive User

A boy looks through the sight of a weapon during a display of Israeli Defence Forces’ equipment at the West Bank settlement of Kiryat Arba during celebrations of Israel’s independence day.Photograph: Ronen Zvulun/Reuters
#1 shoota 

trendseter

Apr 30, 2015 @ 20:09

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

May 02, 2015 @ 23:29

A man who was injured during a crossfire between tribal fighters and Shia militia, known as Houthis, is taken to a hospital in Taiz, Yemen
Photograph: Abdulnasser Alseddik/AP

TRYING REALLY REALLY HARD ------------------------------------- FEELINGS WILL BE APPREHENDED

May 03, 2015 @ 00:17
Originally posted by Inactive User

A man who was injured during a crossfire between tribal fighters and Shia militia, known as Houthis, is taken to a hospital in Taiz, Yemen
Photograph: Abdulnasser Alseddik/AP
that nigga sleep!

trendseter

May 03, 2015 @ 00:23
kill this nigger.this is what we ought to do with this parasitic apes
go do it yourself tough guy
Jun 08, 2015 @ 12:28

Nicaragua, 1978. Photograph: Susan Meiselas/Magnum Photos
"It was taken in Masaya just before the popular insurrection against the Somoza dictatorship took hold. The indigenous community used these traditional dance masks to protect their identity. They were practising future attacks with homemade contact bombs. They simply wanted the world to know."

Jun 08, 2015 @ 12:46
Interesting how The NY times magazine front cover seems to deliberately cover up the bottom taped bundle so it makes the others look like rocks not bombs. I think if they included the bottom bundle at a glance they could look like drugs

Jun 08, 2015 @ 13:38
except it says "homemade bombs" in the caption on the lower right

(̅_̅_̅_̅(̅(̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅( ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้)

Please login first to reply.