Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 5, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
dpc1192

I've been smoking ALOT lately and I've been a little depressed at times.....

I'm not here for your sympathy or anything ha I was just curious if any of you have experienced this.

Now when I'm high I think alot about things like the future, family relationships, etc which cause me to get down on myself.

I know it comes out the most when I'm high, but I can forget my train of thought and turn into the most amazing mood while I'm high at the same time.

Holla?
January 5, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
WojieWorldPeace

You are smoking yourself to a mental addiction. Cut the weed intake down a bit.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

January 5, 2009 @ 01:05 AM
dpc1192

oh dear

thats no good
January 5, 2009 @ 01:05 AM
pnsho

January 5, 2009 @ 01:07 AM
meowmeowmeow

more time smoking weed = less time getting pussy

of course you're depressed
DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT
January 5, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
nadu

You are smoking yourself to a mental addiction. Cut the weed intake down a bit.

agreed
January 5, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
dpc1192

haha no i get some pussy

and yes after this break I'm planning on only smoking maybe once a week, right now I'm at about every day multiple times...

it's kinda been a rough few months thats why I upped my intake but now its just becoming a habit, and I never even have to pay for it my boys always holla wif blunts
January 5, 2009 @ 01:09 AM
TwiggyDig

January 5, 2009 @ 01:10 AM
splean07

Been there.. this is coming from someone who smoke everyday of their life for 5 years up untill a year ago. I quit weed because of what your talking about. I burn maybe once every 4-5 months now. Just to take the craving away.
January 5, 2009 @ 01:13 AM
TerenDelvonJones

modest mouse.
January 5, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
dpc1192

well i'm out...

oh and the modest mouse is because they used to be by far my favorite band and i used to cram them all the time about a year ago.

for some reason i can't really listen to them anymore without feeling a little sad its odd
January 5, 2009 @ 01:29 AM
niko

IMO the reason why you are experiencing these things is because smoking weed makes you over-analyze things you think about, things you wouldn't realize or wouldn't think about if you were sober. This comes from personal experience because it has happened to me enough times.

Example: I would be fucking blazed, then I would start to look around my room and realize that in 10 years, none of this will ever be around me, none of these luxuries will be handed to me.

Next time you smoke, just try not to think about all that shit if you can. Enjoy being high. smile
January 5, 2009 @ 01:37 AM
dpc1192

IMO the reason why you are experiencing these things is because smoking weed makes you over-analyze things you think about, things you wouldn't realize or wouldn't think about if you were sober. This comes from personal experience because it has happened to me enough times.

Example: I would be fucking blazed, then I would start to look around my room and realize that in 10 years, none of this will ever be around me, none of these luxuries will be handed to me.

Next time you smoke, just try not to think about all that shit if you can. Enjoy being high. smile

basically hit the nail on the head, thoughts like those..
January 5, 2009 @ 01:37 AM
hypism.

January 5, 2009 @ 01:40 AM
KUSH

quit smoking asap.

i had the same problem as you except i couldnt stop the negative thoughts. no matter how hard i tried i just kept on thinking. whats the point of smoking if you start overanalyzing?

i feel alot better now that im sober and my wallets alot fatter lol
January 5, 2009 @ 01:51 AM
shaitan

Play videogames
January 5, 2009 @ 01:56 AM
Theseventhletter

shit happens to me too, I really want to cut back to almost zero intake this year. Weed induces psychosis in some cases and takes the occasionally depressed individual into long painful bouts with depression. I think I had a conversation with kush about it I'm not sure. My best advice to you is to quit smoking weed and drinking, you'll find yourself in a clearer happier state of mind. Remember clinically weed is a depressant, you wouldnt use an ice pick to inflate your car tires so why would you consume a depressant to make you happy?
January 5, 2009 @ 02:17 AM

Inactive

i smoke weed and get pussy....
January 5, 2009 @ 02:52 AM
Sonic

I don't smoke weed, but I'm going to take a crack at this, because smoking in this instance can be replaced with any number of things and yield the same results. I'm surprised nobody has suggested this already actually:

A total lack of productivtity will always depress someone. If you're blazing several times a day, like you say you are, I'm going to go ahead and assume you aren't writing the Great American Novel or starting a superstar rock band or dating a nice girl. When you dedicate even hours, never mind days or weeks, to total self indulgence, you'll get bored, restless, and yes, depressed. It isn't the weed specifically, nor is it how it causes you to think or what it makes you think about. If you aren't doing something worthwhile, you'll feel worthless, which will obviously lead to depression. Smoking weed, drinking, masturbating, playing video games, watching TV, aimlessly surfing the internet- this stuff is how you unwind after a long day of actual work, you can't spend your day doing this shit, you'll go insane.

The solution is simple too. Cutting way back on smoking is obviously a start, but if you replace with something equally as unproductive you're just trading one problem for another. Basically just do something that feels like work and will have a definite, identifiable finished result. It doesn't have to be anything seriously ambitious, you don't have to create a marble sculpture or anything, just clean your room or house, or shovel the driveway, or go for a long tiring walk. Exert yourself, challenge yourself, you'll feel better in no time.

Feel better homie.
January 5, 2009 @ 03:19 AM
Augustus

My high/experience changes based on what time of the day I smoke for some reason. Wake & bake will always be something I will enjoy; makes the morning/noon a whole lot better, but smoking after a tiring day and lounging will sometimes make me think more profound shit like what I will become in the future etc.

@QuattroRide

January 5, 2009 @ 03:47 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

op what kinda weed do you smoke? i always get blazed and have a dumb relaxed high. same when i drink, they are both no-no's when your mental ain't right. i don't think i would ever get high if i was paranoid or depressed from the jump.
January 5, 2009 @ 07:27 AM
DUNCAN99

I don't smoke weed, but I'm going to take a crack at this, because smoking in this instance can be replaced with any number of things and yield the same results. I'm surprised nobody has suggested this already actually:

A total lack of productivtity will always depress someone. If you're blazing several times a day, like you say you are, I'm going to go ahead and assume you aren't writing the Great American Novel or starting a superstar rock band or dating a nice girl. When you dedicate even hours, never mind days or weeks, to total self indulgence, you'll get bored, restless, and yes, depressed. It isn't the weed specifically, nor is it how it causes you to think or what it makes you think about. If you aren't doing something worthwhile, you'll feel worthless, which will obviously lead to depression. Smoking weed, drinking, masturbating, playing video games, watching TV, aimlessly surfing the internet- this stuff is how you unwind after a long day of actual work, you can't spend your day doing this shit, you'll go insane.

The solution is simple too. Cutting way back on smoking is obviously a start, but if you replace with something equally as unproductive you're just trading one problem for another. Basically just do something that feels like work and will have a definite, identifiable finished result. It doesn't have to be anything seriously ambitious, you don't have to create a marble sculpture or anything, just clean your room or house, or shovel the driveway, or go for a long tiring walk. Exert yourself, challenge yourself, you'll feel better in no time.

Feel better homie.

you 2 are good
January 5, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
Jim Jardashian

You should make a community meth lab to make friends.
January 5, 2009 @ 12:26 PM
AntonyT

try smoking with a loaded gun?
January 5, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
dpc1192

I have motherfucking friends haha

I'm not like a big stoner nerd who goes on forums all day and night and smokes weed by himself.

I just happen to live in a town where almost everyone smokes ALOT, so it is hard to get away from.

And I was thinking, i think it was because I was on break so I was just doing alot of stupid shit and not really getting anything accomplished, but with school starting and lacrosse season I think things will start to change.

MAYBE I WONT HAVE TO QUIT AFTERALL!
January 5, 2009 @ 01:46 PM
Aww Skills

you're getting too introspective with it. use it to feel good and have a good time.
January 5, 2009 @ 01:56 PM
Theseventhletter

[B]I don't smoke weed, but I'm going to take a crack at this,[/B] because smoking in this instance can be replaced with any number of things and yield the same results. I'm surprised nobody has suggested this already actually:

Feel better homie.

you don't really understand the situation then
January 5, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
k23zzz

smoking goes in cycles for me, sometimes i feel good, happy, confident as shit when I'm smoking a lot
and other times i feel depressed, anxious, generally sad, and unable to get excited about life.

despite marijuana being a fun and at times magical substance, it is still a drug and has negative and positive side effects.

take a break, give it up, do whatever you think will make you better, only you know yourself and what you can handle.

when something that's not a necessity begins to have a negative effect on your life, why continue with it? again the decision lies in your hand, i personally don't think there's anything wrong with the act of smoking weed, but shit does get old.

and this always helped me...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RntL-2uwt_g
January 5, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
Flatland Funk

That happened to me. I was already depressed and when i would smoke id just sit there and think about everything and it would make me even more depressed. If you dont wanna cut down on the ganja try smoking with someone else or keeping occupied so you dont get trapped in your thoughts.
January 5, 2009 @ 04:23 PM
Obeyprop.

Honestly i went through the same thing and it's not the weed that's making you Feel this way.

It's just weed enhances yourself awareness. Basically the reason

you don't feel depressed when your not high is because your suppressing it.

The feelings your going though aren't uncommon. But not smoking weed

is basically like saying i don't want to face the real issues i have with myself

and i want to blame weed/drugs for my problems.

The way i got though this was just getting in a really quite room and just

sitting there for 30 minutes a day and just asking myself questions.

You may not like the answers but honestly this event/process will mature you.

Please login first to reply.