FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
August 23, 2010 @ 02:44 PM
goldANDsacks

ive been trying to lucid dream for the past couple of days. unsuccessful though. i'd wake up from a dream and go "shit! that was so obviously a dream! why didnt i realize that to control it!"

anyways i'll keep trying.

my end goal is to be able to lucid dream at will. then whenever i wanna fap it, i'll just have a lucid sex dream instead of touching myself.

thats like some next level shit.
August 23, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
goldANDsacks

im trying to get this down, i tried envisioning myself running while falling asleep like someone in this thread mentioned, and it i couldnt get the thought of lucid dreaming out of my mind. i finally fell asleep, woke up a few times during the night because i realized i was dreaming. im gonna continue to do this, and hopefully this will give me an excuse to get a better sleep schedule since the semester is about to begin.

i have a quick question to all those guys that had some sort of sexual intercourse in a dream. wouldnt that make that lucid dream also a wet dream? therefore making you jizz in your sheets and making a mess like that? fuck i cant be sending all my sheets to the laundry after every nap.

or u can sleep with a condom on.
August 23, 2010 @ 09:22 PM
Shoutbox

^^^that could get expensive.

still trying, still unsuccessful. sad
August 23, 2010 @ 09:47 PM
Juki

lol, yall taking it too far. but im sure someone will try it. So is Lucid Dream anytime that you actually KNOW your in a dream or just a regular really realistic dream cause I think I had one last night

Doubleclutchhoops.com

August 23, 2010 @ 09:58 PM
moneybags

when you know you're in it. been trying for the past few weeks, still can't get it down..
August 24, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
Dental Plan

i dont think thats gonna work since the condom has lube on it which is gonna make a mess
August 25, 2010 @ 03:07 PM
zoidanum

lol, yall taking it too far. but im sure someone will try it. So is Lucid Dream anytime that you actually KNOW your in a dream or just a regular really realistic dream cause I think I had one last night

yeah you have to actually realize that you are dreaming and can take control due to know it being a dream. there can be dreams in which you dream of having a lucid dream tho they arent really lucid tho mindfck i know lol
August 25, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
Samrai

Nah man, that's hypnagogic hallucination.

www.wisegeek.com/what-are-hypnagogic-hallucinations.htm

suprised i had some of these symptoms after doing syzurp

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt ≈ @NegronusPrime ≈ twitter

September 12, 2010 @ 08:32 PM
Hod

i almost had one last night.

I was in a store and realized that the shirt i tried on fit me but wasnt my size. i try to flicker a light switch and realize i am dreaming but then wake up. Do I get used to it eventually? For some reason my ear started getting hella hot once i woke up too.

Also, earlier in that dream i got the urge to fall asleep while talking to someone which felt pretty weird. Anybody else feel that? I felt like i was going to dream another dream in my dream.

Diamond Supply Co., Crooks & Castles, and more (XL-3XL) http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/136442/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/hodrick

December 15, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
CamTitanic

Also, earlier in that dream i got the urge to fall asleep while talking to someone which felt pretty weird. Anybody else feel that? I felt like i was going to dream another dream in my dream.

December 15, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
taxi

the night after i first read about lucid dreaming, i thought i would put what i learned into practice. i was in my dream (side note: my dreams typically consist of normal events with one thing out of place that i don't notice in the dream ie. i'll go to my girlfriends house but it will be a different house than her real one) and i was driving in some vehicle down a hilly road that i drive down more or less every day. the vehicle was an older van, the ones with bucket seats in front and back and curtains on the windows and sometimes beds and shit, and i was sitting in the second row of bucket seating, leaning towards the front and holding onto one of the front seats to talk to my dude in the front. it was at this point that i was like, "holy shit i know this is a dream, let me try to fly." so sure enough i start slowly floating up and end up just about a hanf foot from the ceiling, completely horizontal, just suspended in mid-air. out of nowhere, the driver randomly slams on the brakes for no reason, i fly forward and smash into the windshield. nothing was crossing the road, there was no reason at all to slam on the brakes. i think my mind was fucking with me and telling me that it still had control over this thing. what i learned is that it is not an easy thing to do at all, it probably takes a lot of meditation and shit like that.

tl;dr - read about lucid dreaming. tried it that night, tried to fly. failed. brain too smart for me. lucid dreaming is hard.
December 15, 2010 @ 11:55 PM
CamTitanic

the night after i first read about lucid dreaming, i thought i would put what i learned into practice. i was in my dream (side note: my dreams typically consist of normal events with one thing out of place that i don't notice in the dream ie. i'll go to my girlfriends house but it will be a different house than her real one) and i was driving in some vehicle down a hilly road that i drive down more or less every day. the vehicle was an older van, the ones with bucket seats in front and back and curtains on the windows and sometimes beds and shit, and i was sitting in the second row of bucket seating, leaning towards the front and holding onto one of the front seats to talk to my dude in the front. it was at this point that i was like, "holy shit i know this is a dream, let me try to fly." so sure enough i start slowly floating up and end up just about a hanf foot from the ceiling, completely horizontal, just suspended in mid-air. out of nowhere, the driver randomly slams on the brakes for no reason, i fly forward and smash into the windshield. nothing was crossing the road, there was no reason at all to slam on the brakes. i think my mind was fucking with me and telling me that it still had control over this thing. what i learned is that it is not an easy thing to do at all, it probably takes a lot of meditation and shit like that.

tl;dr - read about lucid dreaming. tried it that night, tried to fly. failed. brain too smart for me. lucid dreaming is hard.

Haha I know what you mean man, it seems every time I realize I'm dreaming something dream ending happens (normally my alarm clock going off in real life). I need to be able to realize quicker somehow.
December 16, 2010 @ 02:58 AM
Trollinator

This is a good technique for beginners. Assign yourself several times a day to perform the following exercise. Also do it anytime you think of it, especially when something odd occurs or when you are reminded of dreams. It helps to choose specific occasions like: when you see your face in the mirror, look at your watch, arrive at work or home, pick up your NovaDreamer, etc. The more frequently and thoroughly you practice this technique, the better it will work.

Do a reality test.
Carry some text with you or wear a digital watch throughout the day. To do a reality test, read the words or the numbers on the watch. Then, look away and look back, observing the letters or numbers to see if they change. Try to make them change while watching them. Research shows that text changes 75% of the time it is re-read once and changes 95% it is re-read twice. If the characters do change, or are not normal, or do not make sense, then you are most probably dreaming. Enjoy! If the characters are normal, stable, and sensible, then you probably aren't dreaming. Go on to step 2.

Imagine that your surroundings are a dream.
If you are fairly certain you are awake (you can never be 100% sure!), then say to yourself, "I may not be dreaming now, but if I were, what would it be like?" Visualize as vividly as possible that you are dreaming. Intently imagine that what you are seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling is all a dream. Imagine instabilities in your environment, words changing, scenes transforming, perhaps you floating off the ground. Create in yourself the feeling that you are in a dream. Holding that feeling, go on to step 3.

Visualize yourself enjoying a dream activity.
Decide on something you would like to do in your next lucid dream, perhaps flying, talking to particular dream characters, or just exploring the dream world. Continue to imagine that you are dreaming now, and visualize yourself enjoying your chosen activity.

is this the proper way to start lucid dreaming

tips please

I want to see the world burn

December 16, 2010 @ 09:28 PM
jtangtwenty3

once me and a couple friends decided to lucid dream and meet up in the dream state and it worked
December 16, 2010 @ 10:17 PM
Vancouver

shit man I always wanted to try lucid dreaming but honestly it scares the fuck outta me. dreams are not something I wanna fuck with.
December 17, 2010 @ 01:44 AM
notyellow

Lol. You remember the spinning totem in Inception right? Same concept with lucid dreaming. To fully be aware you're dreaming you gotta find ways to analyze that you're in a dream. People flip switches, I carry a note in my pocket. Then I just do whatever the shit I want after I know I'm in a dream. My first time was pretty fucking scary. I never knew what the hell I was doing and why the hell I was at school and eventually it turned into a nightmare while in the state. I kept banging my head on the walls and shit trying to wake myself up but nothing worked. Then I woke up cause of my alarm clock.

It used to be that I would fight logic with my dream. Like in one of my first few lucid dreams I was running home from school and I began to run and run faster than the cars. I was like "Wtf? That's not possible." and I kept fighting what actually happened in my dreams instead of not caring.

Use a dream journal or whatever to help you remember your dreams. It never worked for me but it worked for friends who also wanted to learn to lucid dream. And to those who think that they can achieve a lucid dream overnight; keep dreaming.

shit man I always wanted to try lucid dreaming but honestly it scares the fuck outta me. dreams are not something I wanna fuck with.

Night terrors are pretty much the only thing you should be scared of. The uncontrolled emotions and thrashing that you do whenever you're in the zone are pretty astonishing.

As a teenager i got them frequently, maybe once a week. Whenever something tragic would happen in my dream(ie. getting hit by a car, being in a plane when it crashes, falling from a cliff) I'd still be in the dream and would see only the impact of it. That's when the moment freezes and I'm in the "Terror Zone".
I can barely explain it but whenever I'd be in the zone, I'd still be dreaming while my family's beating the shit out of me to get me out of the zone. You don't have full control yourself, your mind is still in the dream state but your brain is awake so you're just doing whatever in real life. It's 50/50. You're there but you're not there.
You can be a chill motherfucker and just sit there or be hysterical and have to be pinned down or be locked in a room cause your mind is so fucked at the moment of impact.
December 18, 2010 @ 03:08 AM
TheAbstrakt

so all you have to do is write a journal of your dreams?
January 22, 2011 @ 09:52 PM
JohnDank

i mostly remember all my dreams a couple of min after waking up,i actually try too.
January 22, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
JohnDank

also peep that movie "waking life" shit is about lucid dreaming
January 22, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
alberto.1989

yall ♥♥♥♥♥s need to take like 5-6 mg of melatonin and yall will have some lucid ass dreams real talk
January 22, 2011 @ 10:56 PM
heeennry

I had sleep paralysis about a fortnight ago and and then I started to hear a lady laughing at me. It sounded like she was standing next to my bed. I was fucking scared but I kept telling myself it wasn't real. Then I remembered reading somewhere that you can have a WILD from SP. I began to "spin" in my head to get dizzy and next thing you know, I was lucid. My first one ever and it was a WILD.

I was lying in my bed in the same position I went to sleep in but it was daytime so I knew It was a dream, but I did a reality check anyway. I pinched my nose and I was still able to breathe so that reassured me. Right after that I flew straight up, breaking the ceiling. Everything just felt so real. I was pretty high up and decided I would make some wind. I waved my hand and then it got windy. All of sudden the scene changed but I was still lucid and I saw 3 kids that were sitting on a bench. They looked sad so I asked them if they wanted to fly. they said yes and I brought down 3 "flying nimbus" looking clouds and as the 3rd guy was about to get on, he fell right through it and then I woke up. Shit was so dope. I haven't had one since though sad

I had taken the words out of his mouth and filled it with fart.

January 23, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
Toriko

pertaining to dreams. Isn't it strange that when you are "sleeping" your brain projects many fabricated images that are so realistic that you think you can feel, touch, taste, smell, and see? and When you "wake up" you ONLY see what is given to you which is "reality?" You can't even imagine/create things in blank places in the "reality," even when you are closing your eyes." Why isnt the brain capable of fabricating/ or adding to "reality?" Could it be that there are dual realities? so when you are dreaming you are the creator/god of another dimension/REALITY that is equivalent to the "reality" that you live in now?

Matrix concept kinda^ damn this dream shit is confusing.
January 23, 2011 @ 02:19 AM
heeennry

maybe we're just living in someone else's dream. and the "dream" I had with those kids wasn't really a "dream" but a different reality. IDK I'm just really interested in this type of stuff.

I had taken the words out of his mouth and filled it with fart.

January 23, 2011 @ 03:02 AM
chargerfan

Ohhhh, this explains what those dreams were I get sometimes. I noticed I would always get them after waking up in the morning and going back to bed between 8 -2 but in my dreams it seemed so fast. Crazy shit man
January 23, 2011 @ 03:33 AM
JohnDank

January 23, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
ThisIsDeep

So I had a dream last night but I don't remember the storyline but I do recall being mad.

All of a sudden I am standing in front of a white wall or blank white room, I dont remember, but I do know with all my will trying to unleash my anger by punching the wall but every time my fist would be stopped as if there was a force field preventing me contact with this white wall.

After many fail attempts I snap out of the dream, wake up freaking out to myself and I test reality by punching the wall near my bed, it was real, but has anyone experience what I'm talkin about?

And is there a name for this or nah?
February 11, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
aten

I was trying lucid dreaming a few months ago.. It took me about a week to get one then I had another the night after, havent had any since. The way I became lucid was I remembered my previous dreams and in some of these dreams there was a bar that I would walk into (it was a recurring thing in my dreams for some reason) and then whilst dreaming I was walking toward this bar and then I realised! I started running around madly, I fell over a table and broke lots of glasses then I woke up.. I was really uncoordinated at being lucid I felt like I had too much power and couldnt really control it at all.
February 13, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
Awww SNAP

This used to happen to me all the time. No so much anymore
February 13, 2011 @ 06:25 PM
stickie

yo i've had two dreams now where its like a regular scenario.. but i shit my pants.. i wake up in the middle of the night thinkin "DID I REALLY SHIT MY PANTS" but i didnt.. whats up with this lmao
February 13, 2011 @ 06:43 PM
chex

too much shit going on in your life

Please login first to reply.