WDYWT: 2009 (Chat Edition) (Flaming fit is fine. Flame person = Infraction)

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

January 28, 2009 @ 19:15:44
I'm not saying anyone isn't doing it right I'm just expressing my disdain for the current trend in streetwear amongst the younger crowd. I guess its just that I come from the 90's sloppy Jap look. A part of me misses the exclusivity and the limited run, the hunt if you will. Not just walking to you local shopping mall after school and to buy whatever is hot at UO or the GAP. Then posting said 'hype' on the internet. I'd rather everyone look the same and have the fits worthy of conversation due to interesting pieces than skinny jeans and vans that I see all day everyday.

i think that comes from supply & demand and pop culture, i think the difference between now and back in the day is that being an individual was inforced more,back then if you were biting dudes would flame you and call you out for it,now if you dress different people will look at you wierd and flame you,its society i guess
January 28, 2009 @ 19:16:20
times 4 a new thread for u gays
January 28, 2009 @ 19:18:08
I'm gonna eat your snatch for breakfast lunch and dinner

blushing

^ cosign

Danielle: Quite cold no? I like the fit and I like the fact you're still rockin that jacket blushing

Not cold at all; to me anyways. and hell yeah I am.

Oh who cares where you buy shit? If it's kewl I'm coppin. Stop thinking so damn much.
January 28, 2009 @ 19:19:17
so hard

oh just fucking marry me already.

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

January 28, 2009 @ 19:35:58
can't get enough of these shoes...

January 28, 2009 @ 19:36:40

To get food.
January 28, 2009 @ 19:37:11
above two are good
January 28, 2009 @ 19:39:23
bun seeds iz clean. where to cop
January 28, 2009 @ 19:40:39

&)&)&)&)&)
me eitha bby
nobromo
January 28, 2009 @ 19:42:56
[quote=esco.
January 28, 2009 @ 19:51:13
FFF that fit goes so hard

Richard Cumming: word if your dick aint wet 24/7 you’re a simp. if theres no pussy around bess b’lee dat i got my dick in a glass of water

January 28, 2009 @ 19:52:11

damn girl, a dress in the winter? you gonna get chapped lips.

FHx2
January 28, 2009 @ 20:07:27
FFF, those visvims go hard

matchy matchy

tnf
wtaps
samurai
iv

http://lookbook.nu/look/69315-taptaptap
January 28, 2009 @ 20:09:28
^ thats how you do it.

real real nice bro
January 28, 2009 @ 20:10:49
damn clou that shit goes hard.

X

January 28, 2009 @ 20:13:17
yes yes yes clou, thata a boy my vancity brethren. Show em how it's done...get em!
January 28, 2009 @ 20:17:49
damn clou that shit goes hard.

smokeyface
January 28, 2009 @ 20:18:53
hai naggers!!! Interesting convo and i'd like to chime in.

I don't think they are saying 9/10 people aren't "doing it right". There really should not be a right, it should be about individual style. The problem they have is that a lot of people are fitting into a particular mold.

agree

There's a large difference between boring and classic/simple looks. Flannel and westerns have gotten more exposure as of recent, but your parents parents were wearing that shit. I don't see anything wrong with a clean classic look.

Nice pair of denim, a plain tee, and hoodie? How can you hate unless the cut/fit is all wrong?

I rather dress mellow and clean than have to dress loud or hype.

yeah, but there's a difference between wearing clean classic looks and just conforming to the trend. I mean, it's great that you guys are "early adopters"....I'm sure you wear it because you relate to the pieces. But, on the flip side, you have to be honest, a lot of this stuff is boring and uninspired. Like Jacobuh said, and many before him, it's no surprise that dudes like similar things...but i mean, we can like the same things, but it's wack to actually dress the same...i mean, to reiterate, if you and i like similar things, it should only be right that we still add our own flair to it...whether it be an accessory, jewelry, sleeve roll, glasses...i mean there are plenty of ways to make something your own.

And at the end of the day, like kdiddy said, there really is no RIGHT way...the only right way is to do what feels right...so i mean, if dudes feel good rocking flannels and vans and skinny jeans, do you....if dudes like rocking rolled BDU's and flourescent runners (haha, i know you guys aren't fans, but I actually like that look), that's good too. If dudes like rocking tight bson hoodies....you get the point....

When it comes to the best dressed posters on here, i'm sure we're all inspired by them...but there's inspiration, and there's biting...i would just hope that you guys would at least add your own personality to the combo.

and yeah, somebody said "for the critics who say everything sucks, i wanna see how you dress" that's kinda hard for me to do cuz i go from the bdu's to preppy button up under the cable knit....from runners to bball shoes to wallies to moccasins. And at the end of the day, it's just a matter of opinion. I think kvc and tigerprawn and nasirjones fits suck ass...but they're consistent in that they stay true to what they like...i respect that...people have told me that MY fits suck...but I like what i like...it's just opinion at the end of the day.

pardon the essay....

SUMMARY: there is no "right" way to dress...do what you like...it's ok to like the same things but add your own flair to it...and what sucks and doesn't suck is just a matter of opinion
January 28, 2009 @ 20:19:36

h&m peacoat?
January 28, 2009 @ 20:20:22
Originally posted by Inactive User

To get food.

h&m peacoat?
January 28, 2009 @ 20:21:04
^tl'dr but you win already
January 28, 2009 @ 20:21:20
Finally.

Good shit clou.
January 28, 2009 @ 20:35:06
January 28, 2009 @ 20:42:21
^ that gives me a very non-sexual erexion
January 28, 2009 @ 20:42:31

O.O minindrw? is that you?
January 28, 2009 @ 20:46:33
Chweeel nice bright colors
January 28, 2009 @ 20:49:11

yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I fuuuuucks wit it
smokeyfacesmokeyface

*fist in mouth*

os dohp

girl, here's my heart
January 28, 2009 @ 20:51:48
^ that gives me a very non-sexual erexion

it's called a broner
January 28, 2009 @ 20:55:54
it's called a broner

LoL WTF?1 Broner?! I must be gettin old cuz i aint neverrr herd uv that afore..
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
x