Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 28, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
pnsho

Any NYC stores selling wtaps chukkas?

I decided I need a pair of black shoes in my life (not casual).
January 28, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
no0 v.2.0

you can find wtap vans on a lot of sites. just look around...
January 28, 2009 @ 09:46 PM
thepaintedbird

Prove it

January 28, 2009 @ 09:57 PM
Eddie Winslow

to the guy who picked up blue jay new eras can you tell me where you got the gray 1 with the bluejays on the bill?

do you seriously have 1500 posts in a month and a half?
January 28, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
hatchofchi

do you seriously have 1500 posts in a month and a half?

buddy has no life.
January 28, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
TwiggyDig

really? jesus christ, i guess this forum lives up to the name.
those shoes look fucking awful, almost as bad as red gucci loafers hahaha..

how is prada more hypebeast than supreme? lol. i'm not gonna rag on you cuz u put ur shit together well and i like 95% of your fits, but honestly everyone has their own taste. i'm not a guy who loves covering yourself in supreme and that makes you dress well. i think wearing a shirt with a little red box on it with supreme written in it is pretty plain and the same as 95% of this forum. but u like that and i'm not gonna hate on u for that cuz thats what u like and thats what u wear. i like prada's. i don't own any but i think they are dope. it's just a differen't form of fashion than what maybe most people on this forum can't relate to or see as their fashion, but if you rock it well, like almost any other piece, it can be dope.
January 28, 2009 @ 10:51 PM
clou

^^^i like pradas too, but those ones posted were ugly
January 28, 2009 @ 10:57 PM
Althis

those pradas don juan was rockin a while back were dope as fuck
January 28, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
TwiggyDig

yeah those were fuckin ill
January 28, 2009 @ 11:48 PM
TwiggyDig

thankyou homes i'm glad someone agrees with me
January 28, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
Homeless

lol the wtap eras used to be on sale at active for like 30 dollars
January 28, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
Hairy Johnson

dont worry twiggy that kid has been posting on 5th d too much and thinks he's got some kind of right to talk shit. He's been drinking that haterade except he hasn't earned it. He was wearing spice girls t-shirts like 2 months ago with pinrolled BDUs and member's only jackets.

Now he's got a full closet of supreme, posts on 5th D and thinks his regurgitated hate from 5th D is actually his opinion. Doesn't realize that he's just a brainwashed troll.

In the end it doesn't really matter what you wear as long as you have the swagger to wear it. In other words, especially with street and high fashion it's not what you wear but how you wear it. I'd give props to someone wearing pradas dior denim and YSL tee just like that homie from like 2 years ago that posted on here, cause he made it look dope.

Are you referring to Stack Bundles????

The only problem with wearing YSL, dior jeans, and prada shoes is that its the epitome of an ASSHOLE'S attire. Not trying to say the shit is bad or not, but these brands market themselves to the wealthy. Its for people who want the prestige of knowing they bought something unique and somewhat unattainable to the mass consumer when in reality they're just being narcissitic clowns.

The rule of thumb people should follow when going out in public is:

Wear shit for the certain situation, and nothing more.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:06 AM
Sarcaustic

Are you referring to Stack Bundles????

The only problem with wearing YSL, dior jeans, and prada shoes is that its the epitome of an ASSHOLE'S attire. Not trying to say the shit is bad or not, but these brands market themselves to the wealthy. Its for people who want the prestige of knowing they bought something unique and somewhat unattainable to the mass consumer when in reality they're just being narcissitic clowns.

The rule of thumb people should follow when going out in public is:

Wear shit for the certain situation, and nothing more.

That's the point of wearing clothes: expression and looking good.

Fashion to that extent refers to conspicuous consumption, in which people who wear such clothing is doing nothing wrong. What's wrong with showing off what you wear?

It doesn't necessarily have to be narcissistic. People who post their pick-ups and fits do so to show off their shit and so people can ogle at them/their possessions and offer them praise.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
Hairy Johnson

That's the point of wearing clothes: expression and looking good.

Fashion to that extent refers to conspicuous consumption, in which people who wear such clothing is doing nothing wrong. What's wrong with showing off what you wear?

It doesn't necessarily have to be narcissistic. People who post their pick-ups and fits do so to show off their shit and so people can ogle at them/their possessions and offer them praise.

You are right, but "expression and looking good" can be done so in a manner of spending $50 bucks. You are buying hyped up self-esteem approval that has been accepted into our society as hip and the peak of coolness. What do you think all of the inspirations and re-hashes of clothes and shoes come from? Cheap ass classics that noone gave a shit about before. From Converse, Vans, military attire,etc.

There's nothing wrong with giving in to temptation of spending an extra $20 bucks or so over a Polo shirt versus an Old Navy, but atleast have the decentcy to acknowledge that you are a contributor to the whole scheme and into this facade.

Look what I put in bold, you said it best. Isn't that not what a narcissist embodies?
January 29, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
unfuccwittable

poorly focused macro shots

i love you.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
.sm.

wtf is mainland? in vancouver mainland is the geographical area.

=( i r jealous, the states got bomb ass stores

trust me its not that bomb they have shit
January 29, 2009 @ 12:40 AM
Canvas08

You guys are thinking about this too much.

THOSE PRADA SHOES ARE UGLY

that is all we are talking about. not how much brands cost or who wears what or what is style. style is not ugly. those shoes are ugly.
end convo
January 29, 2009 @ 12:44 AM
TwiggyDig

You are right, but "expression and looking good" can be done so in a manner of spending $50 bucks. You are buying hyped up self-esteem approval that has been accepted into our society as hip and the peak of coolness. What do you think all of the inspirations and re-hashes of clothes and shoes come from? Cheap ass classics that noone gave a shit about before. From Converse, Vans, military attire,etc.

There's nothing wrong with giving in to temptation of spending an extra $20 bucks or so over a Polo shirt versus an Old Navy, but atleast have the decentcy to acknowledge that you are a contributor to the whole scheme and into this facade.

Look what I put in bold, you said it best. Isn't that not what a narcissist embodies?

we all know it can be done by spending 50 bucks. but who really cares about how much you spend on what you wear? if it looks good and you carry yourself right than what is wrong with someone wearing that shit if they like it? expensive vs. inexpensive doesn't matter at all. it's about looking good and wearing what you want vs. looking terrible and wearing shit because other people tell you too or cuz ur tryin to fit it.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:55 AM
RyanFBaby.

dont worry twiggy that kid has been posting on 5th d too much and thinks he's got some kind of right to talk shit. He's been drinking that haterade except he hasn't earned it. He was wearing spice girls t-shirts like 2 months ago with pinrolled BDUs and member's only jackets.

Now he's got a full closet of supreme, posts on 5th D and thinks his regurgitated hate from 5th D is actually his opinion. Doesn't realize that he's just a brainwashed troll.

In the end it doesn't really matter what you wear as long as you have the swagger to wear it. In other words, especially with street and high fashion it's not what you wear but how you wear it. I'd give props to someone wearing pradas dior denim and YSL tee just like that homie from like 2 years ago that posted on here, cause he made it look dope.

i thought i was the only one who remembered that dude

but didnt he post with his homie rocking matching YSL shirts or soemthing?
January 29, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
Hairy Johnson

we all know it can be done by spending 50 bucks. but who really cares about how much you spend on what you wear? if it looks good and you carry yourself right than what is wrong with someone wearing that shit if they like it? expensive vs. inexpensive doesn't matter at all. it's about looking good and wearing what you want vs. looking terrible and wearing shit because other people tell you too or cuz ur tryin to fit it.

Re-read what you typed and get at me. Logic would dictate that if you can look good with say:

A=shirt B=pants C=more expensive shirt D=more expensive pants

and with your definition A+B=C+D

then assuming a=1 and b=1 and c=2 and d=2

1+1=2 or a+b

and

2+2=4 or c+d

2 does not equal 4, infact 2<4

Making it both asisine to buy something more expensive and the fact that it defeats the laws of arithmetic

I rest my case.
January 29, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
canonized

January 29, 2009 @ 12:59 AM
TwiggyDig

Re-read what you typed and get at me. Logic would dictate that if you can look good with say:

1+1=2 or a+b

and

2+2=4 or c+d

Making it both asisine to buy something more expensive and the fact that it defeats the laws of arithmetic

I rest my case.

unless you have the money homeyy
January 29, 2009 @ 01:00 AM
Citizen-16657

You guys are thinking about this too much.

THOSE PRADA SHOES ARE UGLY

that is all we are talking about. not how much brands cost or who wears what or what is style. style is not ugly. those shoes are ugly.
end convo

Cosign.....Prada is becoming the high end metrosexual bullshit that is now is...outside of REAL Prada
January 29, 2009 @ 01:01 AM
Homeless

wow words cannot explain my jealousy.

edit: fashion is not math. those pradas are ugly. k bye.
January 29, 2009 @ 01:02 AM
RyanFBaby.

1+1=2 or a+b

and

2+2=4 or c+d

I rest my case.

hahahahaha
January 29, 2009 @ 01:02 AM
Hairy Johnson

unless you have the money homeyy

A 5 year old white kid doing "the worm" for spare change near the subways in nyc has money. Unless money is an abstract thought to you, why bother.
January 29, 2009 @ 01:10 AM
TwiggyDig

A 5 year old white kid doing "the worm" for spare change near the subways in nyc has money. Unless money is an abstract thought to you, why bother.

lol i'm just playin man. but fashion is an expensive game. i'm not saying you can't put together a clean outfit with some chucks, levi's, and a white vneck, but most people on this site are wiling to spend a good chunk of their cash on clothes. whether it's something like supreme or diamond or any streetwear for that matter, or a YSL tee or prada's or whatnot. obviously one is on another level of expense than the other, but nevertheless it's expensive. alot of this board is willing to spend 400 bucks on visvims even. and whats wrong with that if it's what you want to spend your money on? u might consider it dumb but fact is that money is meant to be spent, and if u've saved up, paid your bills, and you got extra cash, whats wrong with spending money on something that you really like yet is expensive.
January 29, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
Hairy Johnson

The only way I can rebuttal that is for people to become aware that:

For every $400 dollar pair of Visvims you buy, know that with that money you can feed 400 anorexic, starving kids in an underdeveloped country for a day.

Word to ya moutha'
January 29, 2009 @ 01:17 AM
WhiteMike

For every $400 dollar pair of Visvims you buy, know that with that money you can feed 400 anorexic, starving kids in an underdeveloped country for a day.

why would you want to do that
January 29, 2009 @ 01:19 AM
RyanFBaby.

Word to ya moutha'

oh yes, im sure youre going to make a lot of people feel real bad about being consumerists in a capitalist society with this post...pat yourself on the back for this one

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.