FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
December 18, 2008 @ 03:36 PM
Helgen

This has got to be the worst thing that (or best, in terms of cleaning) that has ever happened to me. I'm not sure if I got it from traveleing, if someone brought them or what, but I finally got them. I'm one of the 5th people in my building to get these, and a lot of people I know have/had them as well.

I'm not sure if it's just a New York City thing, but this shit is kind of constant on the news and commercials. They say they came back because most pesticides these days are weaker for the enviroment, so the bed bugs came back. They don't come from dirt or anything, they just live off of human blood and travel with hosts if they find a way to get on to you, they come from ANYWHERE.

Now, I have to completely wash everything in my home, throw away most wood items, most posters, wash my raw denims (NOOOOO!!!,) this is going to cost me hundreds of dollars.

Everything is going bad, ARGH. I'm fucking itching, I can't sleep at night, I'm paranoid due to thinking they'll bite me all over and I'll wake up bleeding again (yes, I've woken up bleeding, not intense at all, but it's just not pretty.)

Check out some shit:

www.bell-environmental.com/content.php?contentID=91
www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=44466
www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=77552
www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=82787
www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=73837
www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=82180

Shit is so bad, you can even sue for hundreds of thousands of dollars because it gives you emotional and stressful problems, and I'm getting some, like I'm constantly looking at my arms and legs, looking at the walls, I sleep with the light on (because they creep only in the dark.)
December 18, 2008 @ 03:40 PM
fffffut

i have seen some shows on like discovery about these shits
sucks dude
December 18, 2008 @ 03:43 PM
Helgen

Yeah, like I'm not a dirty person, but I'm not the most organized, so I did the research and was glad that it wasn't my fault.

I do have a lot of foreign friends and know a lot of people who travel that chill at my apartment sometimes, but I can't blame anyone about it because I'm sure they didn't know as well.

I'm stuck cleaning ALL DAY. I've wasted $200 already on bags, supplies, laundry ETC. I have like $100+ more worth of laundry in giant garbage bags.
December 18, 2008 @ 03:50 PM
JohnnyBoy

This happen to my neighbor and she had to throw away her mattress and some other stuff out.
December 18, 2008 @ 04:08 PM
pnsho

Fuck, get rid of everything.

Burn your mattress if you have to. The bed is the most vulnerable spot (obviously).
December 18, 2008 @ 04:35 PM
MiamiSkate

i heard about this once, this lady bought a mattress for a good price probably to good then she got bit up by bed bugs
December 18, 2008 @ 05:08 PM
SOLE

Fuck, get rid of everything.

Burn your mattress if you have to. The bed is the most vulnerable spot (obviously).

why burn when you can put everything on craigslist for epic lulz?
December 18, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
zzzboy

how can you tell if you have beg bugs? any characteristic rashes, etc, or do you just have to see them?
December 18, 2008 @ 05:35 PM
Shadows.

Thats insane shit yo.
December 18, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
Helgen

how can you tell if you have beg bugs? any characteristic rashes, etc, or do you just have to see them?

You start getting itchy, then you see red shit on your skin, then sometimes you see blood dripping from you for two reasons: A big bite, or because you were scratching it all night. The bugs have some special liquid in which they numb the spot before feeding off of you and you cannot feel them on you. They also are hard to spot since blood is a semi-dark/light color which could merge with almost any color other than white, so when I be cleaning, i can't see them bastards unless I look good, or I just wash the damn shit. So far, I've spent like $150+ for air mattress till I got a floor Futon (Japanese style,) and I need another sofa, new interior like drawers, I'm going hard body on these shits, I don't ever want to have them no mo'.

The bugs are bastards, I don' know why, but you got to really stomp the fuck out of them to kill them, and roach spray seems to not do shit to them. They're like vampires, they only come out in the dark, and hide in dark corners during the night to drink your blood when you sleep, they smell CO2 from your body and sense your body heat and your sweat and shit, UGH.

Honestly, I'd much rather have normal roaches, at least those nigas never bothered me, they're just embarrassing. If I could bribe the cockroaches to kick the shit out of these bed bugs in exchange for food and hospitality, shit, I'd take them out to dinner and let them fuck on my bed.
December 18, 2008 @ 05:46 PM
MiamiSkate

^i think you can like take apart your sofa , and furniture or whatever and let them air out in the sun?
December 18, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
Helgen

Nah dude, I'm in NYC, plus, thee bugs have no unusual climate preference unless it's an intense temperature of either, like either really hot, or really cold, then they'll die.

If you read the articles I posted, you'll see that these are an infestation to a home and other people alike, they're horrible.

Plus, I have no more furniture LOL, I threw it all away.
December 18, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
JohnnyBoy

Your going to have to call an exterminator before it starts to get worse.
December 18, 2008 @ 05:49 PM
Helgen

Oh, and tomorrow morning, the exterminators are coming to bomb the house with some spray or some shit, I'm so busy, I can't even tend to business... Ugh.
December 18, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
MiamiSkate

dude thats giving me chills, and idk about sleeping tonight lol
December 18, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
thelurkers

You're screwed. The bad part is that if they're in your building, it doesn't matter what you do -they'll come back. The only way to deal with them is to have the entire building fumigated. It should be covered for a few days to kill them all. Bed bugs are insane - they can live for 6+ months with no food. My building got them and everyone had to get rid of everything. If you have bed bugs and your landlord isn't taking care of them, stop paying rent. I don't know about ny, but in california the law says you don't have to pay for a place that is inhabitable. Simply having bed bugs makes a building legally inhabitable.
December 18, 2008 @ 07:54 PM
A!exander

My skin is crawlin from this thread. This joint is like havin scabies or somethin. I once had poison ivy but the medicine wasnt doin anything and i went to the hospital and they thought i had scabies. I was like WTF, and i had to wash all this crap in my room change sheets and touvh anyone. I even threw out my ipod headphones, sad And the wholeee time i only had poison ivy. it was such a pain. The thing bout scabies that they live under ur skin and cause rashes and lines all over your body and can transfer from hand shakes and can live without a host for several days. Hope you get rid of this nifestation soon!
December 18, 2008 @ 09:44 PM
camthraxFHK

Jesus. Good luck with all of this man. Rotten way to spend the holidays...
December 18, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
AntonyT

we call them crabs in new mex
December 18, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
Helgen

You guys have no idea how much of a nightmare this is, I'm seriously getting emotional and stress problems, I can't sleep, I'm constantly cleaning things and hoping I don't see another one, I feel like I have to throw everything away, this is so disastrous... I opened my closet where I keep my good clothing, I saw one bug on my favorite vintage flannel piece, I have to throw all that shit up in the wash yo, damn... I wanted to keep my vintage new pieces crisp at least for 2 years, now I got to wash/fade them all in hot water, damnit.
December 18, 2008 @ 11:16 PM
EmPaN@Da 4 U

You guys have no idea how much of a nightmare this is, I'm seriously getting emotional and stress problems, I can't sleep, I'm constantly cleaning things and hoping I don't see another one, I feel like I have to throw everything away, this is so disastrous... I opened my closet where I keep my good clothing, I saw one bug on my favorite vintage flannel piece, I have to throw all that shit up in the wash yo, damn... I wanted to keep my vintage new pieces crisp at least for 2 years, now I got to wash/fade them all in hot water, damnit.

aside from clutter or bringing them in from a host, maybe this is why you have them. esp since u love vintage shopping. a wash has been in order for sometime.

secondly, i just had bed bugs. they are annoying, 4 out of 6 families in my building had them. dont need to throw away anything wood so long as u go through the wood's knots(dark spots the critters hide in) annd kill them all. if u see a live one cut it and pop it in half and they do lay eggs so be thorogh. the clothes will be fine, just ash once. but the extrerminator must bomb your house. leave the bedframs in the house and be sure you spray and saturate everything, including the walls.

fyi. bedbug bites are very distinct b/c they look like a track or two parallel rows from the bedbug biting you, then moving to a new spot as you stir in your sleep. i knowww this shit mannnn. chincha te quiero

btw, i bet empanadas de chincha would be awesome
December 18, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
Helgen

Thanks empanada, currently though, I got all my clothing in bags, need to throw shit out to make space for the storage of other shit and room for the exterminators. Can you tell me exactly how they did it to your house and what you did?
December 19, 2008 @ 06:57 AM
KUSH

yo u fuckin scaring me theres a bunch of ants crawling on my bed out of nowhere i dont see any dead cockroaches or anything
December 19, 2008 @ 11:13 AM
Helgen

So after getting all the shit out and not sleeping for days, I'm in Electric Devil's crib while the dudes exterminate my crib. This niga ain't even home, I'm at his house with his mom and dad and shit using nigas PC's hahaha.

I feel like shit.
December 19, 2008 @ 02:51 PM
MiamiSkate

dude you said you cant sleep because of this, imagine me man, i cant sleep just reading this. Good Luck to you man
December 19, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
hatchofchi

What about you cloths shoes and stuff? Is it any good?
December 19, 2008 @ 03:20 PM
krn_zmb

sorry we didnt have the heart to tell you helg

but its crabs

Please login first to reply.