December 14, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
keakkk

Okay here's the deal.

I'm 15. I'm a sophomore in high school. My parents will NEVER let me hang out. Well maybe like once a week maybe even once every 2 weeks, very rare though. However my social life is pretty good, i'm not depressed or anything. It's just whenever I ask my parents if I can just kick it with a few friends they're always like...No it's dangerous no stop asking no you're not going anywhere today no you're staying home. Like seriously I lose friends because of this and I don't know how to get my parents to let me do things and go out more.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:13 PM
Citizen-16657

Either sell them to the local Toyota dealer or chinese food spot
December 14, 2008 @ 07:13 PM
JayLovesPinays

They wanna keep you fresh for that future Korean doctor that comes along.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:17 PM
pnsho

I myself am Asian, but I break apart from my family.

They hate having me around family gatherings. I embarrass them. But that's because I stopped being shy. That's the downfall of every Asian guy/girl: they're shy as fuck and are pushovers.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
WhiteMike

god im glad my white parents dont give a fuck what i do
December 14, 2008 @ 07:26 PM
clutchin.

god im glad my white parents dont give a fuck what i do

Co-Sign.

Except I'm not of the caucasian descent.
randomgrandeur

You don't. You deal.
DREWKKAKE

im glad my parents were in your position so that they knew how gay it was and let me out

tell them that is stupid, tell them your a big boy, and tell them to not be such fobs.

nobody wants to kidnap a teenage asian kid anyways.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

December 14, 2008 @ 07:28 PM
JayLovesPinays

Hold on, it's a guy? I got the impression it was a girl.

Oh well.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:30 PM
rich

It always sucks for the first generation asian kids
December 14, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
STI Guy

hey kid you might have not realized this yet, but it's one of the negatives of being asian and i say 95% of asians had to live through this. the other 5% have awesome ass parents and never had shitty gay parenting. black people have to live through racism, mexicans have to deal with border patrol, and us asians have fuckshit parents. everyone has their own shit. you just have to live through it until you're old enough to move out. and like ohsnap said, dont become a shy bitch.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
southwest55

Just tell them you and your friends are going out to study Math.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:32 PM
STI Guy

haha. see drewbacca is one of the lucky ones.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
keakkk

I'm not a shy little bitch though. I've asked and asked and fuckin' complained.

I just don't know what the big deal is, of letting your kid go out and have some fun with a couple of friends for a couple of hours.

they don't even let me spend the night at my friends house, like wtf?

all my white friends think its weird when they're like..."Yo dude you should spend the night tonight and we can go out and do whatever"

then i tell em..yeah my parents won't let me.

it sucks dude.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
rich

Then you should probably go with southwest's idea lol
December 14, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
keakkk

I've tried it.

they just don't trust me and they worry about me too much. like fuckin take a hit of a blunt and relax.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
pnsho

I'm not a shy little bitch though. I've asked and asked and fuckin' complained.

I just don't know what the big deal is, of letting your kid go out and have some fun with a couple of friends for a couple of hours.

they don't even let me spend the night at my friends house, like wtf?

all my white friends think its weird when they're like..."Yo dude you should spend the night tonight and we can go out and do whatever"

then i tell em..yeah my parents won't let me.

it sucks dude.

This happened to me plenty of times.

They hate me staying over at my homie's house because of these reasons:

1) I'm invading on my homie's family's space
2) It's rude; not 'ethical'

But honestly, the main reason why these old-fashioned Asian parents are like this goes back to one reason: they don't trust you or anybody else.

I say, just make up BS excuses and go chill. It's funny that you're a sophomore in high school; I thought the Asian parents being strict thing stops right when you get into high school.

At least it stopped for me. I just was a bad kid in high school, and that's why they're back to being strict assholes again.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
mbeezy

I love my mom. Let me take the Amtrak to San Jose. No questions asked. I was just like "Mom, i'm gonna go down to San jose for my friends birthday. Is that cool?" She just asks me when I'm coming back, and when she's gonna have to pick me up.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:46 PM
keakkk

I do say bullshit excuses, but i'd rather not because they have found out before.

they dont trust me, and it's almost impossible to get that trust back.

i seriously just don't know how to tell them that they need to trust me and let me do things.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
hypism.

watch Better Luck Tomorrow. you should try and live that life.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
clutchin.

Don't ask. Just do it.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:52 PM
krn_zmb

In my position of being asian, I could say i have the least strict parents i have ever met, asian or not. In terms of letting me do stuff, i can usually do whatever the fuck i want.
When it comes to education, they trip balls. I just had a conversation with my father the other day about how i was a bit tired of college and how i wanted to go to music school. He wasnt very fond of the idea at first but he heard me out. Trust me either, im not a retarded kid who did badly in school. I actually did quite well.
But my point is i think if you kind of i guess just sit them down and talk to them like an adult, they'll understand... except if your filipino of course, cas those motha fuckers are crazy.
December 14, 2008 @ 07:58 PM
DAT CAT

when i was hell of younger my parents would never let me go out ever. but now i can go kick it a lot more, i guess it just comes with time, and prove your responsibility. or try to. but my parents still won't let me sleep over someone's house. crazy ******s
December 14, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
keakkk

How old are you? ^^^
December 14, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
pnsho

keakk, things should get better when you hit junior/senior year.

Just go home late. That's what I do every Friday.

If they ask you shit, just lie.
December 14, 2008 @ 08:35 PM
keakkk

like for real i cant fucking wait till i get out and be careless and shit.
December 14, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
kaboom

I have filipino parents and they get really fucking pissed off when I have all a's and 1 b+ on my report card. My dad calls me a failure and that I'll become homeless and shit.confused Its weird cuz all my cousins get c's and their parents don't give a fuck.
December 14, 2008 @ 08:52 PM
timmehboii

Yeah. I have to deal with this all the time, i cant go out at like night, but if it is just chilling at my friends house, they are cool with that. Yeah, you just have to take it and just deal with it, dont get mad or angry and start arguing because that will make it worse, when they say no, just be like "why?", and then be like "please!" and if they say no again, just take it and deal with it.

What race are you, because i've found that southeast asian parents are a little less strict then say, korean parents.
December 14, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
b w a l k

it's obvious that the only solution to this problem is to kill your parents.
December 14, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
ALLOUT.

ktran?
WTF.

Please login first to reply.