J

So...
It's about that time in my life...
I'm looking into engagement ring/wedding band sets,
something like this...

Anyone have any good ideas?
December 3, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
1w/theGUN

Goto JAREDS my dude, like real talk, she'll be happy with any set you get from them. I just got my girl one for our anniversary.smile
December 3, 2008 @ 03:46 PM
J

I haven't been there yet, I've been to tiffanys and it's mad expensive.
December 3, 2008 @ 03:55 PM
1w/theGUN

its not that expensive, i bought a bracelet 2 months ago from there. unless they jacked the prices up again.
December 3, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
healthytext

December 3, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
MiamiSkate

onion rings....nah.... but like everbody said jared is the way to go
December 3, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
SubPrime

u do realize that she gets half ur stuff unless u sign a pre-nup
December 3, 2008 @ 05:24 PM
1w/theGUN

Do you realize that he knows what his doing.......

I mean he's buying the ring not you.
December 3, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
babyshoe

ask her friends. my girlfriend for example want a solitaire. if you run in higher income circles, you might wanna get something with a good name along side it. like cartier or tiffany's.
December 3, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
tommyroks

If you dont want to embarrassed your future wife. You should get her at least a 2 ct of solid rock. Tiffany is cool but you paying for the name. I went in there with my boy, they wanted $25K for a carat. Thats $50K for 2!!.
December 3, 2008 @ 06:00 PM
TeddyLearned

3 x-mas's ago, i got my wife a 1 ct (princess cut) solitaire platinum engagement ring & she loved it/still loves it.

i got it from here....

www.diamond.com/

LearnedVices.com

December 3, 2008 @ 06:08 PM

Inactive

December 3, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
dmwalking

congrats homie...i'd suggest you ask her mom and friends...they'll know what she likes...nahmean? unless she's the type that appreciates what YOU do for her as opposed to what she wants..cuz then you can get her what YOU think is nice..nahmean? but i'm assuming she's like most and wants her dream ring..so ask the mom/friends. I mean, hb is full of dudes...and most of them young dudes too...sooo, yeah..

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 3, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
Sarcaustic

I haven't been there yet, I've been to tiffanys and it's mad expensive.

Lol, but worth the price.

If you dont want to embarrassed your future wife. You should get her at least a 2 ct of solid rock. Tiffany is cool but you paying for the name. I went in there with my boy, they wanted $25K for a carat. Thats $50K for 2!!.

It's expensive because of the quality, not the name. Tiffany Co. uses Grade A diamonds with no carbon in them.

Pay more for quality. It's worth it than getting a crappy quality diamond with a lot of carbon.

Save up and go with Tiffany Co. or Cartier.

Good luck! smile
December 3, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
dmwalking

Lol, but worth the price.

It's expensive because of the quality, not the name. Tiffany Co. uses Grade A diamonds with no carbon in them.

Pay more for quality. It's worth it than getting a crappy quality diamond with a lot of carbon.

Save up and go with Tiffany Co. or Cartier.

Good luck! smile

can you explain why? then again i'm not a part of elite circles where somebody will pop out w/a monocle and examine the clarity of the diamond...i'm saying, to me, I'd have a big rock with some carbon in it than a carbonless chip...imagine my girl with a little tiny rock like "at least mine doesn't have carbon!!!" lol...her homegirl will be like, at least mine is 2 karats.

a woman would rather have a 10 inch cock that lasts 15 minutes than a 5 inch cock that lasts 2 hours...just saying.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 3, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
FRESHPRINCE707

^^ i like how you compared fat cock to an engagement ring
December 3, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
Sarcaustic

can you explain why? then again i'm not a part of elite circles where somebody will pop out w/a monocle and examine the clarity of the diamond...i'm saying, to me, I'd have a big rock with some carbon in it than a carbonless chip...imagine my girl with a little tiny rock like "at least mine doesn't have carbon!!!" lol...her homegirl will be like, at least mine is 2 karats.

a woman would rather have a 10 inch cock that lasts 15 minutes than a 5 inch cock that lasts 2 hours...just saying.

Lol, I'm just saying when it comes to jewelry - especially diamonds - quality is much better than quantity. Better quality diamonds with less carbon shines more in the light and looks better (because they are not as dirty as cheaper diamonds with carbon in them).

Also, if for some reason, you plan to sell your diamonds, all jewelry stores and people who want to get their money's worth will check for the quality of the diamond. A Grade-A diamond will always be it's money's worth. However, you can buy a lower-grade diamond for cheap, and sell it for cheaper. You will lose money.

And I'm not talking about the carbon atoms that make up the structure of a diamond. I'm talking about the flaws in a diamond.

You want a diamond with nice clarity, cut, and colors. You don't judge a diamond by its size. All the biggest diamonds found in the world have been cut to leave all the crappy parts out because it'd be worth even more when clear, not when it's the biggest size.

Bigger carat doesn't necessarily mean better diamond.

Hope that helps. smile
December 3, 2008 @ 09:07 PM
SubPrime

get her a fake diamond, bitch won't even know cause bitches are dumb.
December 3, 2008 @ 09:15 PM
DAT CAT

i like teh way you think, sir
December 3, 2008 @ 09:43 PM
babyshoe

until she cracks it, then you'll be leaving with half or buying a bigger stone.

A diamond is your statement to her friends to say that you're a good guy(or at least not a cheap ass hole). General rule of thumb if you have a higher paying job is 10% of your salary on the ring. If you don't and work a job that pays wages, then its 3 months pay.
December 3, 2008 @ 10:22 PM
dmwalking

Lol, I'm just saying when it comes to jewelry - especially diamonds - quality is much better than quantity. Better quality diamonds with less carbon shines more in the light and looks better (because they are not as dirty as cheaper diamonds with carbon in them).

Also, if for some reason, you plan to sell your diamonds, all jewelry stores and people who want to get their money's worth will check for the quality of the diamond. A Grade-A diamond will always be it's money's worth. However, you can buy a lower-grade diamond for cheap, and sell it for cheaper. You will lose money.

And I'm not talking about the carbon atoms that make up the structure of a diamond. I'm talking about the flaws in a diamond.

You want a diamond with nice clarity, cut, and colors. You don't judge a diamond by its size. All the biggest diamonds found in the world have been cut to leave all the crappy parts out because it'd be worth even more when clear, not when it's the biggest size.

Bigger carat doesn't necessarily mean better diamond.

Hope that helps. smile

i know what you're saying...but i hope you know what i'm saying...i mean tiffany's is doing $50k for a 2 karat? dayum...what i'm saying is i'll take a slightly flawed 2k diamond for less instead of getting a quarter karat for like 6g's..

December 4, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
babyshoe

i know what you're saying...but i hope you know what i'm saying...i mean tiffany's is doing $50k for a 2 karat? dayum...what i'm saying is i'll take a slightly flawed 2k diamond for less instead of getting a quarter karat for like 6g's..

2 carats is big. Like you're pretty balling at that point. I'm lucky I don't have to buy a diamond
December 4, 2008 @ 10:10 AM
karl winslow

It all depends on the quality. Your future wife WILL know the difference in grades, whether you know it or not. They will find every single little flaw in the diamond imaginable, so the higher the grade of the 4 C's, the more expensive. Jared's will not have high-grade diamonds, and if they do, they will be JUST as expensive as Tiffany's. So, it all boils down to whether you wanna sacrifice a little dough and go down a grade, where your girl will realize, or you can step up, pay the piper and make that bitch happy. Bitches are not dumb when it comes to money and diamonds. Belee dat.
December 4, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
Virunga

Get her that Blood Diamond and I guarantee she'll be giving you head till your both 90.

Or a crack rock

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

December 4, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
Lykewise

Don't do it man! Hold off, RECONSIDER

Lol, no but seriously... I've heard good things about Jareds, but make sue you seek the advice of a good friend of the female, because they will know what to get for your girl.
December 4, 2008 @ 03:48 PM
randomgrandeur

. Women are not dumb when it comes to money and diamonds. Belee dat.

Just go with the smaller, quality diamond if you have to. You know we'll get that appraised on the low, right?
December 4, 2008 @ 04:07 PM
moosehair

2 words quarter machine
December 4, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
aclosedbox

unless she's a hood rat a smaller, higher quality diamond will be much better than a bigger low quality one...

remember that she's gonna be looking at this thing on her finger for hopefully the next 50+ years...also remember that she will be able to tell if it's quality or not...and if she can't, homegirls can. and 9/10 girls will care where it came from...and half the people she shows it to will ask where it came from as well...

all good reasons to go with tiffany's if you can even imaginably afford it.

Please login first to reply.