FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
November 23, 2008 @ 11:17 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

any others of y'all out there? It's mad weird to like explain what it's like being an only child to people who have brothers and sisters and shit, so I started a thread just in case some of y'all happen to share this rare ass situation. Memories, situations, ways you feel like it affected your personality? Imaginary friends? lol

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

November 23, 2008 @ 11:23 PM
kidrobot

I hate to get multi-player video games on Chirstmas. All your friends are playing with their family, and all you got is yourself. Brings a single tear to my eye...
November 23, 2008 @ 11:25 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

hell yeah, that's why I got so into RPGs and adventure games and shit, because they're single player and I didn't feel mad lonely thinkin bout why i was always playing the computer

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

November 23, 2008 @ 11:28 PM
menace2

i'm an only child

my friends are barry white, off the wall era michael and all by my lonesome cowboy
November 23, 2008 @ 11:30 PM
illy

i love being an only child
don't have to share anything with anybody. yessss
November 23, 2008 @ 11:34 PM

Inactive

+1
November 23, 2008 @ 11:37 PM
menace2

^^^

I always knew you were one of us. You never said it out loud, but i could sense it in you.
November 23, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
Seeing Red

and when your turn 16

you get your own car
November 23, 2008 @ 11:39 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

^^^

I always knew you were one of us. You never said it out loud, but i could sense it in you.

honestly, so could I.

my imaginary friend's name was Michael btw.

Fade, what year were you born?

November 23, 2008 @ 11:39 PM
pnsho

Witless, I can be your Asian brother.

But on the real, I have a younger brother. If I was an only child, I'd get beat more, so it works out in the end.
November 23, 2008 @ 11:46 PM
babyshoe

I'm an only child. I think i'd be totally different if I had a sibling.
November 23, 2008 @ 11:48 PM
menace2

honestly, so could I.

my imaginary friend's name was Michael btw.

Fade, what year were you born?

i was born in 1984, the year George Orwell predicted that Apple would dominate.

i had no imaginary friend, i have an alter ego though, not unlike Charles Bukowski/Hank Chinaski. He's still around, I whip it out the moment i step out the door.
November 23, 2008 @ 11:50 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

that was right around the time the Chinese Government had that one child per family rule right?

menace2

that would blow to be an only child

it doesn't really blow...if it does, definitely more Rick Ross than Jenna Jameson.
babyshoe

ha nice line. we're not spoiled... we just have more love.
November 23, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

word, I think i've noticed that Only Children are into like grown up shit way earlier that other kids since we dont have other kids to do kid shit with. I was like closely following politics and shit since I was in 6th grade just because my parents are political junkies and I picked that up by like osmosis

November 24, 2008 @ 12:04 AM
meowmeowmeow

just play with your dick. color eyes and nostrils on him (cuz he gotta breathe) i like to act like i'm the big brother. I choke the shit out of him!!
November 24, 2008 @ 12:07 AM
menace2

yeah at the end of the day everyone is an Only Child. an Only Child of God. and remember, nobody is your friend or enemy, they're your teachers and random hookups for one night. At the end of the day, all you got in this world is your dick. And if you're a girl...well, SOL buddy, SO fucking L.
November 24, 2008 @ 12:11 AM
meowmeowmeow

^word. my dick stands by me through break ups, hook ups, heart breaks, loveless nights. It's the only one i need in this world.

this goes out to my nigga, dick.
November 24, 2008 @ 12:19 AM
twothousand1.

Ayo I grew up very athletic, hard headed
thought I knew everything, wanted to do everything
I was spoiled, stubborn, the only child
so the only thing I could do was hold it down
November 24, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
zyezye

get all the love and get all the blame

i guess it might mean why i prefer RPG/single player games most of the time.
all my friends all got siblings and I'm the only one that doesnt and they think im lucky, but honestly shits gets kinda lonely sometimes. i know it made me more independant. from grade 3 till now i've been basicly living on my own since my mom and pops had to work till late.

Sometimes i get those moments now where i just prefer to be alone and not be bothered just me and my thoughts. and my girlfriend thought it was weird when i was at her place and just left for a walk and sat at a park bench for a long ass while. and she thought i was pissed at her but she just didnt understand lol
November 24, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

word, that shit be hard to explain, most people really don't understand that type of shit

November 24, 2008 @ 12:40 AM
menace2

yeah and most of the stuff I say, it would take someone who's been around me for 50 years to understand what I'm babbling about.
November 24, 2008 @ 12:42 AM

Inactive

im not surprised im an obvious only child

im arrogant, self-indulgent, i think im the center of the world...im quite obvious about it
November 24, 2008 @ 12:43 AM
menace2

wait...so if you're center of the world, and I'm center of the world...

shit, I think we have just solved the physics problem of parallel universes. Someone hand us our fuckin nobel invitation and plane tickets to Stockholm ASAP.
November 24, 2008 @ 01:25 AM
zyezye

^^ holy shit thats like finding a way to divide by zero

idunno bout you guys but i think being an only child and having those preferred quiet moments just seems to ease my head, sometimes i get into deep thought about things going around me.

i think its safe to say that most only kids mature faster mentally and as a person, and its also evident that most of us when it comes to music prefer the lyrical shit.

but then again we like to go stupid and party hard when we get the chance.
November 24, 2008 @ 01:37 AM
est1984

OC checkin in!

Spoiled? No, "taken care of." Yes.

Its not that big of a deal when you have lived it your whole life and cannot do anything to change it!! I like the motivation it has given me to be successful and the things I have been very fortunate to have and have experienced b/c of being an OC.

I will someday have 2+ kids, just because I know its what I truely want and not something related to problems or downfalls associated with being the OC!

Deep stuff here!!
November 24, 2008 @ 04:41 AM
Kshawn

I'm not an only child, but shit I might as well be. Me and my sister don't get along period at all...she on her shit and i'm mines. I never had imaginary friends but i sure as hell talked to myself alot still do from time to time..weird I know, also to the person that said they kinda grew up fast because they're parents worked late I can also relate..since like kindergarten growing up in the projects on some hell of an island with my dad being some dead beat and my mom struggling to provide for me and my sister, I grew up fast never cared for toys and shit like most kids my age...i got into toys in like middle school LOL bionicles or some shit...but all in all yeah I can relate to some of yall.

It is what it is.

November 24, 2008 @ 08:21 AM
traCk.

word im an only child too...only negativity i experienced was my parents being extremely hard on me in school. otherwise its fine except that sometimes my mom doesnt get the fact that her son is 22 now and she still wants me to be 8 yrs old
November 24, 2008 @ 09:31 AM
Jim Jardashian

I have 4 brothers.

Please login first to reply.