FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
November 12, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
midwestfever

make less cars

i drive past about 5 car dealerships every week, and living where i do, a lot of the cars are american, ford, chevy, cadillac, etc and the car lots are fucking massive!

then, nearing the end of every year, they push and push and push to get that years models out before the next year, probably LOSING money since they have to take the initial hit of not selling anywhere near msrp, another hit by having to loan the car out (they might get interest but some % goes to the bank, not the car manufacturer) and even today i saw a few 2006 ford f-150s, quite a few of them actually, still unowned by a party aside from that dealer

especially with current economic times, new cars are being bought less and less, so instead of making 100 cars when only 30 will sell in the first half of the year, make 80 cars, you have potentially not earned as much, figuring about 60-70 cars will be bought that YEAR if 30 were sold in the first half, but at least you do not have left over assets that do nothing but depreciate by the thousands when the year is up, even half way through the year!

so what if people lose hours or wages because your assembly line only is pushing out half the amount it did the previous year, but this will increase efficiency and more than likely over all vehicle quality

or am i completely wrong here

FORUM SIGNATURE

November 12, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
midwestfever

but if they would have just produced half the cars they wouldve been fine

think about the biggest companies, ford, toyota, how many camrys and shit do you see on the road, think that plus 30% for how many they actually MADE that year that either arent being driven or were sent across the country to other dealers

FORUM SIGNATURE

November 12, 2008 @ 07:29 PM
meowmeowmeow

they'll carry the same car over and over for different preferences of the buyer. Whether he wants LX, ZX, vtech, gps, leather, green, tan, purple, cloth.
They make enough off the few cars they sell to cover much of it. But I agree some.
November 12, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
MiamiSkate

toyotas are japaneese

Please login first to reply.