Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 31, 2008 @ 01:30 PM
Flatland Funk

decided to hop in:

I can respect the straight edge thing but why is it so bad to do some drugs/drink?? I smoke a lot of weed but i can still have fun without it and ive done it. I dont like drinking as much so i dont do that regularly. But without sounding like a "hippe stoner" weed can do a lot of helpful stuff for you. You can relax, use it to help fall asleep if you have insomnia[like i do], you're more creative, doing boring things can seem really fun etc etc.

psychadellics opens up a whole new world when you do them. If you do shrooms or acid you can have life changing experiences, and just be in a different state of mind.

Id rather smoke some weed, do some acid and shrooms and live my life then be on my death bed wishing i would have lived a little bit.

Being above drugs and alcohol is one thing but when you turn it into this whole "scene" thats just some shit you wanna be a part of and not really doing it for yourself. If i didnt do any drugs or anything i would NEVER label myself as straight edge and get fucking lame xXx tattoos. Id just tell people drugs arent my thing...
October 31, 2008 @ 02:36 PM
xdiddykongx

decided to hop in:

I can respect the straight edge thing but why is it so bad to do some drugs/drink?? I smoke a lot of weed but i can still have fun without it and ive done it. I dont like drinking as much so i dont do that regularly. But without sounding like a "hippe stoner" weed can do a lot of helpful stuff for you. You can relax, use it to help fall asleep if you have insomnia[like i do], you're more creative, doing boring things can seem really fun etc etc.

psychadellics opens up a whole new world when you do them. If you do shrooms or acid you can have life changing experiences, and just be in a different state of mind.

Id rather smoke some weed, do some acid and shrooms and live my life then be on my death bed wishing i would have lived a little bit.

Being above drugs and alcohol is one thing but when you turn it into this whole "scene" thats just some shit you wanna be a part of and not really doing it for yourself. If i didnt do any drugs or anything i would NEVER label myself as straight edge and get fucking lame xXx tattoos. Id just tell people drugs arent my thing...

Good for you, you're not correlated with hardcore and you just don't understand what this is...

but to say that we're doing straight edge for the look? for the title? thats bullshit, why would I be doing something for someone else? I know a lot of kids on here dress for other dudes, but I'm not having a LIFESTYLE to "fit in". I'm doing it for me.

You think one way, I think another, lets just leave at that. and leave tattoos out of this
October 31, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
fffffut

decided to hop in:

this
October 31, 2008 @ 02:54 PM
ballenaenpatas

im just not down with kids not smoking or drinking because they've been brainwashed into thinking its bad. If you dont like the way it makes you act, or its against a religion you actually adhere to, or youre not trying to get had by the police, just be cool and say that.

i know straight edge kids that get upset when they dont get invited to parties but when they come they just brood in a corner. and i know straight edge dudes that come out, dance, ham it up with people and bring something to the table. do you, and if youre scared and nervous about things people are gonna know that, but if you is someone thats real no one cares shit if you drink or smoke.
October 31, 2008 @ 03:06 PM
Shadows.

There is no such thing as god.
October 31, 2008 @ 03:13 PM
Flatland Funk

Good for you, you're not correlated with hardcore and you just don't understand what this is...

but to say that we're doing straight edge for the look? for the title? thats bullshit, why would I be doing something for someone else? I know a lot of kids on here dress for other dudes, but I'm not having a LIFESTYLE to "fit in". I'm doing it for me.

You think one way, I think another, lets just leave at that. and leave tattoos out of this

bro then explain to me. whats the difference between not drinking or doing drugs and being straight edge? hardcore?
October 31, 2008 @ 03:42 PM
Augustus

Party hard work hard. One of my friends is a successful dentist and he smokes everyday and parties every weekend. I smoke everyday too and I still maintain a 3.8 in college. MAN UP!!!!!!!

@QuattroRide

October 31, 2008 @ 03:48 PM
Flatland Funk

hell yea korean
October 31, 2008 @ 05:46 PM
J THRILLLAH

I claimed when I turned 21. I'm 23 now and still edge. I'm frequently asked to drink, smoke, etc, especially when I work at a restaurant/bar! A handful of my friends have broken but I'm still here.

October 31, 2008 @ 05:54 PM
J THRILLLAH

I believe the term you are looking for is "normal"

It's so much more than "normal."

October 31, 2008 @ 11:43 PM
camthraxFHK

Fuck edge. I messed with that shit in HS. It was cool, but it was only other people who were fucked beyond belief on drugs and booze that made me edge.

Once I had the integrity to do what I wanted, I learned to appreciate a fine liquor, wine, or strand of marijuana.

I quickly found out that listening to outrageously abrasive was negatively affecting my life moreso than the booze and drugs. If you can live in some high school HxC bubble, then do it, but very few people in the real world wants to listen to some grind core band and eat candy for fun.

I could never get laid when I listened to hardcore.
October 31, 2008 @ 11:49 PM
Subsistence.

Can you dudes quit fucking calling it edge/straight edge and just say you don't drink or do drugs? Kthx.
November 1, 2008 @ 12:27 AM
dynamiteden

Cigarettes killed my father, and raped my mother!
November 1, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
bossdonkiddavel

ive been wanting to go straight edge for a while, and i finally started this month... mainly after my arrest because it gave me time to think about it
November 1, 2008 @ 12:32 AM
Subsistence.

ive been wanting to quit drinking and drugs for a while, and i finally started this month... mainly after my arrest because it gave me time to think about it

Fixed*

Now can you all do the same in future posts?
November 1, 2008 @ 12:39 AM
dynamiteden

Only if you say "tabbernackle" instead of "drunk" or "high." Deal?
November 1, 2008 @ 12:41 AM
Subsistence.

Deal.
November 1, 2008 @ 12:42 AM
dynamiteden

smile
November 1, 2008 @ 01:02 AM
Flatland Funk

Fixed*

Now can you all do the same in future posts?
bro you're so right. Thats why i was trying to say earlier why label yourself "straight edge" instead of just being a person who doesnt drink or do drugs. I mean i dont die my hair but i dont go call it some fucking name
November 2, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
J THRILLLAH

Okay, here's how I see it. I know some people think, "Why label yourself?" To me, straight edge isn't just a label, there's more to it. There's a history! Just think of edge as a "lifestyle". I know that sounds a bit lame, but it's the only word I could find for it. It's similar to a religion, in the sense that there's values, beliefs, symbolism. Don't get confused, being edge has nothing to do with who you pray to, your sexuality..and no...straight edge isn't out there to save the planet. It also doesn't matter if you're Democrat or Republican.

It's similar to being vegan; you don't eat meat and do not use products made from animals. Why? Well, every person has their own reasons. Same thing applies to being edge. Yes, I'm sober, and I have my own reasons and intentions of being sober, pure, clean. I just don't like poisoning my body with drugs and alcohol. Cigarettes are hella nasty, expensive and don't make you look "cool."

I claimed edge for me, not because it was the cool thing to do. (Even today, it seems to be cool to claim a religion) Most of my friends party, and it doesn't bother me. I still go out, I'm not going to end friendships just because someone doesn't live the way I do.

Go listen to Minor Threat, Champion, The Mongoloids, shit..the list goes on. (Yes, straight edge is also in the hip hop scene as well.)

If you're edge, cool. If you're sober, awesome. If you party every night harder than Andrew W K, it's all good. Just as someone respects my choices, I respect theirs.

Also, it's considered a "gang" because of the militant edge kids. They would fuck shit up if they saw strangers in the street lighting up a cigarette.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwaIout0R4

November 2, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
fffffut

saying you're straightedge and saying you "claimed" just makes it seem like you have to belong to a scene
November 2, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
julian.

I respect the edge culture.
I do not drink/smoke neither.

But i do not really label my self as edge, going out to get an XXX SXE tattoo, or some X's on my wrists. But i guess i kind of support the lifestyle?

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

November 2, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
Flatland Funk

Okay, here's how I see it. I know some people think, "Why label yourself?" To me, straight edge isn't just a label, there's more to it. There's a history! Just think of edge as a "lifestyle". I know that sounds a bit lame, but it's the only word I could find for it. It's similar to a religion, in the sense that there's values, beliefs, symbolism. Don't get confused, being edge has nothing to do with who you pray to, your sexuality..and no...straight edge isn't out there to save the planet. It also doesn't matter if you're Democrat or Republican.

It's similar to being vegan; you don't eat meat and do not use products made from animals. Why? Well, every person has their own reasons. Same thing applies to being edge. Yes, I'm sober, and I have my own reasons and intentions of being sober, pure, clean. I just don't like poisoning my body with drugs and alcohol. Cigarettes are hella nasty, expensive and don't make you look "cool."

I claimed edge for me, not because it was the cool thing to do. (Even today, it seems to be cool to claim a religion) Most of my friends party, and it doesn't bother me. I still go out, I'm not going to end friendships just because someone doesn't live the way I do.

Go listen to Minor Threat, Champion, The Mongoloids, shit..the list goes on. (Yes, straight edge is also in the hip hop scene as well.)

If you're edge, cool. If you're sober, awesome. If you party every night harder than Andrew W K, it's all good. Just as someone respects my choices, I respect theirs.

Also, it's considered a "gang" because of the militant edge kids. They would fuck shit up if they saw strangers in the street lighting up a cigarette.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwaIout0R4
militant edge kids? sound like fags to me. They would beat someone down because theyre smoking a cig? That has to be the dumbest shit i've ever heard in my life. They "claim" edge and expect someone to respect their decision but go "fuck shit up" if someone isnt like them?

I smoke cigarettes and i feel like a bawss when i light one up. I blaze my marijuana and think about the universe. I drink at a party to loosen up and have some fun.

Why is it so bad to have a drink every now and again. No one is saying to to get shit faced and pass out in a puddle of your own vomit. Why is so bad to puff a jay? I smoke and still go to school, study, get good grades and hold down a job. I've tripped on acid and had a blast in an alternate state of mind watching colors change, having deep thoughts, and watching the clouds in the sky morph and spin around the moon.

Do what you want, but id rather have these experiences in my life rather than being the kid in the car whos bitching about someone smoking a cigarette
November 2, 2008 @ 10:22 PM
Subsistence.

Sounds like a bunch of angry hormonal dudes who ain't getting any vagina so instead they get off by trying to be hard, beating on others.
November 2, 2008 @ 10:25 PM
GoldenNoodles

Why go to high school, when you can go to school high? haaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
November 8, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
_revolt

listen you elitist bitch, you missed the entire point i was trying to say. straight edge is a predominantly hardcore punk lifestyle. not to say all hardcore bands were edge, cause they weren't and even today not all are.

did edge start in other subcultures or varying music genres like hip hop?
did jesus claim edge? maybe other biblical figures?
was tupac and biggie edge at any point?
theres so many other references and instances to go along with my point, but i'm sure you're at the very least smart enough to get that.

i'm pretty sure there isn't a religion that promotes the use of drugs, nor a religion that promotes being straight edge.

being drug-free and straight edge are TWO different things. they play off of one another, but claiming edge is within the hardcore lifestyle. i'm not knocking those who want to preserve themselves from bad shit like consuming drugs, etc etc., but i just wanted to know how many of you really knew what it means and where it began before you started throwing around false info and shit. if you claim edge, you should embrace where it began, and what it really is and not look like a fucknut on forums claiming something that you don't have a clue as to what the fuck it stands for.

i'm not edge, but being apart of FSU (look it up; urbandictionary for the idiots) , i know a lot of faithful edge guys who've been in it for years. i've never seen other people from different cultures, backgrounds, what have you, claim edge as a whole, but only be drug free at best.

goat, if you ever seen an x'd up jesus or mary magdalen, or whoever. let me know. you're about as ignorant as it gets, fucking scumbag. take your sarcasm and idiocy elsewhere. your opinions doesn't matter.

this guy is right. hands down.

goat, you have nooo idea what the fuck you're talking about and all the kids who listen to hardcore are laughing at you.

"Straight Edge refers to a lifestyle that started within the hardcore punk subculture whose adherents make a commitment to refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drugs. The term was coined by the 1980s hardcore punk band Minor Threat in the song "Straight Edge".[1] Since its inception there has been considerable debate over what constitutes a straight edge lifestyle. Adherents' main objective is to not "poison" the body in any way."
November 8, 2008 @ 04:53 PM
un19

i drink occasionally like twice a month to get drunk and party; otherwise a beer or glass of wine here and there with dinner. no drugs whatsoever and sex is a yes please!
November 19, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
J THRILLLAH

Finally, some positive words on edge in the media.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QCOQ6KTik

November 19, 2009 @ 03:57 PM
apple eyes

xvx
November 19, 2009 @ 04:13 PM
odb.

2:08, dude in a Supreme box cap :O

Please login first to reply.