October 26, 2008 @ 01:04 AM
SFLA

I find being edge kind of a problem while being in college heh. I'm straight edge because I don't drink or do drugs, not the other way around. I drank and smoked from 13-16 when I was trying to be a rebel but I'm over it. People often don't bother inviting me to clubs, parties or bars because they know I don't drink and think I won't have a good time. This dude I just met in my class was texting me asking if I wanted to chill and asked if I smoked or drank and I said no and he was like "oh. we'll chill some other night then." Anyone else feel my woes?
October 26, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
Calborn

I'm the exact same way. No partying, no drinking, drugs, sex and whatnot.

After turning my life over to God this summer, I turned a 180 in terms of lifestyle, and honestly, life's never felt better.

But that's just me.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

October 26, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
RAGINGHARDON

Lol
October 26, 2008 @ 01:07 AM
red calculator

I'm super straight edge. :D
October 26, 2008 @ 01:09 AM
randomgrandeur

No, those people are douches lol.

I've had my wild years (beginning of college) where I was kicked out of events for being a drunken mess. I don't regret it because those are my experiences.

However, there comes a point where that shit is silly. When you find yourself having to drink to loosen up, reevaluate yourself. Being dependent on getting "fucked up" to be social is lame as hell. I think it's worse when I see guys and girls do that "pretend drunk" act. Like, negro, you had a half a shot of vodka in that soda. You are not tipsy. Stop playing yourself.

I still go out on a regular basis, more so lounges and sportsbars, but strictly sober. It's more fun when you're aware of your surroundings. Those people you mentioned probably couldn't have fun being sober.

You'd probably be the DD the entire night or the babysitter for the dumb drunk chick.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:10 AM
illy

drinkin smokin straight west coastin ftw.
no peer pressure though...lawl
October 26, 2008 @ 01:11 AM
SFLA

After turning my life over to God this summer, I turned a 180 in terms of lifestyle, and honestly, life's never felt better.

That's cool. What sucks even more is I don't have one reason not to drink or do drugs. My only reason now is I'm broke and trying to get in shape so that's what I tell people. Before that is was because of that scene in Boyz in the Hood where Lawrence Fishbourne was telling everyone how there's liquor stores on every corner in black neighborhoods because the white man wants us to poison ourselves haha.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:15 AM
Subsistence.

Straight edge is super lame, but you do you.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:15 AM
Ed.Hooligan

I'm the exact same way. No partying, no drinking, drugs, sex and whatnot.

But that's just me.

Damn son, we're in the same boat !!! Real talk. I used to be a partying maniac, on the loose, out and about on some redundant, monotonous law-breaking type shit that was fucking with my capacity to learn AND my relationship w/ my fam...fucked with mad drugs, got hooked on some, drank alot, hit the clubs, passed out at parties, got into accidents, got arrested, lost weight, burned my brain out, bags under the eyes 24/7, shitty grades...I was failing @ life, on some real shit.

Couple months ago or so, I started hitting the mosque and getting my 5 daily prayers in, Ramadan came around and was a blessing because I felt bad about doing anything bad, I was focused on fasting + praying and pleading for forgiveness for all of the wiiiiiiild shit I used to do. Soon enough, things started working in my favor, and knowing that I was pleasing God was a good enough feeling to not do anything bad.

Its an indescribable feeling, on some trill ass g shit. But I'm not a saint, i wont preach to anyone about anything. Life's about doing shit, making mistakes, learning from them, and locating your comfort zone and sticking to it. If you find comfort in puffing trees on the reg, do you. If you need to hit the parties on the weekend and run through hoes, do you. If you need to be in church on Sundays and at home early talking one-to-one with God, do you. I'm doing me though and it's the best

Sorry for the long post, its just some shit ive been feeling for a minute

eaaaarly

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

October 26, 2008 @ 01:16 AM
red calculator

I don't understand why people drink; it doesn't even taste good.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:17 AM
dynamiteden

i don't do any of that stuff, but it's a personal choice that i don't force upon anyone.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:19 AM
Ed.Hooligan

20, why?

October 26, 2008 @ 01:19 AM
SFLA

Straight edge is super lame, but you do you.

I don't know why people look down upon it. Well the people who preach and shit yeah. I think it's weird drinking is the norm like it's what people are supposed to do when they're adults.

can i get a general age census in this thread just for reference.

I'm 22. Age doesn't really matter. Everyone has a big brother or friend who will hook them up if they're underage.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
Subsistence.

I don't understand why people drink; it doesn't even taste good.

You're 13 right?
October 26, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
randomgrandeur

October 26, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
hools

that's cool if you're really straight edge. there's a difference between staying sober and being straight edge. just another scene so i won't hate

but i know 'straight edge' faggots that'll flaunt the triple x's but then one weekend they'll blaze up but still consider themelves straight edge.
red calculator

You're 13 right?

Maybe... And I've tried drinking.>sad
Yousstafa101

i be teh designated driverr
October 26, 2008 @ 01:22 AM
Ed.Hooligan

why does age matter though?? Some people get fucked up, some people used to get fucked up and dont, some people are probably 25 and havent drank or smoked yet but eventually will in their life.

October 26, 2008 @ 01:23 AM
SFCA

I really respect when people can be extremely straight edge because I'm kinda the opposite. and all you people hating on them are assholes haha. also, SFLA ur name too much like mine yo.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

October 26, 2008 @ 01:23 AM
Calborn

@ Ash.

That's dope, homie. Glad to see things are going your way. =)

I'm 19.
I was involved with gangs, drank, slept around, partied, and all that stuff that I thought was "fun" at the time. But there came a point when I asked myself, "What am I doing?" and I seriously didn't feel like the person I was made to be. I felt inadequate, like if someone where to come up to me and ask, "What about yourself are you proud of?" I would have no answer.

But Jesus Christ performs miracles. =)

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

October 26, 2008 @ 01:25 AM
fffffut

being straightedge is dumb imo
you dont have to be an addict
but you can do it every so often just to chill or whatever
just my opinion
October 26, 2008 @ 01:27 AM
randomgrandeur

The thing about being straight edge in college is that a lot of students are coming to terms with their first bout with "freedom", so it's inevitable that they'll OD on all those bad vices, because there's no one there to tell them to "not fuck up".

My biggest thing was that I didn't want to waste my college experience not remembering it the next morning.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:29 AM
Ed.Hooligan

You CAN do it every so often, but you dont have to...what about choosing not to makes an individual "dumb"? When it interferes with your family life, gets in the way of school and tests your faith, why do it?

btw, I know what a "straight edge" means but i dont classify with the culture...i just do me, and dont do certain things because they dont correlate with the lifestyle i choose to follow.

October 26, 2008 @ 01:30 AM
SFLA

^That's true but that's not what it's about for me. I think moderation is cool but I have zero desire to have a drink or get high at all. I don't preach to anyone and I have friends who drink and even do coke and shit on occasion and I just chill and make sure no one fucking dies.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:32 AM
hools

You CAN do it every so often, but you dont have to...what about choosing not to makes an individual "dumb"? When it interferes with your family life, gets in the way of school and tests your faith, why do it?

btw, I know what a "straight edge" means but i dont classify with the culture...i just do me, and dont do certain things because they dont correlate with the lifestyle i choose to follow.

teen adolescence
October 26, 2008 @ 01:32 AM
Ed.Hooligan

^That's true but that's not what it's about for me. I think moderation is cool but I have zero desire to have a drink or get high at all. I don't preach to anyone and I have friends who drink and even do coke and shit on occasion and I just chill and make sure no one fucking dies.

word, i used to be blow'd out on some ill type yayo all the time, but it would make me feel like shit right after. I was never the type to preach against anything and still arent, i have friends that spark green on the daily. To each their own, real niiggas do real things and everyone should udnerstand that and keep it moving

October 26, 2008 @ 01:35 AM
dynamiteden

ironic.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:36 AM
Ed.Hooligan

You WOULD do call his bluff like that haha!

point em out, point em out

October 26, 2008 @ 01:37 AM
dynamiteden

smile

Please login first to reply.