SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
August 3, 2008 @ 09:37 PM
SprNtrl

Gdft/Ransom in Toronto were chill, but very quiet. However the dudes @ Cartel in Toronto were extra extra extra nice, cmoney n them. I'm actually back in Toronto right now and def going back to shop w/ Cartel. Great service = happy customer = return customer
Yea it's quiet in GDFT most times, and especially Ransom. GDFT isn't bad, but I wish the Ransom dudes would be a bit more friendly. No problems though with either store when asking for sizes, style, etc.

I've honestly never had a bad customer experience at any independant store. Just don't act hard and open your mouth. Gauranteed to get decent service.
August 4, 2008 @ 02:51 PM
timmehboii

i hate when you go into a store when your the only one and the clerk keeps staring at you and following you around...that makes me not wanna buy anything...
August 6, 2008 @ 04:09 AM
Calborn

i hate when you go into a store when your the only one and the clerk keeps staring at you and following you around...that makes me not wanna buy anything...

Same here.

I end up leaving after 2 minutes scared out of my mind that the dude wants to touch me and stuff.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

August 6, 2008 @ 04:15 AM
damnwitless1

assholes at Supreme, one of the oldest truths in streetwear lol

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

August 6, 2008 @ 12:10 PM
THiZZ

Supreme LA are assholes
HUF LA don't even acknowledge that you are in the store they just carry on a conversation amongst themselves.
ALIFE they are hardily in the store when im there hahaha
Diamond is pretty coo they mainly just talk shit about HB
Hundreds is ehhh
BAPE is a hit or miss some people are coo in there and some are dicks. There's this one black guy who works there who doesn't know shit about bape though...

-THiZZ
August 6, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
The Main Event

Supreme NYC seems to get a lot of shit about its employees, but when I've been there they were pretty chill. Recon, Union and Stussy all have pretty good employees too (especially Stussy, prob the coolest dudes ever).
August 6, 2008 @ 12:44 PM
STI Guy

^are you a hot girl with big boobs, a guy that ACTUALly skates, or just a friendly looking person? cause that's the only reasons that they would be nice to you.
August 6, 2008 @ 12:50 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

Uhm Goodfoot Toronto is pretty cool. Mostly because a friend works there, and another one used to work there but got fired. Ransom is cool, theyre nice. I usually go in with friends since its all mens stuff, and they're known because they work in the same area with the same type of clothing, so Ive never been treated bad in there. Stussy is ok. Never really bought anything from there since they dont have any good shit for women. Cartel was nice. I was talking to dude about his long hair and how when I cut mine off I wanted to cry. LOL And my friend works there as well. Ive never really had a bad experience in streetwear stores around here. When I travel to the states, I'll see how terrible it is. lol
August 6, 2008 @ 01:10 PM
CHEEP

The point of the business is to sell the fucking product, not make the customer feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

not if the product sells itself. if they are the only place to get the shit you want, they can do what they want and youll still buy. its like crack... is a baser gonna stop buying shit if the dude in the trap is not nice and helpful? nah
August 6, 2008 @ 01:28 PM
ReZ

i agree completely w/ everything you said

flight club, the hundreds and undftd have some of the best service

THSF is on point with the service there. Undftd LV fuckin asked if I wanted bottled water while I shopped lmao
August 6, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
slitcher

I actually had a Levi's employee laugh at me for asking for shrink-to-fits. Lemme explain, the STF aren't very available in Montreal, the guy was a new employee and had never heard about it. So he was joking around with the fits like '' YOU SHOULD BUY FIT THAT FITS OR CUT TO FIT''.

That until another employee heard him, went in the back, got me a motherfuckin pair of STF's and shut the new guy up with his jokes. Not sure if the dude actually works there anymore.

Other than that, in Montreal the service is pretty good. Sometime you'll get attitude from the folks at goodfoot but when you ask for a pair of shoes they get it and you get good service
August 6, 2008 @ 03:28 PM
pnsho

How does one actually apply to work at an independent store?

If I worked at one, I'd treat everybody with (homo) love, especially if you HB cats stop by.
August 6, 2008 @ 03:44 PM
++Phil

ive stopped by Supreme LA a couple of times with my brother, never had a problem with the people there, they were actually really chill people
August 7, 2008 @ 09:30 PM
hools

yeah i have that problem over here at the local skate shop... i guess you can't say they're independent cause there's i think 3 branches but nonetheless the employees are gay.

i miss the old employees sad
August 11, 2008 @ 02:48 AM
**tonestar**

(although not independant) adidas in philly was like this, you'd walk in there and theres 6 dudes workin in a 12'x20' store mindlessly staring out the window all wearing the same pair of adidas shoes that looked like rainbow bright took a shyt on 'em, and then vomited the easter color spectrum on 'em. first thing they do is eye you up from your feet and look at you like your not part of the "i own every color of the spectrum crew." made me never want to shop there again

Please login first to reply.