FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
August 27, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
dylan fisher

^Makes a large impersonal campus small and personal.

Easy mang...

August 27, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

Ok but cant you just find ppl that have the same interest and ambitions as you and form a group other than joining a frat because its a bunch of guys that "make" you have that filling of acceptance, or is it something im missing. Let it be known im not trying to attack you just want to know because my cousin wants to join one.

:)

August 27, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
Jamie Dimon

Fraternities are more than just about same interests and what not. Everyone who joins a fraternity has to go through a pledging phase and it bonds the new members closer through the stuff that they have to do. It may be just friends now but in the future, it's more about networking and connections. A lot of people that I know who are in fraternities got job/internship offers because an older member of the fraternity works at the company or has pull with whoever does the hiring process. Sure you can make friends and network but with a fraternity that's made much easier for you. I'm not in a fraternity, but I don't really see any disadvantages of being in one. TV/Movies portray frat guys as guys that just drink/party with crap grades but from what I see, the average fraternity member has same or better grades than the peers.

It also doesn't hurt that there are sorority girls that will suck your dick just because you're in a fraternity.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

August 27, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
dylan fisher

yeah....that

Easy mang...

August 27, 2012 @ 02:06 AM

Inactive

Spellman girls >>>>>>>>
August 27, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
FLVMINCO

I truly hate the fact that all my professors have English as their second language and I can barely understand them. No denying their intelligence though.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

August 27, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
northwest

Fraternities are more than just about same interests and what not. Everyone who joins a fraternity has to go through a pledging phase and it bonds the new members closer through the stuff that they have to do. It may be just friends now but in the future, it's more about networking and connections. A lot of people that I know who are in fraternities got job/internship offers because an older member of the fraternity works at the company or has pull with whoever does the hiring process. Sure you can make friends and network but with a fraternity that's made much easier for you. I'm not in a fraternity, but I don't really see any disadvantages of being in one. TV/Movies portray frat guys as guys that just drink/party with crap grades but from what I see, the average fraternity member has same or better grades than the peers.

It also doesn't hurt that there are sorority girls that will suck your dick just because you're in a fraternity.

all true..literally. but the thing with fraternities, and the greek system in general, at least the ones at my school (university of washington) is that the people in it seriously act like they are better than everyone else that isn't in it which makes no sense because anyone can get into the greek system just by rushing for a bit. im not really knocking on the gs that much because if i had found the right house i probably would have joined one, and i do have good friends in it. but at the end of the day, a lot of the people in it makes me think of it as HS all over again. just snobby kids acting like hot shit because they are apart of a social circle that you're not... just my 2cents
August 27, 2012 @ 06:04 PM
dylan fisher

Yeah i agree. The disparity between greeks and non-greeks is way too large at our school

Easy mang...

August 27, 2012 @ 06:08 PM
truuuchainz

are yall dormin at rutgers or commuting?
August 28, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
kmas

Anyone in Marketing?
August 28, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
kingxcreature

im going to school for architecture. taking classes at community college right now, but transferring asap. i would love to go to school in NYC 1. because i live like 20 minutes away via train 2. the opportunities are out there to take my music to the next level. any dope schools more specifically design or architecture schools in NY? i saw NYIT. really nice place, but small as hell.

NJ

August 28, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
xLucky7

Anyone here goes to Rutgers? Bout to move back in next week

know a lot of people that go there... might transfer there next semester. i go to kean atm.

Word yeah I know where kean is. You should make the move rutgers is pretty dope

actually really thinking about it man. how's the parties and stuff at Rutgers? i keep getting mixed answers... theres not many here at Kean.

thinking i'll be able to get more of the college experience up at Rutgers... gonna try and keep my grades up and hopefully transfer next semester. well, thats if i decide, and also depends on how Kean's accreditation situation is.

are yall dormin at rutgers or commuting?

if i transfer next semester, i'll prolly dorm. then commute my next 2 years either by finding an apartment (hopefully) or living at home. not trying to have more than ~25k in loans by the time i graduate.
August 28, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

How did you all score on the ACT? my GPA was fucked up when i graduated, but my ACT was pretty high. you think any schools will disregard my GPA based on my ACT scores?

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

August 28, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
element

Where my UMich students at? cool

spartan here looks like we cant be friends.

Anybody on hb in a frat?

i'm in SAE
August 28, 2012 @ 06:42 PM
jplarr

anyone at Stony Brook? If so is there a decent party scene
August 28, 2012 @ 09:24 PM
Jamie Dimon

^No, parties are mostly on Thursdays and a shitload of students go back home to NYC/LI during weekends.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

August 28, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
jplarr

fuck, really trying to go toward nyc/li for school but looking for a decent atmosphere. suggestions appreciated
August 28, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
falcon0

Any of you seniors started on the Common App yet? What are you writing your essays over?
August 28, 2012 @ 10:03 PM
jplarr

West Virginia University... BEST PARTY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY.... if you don't agree then watch this video
no fuck that's a kid from my highschool on the left in the still drinking the labatt. never made it back for his sophmore year at college. haha damn used to have detention with that fool all the time in highschool
August 28, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
xLucky7

does anyone go to seton hall? ;_; it's such a small school so i doubt it but

i know some people that go there.. heard its expensive as fuk. or was... i heard they're dropping tuition (or maybe that was another school)... i heard literally right off campus your in the hood.. that true? lol
August 29, 2012 @ 12:11 AM
honkie

Edit.

WTB: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/183997/

August 29, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
honkie

How did you all score on the ACT? my GPA was fucked up when i graduated, but my ACT was pretty high. you think any schools will disregard my GPA based on my ACT scores?

How fucked up was your GPA? I came out of HS a little worried because my ACT sub-scores contradicted my class grades:

I had a 31 on the ACT (scoring highest on Math and Science) and a 3.6/4.0 GPA (consistently getting the lowest grades in Math and Science).

But I really didn't end up encountering any problems.

WTB: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/183997/

August 29, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

@knight

33 ACT 2.8 GPA

where do you go to school?

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

August 29, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
Homes

Ok but cant you just find ppl that have the same interest and ambitions as you and form a group other than joining a frat because its a bunch of guys that "make" you have that filling of acceptance, or is it something im missing. Let it be known im not trying to attack you just want to know because my cousin wants to join one.

I lived in the dorms for a year and a half before joining a frat. Came to college not expecting to join one at all because I didn't know anyone who had joined and I believed the stereotypes about all frat guys being douchebags and stuff. After a year and a half of being in the dorms though, I was ready to try pretty much anything. the dorms were like a herb kingdom. I met probably less than 5 cool guys, and a couple of them ended up joining houses. I don't think this is the same at all colleges. First off, Seattle is known for being hard to make friends (highest rate of peole living alone is in Seattle). Also, UW is a pretty smart college (fairly hard to get into and a lot of science/med majors). This makes it so that even the cool/douche kids that join frats were smart enough to get into UW. So compared to the rest of the world, its actually a lot of the normal/chill kids that end up going greek just to "get away" from the nerds, international students, etc. in the dorms. That's why I joined, anyways.
August 29, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
Homes

all true..literally. but the thing with fraternities, and the greek system in general, at least the ones at my school (university of washington) is that the people in it seriously act like they are better than everyone else that isn't in it which makes no sense because anyone can get into the greek system just by rushing for a bit. im not really knocking on the gs that much because if i had found the right house i probably would have joined one, and i do have good friends in it. but at the end of the day, a lot of the people in it makes me think of it as HS all over again. just snobby kids acting like hot shit because they are apart of a social circle that you're not... just my 2cents

Yeah, I feel you. I joined a house that doesn't really fit this bill as much but I'd agree with what you said about acting pompous and arrogant about the majroity of frats. I think its partially because UW is so nerdy that it really is an actual huge dichotomy. The kids who joined frats (which to me are like the kids who probably partied in hs) are not compatible with the huge number of international students in the dorms or a lot of even the American kids who are just herbs. I mean I'm sure you saw some of that too, since you opted to get a house with friends.

I think its a completely different atmosphere though, too. The way I saw it was that a lot of the stuff that I've been able to do in a frat I'd never get to do in the dorms just because people are so herby and lack self confidence. Parties that are themed and require you to dress up would fall flat on their faces in the dorms or pretty much anywhere but the gs, because the gs actually participates in stuff. I've been on trips up to canada which included dinner cruises, bar hopping, and staying on the 20th floor of downtown Vancouver hotel for pretty cheap because we had a large group of guys who are actually motivated to go through with plans like that. In my experience, I never could have got enough people together to do that in the dorms. Nobody is willing to commit to something like that, especially with people who aren't their best friends.
August 29, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
jmac100394

15 black youths jumped someone outside my dorm last week
August 29, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
northwest

Yeah, I feel you. I joined a house that doesn't really fit this bill as much but I'd agree with what you said about acting pompous and arrogant about the majroity of frats. I think its partially because UW is so nerdy that it really is an actual huge dichotomy. The kids who joined frats (which to me are like the kids who probably partied in hs) are not compatible with the huge number of international students in the dorms or a lot of even the American kids who are just herbs. I mean I'm sure you saw some of that too, since you opted to get a house with friends.

I think its a completely different atmosphere though, too. The way I saw it was that a lot of the stuff that I've been able to do in a frat I'd never get to do in the dorms just because people are so herby and lack self confidence. Parties that are themed and require you to dress up would fall flat on their faces in the dorms or pretty much anywhere but the gs, because the gs actually participates in stuff. I've been on trips up to canada which included dinner cruises, bar hopping, and staying on the 20th floor of downtown Vancouver hotel for pretty cheap because we had a large group of guys who are actually motivated to go through with plans like that. In my experience, I never could have got enough people together to do that in the dorms. Nobody is willing to commit to something like that, especially with people who aren't their best friends.

true, but fun things aren't exclusive to frats imo. but word, i definitely know that all those trips/themed parties never happen out side of the GS. but damn you waited until half way through your soph year? are you planning on living-in junior year and senior year?
August 29, 2012 @ 04:22 PM
jaeyoung

Anyone here goes to Rutgers? Bout to move back in next week

know a lot of people that go there... might transfer there next semester. i go to kean atm.

Word yeah I know where kean is. You should make the move rutgers is pretty dope

Yes 

(10char)
August 29, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
slap

@knight

33 ACT 2.8 GPA

where do you go to school?

Don't know how edjumacation works in Canada, but if you were in US, I'd recommend going to a community college and transfer after 2 years (hopefully). That's a really low GPA, especially for high school (unless you were under some extreme circumstances throughout high school).

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 29, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
Gutts

^^^^^
I got like a 2.6 and I'm going to a university.

explain yourself slap

Please login first to reply.