Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 21, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
encore818

Fortunately I'm blessed that money isn't an issue, all I need is that acceptance letter.
August 21, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
GW

Fortunately I'm blessed that money isn't an issue, all I need is that acceptance letter.

well damn i wish i was in your situation, but dont get too confident, work hard and always have backup plans. i got into berkeley, but denied from ucla and ucsd on some bullshit, so anything can happen.
August 21, 2012 @ 03:55 AM
encore818

well damn i wish i was in your situation, but dont get too confident, work hard and always have backup plans. i got into berkeley, but denied from ucla and ucsd on some bullshit, so anything can happen.

I know I'm very lucky and fortunate. It's a lot of pressure though. I HAVE to be able to provide my family one day with what I was provided with. My top colleges are Stanford, USC, UCLA, and UC Berkeley. I've had family that's gone to USC and UC Berkeley.
August 21, 2012 @ 05:11 AM
tronwin

Anyone here go to Cal Poly?

Which Cal Poly?

SLO!
August 21, 2012 @ 05:52 AM
reeser

I know I'm very lucky and fortunate. It's a lot of pressure though. I HAVE to be able to provide my family one day with what I was provided with. My top colleges are Stanford, USC, UCLA, and UC Berkeley. I've had family that's gone to USC and UC Berkeley.

Damn, exact same for me. My dad went to stanford and berkeley and my mom went to berkeley too.
Hoping to get into either of those. Just gotta get the grades now.
August 21, 2012 @ 05:56 AM
kmas

What are you guys majoring in at Berkley?
August 21, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
slap

Don't forget, grades aren't everything.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 21, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
encore818

I think I can say I'm pretty well rounded. I play sports, I play instruments, I make films, I love photography, my grades are good, I have a business, I'm confident, I'm tall, I'm a handsome muthafucka lol but it's just that the competition is so crazy.
August 21, 2012 @ 09:17 AM
powerball

encore - you gotta be super well rounded these days. admissions is tough straight out of high school to sc so make sure your grades are on point, sat is above 2000 (at the very least), u got sports which is good, community service is a must, and those essays better be on point. u planning on majoring in business there? theres a couple business majors from sc on hb so if you have any other questions holla atcha boy
August 21, 2012 @ 04:55 PM
GW

What are you guys majoring in at Berkley?

Integrative Biology with a premed emphasis
August 21, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
encore818

encore - you gotta be super well rounded these days. admissions is tough straight out of high school to sc so make sure your grades are on point, sat is above 2000 (at the very least), u got sports which is good, community service is a must, and those essays better be on point. u planning on majoring in business there? theres a couple business majors from sc on hb so if you have any other questions holla atcha boy

thanks man, yeah I'm gonna major in business. I started a brand and hopefully it's fairly large by the time I graduate. I'll be a sophomore in september. Do you think the fact that I've run a business look good during applications?
August 21, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
GW

thanks man, yeah I'm gonna major in business. I started a brand and hopefully it's fairly large by the time I graduate. I'll be a sophomore in september. Do you think the fact that I've run a business look good during applications?

of course it does, anything about you that sets you apart from other applicants will increase your chances of getting in. it's also helpful for work experience that you can use when or if you apply for work study
August 21, 2012 @ 06:51 PM
slap

USC is easy to get into if you're rich.
Go to UCLA instead.
He's probably from a wealthy affluent family, so no work study for you.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 21, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
northwest

advice on throwing YOUR OWN house parties? i know to hide all valuables but what else?

anyone else?
August 21, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
encore818

I just looked up what work study is and from what I understand it's a job you have while you go to school or something? Could someone explain it in simpler terms than wikipedia?
August 21, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
GW

I just looked up what work study is and from what I understand it's a job you have while you go to school or something? Could someone explain it in simpler terms than wikipedia?

it's apart of your financial aid package that you receive for school. for example, i qualified for $2000 in work study this semester, so that's how much i'm able to earn through a work study job. however, i pocket that money and can spend it on whatever i want/need like toothpaste, transportation and shit.
August 21, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
claw

Starting CU Boulder in 2 weeks hell yeaahhh
Only person on HB that goes to school with me.
August 21, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
slap

Yeah, it's part of financial aid. So if you aren't eligible for financial aid, you aren't eligible for these job.
Say you do work study as a cashier at the student store, earning $8 an hour.
Your school would pay you $4, and the government would give you $4. = $8.

August 21, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
reeser

Lol so weird, we got a lot in common. I'm a sophomore now too, just started school last week. I'm hoping to major in business, and shoot for an MBA. Having a business will definitely help a lot on your application.

Anyone else have any tips for getting into a top college? Right now all I have going for me is sports, ap classes, and I got a 4.0 freshman year, but that will be harder this year since I have harder classes.
August 21, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
GW

Lol so weird, we got a lot in common. I'm a sophomore now too, just started school last week. I'm hoping to major in business, and shoot for an MBA. Having a business will definitely help a lot on your application.

Anyone else have any tips for getting into a top college? Right now all I have going for me is sports, ap classes, and I got a 4.0 freshman year, but that will be harder this year since I have harder classes.

community service, volunteering, clubs, and start some shit at your school to leave a legacy. how will you be remembered at your school? if you can start something or bring an organization to your school, that would be excellent. like maybe a JDRF(diabetes awareness) program or something. you just have to be creative and set your self apart from the crowd. whatever you do though, dont slack off. keep your grades up and stay involved. and if youre a minority like myself, thats even better.
August 21, 2012 @ 11:57 PM
powerball

don't let your grades slip at all. One C or D and you're practically out of the running since it's that competitive. and like the others have said, make yourself different from the pack. they read 50,000 applications a year, they don't want to read the same, "i worked hard my whole life and i want to reach my expectations, blah blah blah" instead ask yourself what differentiates me from every other student applying to this school? what struggles did i overcome that made me the person i am today? how is (insert school) going to help me as a person and as a student in the future?

and smh @ that idiot up there who said all rich kids get into sc. maybe the billionaires and ridiculous donors but i've seen plenty of children of faculty and donors who have been rejected as well. that's why sc is ranked ahead of ucla in academics for the past 2-3 years now.
August 22, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
encore818

Thinking about maybe using my brand to do something big in the school. Maybe have a week or 2 where all proceeds go to a charity and I can involve the school in some way. idk hopefully something like that could happen and help.
August 22, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
powerball

you're only a sophomore so you have a lot of time to decide what you want to do. just make sure you keep those grades and sat scores high most importantly.
August 22, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
dylan fisher

I think I can say I'm pretty well rounded. I play sports, I play instruments, I make films, I love photography, my grades are good, I have a business, I'm confident, I'm tall, I'm a handsome muthafucka lol but it's just that the competition is so crazy.

I hope you get rejected, faggot.

Easy mang...

August 22, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
encore818

I hope you get rejected, faggot.

stay losing b
August 22, 2012 @ 02:06 PM
Jamie Dimon

advice on throwing YOUR OWN house parties? i know to hide all valuables but what else?

anyone else?

Here's the best advice you'll get: Don't throw one.

Unless you have someone that's going to clean up the mess for you, don't bother.
Word of mouth gets around and you might have originally planned to have like 50 people but instead a shitload more comes through and you can't really deny them entry.
Things are going to get stolen regardless of how valuable they are.

Just spend the money to rent a place for the night.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

August 22, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
illmattic

I have a few fraternity brothers from cali and they make it sound like every kid who goes to USC is a struck up rich kid, which i'm sure there are a bunch there, but damn USC would be dope.. cool
August 22, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
whoarekyle

anyone at University of San Diego? i move in next saturday cool
August 22, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
TheRealJoeBiden

Chances of me getting into NYU with a 3.6 GPA? Haven't taken SAT yet, but I'm guessing I'll be in the 1600-1800 range. I'm an out of state student as well.
August 22, 2012 @ 07:38 PM
craigsagersuit

miranda cosgrove finna attend USC cool

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

Please login first to reply.