College Discussion Thread.

May 19, 2012 @ 01:26:55
Any UT students in here? Just CAP'd from UTSA and gonna be there in the fall
May 19, 2012 @ 02:43:52
For real doe, need input on my question lol.

Easy mang...

May 19, 2012 @ 08:02:05
sorry no bs nigg. my friend is a year younger and everything about him his true. he got into cornell early admission but rejected from cal and ucla so he's going to ucsd. cornell is very expensive for their family. his school had 5 students who got 2400s on their sats and he feels all the students are a lot smarter than he is. it's a prestigious high school in northern ca.. and nigger girl is nigger girl from my school which is ghetto, has had student suicide pacts, and gun threats and shit. so of course being a smart nigger girl is going to make you stand out.

Okay, now you're just being a troll.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

May 19, 2012 @ 11:03:20
A high school with 5 perfect SAT students is considered prestigious?

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 19, 2012 @ 19:39:51
Any1 else here paying 20k-30k a year in tuition. I received merits and need based scholarships but i still gotta pay a shitload remaining. If so, what do you guys do to decrease it and can someone explain what sub and unsub loans is. If i work during the year how can i budget my earnings so tht i have enough to pay off tuition and have fun?
May 19, 2012 @ 19:43:35
Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

LOL
May 19, 2012 @ 20:51:55
Any1 else here paying 20k-30k a year in tuition. I received merits and need based scholarships but i still gotta pay a shitload remaining. If so, what do you guys do to decrease it and can someone explain what sub and unsub loans is. If i work during the year how can i budget my earnings so tht i have enough to pay off tuition and have fun?

The only way to decrease that number significantly is grants/scholarships/etc, anything that you don't have to pay back. Loans are obvious.

You can't pay off much with a job during the year, unless its full time or something. I'll only be taking a few classes for my first semester because of AP credits and shit, so I'll be mostly working or partying. I don't expect for the job to pay for much though, because if you figure you make around $700-1000 a month working a part time job, that won't do much on your loans unless you are saving a large majority of that.
May 19, 2012 @ 23:54:51
Originally posted by Inactive User
Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

LOL

I fail to see the humor in my post. Please enlighten me with what you know.

May 20, 2012 @ 02:24:05
friend accepted into cornell, ucsd, ucd & uci. rejected ucb & ucla. 4.3 gpa, 2220 sat, community service, work, athletics all 4 years, won a bunch of science awards and shit. no one accepted to stanford. this happens when your school is prestigious and filled with too many smart kids. yet a nigger girl who got a 4.0 and did one sport (probably basketball) and nothing else besides be black from my school straight from africa accepted to stanford. not even that bright. but our school was a little ghetto.

I'm sorry, but this is pure Bullshit at its finest. I know for a fact that the schools you mentioned are all merit based. Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

False..... at least over here in the DMV. Race plays a HUGE part in your acceptance rate for college.
May 20, 2012 @ 06:24:04
anyone go to willie p?
May 20, 2012 @ 06:29:33
West Virginia University... BEST PARTY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY.... if you don't agree then watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0Xod-L1Yw

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 20, 2012 @ 07:25:57
fuck off im not even from west virginia i just go there and most people who go there are from out of state... Morgantown goes hard as fuck, always in the top 10 party schools every single year almost always top 5 and often number one..
May 21, 2012 @ 00:48:56
about the guy who said "nigger girl" you must be salty

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

May 21, 2012 @ 16:38:49
If affirmative action is still in effect, then why are Blacks and Latinos so underrepresented in California schools? I can kinda understand how Blacks aren't because they don't make up a large percent of California in general, but Latinos are almost half of what this state is.

May 21, 2012 @ 17:54:53
Thinking about changing my major from marketing to food science and also transfing school to LSU. I have been on campus to talk with the dean on the college of food science. The dean wants me to transfer to LSU while getting my undergrad in food science and then my master. I have 3 semesters left at Southern University in my Marketing major then I was going to LSU for my master in Food science and take my prereq for the master program with all chemistry classes doing the summer and first semester. I am asking for advice on what you would do and also any books, helpfully tip, or websites for learning chemistry.

Also the dean said for me to send over my transcipt to see what will transfer over to LSU to try and get me a double major for my undergrad.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 21, 2012 @ 19:01:18
If affirmative action is still in effect, then why are Blacks and Latinos so underrepresented in California schools? I can kinda understand how Blacks aren't because they don't make up a large percent of California in general, but Latinos are almost half of what this state is.

UC proves Prop. 209's point - Los Angeles Times

The approach UC campuses take in their admissions process is a far-cry from how they operated in the past.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

May 21, 2012 @ 23:43:53
My top 3: OSU, UCLA & USC. The campuses are just, amazing.
May 23, 2012 @ 05:50:49
I go to OU. I thought I would hate it here but it is actually pretty cool.

May 23, 2012 @ 11:00:53
Yeah^^
May 23, 2012 @ 15:50:18

USC > UCLA > OSU
public schools are becoming harder and harder to graduate on time/find a job. and the public school mentality is hey we saved $xxx so we win (lol)
not that this is a huge sample size but all my friends from UCLA graduated with no job
all my friends from USC (including myself) graduated with high 5/6 figure jobs
there's a reason why all the exotic cars in LA/OC have USC license plates on them
May 23, 2012 @ 16:11:30
USC students come from rich families.
May 23, 2012 @ 23:51:20

USC > UCLA > OSU
public schools are becoming harder and harder to graduate on time/find a job. and the public school mentality is hey we saved $xxx so we win (lol)
not that this is a huge sample size but all my friends from UCLA graduated with no job
all my friends from USC (including myself) graduated with high 5/6 figure jobs
there's a reason why all the exotic cars in LA/OC have USC license plates on them

lol sweet casual empiricism bro

done with law school.
May 24, 2012 @ 04:35:46
fuck off im not even from west virginia i just go there and most people who go there are from out of state... Morgantown goes hard as fuck, always in the top 10 party schools every single year almost always top 5 and often number one..
woah, no way bro.
May 24, 2012 @ 14:16:10
I live in Oberlin, how do you guys view Oberlin College?
May 24, 2012 @ 15:13:51
I live in Oberlin, how do you guys view Oberlin College?

i knew ppl who went there

Please login first to reply.
x