Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
July 3, 2012 @ 03:56 PM
christopher.

for anyone who attend school in California,
I just got my SAT scores back, and i got a 1790. Gonna start my Senior year, and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna have a 3.8+ accumulative GPA.
No sports or volunteer work.

Do you guys think with these scores i'll be accepted into a CSU or UC? I'm not really sure my SAT scores are that good, but just making sure.
July 3, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
Soul Rize

hey who comming to houston lmao. man dopeness at lonestar right now .

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

July 3, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
indecisive

whos tryna get a NYU degree

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-Fine-Arts-from-High-Ranking-University-/320935324099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab93c69c3#ht_500wt_1087

lol

I just got my SAT scores back, and i got a 1790. Gonna start my Senior year, and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna have a 3.8+ accumulative GPA.

Do you guys think with these scores i'll be accepted into a CSU or UC? I'm not really sure my SAT scores are that good, but just making sure.

CSU for sure. UC; it depends on which you want to apply.
July 3, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
christopher.

UCSB and UCSC?
July 3, 2012 @ 09:12 PM
trillest

UCSB is actually pretty hard to get into now your stats aren't gonna cut it. SC is probable
July 3, 2012 @ 10:49 PM
indecisive

depends on the major as well...
UCSB and UCSC?
July 4, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
portugal.

You can get into Santa Cruz with that. An ucsb possibly.
Do you know what major you're trying to do? Or an idea?
July 4, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
WhatsGoodZiM

Topher, getting into a UC was a BITCH this year man, you definitely gotta find something else to put on your college app if you wanna have a better chance. I had a lot of friends with some good grades that got rejected from even davis lol.
July 4, 2012 @ 05:23 AM
Trespace

You should be good for most any CSU and a some UCs. I graduated last year and honestly (at least with UCs) it felt like a lottery although a lot of it has to do with what major you apply with.
July 4, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
christopher.

You can get into Santa Cruz with that. An ucsb possibly.
Do you know what major you're trying to do? Or an idea?
Thanks for the help guys.
thinking about majoring in either Astrophysic/astronomy or Engineering - electrical engineering, to be exact.
gonna do stuff to add to my application senior year i guess. do you guys reccomend sports, clubs or anything else?

I'm honestly fine with a CSU, but I wanna reach for a UC.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
BKBROWN

SAT 2030
math (the precalc one) 750
us history 720
chemistry sucks, 580 (is there a way to not send it)

gpa 3.72, but i showed a lot of improvement (4.0+ for the second half of junior year)

do i have a chance at most UCs?

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

July 4, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
christopher.

fuck i wish i were you ^. are those CST scores?
July 4, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
BKBROWN

sat subjects

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

July 4, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
llamamaaba

From my experience if you have a 3.6 gpa and up and a 1600 sat scores and up you have a good chance at almost all csu's. For UC's it's almost a lottery. Your GPA your test scores and even if you come from a single parent are involved in you getting in. Everything about your life is ranked by points that are added up. Community service and extracurricular are worth a lot of points.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
christopher.

sat subjects
oh alright that's what i thought of at first, but i couldnt think of the name.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:51 AM
BKBROWN

From my experience if you have a 3.6 gpa and up and a 1600 sat scores and up you have a good chance at almost all csu's. For UC's it's almost a lottery. Your GPA your test scores and even if you come from a single parent are involved in you getting in. Everything about your life is ranked by points that are added up. Community service and extracurricular are worth a lot of points.

shit i might just have to cash in on the non academic stuff lol

for the first 10 years of my life i was with a single parent

and for ECs i could also put my hip hop production cool cool

July 5, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
kh

anybody go to University of Arizona/ Oregon or know anything about the schools? thinking about applying there
July 5, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
WhatsGoodZiM

I was thinking about applying to U of O... then I saw the out of state tuition costs lol.
July 5, 2012 @ 11:05 PM
BKBROWN

SAT 2030
us history 720

gpa 3.72, but i showed a lot of improvement (4.0+ for the second half of junior year)

is this a 3.72 weighted or unweighted cause that makes a huge difference. weighted 3.72 with those stats will get u into schools like uci, ucsb, uc davis and below but not ucsd, ucla, or cal. unweighted 3.72 could probably get u into ucsd and the other schools listed but not ucla and cal.

it was weighted, and thanks for helping

the thing is though the average for uci this year was about a 4.0

but then the sat was lower than mine

July 6, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
dylan fisher

I was thinking about applying to U of O... then I saw the out of state tuition costs lol.
you can get in state after the first year b

Easy mang...

July 6, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
BKBROWN

SAT 2030
us history 720

is this a 3.72 weighted or unweighted cause that makes a huge difference. weighted 3.72 with those stats will get u into schools like uci, ucsb, uc davis and below but not ucsd, ucla, or cal. unweighted 3.72 could probably get u into ucsd and the other schools listed but not ucla and cal.

it was weighted, and thanks for helping

the thing is though the average for uci this year was about a 4.0

but then the sat was lower than mine

yeah a friend of mine got in this past year with a 1700 SAT but had around a 4.1 gpa overall and a shit ton of extra curriculars. keep in mind that personal statements are also pretty damn important, which a lot of people fail to realize. keep your gpa up and you should get into a good amount of UCs

How much do senior grades matter for gpa?

July 6, 2012 @ 05:23 AM
Exotic

they don't. the UC's require you to maintain a 3.0 to stay admitted once you're in though.
I got into ucsb, ucsd, ucsc, and uci with a 1710 SAT / 4.0 weighted gpa. I got in uci off the waitlist though and UC's get more competitive every year so keep that in mind.
July 6, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
BKBROWN

what year did you apply for uc?

July 7, 2012 @ 01:18 AM
Exotic

July 7, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
oh soul legit

Topher, getting into a UC was a BITCH this year man, you definitely gotta find something else to put on your college app if you wanna have a better chance. I had a lot of friends with some good grades that got rejected from even davis lol.

this is whats suprising, last year it was alot easier to get in UC's and I got into davis with like a 3.6-3.7 gpa...but this year I'm hearing even 3.8+ kids are getting rejected all over

race, financial standing, and extra curriculars play a huuuuuuge part...not being racist or anything but the bar for latino's and black's are pretty low for UC's lol, I have friends who arent very smart who got 1300's on their SAT and they somehow got into UCD
July 7, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
christopher.

this is whats suprising, last year it was alot easier to get in UC's and I got into davis with like a 3.6-3.7 gpa...but this year I'm hearing even 3.8+ kids are getting rejected all over

race, financial standing, and extra curriculars play a huuuuuuge part...not being racist or anything but the bar for latino's and black's are pretty low for UC's lol, I have friends who arent very smart who got 1300's on their SAT and they somehow got into UCD
hmm okay lemme put up my "stats" then i guess to see if it'll change my chances.
Latino
middle-class family
1790 on SAT
3.8 weighted, 3.72 unweighted GPA
one club (kind of like a volunteering club)
no community service/volunteer work

I know i'm good for CSUs, but it's the UCs i'm worried about. I know i'm not getting into Cal or UCLA with these scores

i thought affirmative action wasn't allowed in California, though?
July 7, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
aalexander

Im applying to University of Arizona but im having financial trouble
July 7, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
WhatsGoodZiM

It's not, and apparently the UCs don't take ethnicity/race into account at all.

Anyways, my Latino friend had very similar stats to you, and he got into UCSB and UCSC; You actually scored higher on the SAT than he did, too.

Again, I think everyone that wants to go to a UC should show some sort of commitment to your community or an obvious cause. I'm not saying that it's gonna guarantee entrance to your first choice school, but it can only help strengthen your overall application. I've stated this before, I volunteered at an afterschool program for the entire school year, and it helped because I was able to not only put down a ridiculous amount of community service hours on my app., I was also able to effectively create a legitimate and original perspective through which I presented my community in my personal statement.

tl;dr: do community service, man.

edit: Also, how'd you guys do on the AP Tests? I got a 3 on Lit. and Gov., meaning FUCK YOU WRITING PLACEMENT!
July 7, 2012 @ 05:14 AM
christopher.

got a 3 on calculus AB and a 3 on English comp cool still wanna take cal in college tho
July 7, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
northwest

About to live in a house for my sophomore year. Any advice for living in a house with a bunch of dudes?

Please login first to reply.