SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
May 8, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
slap

Any UCLA heads in here? Transferrin over there next fall

Word. See you around.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

May 9, 2012 @ 05:16 PM
julian6

Anybody else involved in Greek life at all? Something tells me that Hypebeast isn't typically the place for frat bros. Maybe I'm wrong?

Pi Kappa Alpha.

How is pike? I was considering their fraternity but im indifferent.
May 11, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
backlikethat

Got into Towson university...

Decided to go there
May 11, 2012 @ 06:21 AM
W33ZY

Tech school FTW. Future X-ray technician right here.

how do you like it? I'm thinking of going into a program
May 11, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
WhatsGoodZiM

fuckfuckfuck
financial aid includes a conditional cal grant A, roughly $13k...
barely gonna send in my late cal grant app.
my verified GPA is 2.95...... FUUUUUU
any chance I still get the grant? Fuckfuckfuck
May 14, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
OGDUBZ

anyone here have a sports business degree or something focusing on sports managment?
May 14, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
kushburner

anyone here have a sports business degree or something focusing on sports managment?

dont do it bruh
May 14, 2012 @ 06:30 AM
A!exander

FINALS MAN
May 14, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
OGDUBZ

dont do it bruh
Aha, thas why i asked tho..Been hearing alot of people saying it wasnt worth it an hardly anyone lands a job with a team..jus wanted to see if anyone has a internship or something related to it..you got one?
May 14, 2012 @ 06:38 AM
macabre

^My friend has connects to someone in the Oakland A's front office so he got hooked up with an internship. It's not what you know or who you know, it's who knows you.
May 14, 2012 @ 06:55 AM
OGDUBZ

^My friend has connects to someone in the Oakland A's front office so he got hooked up with an internship. It's not what you know or who you know, it's who knows you.
word. a's my team tho
May 14, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
OGDUBZ

word. a's my team tho

MLB is rough on teams with no budget unless you're the Rays. A's get talent but ship it out way to quick. Gio Gonzalez was an all star last year and they traded him to Washington for prospects. Bet that CarGo trade still stings as well.
your right but only because they need a new stadium(like the marlins). it would be dope to work like behind the scenes, getting a stadium done. most likely no one on HB would have a job working behind the scenes for a sports team tho
May 16, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
christopher.

Is getting into UCs and CSUs difficult? I'm gonna be a senior soon, so that means I'm gonna have to apply soon. I have a high GPA of 3.7 and I'm in the top 5% of my grade. I have my eyes on UCLA and UC Santa Barbra, and CSU LA as my back up. Are my chances good, or is there more I can do?
May 16, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
WhatsGoodZiM

^Noticeably tougher this year; Apparently UCs are accepting more out of state kids because they pay higher tuition as well.

That being said, I got into UCSC [rejected from davis] with a HS GPA of only 3.4 WEIGHTED, 1800 SAT (no SAT subject tests), and no sports/ club participation. I did however have some crazy community service hours, like I've volunteered roughly 2.5 hours every school day for the past school year, so about 400+ hours of community service.

California system is fucked up right now. Don't slack off on your courses in senior year, and find some way to truly make yourself standout; I feel that my community services hours and personal statement (wrote about my community) really made me standout as an applicant.

edit: also, I believe that CSUs will generally be much tougher to get into as well.
May 16, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
christopher.

Thanks. I'm definitely not gonna slack off this upcoming school year. However, i think I'm gonna find the personal statement difficult; I don't really see any way I stand out. But I'm going to work on that.
May 17, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
dylan fisher

Can't decide between going to the University of Washington, or going to Washington State University Honors w/ a scholarship. Any input is welcome lol.

Easy mang...

May 18, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

^^^nigger girl? lol

but yeah i think its kinda fucked up that ur chances of getting into a school can be higher based on your race.

in my school, if your black or hispanic and have decent grades, its pretty much automatic admission but if youre white or asian, your chances are much lower
May 19, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
trolos714

friend accepted into cornell, ucsd, ucd & uci. rejected ucb & ucla. 4.3 gpa, 2220 sat, community service, work, athletics all 4 years, won a bunch of science awards and shit. no one accepted to stanford. this happens when your school is prestigious and filled with too many smart kids. yet a nigger girl who got a 4.0 and did one sport (probably basketball) and nothing else besides be black from my school straight from africa accepted to stanford. not even that bright. but our school was a little ghetto.

I'm sorry, but this is pure Bullshit at its finest. I know for a fact that the schools you mentioned are all merit based. Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

May 19, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
40 Fonzarelli

Any UT students in here? Just CAP'd from UTSA and gonna be there in the fall
May 19, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
dylan fisher

For real doe, need input on my question lol.

Easy mang...

May 19, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
trolos714

sorry no bs nigg. my friend is a year younger and everything about him his true. he got into cornell early admission but rejected from cal and ucla so he's going to ucsd. cornell is very expensive for their family. his school had 5 students who got 2400s on their sats and he feels all the students are a lot smarter than he is. it's a prestigious high school in northern ca.. and nigger girl is nigger girl from my school which is ghetto, has had student suicide pacts, and gun threats and shit. so of course being a smart nigger girl is going to make you stand out.

Okay, now you're just being a troll.

May 19, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
Jamie Dimon

A high school with 5 perfect SAT students is considered prestigious?

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

May 19, 2012 @ 07:39 PM
stalker46ss

Any1 else here paying 20k-30k a year in tuition. I received merits and need based scholarships but i still gotta pay a shitload remaining. If so, what do you guys do to decrease it and can someone explain what sub and unsub loans is. If i work during the year how can i budget my earnings so tht i have enough to pay off tuition and have fun?
May 19, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

LOL
May 19, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
susej

Any1 else here paying 20k-30k a year in tuition. I received merits and need based scholarships but i still gotta pay a shitload remaining. If so, what do you guys do to decrease it and can someone explain what sub and unsub loans is. If i work during the year how can i budget my earnings so tht i have enough to pay off tuition and have fun?

The only way to decrease that number significantly is grants/scholarships/etc, anything that you don't have to pay back. Loans are obvious.

You can't pay off much with a job during the year, unless its full time or something. I'll only be taking a few classes for my first semester because of AP credits and shit, so I'll be mostly working or partying. I don't expect for the job to pay for much though, because if you figure you make around $700-1000 a month working a part time job, that won't do much on your loans unless you are saving a large majority of that.
May 19, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
trolos714

Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

LOL

I fail to see the humor in my post. Please enlighten me with what you know.

May 20, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
backlikethat

friend accepted into cornell, ucsd, ucd & uci. rejected ucb & ucla. 4.3 gpa, 2220 sat, community service, work, athletics all 4 years, won a bunch of science awards and shit. no one accepted to stanford. this happens when your school is prestigious and filled with too many smart kids. yet a nigger girl who got a 4.0 and did one sport (probably basketball) and nothing else besides be black from my school straight from africa accepted to stanford. not even that bright. but our school was a little ghetto.

I'm sorry, but this is pure Bullshit at its finest. I know for a fact that the schools you mentioned are all merit based. Affirmative Action has been dead since the 70s dude. Don't believe me? Look at the demographic information of California, and the same info for the universities here.

False..... at least over here in the DMV. Race plays a HUGE part in your acceptance rate for college.
May 20, 2012 @ 06:24 AM
bonemarrow

anyone go to willie p?

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

May 20, 2012 @ 06:29 AM
TheBDP

West Virginia University... BEST PARTY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY.... if you don't agree then watch this video
May 20, 2012 @ 07:25 AM
TheBDP

fuck off im not even from west virginia i just go there and most people who go there are from out of state... Morgantown goes hard as fuck, always in the top 10 party schools every single year almost always top 5 and often number one..

Please login first to reply.