April 21, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
swervin

got accepted to every school i applied to except quinnipiac (waitlisted) but i think im uconn bound
April 22, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
trolos714

Can anyone tell me what my chances are of being accepted to a school from the waitlist? UC davis in particular.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

April 22, 2012 @ 07:34 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

per year? or for 4?
April 22, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

fuck u
April 24, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
overtheradar

just got a full year tuition's worth of financial aid to SFSU, so i might just be attending next year... 'frisco heads where u at!

Congrats dude!

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

April 24, 2012 @ 05:58 AM
losolu

congratz Wuze, that's my dream school. but..
fuck u
April 24, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
thrillmatic

UCLA offerin' me dat $20,000 grant. cool Fuck wit' me.

GTFO! Really? You cure AIDS or something?

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 24, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
Trill Murray

Man, Am I the only one that can never get work done whenever I take my laptop to a lecture?!

trillmurrayy.tumblr.com

April 24, 2012 @ 09:47 PM
slap

Whats your major?

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 27, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
OGDUBZ

can anybody tell me whats so appealing about business besides money?...who is truly passionate about business?

i would like for someone to give this question a respectable response

A lot of people just want a career job that they can depend on. Accounting is always solid, finance/econ can get you a good job, management can usually lead to a good job. It's a fairly safe major with some fairly decent job prospects.

I did entrepreneurship because I knew working as a teenager that I didn't want to work for someone else the rest of my life. My entrepreneurship classes were really fun and really interesting. The best part of going to school was taking those courses. I know you don't need a degree to be an entrepreneur, but I wanted a college education and that appealed to me the most. I definitely learned some things that I probably would've only learned through trial and error if I never took any classes on starting a business. Plus, entrepreneurship gave me the option to take finance, accounting, business law, econ, and management. If I was an accounting major, I'd only get to take upper division accounting courses, same for management and any other specific field, so it was a nice mix of courses.

It's not a major I would recommend to everyone, but if you're certain that you want to do your own thing one day, it's probably worth looking into.

nice post...exactly how i feel, right now i'm taking a business management class(hs) and its definetly something im interest in..but my grades be lacking so prolly heading to cc or state( still a jr. tho) did you go to a 4 yr straight or yah how is ur future looking money wise. ..my dreams are fadin for me cuzz my fckin grades :/ any advice?
April 27, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
icyice

finishing up 3rd year of college

one more year to go

overrated.

(mathematics)
April 27, 2012 @ 05:35 AM
jaded

can anybody tell me whats so appealing about business besides money?...who is truly passionate about business?

i would like for someone to give this question a respectable response

A lot of people just want a career job that they can depend on. Accounting is always solid, finance/econ can get you a good job, management can usually lead to a good job. It's a fairly safe major with some fairly decent job prospects.

I did entrepreneurship because I knew working as a teenager that I didn't want to work for someone else the rest of my life. My entrepreneurship classes were really fun and really interesting. The best part of going to school was taking those courses. I know you don't need a degree to be an entrepreneur, but I wanted a college education and that appealed to me the most. I definitely learned some things that I probably would've only learned through trial and error if I never took any classes on starting a business. Plus, entrepreneurship gave me the option to take finance, accounting, business law, econ, and management. If I was an accounting major, I'd only get to take upper division accounting courses, same for management and any other specific field, so it was a nice mix of courses.

It's not a major I would recommend to everyone, but if you're certain that you want to do your own thing one day, it's probably worth looking into.

nice post...exactly how i feel, right now i'm taking a business management class(hs) and its definetly something im interest in..but my grades be lacking so prolly heading to cc or state( still a jr. tho) did you go to a 4 yr straight or yah how is ur future looking money wise. ..my dreams are fadin for me cuzz my fckin grades :/ any advice?

Get your grades up in high school, go to a community college and try to get straight A's or as close as you can to it, then transfer to a good university to finish up. Bad grades are your fault, so you need to do what it takes to get back on track.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 27, 2012 @ 05:36 AM
daphonk

Anyone here in grad school or finished grad school? I'm going into my 3rd year of my BA and I'm starting to think about where I want to go after. Looking into Public Policy/International Relations/Labour Relations. Does anyone have an idea of what I should expect with the application and the admission requirements? I mean the school sites and advisors only tell me so much.

& anybody at either Syracuse, Tufts, Fordham or Northwestern? Probably won't get into any of them but doesn't hurt to aim high I guess
April 27, 2012 @ 08:34 AM
BLo

just got a full year tuition's worth of financial aid to SFSU, so i might just be attending next year... 'frisco heads where u at!

i go to sfsu..its aiteeee
April 28, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
trolos714

Can anyone tell me what my chances are of being accepted to a school from the waitlist? UC davis in particular.

Anybody have any insight on this? I was also waitlisted at UCSD,

April 28, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
jaded

Anyone in here looking get into the medical field? My goal school is Stanford but I'm leaning sort of towards UCI. Amy recommendations? I have to do some form of research under a doctor but I'm totally lost.

Primary care, specialty, or post-graduate research?

I'm currently attending a Community college and am keeping up with the grades, 4.0 GPA. But the thing is the requirements to get into a med school in CA is 2 years volunteer @ hospital, and some form of research. Just wanted to know what direction I could go.

Volunteer work is easy. My friend didn't even have a wide variety of volunteer work and he got into UCSD Medical School. He would go and sit with senior citizens in their room to keep them company and he'd work on his homework and talk to them. I think he also did a little bit of shadowing, which should be easy enough to find. The quality of your volunteer work is more important that meeting a time requirement.

Also, don't think that your volunteer work has to be limited to the medical field. You don't have to dedicate all your volunteer hours to being in a hospital. They just want to see that an applicant has a genuine interest in helping others. If you interview, they are going to ask you about your experience, so you should try to pick something you'll enjoy doing so you can talk passionately about it. If you like working with kids, and you have a children's hospital in your area, look into the requirements for becoming a volunteer there. For children's hospitals there is usually a bit more work involved in becoming a volunteer, so if that sounds interesting you should look into it right away so you can get started.

The research aspect can be covered when you transfer from CC to a university. Just get in touch with someone in the science department once you're a student there and find out which professors are doing research and see who you can help. It's all extracurricular, so you usually just have to be a student there and willing to help to get in. That shouldn't be difficult at all. You might even get lucky and get to be part of something that gets published, which is always a bonus on your application.

For the record, I've never seen a medical school in California explicitly state a time requirement for volunteer work, where did you get that information from?

April 29, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
trolos714

^very low. unless they don't meet their quota which is pretty unlikely.

Well that's disappointing sad. I guess i'll be heading to CSULB then.

April 30, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
trolos714

This might be a stupid question, but I don't care. Does anyone know how to best prepare for the LSAT? Or what degree would be best to take into law school? Or can you apply to law school with any degree?

April 30, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
jaded

This might be a stupid question, but I don't care. Does anyone know how to best prepare for the LSAT? Or what degree would be best to take into law school? Or can you apply to law school with any degree?

All you need is a bachelor's degree and a competitive LSAT score. What you major in doesn't make a difference, though you'll probably see most people going into law school as english, history, political science or criminology majors.

April 30, 2012 @ 01:09 AM
appleyard

econ majors on average have the highest lsat scores
April 30, 2012 @ 01:33 AM
Nail

Anyone here attend NYU? Class of 2016 CAS here.
April 30, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

UC Berkeley gift aid: $15,657.00
UCLA gift aid: $19,846.00
UCSD gift aid: $18,430.00

Tuition/fees and books/supplies paid for by every school niggas. cool

post your stats, achievements, major, etc
April 30, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
Exotic

i got mad senioritis right now and my grades are going down the drain. just need a 3.0 to stay admitted to my colleges but have no motivation whatsoever.
April 30, 2012 @ 05:47 AM
jaded

Any university you transfer to should have a pre-med advisor in the science department. They'll be able to help you a lot more than I can.

April 30, 2012 @ 06:17 AM
kmz

doesnt receiving gift aid mean you/your family doesnt make enough $
and in effect, mean that you are NOT a boss? is me paying $60k/yr cash for school not bossy?
grats for gettin all ur schools. but what are u gonna do with a comm degree?
April 30, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
slap

and in effect, mean that you are NOT a boss? is me paying $60k/yr cash for school not bossy?

I really dislike how some families can get full rides to school and claim to have a low family income while they have million of dollars in property investment or offshore accounts.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

April 30, 2012 @ 07:20 PM
jaded

A lot of schools have a max on the number of units you can take each semester, so you'd have to find that out first. Assuming you're able to take 5, I would imagine you can handle it if you manage your time well. I know people who maxed out every semester to finish sooner and they seemed to handle it okay.

April 30, 2012 @ 10:49 PM
malevy

getting ready to graduate and it's actually scary as fuck.
April 30, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
daphonk

you can do tons of stuff with a communications degree; law, politics, PR, health administration etc
April 30, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
Eyeonized

Regents?

Please login first to reply.