FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
April 15, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
playboyxxx

well dam

pink like hamilton

April 15, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
ignorantian

My nigga Ron Artest. St Johns alumni. nuff said.
April 15, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
kmz

of course i am bias as i work in the field

me too. went to USC and i see theres some talk about it here. if you want to work in socal, USC is def a good bet. sure kids from ivies will have an easier time but most of them will recruit for NY (and plus not everyone can get in those schools like me)

ive been working 70 avg for just monday-friday and plus weekends which the hours there vary on deal flow. yes i know many ppl work more than me but this def isnt my idea of 'fun'. i just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel
April 15, 2012 @ 07:38 AM
MidnightPlane

Just submitted my SIR to Davis. Dat engineering major.
April 15, 2012 @ 07:44 AM
CatKat

calpoly bound. anyone else?

lol wut

April 15, 2012 @ 07:58 AM
himynameisblank

ucrbound

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

April 15, 2012 @ 08:18 AM
horribleadvice

suspended

@ essej_v.5

Way too much disrespect from this guy. As a junior transfer, USC is one of the best schools you would be looking at. UC Berkeley is do able but that percentage is very very low. If you're looking at transferring to an Ivy, then good luck to you but thing's aren't going to be easy.

Many of my friends are applying to be junior transfers themselves. USC/UCLA are one of the top 2 choices for them and I know those would be the top 2 choices for many. When your acceptance letters come in about a month or two, post them up. Curious as to what you get into if USC is really such a "backup school"
April 15, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
kushburner

i've heard of people majoring in engineering getting jobs in IB. my friend who majored in math and comp sci also got a job in IB. as long as you're smart and hard working people will hire you even for a position in IB.

I personally dont know any engineers or IT guys who want to go into IB
April 15, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
essej_v.5

I will post them. I'm not trying to be hostile. USC is a fine school that many would be happy to attend (myself included), but with my credentials admittance would be nearly a sure thing.
April 15, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
essej_v.5

BTW I did not apply to USC.
April 15, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
thrillmatic

can anybody tell me whats so appealing about business besides money?...who is truly passionate about business?

i would like for someone to give this question a respectable response

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 15, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
jaded

can anybody tell me whats so appealing about business besides money?...who is truly passionate about business?

A lot of people just want a career job that they can depend on. Accounting is always solid, finance/econ can get you a good job, management can usually lead to a good job. It's a fairly safe major with some fairly decent job prospects.

I did entrepreneurship because I knew working as a teenager that I didn't want to work for someone else the rest of my life. My entrepreneurship classes were really fun and really interesting. The best part of going to school was taking those courses. I know you don't need a degree to be an entrepreneur, but I wanted a college education and that appealed to me the most. I definitely learned some things that I probably would've only learned through trial and error if I never took any classes on starting a business. Plus, entrepreneurship gave me the option to take finance, accounting, business law, econ, and management. If I was an accounting major, I'd only get to take upper division accounting courses, same for management and any other specific field, so it was a nice mix of courses.

It's not a major I would recommend to everyone, but if you're certain that you want to do your own thing one day, it's probably worth looking into.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

April 16, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
kmz

dont major in management or entrepreneurship
taking entrepreneurship classes along with a technical major, sure. keep in mind most successful entrepreneurs are engineers, comp sci majors
management - sorry but u cant learn to be a leader 1) in class 2) when you're still young and inexperienced. it's something that will come with your job over time
April 16, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
jaded

Management isn't just about managing personnel, that's actually a relatively small part of the major. You can certainly build a good foundation with management classes.

"keep in mind most successful entrepreneurs are engineers, comp sci majors"

I don't know where you came up with that, but it's most certainly not accurate. I would be willing to bet that a majority of entrepreneurs are not from either one of those fields.

April 16, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
PhoisGOOD

Anyone going to Santa Clara?
April 16, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
Ellie

anyone in Michigan?
April 16, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
kushburner

I responded last page bruh
dont major in management or entrepreneurship
taking entrepreneurship classes along with a technical major, sure. keep in mind most successful entrepreneurs are engineers, comp sci majors
management - sorry but u cant learn to be a leader 1) in class 2) when you're still young and inexperienced. it's something that will come with your job over time

It depends really. If you already have a big idea in mind and want to persist with it then go for it. It has worked out big time for several entrepreneurs at my university. But most of the time, a management/entrepreneurship degree isnt worth it.
April 16, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
CONQ

I majored in entrepreneurship and it's working pretty well for me. I work for a start up, doing work I love, in an industry I've been into my whole life. I get paid well enough and get all the perks of the entrepreneur lifestyle (travel to cool places, work from my laptop a lot, flexible schedule). Plus, if things take off, I'm set to make some serious cash being there from the ground up.

Sure, most kids who major in entrepreneurship probably get stuck working a "normal" job but if you're driven enough and KNOW that it's what you want in life, by all means do it. A lot of people don't understand the entrepreneur lifestyle, so trust me you'll face tons of doubters (esp family members, it's tough), but it's all worth it if you can hold on and grind it out.

Idk, just my 2 cents
April 16, 2012 @ 05:04 AM
vanitas

just got a full year tuition's worth of financial aid to SFSU, so i might just be attending next year... 'frisco heads where u at!
April 17, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
Dirty Dan

ucrbound

April 17, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
frozunfishsticks

how much do you college guys spend per semester? (not including tuition/room and board, i mean on a day to day basis)

im trying to figure out how much i need to make before college starts
April 17, 2012 @ 04:36 PM
brianAndImFromChicago

-Columbia University, BA
-NU Kellogg, MBA

"be cool, stay in school"
April 18, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
usomanuso

Looks like I'll be heading to CSULB
April 18, 2012 @ 10:14 PM
jaded

-Columbia University, BA
-NU Kellogg, MBA

"be cool, stay in school"

Congrats man, that's really impressive. When you're a big time CEO one day throw a job my way cool

April 18, 2012 @ 10:20 PM
Lukulele

Just committed to CSUF. A little hesitant to go, since it was like my 4th choice, but I'm a bit excited. Can any current/former students tell me how it's like at Fullerton? I've already heard that it's a major commuter school, but there has to be some semblance of a social scene...right? Any other benefits from going to this school?

Anyone???

Csuf is one of the four impacted csu's, with sdsu, pomona, and long beach included. I heard the party scene there is pretty good. For filipinos, Friendship games is a wild event. Orgs from all over CA come to rage, but again it's full of bop ass pinoys. It's located in a pretty good area too, there's a shit ton of food places. I go to SDSU, and I have a few friends there who I haven't heard any complaints from aside from being homesick. I honestly wish I got into Fullerton instead of SDSU, but to each his own.

friendship games was sick, did you go?

slooooo

too boppy for my liking, feel me? LOL i heard it was poppin though, I'm on the lookout for next year

stay pau

April 18, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
ba sọc đỏ

I found out the reason why BMCC & CUNY in general screw you over; you "overstay" your stay, financial woes are in store. The end.

saw this thread and just saw this on my facebook feed from someone I knew back in high school. BMCC is a community college. she's probably getting a free education and 2k+ financial aid money that goes in her pocket every semester. BITCH BLAME YOURSELF, YOU'VE BEEN IN A 2-YEAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR 5 YEARS. YOU'RE BLEEDING THE FUCKING SYSTEM AND SCREWING IT UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

GET. IT. TOGETHER. NIGGA.
April 18, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
trolos714

Looks like I'll be heading to CSULB

Just got accepted into Csulb today. Thinkin about attending.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

April 19, 2012 @ 05:12 AM
fantastic-sam

so how many of you niggas am i gonna see at NYU this fall?

nyu 2016..... what u majoring in?
April 19, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
soulamazing.

CSUF '16 in dis...the only one in dis. sad
April 19, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
W33ZY

damn, anyone else struggle in Human A&P? basically a pred med class and wasn't really aware of that and slacked this shit off first half of the quarter and failed tests. Hopefully i can pull this shit back and at least get a C
lazy lyfestyle

Please login first to reply.