College Discussion Thread.

Inactive User

Apr 11, 2012 @ 03:33
go to davis and other dude go to riverside.
Apr 11, 2012 @ 04:58
Got into UC Davis and Santa Clara U.

Leaning towards Davis right now, anyone got some input from either uni?

shouldn't even be a question. davis is the better school.
Apr 11, 2012 @ 05:15
Just committed to CSUF. A little hesitant to go, since it was like my 4th choice, but I'm a bit excited. Can any current/former students tell me how it's like at Fullerton? I've already heard that it's a major commuter school, but there has to be some semblance of a social scene...right? Any other benefits from going to this school?

Anyone???
Apr 11, 2012 @ 05:19
go to a private school if you're in cali
Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:52
Got NYU Stern, Hopkins and BC... not sure which to go to tho.

Cus the thing is, I don't want to study like a slave (which apparently you do in Hopkins and Stern) but at the same time i don't want to slack off... I also heard the social scene at Hopkins is weak as fuck but the kids at BC are all white catholic conservatives...

this sucks
Apr 11, 2012 @ 16:07
Just committed to CSUF. A little hesitant to go, since it was like my 4th choice, but I'm a bit excited. Can any current/former students tell me how it's like at Fullerton? I've already heard that it's a major commuter school, but there has to be some semblance of a social scene...right? Any other benefits from going to this school?

Anyone???

Csuf is one of the four impacted csu's, with sdsu, pomona, and long beach included. I heard the party scene there is pretty good. For filipinos, Friendship games is a wild event. Orgs from all over CA come to rage, but again it's full of bop ass pinoys. It's located in a pretty good area too, there's a shit ton of food places. I go to SDSU, and I have a few friends there who I haven't heard any complaints from aside from being homesick. I honestly wish I got into Fullerton instead of SDSU, but to each his own.

PARADI$E HILL$, $AN DIEGO

Apr 11, 2012 @ 18:22
Got NYU Stern, Hopkins and BC... not sure which to go to tho.

Cus the thing is, I don't want to study like a slave (which apparently you do in Hopkins and Stern) but at the same time i don't want to slack off... I also heard the social scene at Hopkins is weak as fuck but the kids at BC are all white catholic conservatives...

this sucks

Stern, BC, Hopkins

1. Stern will buttfuck you hard cuz you're competing against old money white dudes and cutthroat corporate types (read that from someone else on HB a lot earlier in this thread) but you'll still be in NYC. Just keep it together.

2. BC doesn't mean you do things off-campus. Go into the city and lose yourself with a group of friends.

3. I can't say much about Hopkins.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

Apr 11, 2012 @ 18:55
^pretty much. stern is cut throat competitive. hopkins is for nerdy kids. bc is rich white catholic kids.

honestly, i'd go to bc. you can go into the city if you want and the party scene is decent. good school too.
Apr 11, 2012 @ 21:34
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ucla-apologizes-for-admissions-error.html

ucla accidentally accept over 900 students that were on the wait list lol
Apr 11, 2012 @ 22:08
I go to BC - the white bitches here are gorgeous.. thats all I have to say. Love this school, but I'd be happier if the school was closer to the city. Lovely campus though.

Self Edge x Real Blue Japan 103BSP sz.34x37 NEW WITH TAGS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198628

Apr 12, 2012 @ 02:58
Just committed to CSUF. A little hesitant to go, since it was like my 4th choice, but I'm a bit excited. Can any current/former students tell me how it's like at Fullerton? I've already heard that it's a major commuter school, but there has to be some semblance of a social scene...right? Any other benefits from going to this school? If anything, I'm just going to try to transfer to another CSU in a year or two if this doesn't work out.

Just stick with csuf and finish it. dont waste and effort trying to transfer to another csu. i dated a chick from there; that place aint that bad.

Anyone???

Csuf is one of the four impacted csu's, with sdsu, pomona, and long beach included. I heard the party scene there is pretty good. For filipinos, Friendship games is a wild event. Orgs from all over CA come to rage, but again it's full of bop ass pinoys. It's located in a pretty good area too, there's a shit ton of food places. I go to SDSU, and I have a few friends there who I haven't heard any complaints from aside from being homesick. I honestly wish I got into Fullerton instead of SDSU, but to each his own.

I go to SDSU too. when you graduating?
Apr 12, 2012 @ 03:00
Anyone???

Wow, are you serious? I feel much better now. I wanted to get into SDSU (3rd choice) wayyyy more than CSUF, but what you just said eases my mind a bit. The major I put down is also one of the majors that Fullerton specializes in, so that's definitely a plus. Would you consider Fullerton better than LB State (in terms of both academics and social life)?
Apr 12, 2012 @ 06:56
Having a hard time deciding which school to go to. CSUF, CalPolyPomona, or UCR. I'm thinking about majoring in Finance by the way. Can anybody tell me which school has the best "social scene"?

UC Ragerside lol. Anyways, they have a better business program then the other two

Apr 12, 2012 @ 07:17
Having a hard time deciding which school to go to. CSUF, CalPolyPomona, or UCR. I'm thinking about majoring in Finance by the way. Can anybody tell me which school has the best "social scene"?

UC Ragerside lol. Anyways, they have a better business program then the other two

UCR and CSUF both have great business programs. If your gonna eventually get your MBA, CSUF will most likly feed you into the program if you had graduated from their.
Apr 12, 2012 @ 18:29
^ lol at people who think its a good idea to get an mba from a school out of the top 10.
Apr 12, 2012 @ 20:10
sure. but the tuition and opportunity cost of going to b-school is just not worth it unless you can't get into a top school. the payoff just doesn't make sense.
Apr 12, 2012 @ 20:17
Anyone here go to or know much about University of San Diego?
Apr 12, 2012 @ 23:11
^read this thread and stop posting about things you don't know about

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/lowest-ranked-mba-you-would-attend
Apr 13, 2012 @ 03:45
Stanford

Living at Munger, anyone down to kick it hit me up.
Apr 13, 2012 @ 04:04
Originally posted by Inactive User
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ucla-apologizes-for-admissions-error.html

ucla accidentally accept over 900 students that were on the wait list lol

lol i got an email yesterday from my school saying i got a grant of $2000 my spring quarter of 2006 (wtf?). Got an email today saying it was a mistake. The fuck do schools let this shit happen? i aint even mad doe, still gettin 12k a year in scholarships

All I do is smoke weed and play jazz

Apr 13, 2012 @ 04:05
lol at accidental emoticon^

All I do is smoke weed and play jazz

Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:58
lol things i dont know about? i go to a top 10 undergrad business school, where do you go fag? stop reading shit online when i've actually talked to mba professors about their opinions on this shit. fuck out of here
Aren't you one of the ppl that go to usc here? It's high on the rankings but pretty sure it's not top 10.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

Apr 13, 2012 @ 14:42
Stanford

Living at Munger, anyone down to kick it hit me up.

I have a friend posted in Palo Alto.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

Apr 13, 2012 @ 18:02
^^^have fun with the debt fam.
Apr 13, 2012 @ 19:42
^^must be nice going to school in sunny socal
Apr 13, 2012 @ 19:56
lol things i dont know about? i go to a top 10 undergrad business school, where do you go fag? stop reading shit online when i've actually talked to mba professors about their opinions on this shit. fuck out of here

esse is right though...outside of top 10 or 15 is not worth it if your looking to get into high finance or consulting. of course those are not the only ops after mba, but those are the most well paid. and taking into account how inflated business school tuition is these days, it just isnt worth it to drop 60k+ on bschool if you are not gunning for fat coin after. doing an mba is not about learning; it is 95% brand recognition and making connections, the two most important things in the business world.
Apr 13, 2012 @ 20:52
true unknown mba is better than no mba, but getting into a incredibly competitive field like consulting (management consulting), ibd at a bank, investment funds, etc, will be extremely difficult from a 2nd tier mba. obviously nothing is impossible but it will be near impossible and make your life very hard. bottom line is if you can't get into a top mba program and you want to get into MBB, mega funds, bulge bracket, even just a well known firm, etc, it is better to take those gmats again or get some more work experience before accepting a spot at a second rate mba program
Apr 14, 2012 @ 06:51
Thanks guys for the input/feedback. It really helps to ease my nerves when making decisions.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

Apr 14, 2012 @ 06:56
Anyone???

friendship games was sick, did you go?

slooooo
Apr 14, 2012 @ 07:04
I'm planning to attend UCSC but it's pretty expensive...how do you guys plan to pay off your loans beside work-study and scholarship? I want have enough money saved to pay most of it off by the time I graduate.
Please login first to reply.