College Discussion Thread.

March 19, 2012 @ 07:19:51
I got rejected from both SDSU and CSULB. -_-
What are your guys' stats?
March 19, 2012 @ 07:27:19
Had like a 3.3 GPA but with a lot of extra curricular activities volunteer work, club leader, soccer team, community service, AP classes, ect.
ACT: 21
SAT: 1450 smh

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 19, 2012 @ 07:38:18
jaded
i seriously didn't know that csulb rejected people. the most retarded kids from my high school get accepted every year so i thought that they accepted practically everybody.

I think CSU's and UC's have tightened up because the state's budget is such a mess that they can't offer the courses they were once able to.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 19, 2012 @ 15:57:21
continual tuition hikes, furloughs a few years back, classes being cut, increased pressure to graduate in a timely manner, acceptance into universities getting harder and harder...

fells bad man.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

March 20, 2012 @ 00:23:10
got into UCSB ! 3 for 3 so far.

March 20, 2012 @ 00:33:54
lol what was his gpa? My sat was shit, but I think my GPA got me in.
March 20, 2012 @ 00:48:56
Industrial design is where it's at as far as a sick career goes. I love every day of it. Wish I was doing it in California but I'm good with Iowa state for now

March 20, 2012 @ 03:16:10
Had like a 3.3 GPA but with a lot of extra curricular activities volunteer work, club leader, soccer team, community service, AP classes, ect.
ACT: 21
SAT: 1450 smh

Strange. I had a slightly worse GPA, but better exam scores, yet I was rejected from CSULB. :|
CSUs are making some really arbitrary decisions. It seems like there's no longer a standard. Their semblances of standards are pretty unfair, to be honest. Congrats on the acceptances, though, and I wish you the best of luck with the other schools, my friend. I, myself, am also waiting on UCI, so hopefully that pans out.
got into UCSB ! 3 for 3 so far.

Nice, brah! Where else did you apply aside from UCSB?
March 20, 2012 @ 03:18:53
admission considerations also depend on race, gender, and intended major.
March 20, 2012 @ 07:35:03
Damn I fucked up. I applied to only UCSB, SDSU, and ASU. Got into only ASU. But now realizing tuition and boarding and all that, ill be 130k in debt after 4 years. Guess im going to a cc. smh
March 20, 2012 @ 07:50:08
probably worth it bro. CC is way easy and way easier to get into better universities. just dont slack off, that's what HS was for. i went cc route as well
March 20, 2012 @ 15:54:34
Yea definitely going to be better in the long run. Just going to suck being at home for another 2 years.
March 20, 2012 @ 17:39:47
CC sucks...

the age of ur classmates is gonna range from 15 to 35

March 20, 2012 @ 19:02:03
anyone get into ucla?
March 20, 2012 @ 19:05:15
DAMMIT.

Loyola asked me to be put on the waiting list... smh.
March 20, 2012 @ 19:55:45
new to this, but just wanna shout my alma mater......Temple University. great business school (top 20 in the country), 2 hrs from NY & DC, & a 9:1 girl to guy ratio. so, u get a great education, ure at the party school of Philly, & ure surrounded by bad biddies
March 20, 2012 @ 21:56:48
http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/68926711/News/VIDEO:Cal-State-University-Freezes-Enrollment-for-2013---Eric-Spillman-reports

I'm going to keep it short. California sucks right now b.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

March 20, 2012 @ 22:16:06
anyone get into ucla?

UCLA is posting all admission decisions this friday. Good luck to everyone who applied.

Nice, brah! Where else did you apply aside from UCSB?

UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCSB, and UCSC.
I'm still waiting for LA and Irvine but got into the other 3.
March 20, 2012 @ 22:53:15
new to this, but just wanna shout my alma mater......Temple University. great business school (top 20 in the country), 2 hrs from NY & DC, & a 9:1 girl to guy ratio. so, u get a great education, ure at the party school of Philly, & ure surrounded by bad biddies

no hate but Temple U definitely ain't no top 20 business school if you're referring to undergrad. ain't even top 100 in most rankings.

geah my fault....should've been more specific. undergrad, you are right. its #55 as of this year's USNews ranking, but it's #9 in International Business & #17 in MBA programs

http://www.fox.temple.edu/ranking/

Had alot of fun there in undergrad & graduate.......would def suggest it to anyone
March 21, 2012 @ 01:38:05
UCLA, UCI, UCSD, UCSB, and UCSC.
I'm still waiting for LA and Irvine but got into the other 3.

Word? Dang, good stuff, mah du. I'm assuming your GPA is somewhere in the range of an upper-3.0 to a low-4.0?
March 21, 2012 @ 03:11:03
4/4 with SCU, LMU, USF and UCSB. Waiting on UCI and UCLA as well. This Friday will be interesting smokeyface
March 21, 2012 @ 03:44:32
got accepted to uci, ucsb, ucd, sdsu,ucsc, nyu only been rejected to ucsd =(
waiting for ucla and stanford lol not hoping much
March 23, 2012 @ 02:08:49
Has anyone been accepted to UCI yet? I'm still waiting. Gawht..the anxiety is killin' me right now.
March 23, 2012 @ 03:02:28
Visiting Marquette this weekend. I hear back from Michigan State in April about some scholarships and if that doesnt work out it's between Marquette and Lsu. Any input?
Please login first to reply.
x