March 18, 2012 @ 07:01:23
got accepted to UCSD and UCSC so far.
still waiting on UCLA, UCI, and UCSB.
Anyone here go to SD? How is it?
March 18, 2012 @ 07:04:26
UCSD is boring. Haha.

edit: coming from a guy that goes to SDSU

stay pau

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 18, 2012 @ 08:30:54
biological science type shit...LOL

u kno how ignorant u sound my du?
March 18, 2012 @ 15:46:49
got accepted to Washington College lmfao...

got a $40,000 scholarship too...
March 18, 2012 @ 15:51:08
Originally posted by Inactive User
1600/1600 ?

na b. 1600 overall lol.
but damn, loyola doesnt accept the writing portion -_______-

without writing, my score is a 1050...

wait was your gpa .88 or 3.88?
LOL it wasnt an 88. My school didn't base it off a 1-4 grading scale. We based it off of 0-100 and I had an 88.

i think thats around a 3.3

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 18, 2012 @ 18:25:22
Really interested in UC Santa Cruz, anybody goes to that school? How is it? Seems like a pretty good school with a chill atmosphere.

March 18, 2012 @ 19:37:52
Really interested in UC Santa Cruz, anybody goes to that school? How is it? Seems like a pretty good school with a chill atmosphere.

homie goes there, only gets faded on weekends. dont get raped in the middle of the forrest.

i got accepted there too, but chose SDSU.

stay pau

March 18, 2012 @ 20:13:19
Congrats to everyone.
Hope we see some more distinguished school acceptance!
March 18, 2012 @ 20:37:30
only applied to 3 schools, got into UCSC&SFSU. Rejected from UCD.

UCSC here I come then LOL.

edit: ohhhh what the fu.. looked at that tuition costs. Worth it? Prolly not.
March 18, 2012 @ 20:41:12

dont go there unless u like wilderness & not having a career
March 18, 2012 @ 23:44:33

Those are some harsh words B. Why though? I'm interested in Biological studies.
March 19, 2012 @ 00:09:52
Anyone know anything about CalArt?
March 19, 2012 @ 02:37:45

Those are some harsh words B. Why though? I'm interested in Biological studies.

what kind of biological studies? if you're talking about doing bio or chem --> med school or something then sure

but i know a handful of people from norcal who went there and they 1) hated it because they arent hippies & 2) graduated without a job and are willing to take a retail job at hollister for example. u need to have a plan/goal (which may or may not happen, but that's not the point) and do your research and see if x university and x major can get u there

and chill atmosphere usually means many people there aren't career oriented
March 19, 2012 @ 02:47:31
Yeah after I graduate I plan to go to med school, get my doctorate and that's the plan.
March 19, 2012 @ 03:10:36
generic ass nigga

March 19, 2012 @ 03:15:09
Some of you real salty, trying to put a young dude down, what's so wrong with my plan, just trying to get some advice about to start college this year.
March 19, 2012 @ 03:18:51
^^do u my nigga. dont let some random forum members put u down.

im just sayin you only live once. try to do something more original.
March 19, 2012 @ 04:53:55
there's nothing wrong with med school. the only thing is actually taking the steps necessary to getting there such as interning, shadowing, volunteering, studying, etc. most ppl say oh im gonna go to law school/med school/w/e and are like "shit" when they finish undergrad and realized they didnt do everything they could have. GL
March 19, 2012 @ 05:01:08
jaded
Nothing wrong with med school, if you can stick it out you'll always have a job. Just make sure it's something you really want to do, because it's a major investment in terms of both time and money. If you don't have a passion for it, you'll be miserable. My friend just finished med school and he seems to have this kind of post med school depression because he feels like he missed out on so much during his twenties because he was in school the whole time. It's time you will never get back, so make sure it's worth the sacrifice to you. If you're unsure, check out the forums on studentdoctor.net, people post about their experiences with med school all the time.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

March 19, 2012 @ 05:24:07
Thanks a lot, it's pretty scary sometimes thinking about all the work I'm going to have to put if I do go all out and missing out on what probably is going to be the best missed time of my life. but I've always wanted to do this since i was like 7.
March 19, 2012 @ 05:29:19
i feel like the only incentive for students to become doctors is for the money and social status.

whos really going to be passionate about diagnosing people with diseases and dealing with their depression and shit?

then you have to monitor their status as their disease progresses and eventually watch them die. if u wanna be around sick, dying people your whole life, then do you. you can also fuck up during a diagnosis or operating procedure and inadvertently kill someone which will fuck up ur psyche.

it sounds depressing as fuck and i would not want to throw away my 20s and invest all of the money and time into that type of career.

#YOLO
March 19, 2012 @ 05:44:56
Maybe du really likes helping people. They only live once anyway, right?
It's all a matter of opinion anyway.

stay pau

March 19, 2012 @ 05:47:37
Maybe du really likes helping people. They only live once anyway, right?
It's all a matter of opinion anyway.

there are plenty of other ways to help people...
March 19, 2012 @ 06:01:57
lol.
we need doctors whether you like it or not.
March 19, 2012 @ 06:37:02
SFSU and SDSU accepted so far. Currently praying for my CSULB appeal...
March 19, 2012 @ 07:13:51
SFSU and SDSU accepted so far. Currently praying for my CSULB appeal...

Got into CSULB but got denied from SDSU o.0
Please login first to reply.
x