Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 14, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
losolu

Bump. Accepted to UCR and SFSU, so far. Both of those schools were a couple of my safeties, though. Still waiting on CSULB, UCI, UCD, SDSU, CSUF and SJSU. The wait is killing me... ;_;

SJSU should be a sure in depending on where you're from. Everyone I know that applied got accepted, but that was probably bad on SJSU's part. They ran out of dorms, so they threw the rest of the students who were dorming into the HYATT hotel. But hope them acceptance letters start flowing in bruh
February 14, 2012 @ 05:12 AM
soulamazing.

^ I appreciate it, brotha! Thanks. But yeah, SJSU is pretty low on my list of potential schools. I'm not too concerned about whether or not I get accepted there (knock on wood, though). The only schools that I'm really worried about in terms of acceptances are LB State, Irvine and SDSU. The rest of the schools are just whatever.
February 14, 2012 @ 05:22 AM
Dat1Dude562

^ I appreciate it, brotha! Thanks. But yeah, SJSU is pretty low on my list of potential schools. I'm not too concerned about whether or not I get accepted there (knock on wood, though). The only schools that I'm really worried about in terms of acceptances are LB State, Irvine and SDSU. The rest of the schools are just whatever.

LB state is a really good school. Im thinking about transferring there from Long Beach Community College but im not sure. Ive been in L.B. my whole life and i'd rather not go there (even though it's one of the best CSU's. It'd be much easier for me to get in there though than you. Good luck with that

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

February 14, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
jaded

Going to a community college and parents verbally destroyed me. Sall good doe. People make CC to be awful and looked down but I actually like it and it's a good place to start off IMO.

Why would they be mad about that? it's cheaper and you can get all your general ed out of the way then decide on a university. My friend went to community college for all his general ed, then went to UC Berkeley for his degree, then UC San Diego for medical school. No shame in starting at community college, I actually wish I would have because around here the classes sizes are significantly smaller and it's a lot cheaper. Taking biology at the CC here in town would've meant being in a class with about 30 students, at the university I went to I was in a bio class with about 200. Plus if you really buckle down at CC and get really good grades, you can transfer just about anywhere to finish up your degree.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 14, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
jaded

Well if you're paying for it then it shouldn't concern them. Best thing to do is get good grades, transfer to a good university, and prove them wrong cool

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

February 14, 2012 @ 07:39 AM
kushburner

anybody transfer to ucb here? what gpa did you have?

Assuming you are transferring? if you got above a 3.25gpa you should be good for sdsu. it also depends what you chose as your major during the application process since some majors are impacted. sdsu & csulb are very different from uci though imo. they are all pretty decent academically.
February 14, 2012 @ 08:57 AM
sharkahkhan

xfghfgdhfghdfghdfghdfghdfgh

does it come in black?

February 14, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
thrillmatic

^ u gotta have at least a 3.7 for berkley to even stand a chance these days.

^ Truth. A few years ago I got into a top 10 school (affirmative action plus strong application) but was rejected at UCLA (which is odd, because even though my UC GPA was only a 3.7 I had a SAT score in the top 25% for applicants) and waitlisted at Irvine. I didn't even apply to Berkeley cause I knew I had no chance. I know a good amount of people there, including a girl in Haas.

Btw, I went to school in the Valley for anyone who cares.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

February 14, 2012 @ 06:21 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

^^iz u black?
February 14, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
sharkahkhan

gfhdfghdfghdfghdfghdfghdfgh

does it come in black?

February 15, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
mallymall7

transferred to CSUN last fall from DVC. technically a commuter school but its packed and has a beautiful campus. just got a new rec center that shits on life itself (rock climbing walls, weights and cardio stuff on the first floor. 5-6 bball/vball courts on the second floor, and a track with more cardio and a lounge on the third floor)

joined a frat and life is good except they need to file for impaction cause i know hella ppl who arent graduating this year, receiving their financial aid, and/or arent even attending this semester because initially registering and adding classes is damn near impossible. im taking bullshit classes just to be in school and so i can stay active in my frat, plus all the bad females are on campus

Smang City Gauntlet - Forever The Dopest

February 15, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
soulamazing.

Dang. I just received a rejection from CSULB through e-mail. That stings. LB State was my top choice. Sigh...I guess I just have to suck it up and move on. On to the next...

anybody transfer to ucb here? what gpa did you have?

Assuming you are transferring? if you got above a 3.25gpa you should be good for sdsu. it also depends what you chose as your major during the application process since some majors are impacted. sdsu & csulb are very different from uci though imo. they are all pretty decent academically.

Nah, I'm an incoming freshman.
February 15, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
himynameisblank

whats your gpa and sat soulamazing? its cool bro you aren't alone after getting my first rejection letter from LB I'm scared as fuck thinking about getting rejected from UCR

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

February 15, 2012 @ 09:18 PM
Ecks

Advice to all freshman for next fall: do not smoke pot. It will fuck you.
February 16, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
thrillmatic

^^iz u black?

Does Charlie Sheen love blow?

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

February 16, 2012 @ 02:37 AM
soulamazing.

how the fuck do you get rejected from LB? i've seen semi retarded kids get accepted into LB..

Lol, that's what everyone thinks. It might have been that easy to get into LB when you were still a senior, but times have changed. Back then, anyone that could breathe was accepted to the higher-tier CSUs like SD and LB, but clearly that's not the case now, as they have tightened up on admissions. Since tuition is rising (in California, especially), CSUs are becoming impacted and currently do not have enough spots to admit qualified students 'cause of budget cuts, so students who would have gotten in easily a few years ago are now being turned down.

And for those who were curious about my stats: my GPA was a 3.25 (I slacked off a lot in the past couple of years), my SAT superscore is a 1780, and my ACT Composite score is a 27. Nothing special, I suppose, but I've been a pretty apathetic student. I thought I would have been accepted, too, but I guess my GPA and the fact that I don't live in the surrounding area killed my chances.
February 16, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
PhoisGOOD

Accepted to Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount so far cool Waiting on USF, UCI, UCLA and UCSB. If ya boy gets into ucla, its good cool.
February 16, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
ricky tan

college sux

hung 10 never surfed

February 18, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
kmz

Accepted to Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount so far cool Waiting on USF, UCI, UCLA and UCSB. If ya boy gets into ucla, its good cool.

nice, what u plan on majoring in?

IMO, you'd be a fool to go to LMU (not sure if you even want to but still i thought id comment) as it gets no cred around here since USC, UCLA, Caltech, CMC, Pomona, Harvey Mudd and even Occidental are light years ahead of it and in the same city/area

SCU is legit and has great rep in the area. not up to par w/ UCB/Stanford but still. I actually had my deposit in for SCU until USC accepted me
February 18, 2012 @ 08:29 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

i know most of you are undergrads but do any of you know how difficult it is to get into the electrical engineering grad programs at UCI, UCSB, UCD, UCLA, USC?
February 19, 2012 @ 11:17 PM
lifes outro .

cuny needs to respond asap, im impatient.
February 19, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
TRILL Bill

A nigga got a full ride to Howard cool
February 20, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
thrillmatic

Fo real? Lucky-ass nigga. I got butt-raped by UChicago's tuition a year and a half ago to the point where I had to leave school, and my family is still feeling the financial aftershock today. I'd love to be in your place.

February 20, 2012 @ 09:47 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

^^damn that sucks that u had to leave school because of financial reasons...thats why you dont go to school out of state
February 20, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
appleyard

uchicago is a private school... you don't pay out of state fees..
February 21, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
TRILL Bill

Fo real? Lucky-ass nigga. I got butt-raped by UChicago's tuition a year and a half ago to the point where I had to leave school, and my family is still feeling the financial aftershock today. I'd love to be in your place.

Dang I'm sorry to hear that man. My number one was USC, but I doubt the money they give will come anywhere near to a full-ride. I still get fafsa on top of that, so I'm set for all four years if I go to Howard.
February 21, 2012 @ 02:57 PM
thrillmatic

^^damn that sucks that u had to leave school because of financial reasons...thats why you dont go to school out of state

I went to a private school so tuition is the same regardless of residency. I was declined at UCLA (my #1 choice) and I wasn't going to fuck with UC Irvine after I got off the waitlist when I realized that school had no niggas. If I could do it again I would've bared through community college at home just to go to UCLA in 2 years.

A nigga got a full ride to Howard

Dang I'm sorry to hear that man. My number one was USC, but I doubt the money they give will come anywhere near to a full-ride. I still get fafsa on top of that, so I'm set for all four years if I go to Howard.

Yeah, USC caters to the upper middle-class and athletes. The few people I know who went there are: a girl who is in one of the 2nd-tier sororities (all the first tier ones cater to old money types) and another friend who recieves a discount on tuition because his mother works there.

I don't know much about the HBCU experience to tell you, but for greater insight you should watch School Daze by Spike Lee. He produced those right before Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X, it's a musical with a lot of style to it, very entertaining and enlightening.

February 22, 2012 @ 05:55 PM

Inactive

Thinking about transferring to Morehouse. Anyone know anything about campus life?

I don't know how I got to this state, let me out of my cage, 'cause I'm dyin'...

February 22, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
JayLovesPinays

Advice to all freshman for next fall: do not smoke pot. It will fuck you.

Not a freshman, but after my recent incident with pot - listen to this man.
February 22, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
thrillmatic

Thinking about transferring to Morehouse. Anyone know anything about campus life?

See the post about School Daze that is right about the one I just quoted.

Please login first to reply.