Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 14, 2012 @ 03:27 AM
slapper

i hate when my parents give me that talk about changing my major to something in the medical field. its that pinoid parent talk
January 14, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
losolu

I'm taking Pre-Calc Honors as a Junior. Am I behind?

im going to school for biomedical engineering next year, and im taking pre calc as a senior. here in new york thats considered on track so your straight.

pre calc is considered on track in senior year? I thought most schools made you take it junior year and then let you have the option of taking calc or not in senior year.

junior year most kids were taking algebra2/trig and as a senior you get the option of taking pre calc(regents or honors) or supa stats which i heard is a bitch so i avoided it.

at my school it was common to take pre-calc as a junior. by senior year, most of the kids were taking stats or calc. students who took alg2 as a junior usually don't move up to precalc their senior year.... besides me..
January 14, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
D. Rose

cant do engineering anymore

feel so lost without a major doe

Real talk though I feel lost now I had it planned out in my head..

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

January 15, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
soulamazing.

Anyone shooting for CSULB this year?

Yessir. Are you an incoming freshman or a transfer student? What are you trying to major in? Other than that, I've heard some pretty good things about LB State. I'm torn between that and SDSU, though. Any suggestions?
January 15, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
NelsS

yo do you think i could get into NYU i got 1980 on SATs and 29 on ACT and a 3.56 GPA
January 15, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
iggy-koopa

why would you choose calpoly over berkeley? one is a no-name second tier public and the other is an internationally renowned. you can always switch majors if you don't like engineering.

Well of course I would choose Berkeley over Cal Poly, but I'm just being realistic and assuming I wouldn't get into the top engineering school as an engineering major when I'm not a math genius or anything.
Is computer sciences toward the same thing as electrical engineering? Because ideally I'd love to work with computers in the future and still be successful. My parents have tried pushing the "become a doctor" speech like typical asian parents ever since I was little and it's really not even in the realm of my interests.

I'd suggest Computer Engineering; it's pretty much half Computer Science and half Electrical Engineering

I'm a first year at cal poly computer science major; I took CPE 101 because I thought about switching to computer engineering but I'm not too interested in the hardware aspect. The reason I chose cal poly is because of the "learn by doing" and its a great engineering (computer science is part of the college of engineering here)/great in general school; last quarter we made apps for android it was pretty sick imo

I didn't take Calc my senior year in high school because the teacher was a hard ass but theres hella resources here like free tutoring, office hours, study groups yadida and I pulled through with an A for my calc 1 class (equivalent to Calc AB? in hs, but we learn it here in just 10 weeks)
January 15, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
joej12321

yo do you think i could get into NYU i got 1980 on SATs and 29 on ACT and a 3.56 GPA
my friend got into NYU with a slightly lower SAT but a higher GPA so it's possible
January 15, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
D. Rose

I'd suggest Computer Engineering; it's pretty much half Computer Science and half Electrical Engineering

I'm a first year at cal poly computer science major; I took CPE 101 because I thought about switching to computer engineering but I'm not too interested in the hardware aspect. The reason I chose cal poly is because of the "learn by doing" and its a great engineering (computer science is part of the college of engineering here)/great in general school; last quarter we made apps for android it was pretty sick imo

I didn't take Calc my senior year in high school because the teacher was a hard ass but theres hella resources here like free tutoring, office hours, study groups yadida and I pulled through with an A for my calc 1 class (equivalent to Calc AB? in hs, but we learn it here in just 10 weeks)

Yo this sounds like what I want to do. More on the software aspect than hardware. How did you grades/SAT scores look like if I may ask?

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

January 15, 2012 @ 04:21 AM
dylan fisher

got into Pitt, holla!!

Easy mang...

January 15, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
iggy-koopa

Yo this sounds like what I want to do. More on the software aspect than hardware. How did you grades/SAT scores look like if I may ask?

I had like a 1850? with a 3.86
January 15, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
kmz

Cal Poly has a really good engineering school that is ranked higher than most UCs. The other guy has no idea lol.

school brand/prestige carries much more weight than anything else. the real world is ugly my friend. even if berk's eng program was below cpslo's (which may or may not be true depending on which ranking you look at), you'd be a fool to go to cpslo if you want to get the best job possible out of school
January 19, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
Eyeonized

For those of ya'll who transferred from community college to UC...

How did you guys secure apartments? I know apartment shopping begins around February for Fall quarter but acceptance letters don't come around until April.
January 19, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
D

any accounting majors out there? if so, how is intermediate 1 and cost accounting? taking them both next semester
January 19, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
appleyard

Cal Poly has a really good engineering school that is ranked higher than most UCs. The other guy has no idea lol.

school brand/prestige carries much more weight than anything else. the real world is ugly my friend. even if berk's eng program was below cpslo's (which may or may not be true depending on which ranking you look at), you'd be a fool to go to cpslo if you want to get the best job possible out of school

If we're only talking about Cal vs Cal Poly, then obviously Cal is a better school... Prestige is a factor, but not everything. CPSLO graduates actually have higher median incomes in their mid-career than all the UCs, which are said to be more "prestigious" than CSUs in general... I think they are only behind UCSD and of course, Berkeley. Polytechnic programs in general are very quantitative based, and this can be seen as an advantage to people and employers who want someone with those skills.
January 20, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
tmwtg

any accounting majors out there? if so, how is intermediate 1 and cost accounting? taking them both next semester

All my homies who've taken Intermediate say it's worse than Tax, which is already horrible to begin with.
January 20, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
craigsagersuit

where my culinary art majors at? y'all recommend any good CC for that? i'm planning on going to Cerritos for now, heard a lot of good things from that school and then transfer on to Cal Poly

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

January 20, 2012 @ 02:20 AM
shakintheD

Ya boi fucking up in his junior year of high school, finishing the first semester with a 3.1 GPA, smh. No AP classes, no sports, no clubs and activities, no community service shit. My overall GPA in the past 3 years is probably like a 3.25. Hopefully my SAT score will be 1800+ Fuck man I just want to go instate UCONN and be in medical field/nursing smh at my lazy ass.

Looooooosing hope man fuck

If I have to go to a community college and do that 2 year transfer shit I will probably kill myself tbh.
January 20, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
swervin

my friend who graduated last year was top 30-50 and got like 1300 SAT
still got in storrs uconn and plus he from eh (sw got better chance than eh)
just take some AP classes next year to show colleges that you are capable of college level stuff

im still waiting for uconn to respond sad
got accepted to eastern so far
January 20, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
█ █

I have noticed over the past few weeks that all the international students (chinese) at my school (OSU) wear expensive as fuck brands. Bape, CDG play, visvim, gucci, lv, evisu, and levi's fenoms I just assumed they were real since if you are studying in america you need to be pretty wealthy. On the other hand one of my buddies assumes that everything they wear is fake since they are from china. Anyone have any insight on what sup?

nah that shit is real. basically, if you see any chinese/hk fob, they are wealthy.
January 20, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
slap

i did pretty good in high school. i'm a second year at ucla now.
honestly, i wish i did community college + transfer.
i would be making much better grades.
chances at pharmacy school now ... gone.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

January 20, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
Cybrax2

Im taking 16 units. Is that too much? GEneral Chem, Calc, GEneral engineering, and general psyc.

I took 13 earlier, it was nothing.
January 20, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
sploosh

I'm really lost on what to do right now. Michigan State has an automatic scholarship that I need where my ACT was 4 points above what was needed but my gpa is .1 short. I gave admissions a call and they said they'd put me in a separate folder and let me know if they had enough left over money for me to get the scholarship but not until APRIL which is way too late to make a decision. My backups are Temple and LSU but I need to see Temple and I don't know how strong LSU's advertising school is.
At this point I'm contemplating on just signing up to go to MSU and crossing my fingers I can get this scholarship, and if not, I guess I will have some loans to pay off. Any advice/ anybody at lsu, temple, or msu? I would prefer to not have a bunch of money to pay off

CHEAP~ Huf Camo Waxed Highland, Saddlemans, Jcrew, Levis Commuters~CHEAP http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193523

January 20, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
D

All my homies who've taken Intermediate say it's worse than Tax, which is already horrible to begin with.

Yeah man. I have been reading about intermediate on college confidential and heard it was a living nightmare. I'm worried because I didn't find financial and managerial accounting to be easy as fuck (which are supposed to be compared to the other classes) but not hard either, so I can only imagine what I'm getting myself into.
January 20, 2012 @ 05:51 AM
Homes

I have noticed over the past few weeks that all the international students (chinese) at my school (OSU) wear expensive as fuck brands. Bape, CDG play, visvim, gucci, lv, evisu, and levi's fenoms I just assumed they were real since if you are studying in america you need to be pretty wealthy. On the other hand one of my buddies assumes that everything they wear is fake since they are from china. Anyone have any insight on what sup?

nah that shit is real. basically, if you see any chinese/hk fob, they are wealthy.

yeah, up here at UW there's always brand new audis, bmws and benzes driving around, often customized. always a fob driving them
January 30, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
backlikethat

got rejected from umbc (all the DMV heads know)

they said to apply for the 2013 spring semester with 14 transferable credits..
they said they'll put my application into the spring 2013 if i want them to....

=( Community College for a semester -_____-

hopefully i get into Loyola or Towson....
January 30, 2012 @ 10:37 PM
backlikethat

Do you think you can explain why? A lot of people look down on Community... well, atleast asian parents.
January 31, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
fuckboisanchez

Do you think you can explain why? A lot of people look down on Community... well, atleast asian parents.

Kim Jong Trill, im first year and i really wish i took the community college route as well. the difference between university and high school is just so intense that unless you're really putting in the work every single day and i mean reading, taking notes, practice questions, you're gonna fuck up and have a low gpa in that first semester. i think community college + transfer helps you avoid all that shit first year students struggle with
January 31, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
kushburner

well, atleast asian parents.

Cause they dont know whats up. All that matters is where you finish your degree.
January 31, 2012 @ 07:58 AM
appleyard

asian parents trying to lecture about college yet never gone
February 14, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
soulamazing.

Bump. Accepted to UCR and SFSU, so far. Both of those schools were a couple of my safeties, though. Still waiting on CSULB, UCI, UCD, SDSU, CSUF and SJSU. The wait is killing me... ;_;

Please login first to reply.