Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
January 5, 2012 @ 07:48 AM
macabre

^ i know, didnt take it serious at all. im trying get my shit together now in college, but it wont affect my 2012 fall admissions
January 13, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
goldengoose

probably asked already but does what college you go to really affect how much money you'll make in the long run?
January 13, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
no0 v.2.0

Anything less than an A with that easy ass schedule is sad

forreal. art and management? how could you fuck that up?
January 13, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
backlikethat

finished applying to all my schools.... now i can finally rest.
January 13, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
bapa

after you get accepted, what are the minimum gpa/grades that you should maintain? trying to take it easy and relax, but not tryna get my acceptance withdrawn ya feel. im trying to figure out how i should pace myself, cuz a nigga is done talking to my counselor, she always be scarin the fuck outta me.
January 13, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
usomanuso

after you get accepted, what are the minimum gpa/grades that you should maintain? trying to take it easy and relax, but not tryna get my acceptance withdrawn ya feel. im trying to figure out how i should pace myself, cuz a nigga is done talking to my counselor, she always be scarin the fuck outta me.
im pretty sure you just need to make sure you don't receive any D's or F's. As long as you keep a decent GPA you should be good
January 13, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
soulamazing.

Those admission decisions have got me super anxious and impatient. March and April could not come any slower. Does anyone else feel the same way? I know some people who have already been accepted to a couple schools, and I have yet to receive anything. confused
January 13, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
D. Rose

I'm trying to major in electrical engineering or computer engineering or business and my top two choices for schools right now is calpoly and berkeley

Problem is, one of my weakest subjects is math. Is it doable? If I put in the time, I'll get the concept, but math doesn't come to me like that and I honestly don't like it. Can I still major in what I want?

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

January 13, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
NZOO

I'm trying to major in electrical engineering or computer engineering or business and my top two choices for schools right now is calpoly and berkeley

Problem is, one of my weakest subjects is math. Is it doable? If I put in the time, I'll get the concept, but math doesn't come to me like that and I honestly don't like it. Can I still major in what I want?

You can try, but a lot of math involved you gonna take like 2 calc classes fucking with that major and other maths..

Don't badmind me.

January 13, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
vanitas

Anyone shooting for CSULB this year?
January 13, 2012 @ 03:29 AM
D

Engineering is probably not your best choice, no matter which one it is. Too much math involved, business on the other hand is very doable. I'm doing accounting now and I am not a math person at all, much of the math used in business is basic arithmetic.
January 13, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
BapeDan

lol what sport? fencing?

Gymnastics
January 13, 2012 @ 03:47 AM
D. Rose

Damn, real talk, not even cal poly? Both my parents are engineers so I grew up wanting to be one also. And I know it's a well-paying career. Business on the other hand was my 2nd choice, if I was going to dual-major. I actually wanted to major in engineering and then get a master's in business. Business would be my fallback if something happened like I changed my mind or something. And if I did end up getting a job in business, wouldn't it be tough if the economy was bad like right now? Whereas in engineering, there are still plenty of big companies hiring, like google. Man, not gonna lie I'm scared right now because I don't know what I want if I can't major in engineering or business.

January 13, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
appleyard

i go to cal poly... if you're not good at math then you prolly shouldn't be an engineering major, because you will prob have to take at a minimum 3 calc classes and linear algebra & analysis, most engineering majors enter poly taking calc 1 or 2 their first quarter... a lot of the engineering programs are 5 years, some 6 years, so if you enter with a lower level math class, you will already be behind...
January 13, 2012 @ 04:00 AM
D. Rose

I'm taking Pre-Calc Honors as a Junior. Am I behind?

January 13, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
bapa

im going to school for biomedical engineering next year, and im taking pre calc as a senior. here in new york thats considered on track so your straight.
January 13, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
backlikethat

^ did u get letters from loyola yet?
January 13, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
D. Rose

Edit: If it changes anything...
Now that I think about it, I might not be that bad at math, it's just that I'm taking harder/advanced classes compared to my peers that have easier classes with better grades. Anyways I got a 630 on the math portion of the SAT, I only took it once so far, English was my lowest, but I'm not planning on majoring in anything English related.

January 13, 2012 @ 06:50 AM
Homes

Now that I think about it, I might not be that bad at math, it's just that I'm taking harder/advanced classes compared to my peers that have easier classes with better grades. Anyways I got a 630 on the math portion of the SAT, I only took it once so far, English was my lowest, but I'm not planning on majoring in anything English related.

I too was in Honors Pre-Calc junior year of high school, but you have to remember that when you get into a school thats as good as berkeley, you are the average. Probably one of the biggest differences I noticed when I got to university. In hs, I beat my peers academically honestly without trying that hard. I graduated top 10% of my class in the entire state without really ever busting my ass, and here I bust my ass every quarter to do "above average" in most of my classes. Not top 10%, maybe like top 25%, and I'm a business major.

Not saying you can't do it, I'm just saying that you should take that into account and definitely have a back up plan. What I'd say is take a math class or engineering class like that early on when you get there (maybe first quarter) and decide from there. The kind of kids who are engineering majors here are fucking geniuses, and my school is not as highly ranked as Berkeley. And with a business degree, you can definitely still get a job, you just have to appy yourself outside the classroom more. The figures they give out are that a lot of fields in business are experiencing job growth anyways (especially accounting), and I know a kid who hasn't even graduated yet and is working at ML.
January 13, 2012 @ 06:56 AM
Lew

you have to be well skilled in advanced calculus for engineering
January 13, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
estoybien

why would you choose calpoly over berkeley? one is a no-name second tier public and the other is an internationally renowned. you can always switch majors if you don't like engineering.
January 13, 2012 @ 07:04 AM
Belak

It's all about will power and how you apply yourself, if you really want to excel in engineering you can get through the math just be aware it's gonna suck ass but the pay off is incredible. This last year at UW I fucked up hardcore, got my shit together applied myself and have been improving significantly without really noticing it until I got my grade report.
January 13, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
D. Rose

why would you choose calpoly over berkeley? one is a no-name second tier public and the other is an internationally renowned. you can always switch majors if you don't like engineering.

Well of course I would choose Berkeley over Cal Poly, but I'm just being realistic and assuming I wouldn't get into the top engineering school as an engineering major when I'm not a math genius or anything.
Is computer sciences toward the same thing as electrical engineering? Because ideally I'd love to work with computers in the future and still be successful. My parents have tried pushing the "become a doctor" speech like typical asian parents ever since I was little and it's really not even in the realm of my interests.

January 13, 2012 @ 08:00 AM
kushburner

Computer engineering is much like electrical engineering. Computer science isnt though.

Cal Poly has a really good engineering school that is ranked higher than most UCs. The other guy has no idea lol.
January 13, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
Jamie Dimon

im going to school for biomedical engineering next year, and im taking pre calc as a senior. here in new york thats considered on track so your straight.

pre calc is considered on track in senior year? I thought most schools made you take it junior year and then let you have the option of taking calc or not in senior year.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

January 14, 2012 @ 12:04 AM
WCDon

my nigga d.rose ima keep it 100% real with you. i know you may think that you're average/above average at math right now but homie it seems like engineering might not be the best route for you especially since you're thinking big and wanting to get into berkeley and cal poly. my roommate at sc right now is a mechanical engineering major i believe and he took both calculus ab and bc in high school and got a 5. he also got a 800 on the math portion of sat and also 800 on math 2 for sat 2. engineering requires you to be very competent in calculus and also physics. i've seen his hw and that shit is so ridiculously conceptual it gives me a fuckin headache. if i were you, i'd focus on going the business route mang just my .02 cents unless you love calculus which i doubt you will.

Im in Calc AB right now and its a fuckin bitch. Got a fucking D last semester fuck. Precal was easy as fuck for me cuz all that shit was just formulas and straight forward sht but any math beyond that is like some analytical ass shit where you actually have to come up with a solution and not from a formula.

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

January 14, 2012 @ 12:16 AM
backlikethat

anyone an economics major?

how hard is it and is it rewarding?

i take ap microeco and im getting a hang of it.

the only troubled part for me is understanding the philosophy of why you
use certain formulas.
January 14, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
TheAbstrakt

cant do engineering anymore

feel so lost without a major doe
January 14, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
theoptimisticmind

I had 5 classes last semester, one of them being computer science (supposedly one of the easiest classes at my school) and it's my worst class in terms of grades -faceplant-

http://www.theoptimisticmind.tumblr.com

January 14, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
bapa

pre calc is considered on track in senior year? I thought most schools made you take it junior year and then let you have the option of taking calc or not in senior year.

junior year most kids were taking algebra2/trig and as a senior you get the option of taking pre calc(regents or honors) or supa stats which i heard is a bitch so i avoided it.

Please login first to reply.