Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 13, 2011 @ 01:30 AM
me>u

how hard is chem. engineering?

i got a 560 on my sat math
and i didnt learn crap in chem.

do yall think i can handle it?

instagram: funthera

December 13, 2011 @ 02:58 AM
Homes

how hard is chem. engineering?

i got a 560 on my sat math
and i didnt learn crap in chem.

do yall think i can handle it?

honestly I would say no. that kind of shit is hard as fuck. I got a 660 on my SAT math, took Bio, AP Bio, and AP Chem in hs. I go to a heavy bio/chem/medical sciences college and I can honestly say I don't think I would pass the first class in any chem series. Don't limit yourself by not trying, but definitely have a back up plan.
December 13, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
me>u

dang. =(

instagram: funthera

December 13, 2011 @ 04:59 AM
losolu

Got my grades for 1st quarter
B- Calc 2
A- English
A- Micro Econ
A Business survey
got a 3.406

how's the grading system in college? I heard that A's were no longer 4. it's like a 3.7? is that true? and A- is a 3.2 and so on
December 13, 2011 @ 05:23 AM
Homes

dang. =(

Not to say you shouldn't try it, seriously. Maybe just take like one class that you know is a prereq for the major (like the first class in the chem series, or the intro engineering class) but I wouldn't just dive in without having options. It also depends on your competition, where are you going to college?
December 13, 2011 @ 05:27 AM
Homes

B- Calc 2
A- English
A- Micro Econ
A Business survey
got a 3.406

how's the grading system in college? I heard that A's were no longer 4. it's like a 3.7? is that true? and A- is a 3.2 and so on

Technically it works like this: http://inquiry.princetonreview.com/leadgentemplate/GPA_popup.asp

But almost all classes (all the ones I or my friends have ever been in) are graded on a curve. Normally each department has a required average (usually between 2.7-3.1) that they set the class at, so that makes a significant difference. For example, in the math class I'm taking right now, I've gotten around a 90% on both the midterms but they both translated into a 4.0 because in terms of the average of the class those scores were far enough above to be in the 4.0 range.
December 13, 2011 @ 05:28 AM
jlaz93

B- Calc 2
A- English
A- Micro Econ
A Business survey
got a 3.406

Depends on the school some schools just do a,b,c, ect.. i go to ohio state and we have + and -. Thought it would be an advantage but already proved to balance it self out
December 13, 2011 @ 05:32 AM
PowerCum

B- Calc 2
A- English
A- Micro Econ
A Business survey
got a 3.406

a is still a 4.0 at unc
December 13, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
D

guys, i know im probably gonna get trolled the fuck out lol. but i got a serious question; i got caught cheating in a stupid final for a stupid ass class (idk what i was thinking). how fucked am i? anybody ever go through this?
December 13, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
tmwtg

^ How'd you get caught?

I think you just flunk the final. I don't think your teacher will fail you in the actual class. Let's hope you have a strong overall grade before getting that 0 on the final.
December 13, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
D

alright, i'm gonna go into every detail here because i think i can argue this with the dean, board or whoever i may have to speak with. i was taking a final for an introductory art history class (the easiest class i'm taking, but the one i'm doing the worst in because that class is so boring and pointless) i took out my phone and tried to google answers i didn't know (did this for like 2 answers, the rest i did on my own). the whole time i was looking at the professor and i didn't see her looking at me at all. some people started handing in exams and i'm thinking someone in my class saw me and decided to leave her a note or something snitching on me. before i know it, when i was finishing up my last few things of the exam to hand it in, she comes up to me and tells me she has seen me cheating on my phone. she asked for my exam and to leave, i didn't argue and did just that. this is the first time something like this happens to me so i'm just wondering how worried i should be about this. if someone has gone through something like this, please tell me about your experience. thank you, much appreciated.
December 13, 2011 @ 08:51 PM
A!exander

I don't know man, at my school if you get caught cheating you get sent to the honor board and you get an XF(academic dishonesty) for the class, but the board can change to an F if you appeal. I don't know if you'll get kicked out, but the academic dishonesty will be on your transcript. Smh can't believe someone snitched on you man, just a little googling.
December 13, 2011 @ 09:32 PM
iAmSofaKing

At my school if u get caught they put something on record and u fail dat course, if ur caught a 2nd time ur gone

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

December 13, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
Jamie Dimon

If you get caught cheating, automatic F on test. For my school, if you fail the final you can't pass the course. That differs within schools though so it might be different for yours.

Also, your mistake was not arguing about it. If she came up to you and you had the phone put away, she can't prove you cheated. You can just say you never had your phone out and there would be no way to prove it.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

December 13, 2011 @ 10:45 PM
PowerCum

at my school you'd fail the class and would have to appear in front of a honors court if you're found guilty you're expelled or some shit like that
December 13, 2011 @ 10:51 PM
Lemonz ♦

If she never saw you directly, then how could she have done that? If she really did see you then why didn't she stop you when you first started? If someone really did snitch on you, it will most likely come down to their word against yours. In which case you will most likely be given the benefit of the doubt.

At our Uni, if you get caught cheating then there's a good chance they'll ask you to leave, for good. They made it clear that they would not tolerate cheating under any circumstances. It was all included in a massive contract/agreement we signed when we first enrolled.
December 13, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
RawShack

yo who goes to kingsborough esims is fucking up i keep putting in the course code and it signs me up for some other class wtf?
December 13, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
D

i emailed her last night and received an email from her not too long ago saying that she's waiting to receive info and she will let me know what will happen next. i'm guessing she is getting in touch with the dean, so yeah i am pretty much fucked. i was hoping to get an F and just fail the class or whatever, but didn't want that cheating shit on my transcript. another thing is that i'm worried ill be kicked out of the business program for this shit too, then i wont even know what to major in.

December 14, 2011 @ 12:08 AM
Constellations

Just Got Into FSU coolcoolcoolcoolcool

\X/

December 14, 2011 @ 01:30 AM
TwiggyDig

Damn... can't believe im finishing my first semester of sophomore year. Looks like I'm going to land dem straight A's. Dreams of going to law school looking more promising.

Achieving goals in college >
December 14, 2011 @ 03:38 AM
tmwtg

^ Word, same here with the straight A's. Probably my most rewarding/interesting semester yet.

Nice APCs, too, man. I see you.
December 14, 2011 @ 09:10 AM
sushi19

guys, i know im probably gonna get trolled the fuck out lol. but i got a serious question; i got caught cheating in a stupid final for a stupid ass class (idk what i was thinking). how fucked am i? anybody ever go through this?

you go to csulb too huh? i heard about this from my friend.

now i didnt cheat on the final, but i did cheat on a paper that i had to write a week before finals week for a general ed class. prof emailed me i emailed her right back to schedule a meet. went to her office hours denied the shit out of her allegations, then actually thought what might happen (thought i was gonna get kicked outta college). next day i went to her office hours again. told her what really went down and why i cheated on the paper. she felt bad. told me that whether i admitted fault or if i denied it was taken into consideration on the outcome/severity of the punishment. had to talk to some higher-up guy who was super chill as fuck. sweatin bullets that i was gonna get kicked outta college and basically thought my life was over for... but he told me how cheating is bad and not to do it again and told me to write a 500 word paper on why i cheated, what happened, and what i learned from getting caught. then i just repeat-deleted that course.

but best of luck to you man. hopefully either
a) you had a solid as fuck A in there before the final and still pass it
b) she fails you for the class and you write that 500 word paper and repeat-delete
ill be prayin that you get the first outcome
December 14, 2011 @ 10:07 AM
hiphopbackpacker

Damn if you got caught at Cal or any other UC, you'd be kicked out so fast, you wouldn't have time to lie and deny the accusations.
December 14, 2011 @ 11:08 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

was about to ask that, what are some good SUNY/CUNY schools around NYC? hour away max.

Alot of the suny's a far from nyc. Just do a cuny and transfer.

anyone else besides Sex going to CUNY Baruch? I need good colleges in NYC to apply to and I don't know which ones are worth it.

i go to st johns it's a good school but expensive as fuck. best thing about it are all the resources at your disposable. literally a plethora of things to help you in whatever field you want.
December 14, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
$$$$$

was about to ask that, what are some good SUNY/CUNY schools around NYC? hour away max.

anyone else besides Sex going to CUNY Baruch? I need good colleges in NYC to apply to and I don't know which ones are worth it.

i go to st johns it's a good school but expensive as fuck. best thing about it are all the resources at your disposable. literally a plethora of things to help you in whatever field you want.

I also go to St. Johns and its hella expensive. The name is big, but the education isnt anything special.
But its one of the better school in NY.
December 14, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
on.point

Just dropped off my intent to enroll at USF cool

Question: I know the final acceptance is contingent on good academic standing for my final quarter at my old school. I got a D in one class but solid B's in everything else. Am I fucked or will they look past it/offer academic forgiveness? I still have above a 3.0
December 14, 2011 @ 08:49 PM
zzzboy

you will probably have to explain the D. i remember for UC's it was maintain a 3.0 and no D's or F's.
December 14, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
kushburner

B- Calc 2
A- English
A- Micro Econ
A Business survey
got a 3.406

Depends on the school some schools just do a,b,c, ect.. i go to ohio state and we have + and -. Thought it would be an advantage but already proved to balance it self out

It's supposed to be:
A: 4.0
A-: 3.7
B+: 3.3
B: 3.0
B-: 2.7
etc..
December 14, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
bapa

I also go to St. Johns and its hella expensive. The name is big, but the education isnt anything special.
But its one of the better school in NY.

what was your highschool gpa, SAT scores, etc.? my GPA is like an 83%, and i got around a 1510 on my SAT, and i swear my counselor is making it seem like lm not going to college, telling me all this shit about how im on the "edge" with my grades and might not be able to get into any SUNY's. im nervous as fuck b.

so far i applied early decision to syracuse university and i'm supposed to find out whether or not i get in, in like a week, but if dont then imma have to start looking at some SUNY's and some other schools. what are some good safety schools that you guys applied to that i could get into easy?
December 15, 2011 @ 12:48 AM
Jamie Dimon

^1510 combined or just CR/M?
The prestige of your high school helps but assuming SAT is all 3 combined, then your high school is just a normal one.

St. John's should be safety. They took me even though I never sent my SAT scores. For SUNYs your GPA would be good if your in one of nyc's specialized high schools.

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend St Johns if your not doing pharmacy. Go to CUNY for any other major.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

Please login first to reply.