College Discussion Thread.

November 16, 2011 @ 06:00:12 AM
Yo I'm gonna start recruiting kids from HB to go to UC Berkeley, cause I know ya'll niggas want that education.... We got some dumb fuck liberals too!!

OCCUPY CAL WE IN THIS (can't believe I was able to take this shot without my iPhone getting jacked)

Dat professional photo

November 16, 2011 @ 20:11:44 PM
I'm here now due to a limited budget. I might transfer after my second year. Most people go home on the weekends but I work on campus on the weekends so it doesn't really effect me. Other schools definitely party harder. Parties mostly happen on Thursday and Saturday. I tend to stick to the house parties as opposed to the frats. The house parties are solid though. You just have to know people to know where they are. Went over to Santa Clara on the Friday before Halloween and it was definitely more smackin. School's pretty easy right now to be honest. Only problem is balancing 5 days of work with everything else in life. It's probably the 3rd best CSU to go to overall but there are many other schools that would be more fun than this.

glad you like it. im a fan of house parties too. going to a frat party and not being in a (or that) frat is just not the biz
i know a lot of ppl just end up going to the bars/clubs downtown though since you are literally right there

Originally posted by Inactive User
Yo I'm gonna start recruiting kids from HB to go to UC Berkeley, cause I know ya'll niggas want that education.... We got some dumb fuck liberals too!!

heard some idiot brought a gun to school and wouldnt put it down so he got shot and now he's dead
November 16, 2011 @ 22:48:13 PM
Anyone else here going to college in NYC? im at Pratt breh
November 16, 2011 @ 22:51:36 PM
sent that sheet at exactly 11:59. feels goooo

To where?

Im still doing apps and im turning in my Resume for Teachers and Counselor Recommendations
tomorrow.
November 16, 2011 @ 22:58:16 PM

i am.
November 17, 2011 @ 05:41:15 AM

i am.
NYU mang
November 18, 2011 @ 01:33:45 AM
Originally posted by Inactive User
sent that sheet at exactly 11:59. feels goooo

To where?

Im still doing apps and im turning in my Resume for Teachers and Counselor Recommendations
tomorrow.

Syracuse university.

fucking releif to have my personal statement and all that shit done with, now i all i gotta do is copy and paste the same shit to different apps.
November 18, 2011 @ 01:50:47 AM
got into Oregon State today. Really want Boulder or UC Santa Cruz tho. we'll see
November 18, 2011 @ 01:54:33 AM
can't wait till i get that "accepted into college" feeling.
November 18, 2011 @ 03:09:24 AM
I'm anxious for that know where I'm going feeling. Been accepted into Michigan State and Oregon
November 20, 2011 @ 08:40:17 AM
If any HB'ers are going to UC Berkeley next year, let me know and I'll tell you what classes/teachers to take. don't fuck up yo classes
November 21, 2011 @ 00:48:32 AM
Any of you niggas going to University of the Pacific next year in Stockton?
November 21, 2011 @ 03:09:20 AM
Sent in my resume for my letters of rec.

Asked one from my AP microeco. teacher and one to my AP human geo teacher.
November 22, 2011 @ 21:35:54 PM
Where can I get into with a 1840 sat score with a 4.0 avg gpa?
November 22, 2011 @ 21:57:14 PM
^ If you wanna go to school in cali, you can get into every csu with those scores and probably most of the lower UC's as well

CSU QUESTION:
If i took summer classes at a CC to cover the credit for 2 D's, do I still have to average in the D's into my GPA or do i only average in my new summer school grades?
November 22, 2011 @ 22:44:28 PM
^

CSU QUESTION:
If i took summer classes at a CC to cover the credit for 2 D's, do I still have to average in the D's into my GPA or do i only average in my new summer school grades?

I am in a similar situation. I am retaking a class that I had a D in and I'm going to get an A/B in this class now. I want to say that they do, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm pretty sure they replace the grade with the higher grade. However, private universities have a different policy which factor the average of the two grades.
November 23, 2011 @ 00:00:13 AM
how many people actually take 2 years or less to get out of a community college and into a college of their choice? I see way too many people taking "breaks" from school and needing to take at least 3 years to transfer out
November 23, 2011 @ 00:16:43 AM

I go to St. Johns.
And I'm at NYU sometimes cause i gots a chick there a bang.
November 23, 2011 @ 01:18:48 AM
how many people actually take 2 years or less to get out of a community college and into a college of their choice? I see way too many people taking "breaks" from school and needing to take at least 3 years to transfer out

I myself only took 2 years and I may not be going to a college of my choice but I'm going to a decent college with a good program in my area of emphasis. However, it's understandable to take up to 3 years especially here in California considering the limited availability of classes to choose from and limited seats. It is possible to complete in two years; you just got to work at it.
November 23, 2011 @ 01:43:16 AM

I myself only took 2 years and I may not be going to a college of my choice but I'm going to a decent college with a good program in my area of emphasis. However, it's understandable to take up to 3 years especially here in California considering the limited availability of classes to choose from and limited seats. It is possible to complete in two years; you just got to work at it.

yeah that's what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm on my way to a 3.2 gpa -.- with 15.5 credits this semester. I'm just wanna finish in 2 years and get out of community college. the environment is so... boring. where do you plan on going to college? I'm hoping to pick up my slack and getting into UCLA or the decent UC's
November 23, 2011 @ 04:12:43 AM
CSU QUESTION:

Answer: For CSUs both grades will show on your transcript, however only the higher grade will be factored into your GPA.

*** EDIT: Repeat/Delete courses must be taken at the same university, where the original course was taken.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

November 23, 2011 @ 05:09:12 AM
berkeley we in this
November 23, 2011 @ 09:39:44 AM

yeah that's what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm on my way to a 3.2 gpa -.- with 15.5 credits this semester. I'm just wanna finish in 2 years and get out of community college. the environment is so... boring. where do you plan on going to college? I'm hoping to pick up my slack and getting into UCLA or the decent UC's

I put 3.56 down on my apps with a D haha but it's in the process of being made up. I only applied to two CSU's Cal Poly Pomona and CSUN. I'm not going to bother with UC's cause the only one I want to get into is hard as hell and the major is impacted. I feel you. I hate my CC and I can't wait to get outta here. Good luck!
November 23, 2011 @ 18:43:47 PM
^^damn good luck bro. if cc was like greendale college then it'd be a different story...
November 23, 2011 @ 19:37:29 PM
anyone taking photography as a career?
November 23, 2011 @ 19:59:30 PM
^ If you wanna go to school in cali, you can get into every csu with those scores and probably most of the lower UC's as well

CSU QUESTION:

I'm sort of in the same situation. I retook only one semester of class that I got a D in, and made up the score and got an A. Im still not sure whether I need to 1.) fill in the "Fall" box (cause that was the semester i made up) with the original score and right below it put the A in the "summer section, or 2.) leave the box blank and put my made up grade in the summer section or 3.) put the made up grade in the Fall box anyway since my school accepts it and calculates that score into the GPA instead of the D.
November 23, 2011 @ 20:20:41 PM

who cares. get out in 2 years if you want to get out. i did
stop followin the pack and rock CC

and u wont get into UCLA with a 3.2 unless you're in indian/afrian studies or something
the average GPA for admitted biz-econ/econ transfer was 3.94/3.95 http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/prospect/adm_tr/Tr_Prof10_mjr.htm

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

November 23, 2011 @ 20:57:54 PM

who cares. get out in 2 years if you want to get out. i did
stop followin the pack and rock CC

and u wont get into UCLA with a 3.2 unless you're in indian/afrian studies or something
the average GPA for admitted biz-econ/econ transfer was 3.94/3.95 http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/prospect/adm_tr/Tr_Prof10_mjr.htm

I wasn't implying that I would have stayed the extra year to follow the pack. I want to get out as soon as possible, but seeing so many people falling into the cult of taking breaks and screwing up at community college gets me wondering is it only people in my city or others as well. Well, I'm considering in taking TAP program at my school. UCLA is a long shot for me, but it's not bad to reach for the stars. Mid UC's are what I'm pragmatically going to end up at.

уυиgѕнυи, good luck bro. those are some premiere schools
November 24, 2011 @ 00:25:41 AM
anyone else besides Sex going to CUNY Baruch? I need good colleges in NYC to apply to and I don't know which ones are worth it.
Please login first to reply.
x